The Twilight Saga

Ok guys and gals of the anti persuasion, here is your place to gather and do your thing. 

You all know the rules and you all know what got the other anti threads deleted.  Please, let's all be cool here and not go down that road again.  If you decide to travel that road once more, we won't be punishing the thread by deletion, we'll simply ban the member. 

Don't claim you haven't been warned!  This is the warning.

Views: 17767

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And if anyone is interested in reading about Saturday night: http://www.tucsonyouthpoetryslam.org/2013/03/slam-review-march-2013...

I'm Lydia H. btw. 

So, I saw BDpart2 the other night.

Loved seeing Carlisle's death, but Jasper's entire scenario was just ridiculously unlikely.

Also bugged me that the funniest parts in the novel were absent from the film (Bella forbiding Emmett from discussing her sex life as a condition of the arm-wrestling match, "You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair!", the "Fido" bowl).

Now that it is available on BluRay, anyone care to lay odds on how much longer this site shall survive?

Anyone wanna tell me, without spoilers, if they think "The Host" is worth reading and/or watching?

Eh. I wouldn't reread The Host. It was better than her Twilight work but nothing I would push someone into reading. And the movie...it doesn't seem it will stay true to the book, judging by the commercials. I don't believe it'll be great, to put it lightly.

I read a quote where Meyers said that The Host movie was her truest or most faithful adaptation yet.  I haven't read the book so I don't know, just thought I would share the comment. 

Oh, really?

That's very interesting. Like I said, I formed my thoughts solely on the commercials I've seen. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns out the movie follows the book well. Thanks for sharing. :)

Sure, glad to share. :) 

It is nice to be pleasantly surprised. 

Hm.

Someday I'll probably watch it for free, but I doubt I'll pay to see The Host.

Luna got more good news.

Went to another poetry slam last night (closer to my hometown) and placed second! And today I got a call from the organizers of the slams and they asked me if I'll host the next one!

It probably seems like I'm bragging but things like this have never had stuff like this happen. And I like telling you guys about it. 

Congrats, that is very exciting!! :D 

:D

Still thoroughly unsurprised by your success.

Congrats, Luna! That's way cool. =D

Wow I haven't been on in forever.

Hi errybody! It's fun to read about how everyone's been doing and sorta keep in touch here.  Mostly I've been gone because I started getting serious at college and I've been up to my neck in homework lately.  (Well, it's more like up to my neck until Friday afternoon, by which point I hate everything so much and I've been on my computer so long that I refuse to do any homework or do anything that isn't strictly fun until Monday shows up, at which point I start drowning in papers again. 'Tis a deadly cycle.)  Anyways, I'm doing pretty well, how's life for anyone who still shows up here sometimes?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service