The Twilight Saga

Hi everyone!!
Gone, the title of this story, is the sequel to Innocent in Ruins (see link below).
If you want updates when a new chapter is posted, please add the account that we (Yani and Kelsi) share. That account is only for updates and anything else to do with our story.
That is the account that is posting this.
If you click on--------------------->
Yani and Kelsi ----------------->It will take you to our profile. Just add us as a friend, if you have not, already, to get updates!
You can also add our personal accounts: 

Kel-C :) (Eli's POV)
♫forever as always♫ (Max's POV)
You might get updates from these accounts but we are making no promises. We would really appreciate if you would just add our shared account!
That would help us, ALOT!!
Thanks!

-Kelsi and Yani

Innocent in Ruins (Link):
http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/forum/topics/innocent-in-ruins-1?gro...

Preface.

We thought what we each HAVE been through was hard. We thought it was harder than anything that could come in the future. We thought we were strong enough, after all the pain, to handle something, anything, everything. It took this to defeat our thoughts. It took this to show us that we were wrong. It took this to realize there is worse in the future than what had happened to us before. It took this to show us how wrong we were.But, most importantly, it took this to really show us how strong we were and how strong we could be.

Tags: Gone, Innocent in Ruins

Views: 40

Replies to This Discussion

Chapter One

Eli's POV
It's been about 2 years and 8 months since the incident. The incident that I will never, ever forget, no matter how hard I try.
Here's a recap:
As a 15 year old girl from a drug house, I was "purchased" by Max's father. Max, at the time, was a 17 year old boy who's family had enough money to support tons of other families and then some. They were rich. Then his mom got really sick and passed away. Max's dad was upset about the money that Max inherited and kicked him out of the house. All this time, Max was hiding me in a secret room off of his bedroom. When he was kicked out, he packed me and him a suitcase and we left to a little cabin a ways away from the house. One night, a stranger came and took me to a warehouse. The stranger locked me in the basement of the warehouse, hardly giving me food. When Max didn't give his dad the money, I was shot in the leg. Soon after that, Max came and saved me. Later, I found out that the stranger was Dan, Max's father. He got 2 years in prison and 2 years on probation after prison.
The other two men that helped shall remain nameless. One got 6 years for shooting and the other got 5 years for caption. I also found out that I would never be able to walk again.
Yeah. Just great.
After that, 2 years and 8 months ago, I found out I was pregnant. 1 year and 11 months ago, I had a adorable baby boy. We named him Teddy. In just a month, he will be 2. I cannot believe that. I'm 18 now and Max is 20. Young, I know. But it wasn't on purpose. We are also living in Dan's house which is Max's old house. It's hard living here, knowing all that happened since I started. But I have Max so we'll get through. Max works while I stay home with Teddy. I couldn't do much anyways considering the fact that I'm in a wheelchair. Turns out, when I was shot, it hit a nerve in one of my tendons and shouldn't ever go back to normal. It's almost like I'm paralyzed in the one leg. The other works fine.
Max is a manager at a local bank. He's the one that is in charge of everything. He's good at it, too. We have enough money that he doesn't HAVE to work but we are big into donating to charities. The American Heart association, The Ronald McDonald House, and the Red Cross are the ones we give money to most of the time.
Dan is on probation now, out of jail. He's not allowed to come within 100 yards of the house, any of us, or anything to do with us.
That's all that has lead up to this very moment.
Teddy's 2nd birthday in ONE MONTH! Wow.

Max's POV

Its been close to 3 years since the whole thing has happened. The thing that happened that has changed our life. The thing that put Eli in a wheelchair. The only thing that we have to do is move on and hope for the best. The past is somwthing that i don't like thinking about. A little bit after then , Eli gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Teddy. He is really the best son that you could ask for. Ever since he was young, he wouldn't cry alot like other babies. I know he will become a good person in the future. He is barely asking questions and becoming aware of his surrounding. He is the best son. Well, now im now bragging about my son. I wonder if my dad ever did that.
At first i wasn't so sure about going back to work. Heck, i won't have to work for about 5 years and still be in a good condition but for being the man in the house, I would have to do so.
Finding a job wasn't so easy. I would either be put in hold or they would just want me because of who my dad used to be.
Finally i found a job that would hire me because of me, not because of my dad. This job has been going good so far. I work all day and come back on the afternoon. I started off where everyone usually started and I worked my way up and now I'm the manager of this place. I'm pretty good at this and i enjoy working here.
Its almost Teddy's 2nd birthday. Eli and I can't wait. Eli is doing okay. She still hasn't gotten used to being in a wheel chair. I try to tell her it's okay.I tell her that I will love her for ever, no matter what. But somehow, I don't believe her when she says "okay." I would do anything to have her walk again, to see her smile again.
Loved it (I think this is what I said)! Post the Perface soon :)
Thanks!!!
We will as soon as Yani gets her computer back!
:)
sad she can't walk again, but it was great
love it!
This is still really good! But one thing that is a pet peave(Spelled wrong, I know.) It's almost as if they're thinking the same thing. Keepp going, Keep me updated!! =D
Chapter 2

