The Twilight Saga

This discussion is mainly used for communication between Twilight Banners, Graphics and Tutorials  admin. However, all members are welcome to comment and participate in discussions. 

The Twilight Banners, Graphics and Tutorials active admin staff:

η ι κ κ ι  (US and Canada ET)  submit comments and questions concerning Member of the Month and Designer of the Month to Nikki

Claire limited availability (US and Canada ET) 

Zanica limited availability (US and Canada ET) 

AndraLee (Annie)  (US and Canada ET)

RomanceIsMyFiction(Juliee) flexible availability (US and Canada PT) submit to additions to the Gallery and Banner Shop Directory to Juliee

Anna  (inactive)

MadisonEmily (US and Canada ET)

(to learn more about current admin, visit Introduce Yourself)

Admin Alumni Association:

TheImprinted(Becki)

Sarajojo9 

****What's happening now? ****

Issue 4: Admin pleaase read and confirm that you have read the TTS terms of service, guidelines and new site rules.  After reading the rules, please comment here and note your suggestions for additional rules that will make the group run more smoothly. (After we have developed a proposed list of rules, they will be presented to members for a vote in a discussion.)

Terms of Service

Site Rules

Guidelines

Admin confirming that have read TOS, site rules and guidelines: Anna; Annie; Sarahjojo9 (inactive); Claire; Madi; Nikki; Zanica; Juliee

Issue 5:  Admin rights and responsibilities 

How often do admin have a duty to look in on the group? Currently, there is no requirement that admin maintain a visible presence in the group. All admin are volunteers who have school and work and real life. Admin should try to keep each other informed regarding their general online availability. That information will be posted here. 

What are the admin duties and how are they shared? Primarily, admin exist to help insure that the group is an open, inviting place for fans. At least one admin should welcome new members. Everyone should immediately report spam and malicious links using the 'Report an Issue' button. Admin should all be involved in the chore of making sure that all active pages are current, appealing and functioning. If admin choose to participate in contests, either as hosts or participants, they should do so in a fair and impartial manner.

How should admin document administrative activities, including the deletion of discussions or suspension of members. Mod Genn should be informed of significant administrative actions. Page updates be noted in the appropriate place. 

How are admin selected? Members who want to hold an administrative position should post their interest here and contact Mod Genn, the group creator. Mod Genn, is the only person who can approve an admin. There are currently no administrative positions open. 

Under what circumstances should an admin be removed? Admin are subject to following the rules as set forth by TTS. Any admin lose administrative privileges and can be suspended. Suspension, reinstatement and removal of an admin is a private matter between that admin and Mod Genn. Admin will be removed when they announce that they no longer want the responsibility. Admin who delete their TTS account automatically lose administrative privileges. Mod Genn will approve reinstatement of returning admin on a case by case basis. 

Issue 6: 

What kind of discussions (galleries, contests, etc) will members open? All discussions and pages must follow ToS, the site rules and guidelines. Members are not required to participate in any discussion, create discussions, vote or participate in other activities created by members and/or admin of TGBT. Members may form sub-groups or clubs as long as they do not disrupt the general group. Members may not be pressured into joining sub-groups nor can any member be excluded from sub-groups. 

How many competitions or challenges can a member run at a time? Per the majority of voting members, a member can only host two comps or challenges at a time. This includes comps and challenges created in sub-groups. 

What kind of support can people who host challenges, contests and competitions expect? Admin post links to contest and challenges where they are easily accessed by members and visitors. Links will be displayed for two weeks after the end of the contest. After that time, links will be available in the group archive, subject to the site rules.

How long will inactive discussions appear? The new rules say that anything that has been inactive for more than 3 weeks may be deleted. 

Issue 7:

In keeping with new guidelines and site rules, how do we keep our group Twilight-themed? The group layout design and icons will be Twilight related.  Encourage Twilight-themed contests. 

