The Twilight Saga

Hey everyone! Welcome to term three of GMPG! I can't wait to get started!

This term I will try my best to teach all of you something new, or something that you maybe never thought of trying before. Creating graphics is all about the imagination in my opinion. So, as the term goes on, don't be afraid to try new things, to do something that you maybe never heard of before, or even to get a bit silly and make a banner with no point at all. xD I'm hoping that we'll all be able to learn something new. I really appriciate you all choosing me as your mentor, so I will try my hardest to prove to you guys that I can actually teach. Haha.

I will be giving a lesson once a week. Please do NOT be afraid to ask if you don't understand something. If the week is up and you still don't get it, feel free to message me or to even ask another pupil for help.

Please keep in mind that I am only giving you tips and guiding you to places that I think will benefit your graphic making. I am teaching you what I know and what I am familiar with, if you have a different way of doing something that I'm teaching, please don't feel that it's wrong.

Name: Andii Marie Sixx, or just Andii :)

Favorite Band(s): Black Veil Brides, Asking ALexandria, Escape the Fate, Faling in Reverse, Paramore, and just go to my GMPG thread and you'll see my other ones on my playlist, lol.

Favorite Television Program: Bones, NCIS, Ghhost Adventures, Forensic FIles, things like those.

Favorite Actor(s): Josh Hutcherson, or Johnny Depp

Favorite Book(s): The Hunger Games, The UGlies Series, Vampire Acadmey Series, the series that goes along with Crank and Glass, and Burn. I forgot what it's called.

Celebrity Crush: Josh Hutcherson, Andy Biersack(the guys in the gif up there ^^), and Ashley Purdy (it's a dude.! and is in the same badn as Andy Biersack.)

Hobbies: Graphis making, singing, drawing, texting

Name:Elena

Favorite Band(s): The Glee Cast, Taylor Swift, Adele and, many more

Favorite Television Program:Vampire Diaries, Glee, NCIS

Favorite Actor(s):Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev, Josh Hucherson, Jennifer Lawrence

Favorite Book(s):Vampire Diaries, The Hunger Games, Twilight

Celebrity Crush:Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley

Hobbies:Reading, Writing, GIMPing, watching movies

Name: Juliee Favorite

Band(s):Taylor Swift, Adela, ABBA, Paramore,Glee..more

Favorite Television Program: Pll, Vampire Diaries,Warehouse 13, and How I meet your mother

Favorite Actor(s):Selena Gomez :D

Favorite Book(s): Twilight, Vampire diaries, Secret circle, night world Celebrity Crush:JB, Taylor L. , Ian S.

Hobbies:Banner making, Sining, acting, dancing, reading, and playing Sims

Name: Nikki

Favorite Band(s): Paramore, The Civil Wars, One Direction, The Victorious Cast

Favorite Television Program: Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time, Merlin, Secret Circle, SNL

Favorite Actor(s): Alex Pettyfer, Leighton Meester, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Sarah Michelle Gellar

Favorite Book(s): Twilight, Pride and Prejudice, The Luxe, THG, Beastly, A Corner of the Universe

Celebrity Crush: In case you've forgotten, PAUL WESLEY!

Hobbies: Acting, Singing, Writing

Name: Niya

Favorite Band(s): Paramore, BVB, One Direction

Favorite Television Program: Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, Awkward, The Lying Game, Big Time Rush, Boys Over Flowers, Playful Kiss

Favorite Actor(s): Ariana Grande, Taylor Lautner, Kellan Lutz, Booboo Stewart, Josie Loren, Darren Kriss

Favorite Book(s): Eternal, Wings, Spells, TTS, Cupid's Granddaughter, Love Me Alpha, Tithe,

Celebrity Crush: Taylor Lautner, Kellan Lutz, Booboo Stewart, Darren Kriss

Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Dancing, Acting, Designing, GIMPing\

Photobucket

Name: Zanica

Favorite Band(s): Chris Brown, hot chelle rae, maroon 5

Favorite Television Program: Spartacus Punk'd

Favorite Actor(s): Chris Brown, Gerad Butler

Favorite Book(s): Twilight Saga, Iron Fey, The Tiger Curse

Celebrity Crush: Chris Brown

Hobbies: Reading, writing, graphic making, singing, goofing around

***Remember: If you ever want to change something on these forms, just let me know!***

Views: 1924

Replies to This Discussion

*Name: Nikki

Favorite Band(s): Paramore, The Civil Wars, One Direction, The Victorious Cast

Favorite Television Program: Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Once Upon a Time, Merlin, Secret Circle, SNL

Favorite Actor(s): Alex Pettyfer, Leighton Meester, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Sarah Michelle Gellar

Favorite Book(s): Twilight, Pride and Prejudice, The Luxe, THG, Beastly, A Corner of the Universe

Celebrity Crush: In case you've forgotten, PAUL WESLEY!

