The Twilight Saga

Do you think that Jacob was drawn to Bella because of Renesmee?

I believe so.Looking at it from a infautuation angle I think that he was just was in love with the egg inside of Bella but thought it was Bella who he loved?
We also don't know how strong imprinting really is so. I'm thinking in eclipse when bella had a vision could it have been Renesmee doing that she does have the power to show or picture what she thinks and wants.I wonder if the Renesmee was actually Jacob's Bella?

But this is my belief or opinion so ill respect what you say but probably will not agree with it.

Tags: Jacob, Jake, Meyer, Nessie, Rensmee, Stephanie, Wolf

Views: 862

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not want what belongs to others. It does not brag. It is not proud. It is not rude. It does not look out for its own interests. It does not easily become angry. It does not keep track of other people’s wrongs.

Love is not happy with evil. But it is full of joy when truth is spoken. It always protects. It always trusts. It always hopes. It never gives up.
Love never fails.

It is not proud

My definition of this is that love is not puffed up.  It does not cherish inflated ideas of its own importance.  It is not self-centered.  It has the ability to change and accept change.  It is flexible.  It does not allow or expect life to revolve around itself.

As seen in this story, Jacob is anti vampire up to the birth of Nessie. Jacob had to find true love before he could accept love as it was formed for all others.  Bella displayed the ability to love everyone.  She did not choose vampire or wolf as she put it...she was Switzerland.  Edward did not like the wolves but while he did not like them, within the story we see in every book how much more he was willing to endure them.  In twilight, Edward learned Bella had gotten Jacob to break the treaty and while he could have gone after him/the tribe for this?  He did not.  Billy showed up ready to tell Charlie (again breaking the treaty) and again Edward showed restraint in harming him/them for wanting to hurt his chance for love.  

In new moon, when Edward sees that Jacob is intentionally trying to come between he and Bella by telling Charlie about the bikes, he does not reciprocate in kind but instead shows immense charity as he thanks him for what he and his pack did for the one he loved.  THAT mattered more to him than however Jacob felt toward him.  Jacob's responses were of mockery and insults.  He was very childish to intentionally get her in trouble because she chose to be with Edward!

In eclipse, we see Edward take a stance against her visiting wolves and as the story continues, we see that change based on his desire not to allow it to come between them.  We also know Edward knows every thought in Jacob's head. I do wonder how many readers pay attention to that.  We all have several thoughts all at once trying to take our focus at first position in our minds and Edward would know each of these thoughts!  For him, none of them are hidden without major efforts.  So when Jacob is wanting to tell Bella he is in love with her, Edward knows that thought and we this being suggested when Edward takes Bella to the border line and he reads Jacob's mind. She wants Edward to tell her Jacob's thoughts but he does not!  Instead, Edward tells her Jacob will tell her.  Here he knows what is coming and does not try to prevent her from being with Jacob.  He accepts her right to learn and decide for herself.   As for Jacob's part?  He is telling her he loves her and wants her to pick him.  He says he already knows she does not love him in the same way.  It is mind boggling for me that readers can read Jacob saying he knows she loves Edward and she does not love him in that way but he wants her to pick him!  If you know the love for you is not at that level then you know it is either greater or less than and Jake DOES KNOW which it is from Bella for him.   So he wants Bella to choose the person she love...less.  It also shows he already knows she does not love him as much as she does Edward.  To my mind, if you know a person is in love with someone who loves them back and you know that the love the person has for you is NOT the level of love they have for the other person?   And this is something you know and have admitted?  To pursue her is all and only about your EGO!  Jacob's pride which is not a sign of love!

As much as he wanted to fight the newborns with his family, Bella's need for him was his priority.  Jacob was too full of himself to ever agree to make Bella his priority in the same way.  There are several more examples but these should be enough to show Edward did not see himself as more  important than the one he loved and Jacob only saw Jacob and how to get Jacob's needs met.  Even when Nessie is born...he accepts Bella and Edward because he no longer has a need/desire for her.  As he says...they both have someone to love.  It should not have required his finding love for him to accept hers, but it did.  Nessie should have been his reward for his will to accept that Bella made a choice for who she loved completely.  His inability to do so until Nessie is born shows how the world revolves around Jacob in how Meyer wrote this character.  That is that until he finds happiness...there is no happiness for those around him.

Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not want what belongs to others. It does not brag. It is not proud. It is not rude. It does not look out for its own interests. It does not easily become angry. It does not keep track of other people’s wrongs.

Love is not happy with evil. But it is full of joy when truth is spoken. It always protects. It always trusts. It always hopes. It never gives up.
Love never fails.

Love is not rude

My definition for not showing rudeness is to show good manners.  It respects others, has discretion and knows what is proper and when.

this one I will do in reverse because from what I did to all others thus far to keep from having to prevent carpal tunnel.  I can name a few times all the main trio were rude but who was rude to everyone he met?Jacob.  I can not think of a single character he meets that he does not show rudeness or worse toward all for the entire saga!!!  This disappointingly was so pronounced that it read as a character trait!!  

Love never fails.

It does not look out for its own interests.  

My definition of this is that there is no pursuit of selfish advantages.  For example, sex, social status, is not the focal point but concern for what are the needs of the one you love and each of your families.

Here is an example for each of the main three characters for each book:

Bella is constantly trying to protect everyone.

Edward refuses to change her no matter how she begs, who and how he is threatened (Volturi) and how he is accused (Jacob).

Jacob  I have no idea when he is not looking out for his own interest.  

Love never fails.

It does not easily become angry.

My definition is that love is not quick-tempered.  It does not get its feeling hurt easily.  It does not take things too personally.  Love can object to a view without objecting to the person giving the view.  Once someone is forgiven...the issue is considered in the past and not intentionally revisited.  Love does not dwell on wrongs but focuses on good and if possible will do all it can to assure reminders of wrongs are no longer around.

Bella is not angered easily.

Edward is not angered easily.

Jacob angers quickly.  I want to add that it is not about being a wolf as Sam is not angry when with Emily nor are any of the other windows of love moments we have with the wolfpack and those they love.  However, Jacob is angry and malicious toward Bella to include wanting her dead at one point.  So his love does not meet even the story lines comparison for wolves let alone Edwards for Bella.  

Love never fails.

It does not keep track of other people's wrongs.

My definition of this is that whatever you did wrong before is over.  We do not dwell in it or give reminders without genuine  purpose.

The closest Bella comes to this one is when she asked Edward not to fight and she explains why.

I do not recall Edward or Jacob doing this to Bella.

Love never fails.

Love is not happy with evil.  

My definition of this is that you do not smirk over malice.  Love does not compare self with others for self-justification.  Even if someone makes a mistake, it does not serve as an excuse to excuse personal weakness.  Doesn't say, "Everyone is doing it'  or "Well, you allowed it with others."

Bella:

I do not recall her showing support for evil.

People — well, vampires and werewolves really, but still — people I loved were going to get hurt. Hurt
because of me. Again. I wished my bad luck would focus a little more carefully. I felt like yelling up at the
empty sky:  It’s me you want — over here! Just me!

Edward:

Jacob chuckled quietly. “Would you try to kill me?” Sarcastic again, as if doubting Edward’s ability to
do it.
“No.”
“Why not?” Jacob’s tone was still jeering.
“Do you really think I would hurt her that way?”

Jacob is guilty of this every time he says something negative about any Cullen or compares himself to others.  

Love never fails.

But it is full of joy when truth is spoken.

My definition of this is that there is pleasure when the truth wins out.  You and the one you love choose to practice following these very teachings!   It is understood between you that God standards are the best standards and to follow what he has written for us is the best way to maintain unison in what you believe and how you should behave toward one another.  you are accountable to one another for implementing and maintaining these instructions.    

Bella and Edward

"Shh," I interrupted him. "Hold on a second. I think I'm having an epiphany here."

