The Twilight Saga

Ok guys and gals of the anti persuasion, here is your place to gather and do your thing. 

You all know the rules and you all know what got the other anti threads deleted.  Please, let's all be cool here and not go down that road again.  If you decide to travel that road once more, we won't be punishing the thread by deletion, we'll simply ban the member. 

Don't claim you haven't been warned!  This is the warning.

Views: 17466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really want a baked potato with butter and sour cream right now.

So. I went to the premier of Breaking Dawn Part 2 with a couple of friends of mine. The movie was okay (considering it was Breaking Dawn, the book I hate and therefore don't care what occurs in the movie) and the ending sent me on an emotional roller coaster. I felt like I was 13 years old again, as if I was once again invested in the Twilight world and adored it. I loved the feeling. The end, I must admit, was beautiful. Regardless of whether or not I still like the book, regardless of whether or not I hate Breaking Dawn, regardless of any actors I dislike or plot turns I despised... I realized The Twilight Saga will always mean a lot to me. Not wholly because it was my first (willing read) book series, and not wholly because it turned me into the book worm I am today.

It was because The Twilight Saga gave me an escape when I really needed it. And it was because those book lead me here. Lead me here, where I met you all. Watching the ending...it reminded me of this website. And I watched The Twilight Saga end. The books and movies are now complete, and I'm sure this site will be too soon. But I have so much appreciation and emotional attachment involved, that I cried. And I came home and saw the books and cried. And then I saw the computer, and I turned it on, and now I'm being the biggest wimp ever and crying while writing this.

Really, I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you to all of you. I love you. And I appreciate all that you have done for me, more than you will ever know. I miss you all so much, and I just hope and pray you are all well and happy. You take care of yourself.

~With huggles and luffles and lots of love and tears and stuff,
Lyn.

Hi, Lynnie. :)

Aw, reading that makes me feel teary eyed. Even though I never admitted it to myself at that time, I was in a bad place in my life and this site and all the wonderful people here helped me through it, unknowingly. I will always be grateful for that and remember you guys with love.

Lots of love.

I feel te exact same way. I hope you're doing well, my stalker. <3 I miss you.

Awww.. This was such a sweet post Lyn! 

Reading your post has made me nostalgic about those days when we used to make this thread explode with our awesomeness. I still remember the time when a page reload resulted in 5 different replies from people talking about whatnot. *sigh*

Those days will always be missed and all of us have moved on but TTS and the books will always stay in my heart for the same reasons.

As for the movie, it doesn't release here till coming Friday but I have plans to watch it with my friends. Maybe it has a similar impact on me? Will definitely come here and let you guys know.. xD

I hope not. I'm such a wimp. XD

But the hole in my chest came back! I felt empty. That hole when you finish something that meant a lot to you (usually with books, for me) and you feel like a really important internal organ has beem remove...yeah! Doesn't feel good. XD But I needed that. It brought back so many memories. It brought me back here.

Haha! At least BD-2 holds the potential to have that impact on all us lost Antis!

Maybe others watch it too and join the trend you started? xP

:-)

Hello Lynette.

*waves*

Maybe I'll watch it while it's still in theaters after all.

If this thread dies I'm going to be very sad. 

I second this.

:-/

Came back and saw that I jump started some activity for a bit but then it died again, so here goes one more attempt! :D

Hey everyone, so I'm Kaze'! I feel like I should give you my real name now since I trust you all to be awesome individuals. My real name is Danny :) I am an aspiring musician, performer, and dreamer. I've done some things in my very recent past that I wish I had never gotten into but thankfully I have an above average willpower so I quit doing all the bad things the world offers you. I've finally realized who I truly am as a person and I'm ready to conquer the world! I want to use my gift to inspire others and help them through those tough times through the magic of music. Music always has a way of making you remember certain parts of your life and is one of the best healing tools. Plus, who doesn't love to jam to some tunes am I right? ;D

Anyway, I have an announcement to make. I wonder, does anybody on here follows NBC's The Voice? Well if you do, look out next season! My dad was kind enough to get me plane tickets to audition in Atlanta for Season 4 of The Voice! :D I'm incredibly excited and truly believe I can make it to the blind auditions (I have to audition for the Producers of the show twice before I go to the actual show). Lots of people hear me sing all the time and think I have the chance to make it.

My dad on the other hand...well he's very skeptical. I can't blame him since it is a long shot and since he's never truly heard me sing. He's heard me fool around in the car sometimes and I would harmonize with him whenever we had a Karaoke night at my house, but I would never showcase what I can really do. I'm doing this not for me, but for him and my family. I want to prove to my family, especially my dad, that I have the talent to make it. I've always felt like my dad has never been proud of me for anything, so I want to give him something to be proud of. If I don't make it, it'll only back him up and won't help my case or my career. That's why I HAVE TO MAKE IT. I will not accept leaving that room without that red slip saying I made it to LA for the next round.

I've been practicing everyday for hours. Whether it was singing in my car, walking on campus, while working, or at home. I am determined to make it and won't give up. This is a huge deal and means a lot to me for many reasons. So if I do make it at least to the Blind Auditions on TV, cheer for me! I would greatly appreciate it! ^_^

Other than that, I finished my first semester of college :) It was pretty chill and I had a good time. The major amounts of free time give me plenty of time to study, have a social life, and maintain work and sleep. College is a fun time but also very serious. If this music thing doesn't work out, I'll probably be a business major. It's a great degree to get lots of jobs in that I wouldn't mind doing. They say if you love your job, you won't work a day in your life and that's what I'm trying to strive for. Hopefully The Voice at least jump starts my career. I would love to be successful so I can support myself, my family, and help my mom financially since she's really struggling to pay her expenses. I can't really help her since my job is minimum wage with very little hours so I only have enough to pay for my car insurance, gas, and food. It sucks but I'm getting by with enough to survive on. If I weren't living with my parents, I would be screwed lol thank god they didn't kick me out after I turned 18.

OH YEAH! My 19th birthday is coming up on December 31st! ^_^ I've been so worried about my audition I completely forgot about my birthday! HAHAHAHA! I'm a dumb head. That's what stress does to you I guess :P

Well there's my current life story/situation. I always feel like this is a great place to write my thoughts down because you guys never judge and always have positive responses :) I appreciate that about this forum. Don't worry, if I ever get famous, I'll drop by again to say hi occasionally ;D lol Talk to you all soon!

Sincerely, Danny.

The Voice is actually one of my favorite shows! :D I'm so excited for you!! I'll definitely be rooting for you. :) 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service