The Twilight Saga

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

ARTIST:MoNa <3 Vamps

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR VOTING FOR NIGHT SKY!!!

ADDENUMS: SEE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT LINK PRIOR TO USAGE OF PAGE/MATERIAL
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Disclaimer:The author intended not to use any copyrighted material for the publication or, if not possible, to indicate the copyright of the respective object.
The copyright for any material created by the author is reserved. Any duplication or use of objects such as diagrams, sounds or texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the author's/writer's agreement.
Copyright Infringement: PLEASE READ FOLLOWING LINK FOR INFRINGEMENT DETAILS:
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#502

CLOUDED DREAMS
by Andrea Kuehl

CHAPTER 1 – A SECRET

Bella’s POV

Everything I have learned as a vampire has brought me to this point. My ability to love so deeply for my husband, daughter, family, and friends, has only strengthened my abilities. For love is the greatest emotion that drives any creature, whether human, vampire, or werewolf. I had taken these last four months for granted with a distant thought to the Romanians. Now before us stand Jane and Giovanni. On the side of me, my wonderful endearing husband, Edward, and my best friend in the world, Jake. Why would they choose this day to come to collect on a bargain only made four months ago? We had defeated the Volturi, what possible threat is there now? I think we all believed or wanted to believe that we had more time of peace and tranquil days ahead. Our future looked grim with Jane and Giovanni standing before us. It seemed like we were destined for a life of servitude. I looked to Edward who was now in my same thought. Leah’s wedding was in less then five hours and the Romanians come to pay us a visit now. I wanted to panic as I threw my shield around us. I knew it would be of no use to try to attack them because Giovanni’s shield was as equally strong.
“Hello Bella, Edward, and Jake! How are you on this glorious day?” Giovanni asked us all. Glorious? What could be glorious if they were here standing in our front doorway?
“Giovanni, may I ask why you have come today?” Edward asked very firmly.
“Well, we were told there was a wedding and Antanasia thinks maybe our invitation was lost! We do not understand why we were not invited along with your other friends! Do you all not think of us as friends?” Giovanni asked us.
“We think of you as friends, but there will be humans at this wedding and we did not want to taunt you or the guard!” Edward stated very cautiously.
“Well, Edward to be quite clear, your presence is requested in Romania!” Giovanni announced. Just then Antanasia walked in with Felix, Alec, and Demetri.
“We will be attending the wedding! There is much to discuss after!” Antanasia instructed us. I turned to Edward with agony on my face. Did they plan this? They knew we would all be in one place. They knew we would not make a scene in front of humans. That would be certain death. This has been planned since the day they left, but how did they know when the wedding was?

Jacob’s POV

Of all the days these leeches decide to show up. It has to be on Leah’s wedding day. Leah was going to lose it if she found out they were here. By look on Bella and Edward’s faces they were a little unglued too. I didn’t know if I should call for Seth, Leah, Quil, or Embry. None of them were in wolf form right now, not even Sam. I would have to call using an Alpha howl. Edward shook his head no at me. ‘What do you mean NO?’
“Just wait Jake! Let me see if I can control the situation!” Edward said muffled. Just then Alice, Jasper, Carlisle, and Esme came through the doorway. The looks on their faces were not ones of joy and happiness.
“Ahh, Carlisle! We were just telling Bella and Edward that we heard about the wedding! Our invitation must have been lost, so we did not want to be rude and not make an appearance for such a joyous event!” Antanasia said condescendingly. Creepy creepers gave me chills!
“Actually, Antanasia there will be humans there and we didn’t want to be inconsiderate and put you all through unnecessary pain.” Carlisle thoughtful answered.
“But you would be so inconsiderate of your other vampire friends? Come now Carlisle, we can control ourselves!” Antanasia pushed. “ We have other issues to discuss Carlisle. There is an issue that has come to our attention. We require your talented family’s abilities as per our bargain!” She said calmly.
“We remember our promise Antanasia! It was not that long ago that it was made! May I ask why you chose today to come?” Carlisle sounded very disturbed.
“Well, we figured that this would be perfect timing since all the witnesses would be here also!” Antanasia replied smugly. I just wanted to rip that look off her old crusty face. I was starting to believe that the Volturi were easier to deal with then the Romanians. I looked to Edward.
‘Now do you think we need backup?’ He shook his head no. ‘They can’t come to Leah’s wedding! If you don’t want her to freak out, they can’t come!’
“I think it would be better that you stay here! After all we don’t want to upset the bride!” Edward calmly told Antanasia.
“You think our presence will upset the bride?” Antanasia said furiously.
“I think that the pretense you are here under will upset her and we wouldn’t want that on her wedding day!” Edward very cautiously continued.
“Very well, we will wait here! After the event is over everyone will come back here!” Antanasia ordered.
“Better yet, we will come and bring you back to the main house!” Alice replied.
“May I ask why you came to the cottage and not the main house?” Carlisle asked the question we all wanted an answer to.
“There might have been humans and we did not just want to simply show up!” Antanasia laughed in amusement. This was planned from the day that they left. Two questions were left unanswered though. One, how did they know where the cottage was? Two, how did they know when Leah would be getting married? I then wondered when we would break the news to Leah, Jaiden, and everyone else. This had to be a happy day for Leah.
‘I need to go phase back before someone, like Seth, tries to find out where I am.’
“Go upstairs and go phase back Jake!” Edward told me. I ran upstairs and phased back to my human form and ran downstairs quickly.
“What did I miss?” I asked Bella
“Jake, you were gone all of three to four seconds! Not much!” She sarcastically replied.
“We are going back to finish getting ready for the wedding. I ask that you do not hunt in this area once again!” Carlisle stressed. I was glad he did that’s all we needed to worry about.
“Yes, we will stay indoors! You come back to get us as soon as your guests have left!” Antanasia instructed once more.
“Yes, one of us will come back as soon as they have left!” Edward assured her.
“Tell Leah and Jaiden that I send my congratulations, since we could not make it!” Antanasia said jokingly. My mouth turned into a grimace. Edward touched my hand to stop the words from flying out of my mouth. He may have been able to stop me from saying them, but he couldn’t stop me from thinking them! ‘Old Hag!’ Edward smirked when he heard it.