Issue 8: Rate My Graphic

In the past, rating visual artists and art work has resulted in problems and complaints. Any member or artist can request review or critique from a fellow member. This is better done privately. People who post their work in discussions for the purpose of receiving a rating from any and everyone, do so at their own risk. The comments of raters who use such discussions to personally attack others, will be deleted.

Issue 9: Member Participation

All organized activities should allow and promote free and fair participation from all members. Artists can not be forced to participate in any activity. Activities that promote the idea that some artists are better than others, including attempts to segregate artists and regulate interaction between banner makers and writers, should not be encouraged.   

Notable quotes to ponder:

Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms

that have been tried from time to time.

WINSTON CHURCHILL

(now how about a Twilight-themed quote...lol)

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Be aware: Extraneous conversation  may be deleted from this discussion. In other words, if it doesn't pertain to a vote, a discussion regarding an issue, raise a new issue or further the cause of  the admin mission to keep the good ship Twilight Banners, Graphics and Tutorials sailing, it will get tossed. 

BTW: Some convo may be screen capped, deleted and reinserted as an attachment under the appropriate convo for purposes of continuity and clarity.

Tags: admin

Views: 3096

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, idk who did that.

Pertaining to Issue #3

My opinion is that we shouldn't be deleting discussions that we didn't make unless the discussion is very old and inactive. That is only fair. 

This really applies to Issue #5...admin responsibilities and accountability

Hello, everyone. I was wondering if I should get up my Creativity Jumble competition?

For those who weren't apart of Express Yourself/Twilight Expressions, then I'll let you know what a "Creativity Jumble" competition is all about. Basically, a writer and a graphic designer will team up. The writer will write something new and short, and send it to the graphic maker. The graphic designer will then make a graphic to go along with the writing, creating their own feel on it. I think having the Creativity Jumble here could actually bring more members together here! I believe it would help members to also start talking together more and such. Then, when that competition ends, the next one that comes up you have to choose a different partner, you can't have the same one again. It'll help the graphic designers get more orders, I believe, and like I said before, bring us all closer together!

Please, do not create this competition. I would like to create it since it was my idea, and one of the few things I am bringing back from my old group. Thank You.

---

I was also thinking that we should come up with a line of rules. Nothing major, but just some minor guidelines that could help the group stay in place. Things covering copyright guidelines, and such.

I'm for Creative Jumble. Definitely. If you make it, I will play. I hope you'll post some examples from previous play. It sounds exactly like the kind of game we need. :D 

I'm posting Rules as Issue #4. TTS guidelines and terms of service go into copyright and so forth, so I think it's a good idea that each admin read and confirm that they have read the new guidelines, terms of service and site rules. Intragroup rules... things that are particular to our group definitely need to be addressed and soon!

Sadly, when the group was removed it seemed that everything with it disappeared. I'm more than willing to make an example for everyone to look at, though! 

Thank you, I was hoping you would. I can say I confirm reading the new rules. I'm very familiar with them. Hopefully, everyone else is, too. I was thinking within the admin team we should also have some guidelines set for us, too. Perhaps to help ensure that what we do is fair within the team.

I agree; we need rules within the admin team (Issue #5).  I was thinking that we should document our activities in some way, too. But the bottom line is that we have to simply trust that each one of us is well-intentioned and hopes to our best to make our group members happy.  

Yeah, I'm all for the Creative Jumble.
Anna, with this question are you asking the admin to vote on an official group sponsored contest? Because anyone is free to set up a contest that they administer themselves. Admin would only get involved if we see that people might need help promoting their contests. Should the group establish guidelines about how contests, challenges and comps are operated? Will every event get featured on the main page and if so for how long?  I'll post this as Issue #6.
Question: Do you think we should have an archive page for competitions that are over? o.O
I think we should divide responsibilities up and actually hold a few comp before we make archives.... besides we also have a responsibility to not post things that are posted elsewhere repeatedly... it's somewhere in the new guidelines.... so an archive might need to contain a (or several) large banner (s) that hold smaller version of all the entries. The attached file is an example from The Banner Group.
Attachments:

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service