Max's Pov

The hot summer sun was shining into our room, waking me up from my dream. I turned to my left and found Eli fast asleep with her beautiful eyes closed. I tried to make the least possible amount of noise. I didn't want to wake her.
After I got out of bed, I went to check on Teddy. He was also sleeping deeply in his dreams, hugging his teddy bear for dear life. Since he was a baby, he always loved his teddy bear, Bowser. He wouldn't ever want to let him go and even when we went out, he took it. He never forgot it.
I rubbed Teddy's head and made my way towards the living room to watch some TV. I went through almost all the channels but never found something interesting. There isn't ever anything good on TV.
Since there was nothing on TV, I decided to create the breakfast for today. I started taking out the bacon, eggs, and bread. I set them out on the counter. I took out the toaster and put in pieces of bread.
I quickly went to the bathroom and when i came out, there was Eli, cooking the bacon. She was still in her blue robe like she usually is in the mornings. I silently walked up to her and put my arms around her waist making her jump a little. She had her boot on with crutches. This was new and painful for her but the doctor said she needed to start working the muscles if she ever did plan on walking at all.

"Hi," I said putting my head in her shoulder.

"Hi," she said looking at me and smiling. I started kissing her until we could smell the bacon burning and just laughed. I helped her make the eggs and then I took out the orange juice for us.

"Mommy? Daddy?" I could hear Teddy calling us from the other room.

"Coming!" I yelled this while going to his room. Then I took him out of his crib.

"Good morning," Teddy told me, giving me a kiss on the cheek and then running to his mom.
He hugged her legs, and told her good morning, too. We taught him to always have good manners.

He went and sat on his chair while drinking his milk. Eli set the food in the table and we started eating.
After about 15 minutes we finished eating and I started taking the plates to the sink.

Teddy asked, "What are we doing today?"

"I don't know.....What do you want to do today??"

"Can we go to the mall??? Please!!" Teddy begged.

"I don't know. Ask your mom," I told him.

"Mommy, can we go to the mall??"

Eli replied with a simple "no."

"Why don't we go out that much? We hardly ever go out," He whined. The truth was that we didn't want the media to see him, to ask him all sort of questions about his grandpa. We wanted him to be happy so we don't take him out that much.

"Okay. How about we go," I told him and a big smile appeared on his face. "But you have to go to bed right on time today."

"Okay!" He said and went running off to get changed. He could get dressed himself because Eli picks out his clothes for the day every night.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Eli asked, worried.

"We can't always hide him and it's only the mall. He wants to play in the play area with other kids." Eli just nodded and looked down.

"Everything will be okay. I promise," I assured her while taking her hand.

"I just don't want anything to happen to him," She told me while looking in my eyes.

"Me neither, But we can't hide him from the world. He's growing up and asking many more questions." She just nodded again and went to wash the dishes.

I went to go check on Teddy. I helped him get the shirt over his head. And the I helped him tie his shoes. Then I helped him wash his face and his teeth. When we finished he went to grab his Bowser.
When we got out, Eli was also changed and now in her wheel chair. I went and got changed quickly and then helped Eli out of her wheel chair, into the car. After that, we left.
We got in the car and we took the 30 minute drive to the mall.
Finding a parking was the hardest thing. We had to park very far away and walk a lot.
Inside the mall, we went straight to the play area and Teddy went running to go play with other kids. I sat down and Eli wheeled herself by the benches around the play area and watched him play. About 10 minutes later Teddy came back.

"Daddy can you buy me ice cream?"

"Ummm...sure." I got up and walked to the food court. I found a place where they sold ice cream and bought Teddy a rocky road ice cream. I went walking back when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello Max." It was my lawyer.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's your father. They let him out of jail yesterday. He wasn't suppose to get out but the jail was to full and he was behaving well."

"What!? how could they do this?"

"I don't know. I just thought I would let you know. Keep an eye out. He's still on probation. Just keep an eye out."

I thanked him and then told him that I needed to go tell Eli.

I ran back to the play area with the ice cream cone and found Eli wheeled over by one of the slides, yelling Teddy's name. She faced me and there were tears streaming down her face.

"What happened?" I asked quickly. I forgot all about the phone call.

"I looked down to check my phone for just a second. Then I looked back and-and....." She was sobbing loudly at this point.