Views: 102

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in love with this story!!!! I can't get enough of this. Please KEEP it coming. I can't wait for the next chapter!!!!
Xanthos’ POV

I didn’t know what to make of this new-found alliance. Had I really just agreed to betray Antanasia?
"Don’t think of it as betrayal!” Edward commented. I looked at him with surprise because I had heard of his ability; it was shocking to have someone answer your private thoughts. I heard his laughter rise up as we headed down the hallway.
“That’s what everyone says.”He continued to laugh.
“Yes, but it is shocking at first. “ I answered.
“Wait, it gets annoying too.” Emmett answered. Well I could definitely see his point on that. We made it to Edward’s room. Inside more of the Cullens sat around talking in hushed tones.
“Carlisle, Esme, Bella, Alice,Jasper, and Rosalie, this is Xanthos. He is ….” Edward was introducing me.
“He is my mate.” Tanya said enthusiastically. I held her hand to my lips and kissed it. The female vampire named Alice skipped over to us and hugged both of us.
“See I told you it would happen, Tanya.”
“I know. Thank you.” Tanya gently kissed my lips. I still was sore from Jane’s attack. I may be a healer, but it took all the energy I had to heal Tanya before myself. Healing is a difficult job, even for a vampire. It physically exhausted you. I needed to hunt and by the look of the Cullens and Tanya, they did not do the hunting I usually did.
“Wait, Bella needs to hunt as well.” Edward said startling me.
“I am not hunting animals.”
“No, Bella must feed on human blood.” Edward informed me.
“But I thought….”
”You thought that we all hunt animals?” Carlisle asked. I could tell he was uncomfortable with the idea of hunting humans.
“Yes.”
“Well Bella has different circumstances.” Carlisle answered looking at Edward and then at Bella. Bella seemed to fidget, not very vampire-like at all. She even seemed uncomfortable with the thought of hunting humans. I study her and noticed that her eyes were a shade off from the other Cullens.
“Xanthos, what can you tell us of Pure Bloods?” Edward’s aksed. I wondered if I should tell him all that I know.
“Pure Bloods?”
“Yes, Pure Bloods.”
“Well all of the Romanians are Pure Bloods, but they have not been able to reproduce since the death of Daciana. Antanasia lost her ability to reproduce first. The Romanian sons can always reproduce; they never lose their ability to reproduce. Rodika lost her ability to reproduce once she had her daughter, but she took her daughter with her and we never saw either of them again.”
“Rodika has a daughter?” Edward said with confusion.
“Yes, her name is Aria. Rodika had a disagreement with Xavier and left the castle. We stopped getting updates on her well-being long ago. Antanasia took the throne and she hunted for Rodika, but the pretenses on which she hunted for her are not the pretenses she proclaims.”
“What pretenses?” Jasper asked looking horrified.
“Antanasia wanted Rodika dead. And she also wanted Aria dead. So they could never threaten her hold on the throne. After she killed Daciana, she hunted Rodika, but everything I know, she has never found her. She is only using Giovanni for his abilities. Plus, she still searches for a child. The child is supposed to be great and powerful. She could raise Constatin from the dead.” I could tell that everything I told them caused confusion and worry. I also feared Antanasia. For that reason I have never betrayed her; until now.
love it!! hope bella is ok
Thanks for the update!! I'm still trying to imagine Bella feeding on a human . . . wonder how that is going to work! can't wait for more!
I will be writing more later tonight. I will post it on my site as well as here. Thanks for all the great feedback!!!
Chapter 9-And so it Begins
Tension seeped through the castle that next morning. On one side of the throne room stood Antanasia, the Romanian guard, and the Volturi guard. On the other side stood the Cullens and all their friends. Tanya stared into Xanthos' eyes. Her thoughts could be heard by Edward. Bella’s shield hid all their secrets, including her own. Her contacts sat uncomfortable in place on her eyes. Antanasia looked at Giovanni uncomfortly squirming. Pleasure spread across her face knowing why he squirmed.