Hobbies: Acting, Singing, Writing

*What are you hoping to learn from me:  I WISH TO LEARN ALL OF THE NEW ELEMENTS OF THE CLAIRE! xDDD, JK

I am willing to learn anything, but I like that shape thingy you do, and I <3 your textures! Haha, they are so much better than mine!

*Would you consider yourself a beginner, intermidiate, or advanced graphic maker:  Intermediate, I know stuff, but not EVERYTHING.

*What is your favorite graphic that you have made and why:

I love that it is all in black and white, and that the red text pops.

=D The Civil Wars are fantastic, I hadn't ever heard of them until Safe And Sound came out, but since then I've bought their Barton Hollow CD, I must say, I'm quite impressed! ^______^ I really enjoyed Beastly! Have you read any other of her books? I haven't, I'd like to though. And I haven't ever even heard of A Corner Of The Universe, but if it's one of your favorites than it has to be good! =D I must look up. :3

I really like your banner... the blending is fantastic, and I LOVE that stock of Jennifer!

I haven't read any of Alex Flinn's other books either.

A Corner of the Universe made me cry during I Love Lucy (Now that's powerful). It's by Ann M Martin btw.

Thank you for the compliment on the banner.

All of her stuff is fairytale-ey, I'd really like to read more of her work. :3

I must look it up. =D

I Love Lucy? LOL what? That's an old TV show. Is it a part in the book?

And no problem. =)

Hehe, yes, a BIG part.

Mmm, I like Fairytaley.

*Name: Niya

Favorite Band(s): Paramore, BVB, One Direction

Favorite Television Program: Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, Awkward, The Lying Game, Big Time Rush, Boys Over Flowers, Playful Kiss

Favorite Actor(s): Ariana Grande, Taylor Lautner, Kellan Lutz, Booboo Stewart, Josie Loren, Darren Kriss

Favorite Book(s): Eternal, Wings, Spells, TTS, Cupid's Granddaughter, Love Me Alpha, Tithe,

Celebrity Crush: Taylor Lautner, Kellan Lutz, Booboo Stewart, Darren Kriss

Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Dancing, Acting, Designing, GIMPing

*What are you hoping to learn from me: (feel free to provide any of my graphics as examples for something you want to learn.) As Much As You Can Teach Me

*Would you consider yourself a beginner, intermidiate, or advanced graphic maker: Intermediate

I like how the colors are exciting and vibrant!

Ah! I adore Paramore and Darren Criss. :3 And I really like the use of the texture in the background! That's a very neat banner! =D

I love them too thanks :-D

*Name: Zanica

Favorite Band(s): Chris Brown, hot chelle rae, maroon 5

Favorite Television Program: Spartacus Punk'd

Favorite Actor(s): Chris Brown, Gerad Butler

Favorite Book(s): Twilight Saga, Iron Fey, The Tiger Curse

Celebrity Crush: Chris Brown

Hobbies: Reading, writing, graphic making, singing, goofing around

*What are you hoping to learn from me: its your techniques i cant explain it but its very different

i'd like to learn how to do the circle thing

*Would you consider yourself a beginner, intermidiate, or advanced graphic maker: i guess advanced

Photobucket

because its different from what i usually do

OO! I love Maroon 5! ^______^ The circle thing is incredibly easy! =D You'll have that down in no time! I love that graphic! I like the font variations and the border specificially! They look really nice! =D

Thank you

Hey everyone! The first assignment is here! =D I'm pretty sure all of you know basic vocabulary for GIMP, but if you don't understand something that I say, please please please don't be afraid to ask questions! =D

Your first assignment is to make a button/header for yourself. =D It will be posted on top with your little forms from earlier. =D

These buttons should be 600 by 100 in size. The only catch to the assignment is that you need to have fun. =) Do your very best because these little header things will be back later in the term. =)

(SO many little faces. I guess I really over use those. Haha.)

-Claire.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service