"And what?" I asked. Then on second thought I asked another question. "Where's Teddy?"

Eli looked at me and shook her head with panic in her eyes.
Oh God. No. This can't really be happening.

Eli's POV
I woke up to the sound of banging metal and plastic downstairs. I wondered what the heck was going on so I got out of the bed real slowly. I had to sleep with a boot on my leg and the doctor wanted me to use crutches in the mornings so I could build up some neglected muscle.
I grabbed my crutches and then took the blue robe off the hook by my bed. I put in on and then hobbled to the kitchen.
Bacon was out and everything smelled wonderful. I figured Max would be right back so I continued cooking bacon for him.
Soon after I began cooking, I felt hands around my waist. I jumped as far off the group as my crutches would let me.

"Hi," Max said, laying his head on my shoulder.

"Hi," I said. We started kissing but the bacon smelled like it was burning so we stopped. Max helped make eggs and then poured 2 glasses of orange juice and one glass of milk. Teddy doesn't like orange juice.

"Mommy? Daddy?" Teddy called for us.

Max yelled to him that he was coming and I smiled. How could I ask for anything more? Besides my past and this leg, my life was perfect. And I had a wonderful family. A wonderful husband and a beautiful little boy.

"Good Morning," Teddy said while running to me.

Teddy went to his chair and I set the table. Not much later, we had all finished eating and Max started cleaning up.

Teddy asked what we were doing today.
When Max answered that he didn't know, Teddy begged to go to the mall.
For only being almost two years old, Teddy talked exceptionally well.
Then Teddy asked me if we could go. I told him no.
Ever since the incident, we haven't taken Teddy into public often. We didn't want swarms of people asking questions. We didn't want Teddy knowing what had happened. We didn't want him to think of his grandpa as an awful person. So therefore, we didn't want the public asking questions in front of Teddy.

"Why don't we go out that much? We hardly ever go out," He whined.

"Okay. How about we go," Max told him and a big smile appeared on his face. "But you have to go to bed right on time today."

"Okay!" He said and went running off to get changed.

I was real worried about this but Max convinced me it was okay.

"We can't always hide him and it's only the mall. He wants to play in the play area with other kids," Max said.
I nodded, still unsure.

"Everything will be okay. I promise," Max said and took my hand.

"I just don't want anything to happen to him," I told him.

"Me neither, But we can't hide him from the world. He's growing up and asking many more questions." I nodded and then went to clean up some more.

Then Max left the room and turned to Teddy's room. I continued doing the dishes.
I just couldn't imagine what Teddy would think if we were getting swarmed with cameras and microphones. I just hoped that everything would be okay. Everyone should just leave us alone.
I went and changed quickly into a brown blouse and some denim shorts. I figured I would take off my boot today and let my leg get some air. I sat in my wheel chair and worked to get the boot off. It only took a few minutes.
When I got back into the kitchen, Max and Teddy came walking out of Teddy's room. I wheeled out to the car and Max helped me inside. Before putting the wheel chair in the trunk, he whispered 'i love you,' in my ear.

It took a while to get to the mall and when we did, there were no parking spots. We parked far away and it was quite the workout getting inside.
Inside the mall, we went straight to the play area and Teddy went running to go play with other kids. I wheeled myself by a bench and Max sat next to me, watching Teddy. About 10 minutes later, Teddy came back, asking for ice cream. Max left to get him some so I kept watching him.

When Max left, I glanced at Teddy. He was in the ball pen. I looked down to check my phone. No missed calls.
But when I glanced back up.....
Teddy was gone.
I continued to scan the play area. Panic was rising by the second.
When I couldn't find him anywhere, I started calling his name. I wheeled around the entire play pen and didn't see him. So I wheeled in by the slide and, now desperate to her him say 'Mommy, I'm here,' I yelled his name louder. Tears started sliding down my cheek.

I was screaming through my sobs by the time Max came back.
I looked at his face and as soon as he saw my tears, his expression became worried.

"What happened?" He asked urgently.

I tried to explain to him what had happened but I couldn't bring myself to say that he was gone. I studdered when I told him 'I turned to look at my phone for just a second and-and.....'
I couldn't say anymore.

"And what?" Max questioned. Then he asked more worried, "Where's Teddy?"

I could only shake my head and cry louder. I could see the panic in my eyes because it reflected in his.
His face turned red.
Oh my gosh. I cannot believe it.
Teddy was.....gone.
First Comment! Now I'll read. ^^
This is AMAZING! =D Keep it going. Keep me updated. I hope Teddy is alright. :\
Thank you!!
I hope Teddy is alright, too! Update soon.
We will update as soon as possible!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service