I thought of that night in Port Angeles when I'd had my first delusion. I'd come up with
two options. Insanity or wish fulfillment. I'd seen no third option.
But what if…
What if you sincerely believed something was true, but you were dead wrong? What if you were so stubbornly sure that you were right, that you wouldn't even consider the truth? Would the truth be silenced, or would it try to break through?
Option three: Edward loved me. The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine.
Was that what I'd been trying to tell myself?
"Oh!"
"Bella?"
"Oh. Okay. I see."
"Your epiphany?" he asked, his voice uneven and strained.
"You love me," I marveled. The sense of conviction and tightness washed through me again.  Though his eyes were still anxious, the crooked smile I loved best flashed across his face.
"Truly, I do."
My heart inflated like it was going to crack right through my ribs. It filled my chest and blocked my throat so that I could not speak.  He really did want me the way I wanted him—forever. It was only fear for my soul, for the human things he didn't want to take from me, that made him so desperate to leave me mortal. Compared to the fear that he didn't want me, this hurdle—my soul—seemed almost insignificant.

The bold represents how learning of his love made Bella feel.

I know of no moment of this for Bella and Jacob.  Their declaration moment brought pain and tears.  

Love never fails.

It always protects.
My definition of this is that it has no limits to patience/self-control/tolerance/moderation/leniency/mercy.  It has the ability to live with the inconsistencies of others.  Has empathy for the problem of others.
We know that Bella is constantly in need of physical protection and this is given by both Edward and Jacob.  We know that Bella does her best to physically protect both Edward and Jacob too.  However when we look at the descriptions, we can see a different level of protections being fulfilled.
Bella and Edward show Jacob all the aforementioned attributes (patience/self-control/tolerance/moderation/leniency/mercy)  While Jacob does not.

Love never fails.

It always trusts.

My definition of this is that there is no end to trusting.  It believes in the person and the person's worth without question.  it has no reason to doubt the person's integrity.

Bella shows us this in action when she says to Jacob about Edward:

“So what’s the story, anyway?” Jacob asked me, kicking a piece of driftwood out of his way with too
much force. It sailed over the sand and then clattered against the rocks. “I mean, since the last time we . .
. well, before, you know . . .” He struggled for the words. He took a deep breath and tried again. “What
I’m asking is . . . everything is just back to the way it was beforehe left? You forgave him for all of that?”
I took a deep breath. “There was nothing to forgive.”

Edward shows us this in action when he says to Bella:

I waited. When he finally spoke again, he was whispering. “Ican be noble, Bella. I’m not going to make you choose between us. Just be happy, and you can have whatever part of me you want, or none at all, if that’s better. Don’t let any debt you feel you owe me influence your decision.”

I do not recall a moment like this for Jacob.

Love never fails.

It always hopes. 

My definition of this is that the hope it has does not fade.  It's not fickle .  It has perfect peace and confidence that God is primarily responsible for introducing the right partner at the right time.

We see this in Bella when she says:

The march was too slow as I struggled to pace my steps to its rhythm.  Mercifully, the aisle was very short. And then, at last, at last, I was there.  Edward held out his hand. Charlie took my hand and, in a symbol as old as the world, placed it in Edward’s. I touched the cool miracle of his skin, and I was home.

We see this in Edward when he says:

You are my life now.

We see this in Jacob when he says:

“I am sorry about it hurting you. I didn’t know it was like that. Bella, things are different with us now, but you’ll always be my best friend, and I’ll always love you. But I’ll love you the right way now. There’s finally a balance. We both have people we can’t live without.”

Love never fails.

It never gives up.

My definition of this is that there is unending endurance.  It is able to outlast anything.  It is able to endure all obstacles and even love in the face of unreturned love.

Bella shows it in this series:

“No, it is one of mine, actually, but I’m surprised it’s on your list. Weren't you under the ludicrous
impression I was just acting from a guilty conscience, and I was going to bolt as soon as the plane doors
opened?”
“Yes.” I smiled. “But, still, you were there.”

Edward shows it in this series when he says:

“I can be noble, Bella. I’m not going to make you choose between us. Just be happy, and you can have whatever part of me you want, or none at all, if that’s better. Don’t let any debt you feel you owe me influence your decision.”

I do not recall Jacob showing this.

How is Edward's statement different than Jacob's statement? 

"I'm not going to cut you in half anymore, Bella."  

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service