“Ahh…friends, we are gathered here to start training. I am certain the battle we face is a grave one. We must be strong and at our best. These creatures must not be underestimated nor their creator. It takes a strong vampire to control these creatures.” Antanasia addressed everyone present. The Cullens and the rest of their vampire covens did not break their stares. Not even to look at Antanasia when she spoke. Jane became increasing agitated as Emmett smirked at her. He made kissing motions on the back of his hand to taunt her. If she would have been a steam whitsle, smoke would be coming from her ears at this point.
‘That moron is going to get his’ she thought to herself. Giovanni now gazed over to Emmett. Emmett just stopped and grinned even wider.
‘This is too easy.’ He thought. Rosalie on-the-other-hand was still fuming over Emmett’s little trip with Edward to see Valerica.
‘I will claw her eyes out if she ever looks in his general direction again.’ Rose thought. Edward stood trying to gather everyone’s thoughts on his side. Of course, Giovanni shielded their side. He wasn’t sure if he would gain Giovanni’s alliance after last night, but he would have Bella try. He reached for Bella’s hand. Her skin felt smooth under his. Renesmee stayed on Bella’s back. Jacob was in wolf form and his thoughts were screaming.
‘I DON’TTRUST ANY OF THEM!’ Edward reached with his other hand and patted his head.
“I know.”Edward whispered
“So do you have a plan to prepare for battle?” Carlisle asked.
“Yes, Giovanni will teach Bella how to strengthen her shield. The rest of us will train with Jasper. To my understanding you have vast knowledge in battle.” Antanasia said nodding to Jasper. She didn’t care if everyone died in thebattle, as long as Constatin and she sat on the throne again.
“Yes, but not against these creatures. I have never seen anything like these creatures.”Jasper replied. He seemed unsure of himself. Alice gripped his hand in reassurance.
“What can you tell us of these creatures?” Benjamin asked. There was a hesitation in the room and the tension got thicker. Antanasia's annoyance of the question played around the corners of her lips. She was easily perturbed by the question. This was evident to Edward especially.
“All I know is that my father used these creatures long ago and put them to rest. I know nothing else.” Her voice sounded menancing.
“She’s lying.” Maggie whispered to Edward. Edward already knew that this whole battle was based on lies, but now he had to rely on his friends, alliances, memories, and instincts to get everyone through this ordeal. His biggest fear was perched on Bella’s back, Renesmee and her fate in all this.
Giovanni’s POV

“Don’t trust her!” Jane pleaded. Her desperation was evident on her face. For the first time, Giovanni had seen the fear behind her words.

“I must work with them or they will surely turn our secrets over to Antanasia. Is that what you want?” Giovanni’s words sounded as equally desperate. He wanted to reach out to her, but with everyone around he couldn’t.

“Besides, I promised alliance to Edward on the plane. He promised me our secret was safe, but after last night….I don’t know!” Giovanni looked into Jane’s horrified eyes, the fear only intensified, but behind that was anger.

“You did what?” Her voice slightly cracked. Giovanni trusted Bella. He trusted her more than he trusted Jane or Antanasia. He felt this connection with Bella since he first laid eyes on her. He could never let it be known that he felt this.

“I had too. Listen to me; I will do everything possible to protect us.”

“Giovanni,what are you and Jane whispering about?” Antanasia’s voice broke through their conversation.

“Nothing love. I was just telling her how important it was to train.” Giovanni smiled ashe walked away from Jane towards Antanasia’s side. He didn’t dare to look back, knowing if he had it would be clear that he wasn’t just talking to Jane.

“Well take Bella and teach her how to make that amazing shield of hers even more amazing.” Antanasia ordered in a polite tone. He couldn’t stand her condescending tone.He knew she plotted to kill them all right after the battle. He would never stand for Bella to be hurt in any way. He cared for her more than he cared for anyone. In fact, Giovanni was in love with Bella, but he knew it could never be. So instead he settled for Jane.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service