The Twilight Saga

Welcome to GMPG Term 3! 

A loose syllabus for this term: (Keep in mind this is subject to change if I think we then need to work on some other techniques before moving on, or if you'd like to work on something) 

• Lesson One: Simple cutting
    • Select, Cut & Paste
    • Layer masks
    • Color to Alpha
  • Lesson Two: Using more than one image 
    • Blending. 
  • Lesson Three: Downloading fonts and brushes
    • Sites: 
    • DeviantArt
    • Lost-Type Co-Op
  • Lesson Four: Editing an image
    • Colors
      • Curves
      • Color balance
      • When all else fails, Desaturate!
  • Lesson Five: Pop-outs
  • Lesson Six: Using other programs to make graphics (Polyvore, etc.) 

I'll display your graphics here! 

I'll post tips and tricks not part of an official lesson here. 

1. Don't be afraid to ask questions! You may think it's the stupidest question in the world, but unless you ask, you can never learn better! 
  2. When using Select for cutting, make sure your antialiasing and feather edges are on. 
  3. Always save images with multiple layers as both .xcf and .png files. The .xcf will allow you go back and edit later without having to redo your entire graphic. 

Views: 431

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

thanks!!!

Use this image, and show me when you're done. 

Ignore the fact that the layers dialog boxes all have a different picture. I originally use that one, but there was too much adjusting to be done. 

how is this?

Good, but it looks liek you went a little over on some of the edges. Just be aware of that next time. 

Okay and thanks and love this pic!!

Can I join? Lol I know you've already started, but i'll catch up on everything! :3

Sure, we've only done two lessons. You can go ahead and do what Tikki's been doing, and register her, Zanica said she won't be online much, but you can still get started. http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/twilightgraphicsbannersandtutorial...

Just for some extra practice while Becca catches up, Tikki, please cut these two images using select and these two using layer mask. 

If either of the layer mask images aren't working correctly, don't worry too much, I just want you to practice the technique. 

Select: 

Layer Mask

Becca? Tikki? Please check in so I know we're on the same page. 

Sorry for the longest time my GIMP wouldn't load! Anywyas, I finally got it to load and was able to do the first assignment:

Good job, I'll just tell you what I told Tikki, make sure antialiasing and feather edges are on.   And just try to get a little closer in a few spots, especially on the TARDIS (which is the blue thing, if you don't know.) 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service