The Twilight Saga

Top Banner By Shellym! Love IT!

This is the story of Leah Clearwater, right from her first meeting with Sam Uley, her transformation and so on. I hope you enjoy it. Mostly everything will be in Leah's POV

Chapter 1: Meeting

It was the first day of my freshman year. I was actually excited. My hair was naturally straight, though I curled it today. I tried to get rid of my tomboyish reputation. As for my brother, Seth Clearwater, he was starting middle school.

I caught a second glance at my reflection. I smiled at my product. Today I actually felt like a girl! It was an odd feeling. What would my friends think?

As I climbed on the bus, I saw Sam Uley looking at me. Blushing, I sat down next to Ana. She was my best friend.

"Hey Ana!" I grinned at her.

"Whoa what happened to Leah?" She teased. Ana was a total girl! Perfectly dolled up. Her light brown eyes framed with long lashes was a gift.

"Gone!" I sighed. "I kinda want to get noticed in high school."

"Do you have a fever?" Ana asked in mock worry. She put a small hand to my forehead. "When do you want attention?"

"Quit it Ana!" I squealed. I flipped my hair and looked straight. Sam was looking at me with wonder in his eyes. He was good looking. The black locks that hung below his shoulders managed to shine in the barely visible sunlight.

I looked away, embarrassed.

"Sam Uley is staring at you!" Ana squeaked.

"I know!" I giggled. Wow, I had changed.

"Are you going to go out with him?" She asked excitedly.

"Ana, he's a junior." I whispered in her ear.

"You've always had a thing for older guys!"

"Shut up!" I lightly smacked her arm.

We laughed together.

"So what’s your first class?" I asked.

"Algebra!" Ana groaned.

"Mine too!"

"At least we could make it fun." She frowned. Math wasn't Ana's best subject.

Algebra was a puke enducing class. Everything was so confusing! My day wasn't going off to a good start. Our teacher, Mr. Duval, was a wrinkled old man who looked like he had hours left in life. His voice reminded me of a warden.

I had physical science next. GROAN! I never liked this subject. I really didn't care about molecules.

Hearing the bell ring for lunch I practically jumped out of my seat. I waited for Ana at my locker. I noticed a lot of guys were giving me looks. Not like ‘Oh she’s pretty looks’ the look that says ‘dang she’s hot’.

I kind of liked it.

“Hey hot stuff.” I heard Ana’s voice from behind me. “Aren’t we like the coolest freshman or what?”

“I’m hungry.” I avoided her question.

“So has Sam talked to you yet?” Ana insisted.

“No.” I said disappointedly.

“GAH!” She threw her arms up.

“I know right?” Suddenly I felt like a normal teenage girl.

“What classes do you have next?”

“Uhmm, Spanish and Woodshop.” I grinned.

“I thought you were going to be a girl.”

“Yeah, but I gotta embrace my true self.” I rolled my eyes.

Lunch was an interesting time. Ana and I got some stares, while she embraced it. I hid. I wasn’t so used to the whole girl thing.

I actually regretted taking Spanish. Mr. Rivera informed us we would have a presentation due in a couple of weeks. Gosh, this was stressing. It was the first day of school and we already have tons of homework piled up.

“Adios, Senor Rivera.” Ana said without an accent.

“Adios Ana.” He called back. “Las dos tengan un buen dia.”

“Gracias?” I said in confusion.

“Very good Miss Clearwater.” Mr. Rivera approved.

As soon as we walked out of the classroom I glared at Ana.

“What?” Her eyes widened.

“I officially hate that class.”

“Oh, Leah.” She rolled her eyes at me. “Its pretty easy if you pay attention. You were too busy giving googly eyes to that sophomore.”

“No I wasn’t!” I defended myself. Though he was pretty cute.

“Yes you were!”

“Nah-uh!”

“Yeah!”

“Okay!” I laughed. “If we keep going we’ll never stop. I gotta get to class. Honestly, I don’t know where it is.”

“Good luck not getting asked out!” She giggled.

“I hate you!” I chuckled anyways.

From the map that I held, woodshop was all the way across the school. I grew impatient. There was no way I was going to arrive early. The class was probably filled with guys and I didn’t want to get stared at anymore. The tapping of my sandals on the linoleum floor made me feel nervous. I was probably super late.

The faint smell of wood made me figure out I was in the right classroom. It was noisy in there! Like my guess, I was the only girl in here.

Obviously.

“Hey cupcake.” A tall senior with amazing green eyes said. “Are you in the wrong class? I can help you fin it…”

Ugh.

“No, I’m in the right class.” I smiled.

“You don’t seem like the kinda girl who would like this stuff.” He responded cockily. “By the way, my name is Jeremy.”

“Please.” I laughed. “I bet all you can do its build a birdhouse.”

“You know what else I could build?” He leaned closer to me.

That’s when I got a little uncomfortable.

“Okay kids!” The teacher called. He was a short man. Who had obvious hair loss problems. I flipped my unnatural curls from my face. “I know we want to begin to have fun, but I need to do some paperwork first.”

The class groaned in unison, including me.

“Well we got our first lady!” The teacher said. “Welcome, I’m Mr. Howards.”

“Hello.” I felt my face get hot.

“Since my last woodshop class was too uncoordinated to work with their choice of partners. I am going to assign lab and work partners!”

“What?!?!” A chorus of boys shouted.

“Exactly my point.” Mr. Howards laughed.
I felt kind of grateful with assigned partners. The thought of me choosing a partner made me shudder. Though I probably wouldn’t have a problem. I saw Jeremy the senior looking at me with excitement.

“Jeremy you’re with Brandon.”

Whew, I wasn’t sure how I would handle myself with Jeremy around. Dozing off, I thought about how my day was going. It was okay in my opinion. At least it wasn’t horrible. For once in my life, I felt confident in myself.

“Leah your partner will be Sam Uley.” Mr. Howards didn’t look up from his clipboard.

I felt my heartbeat quicken. Sam was in this class? And he was my woodshop partner?!?!

So much for looking like a girl.

I sat down in the black topped tables on the other side of the classroom. Avoiding Sam’s curious eyes. We were supposed to make an “Agreement Contract.” About how we will be safe and we will work together as a team not individually.

“Read it over.” Mr. Howards instructed. “And Miss Leah.” He looked over at me.

“I suggest you bring a band to hold up your hair.” He advised. “For safety.”

Great. If I never decided to be a girl, I wouldn’t be having this problem. I wouldn’t be acting shy to Sam Uley.

“Hey, umm, your Harry’s girl.” Sam asked. “Leah?”

“Yes I am.” My voice sounded braver than I actually was.

“I’m Sam.” He grinned a perfect white-toothed grin. “If you haven’t already figured it out.”

“I know.” I smiled shyly back at him.

“You’ve changed.” Sam frowned. “A lot.”

“Is that a bad thing?” I whispered mostly to myself.

“I don’t think so.” His laugh was mesmerizing. It was smooth and deep. “You’re too self-conscious, Leah. Be yourself.”

I nodded helplessly. He chuckled again.

“Sign the almighty contract?” Sam asked playfully.

“Of course.” I mumbled.

My signature looked sloppy next to his delicate letters; Sam Uley and Leah Clearwater.

“Done?” Mr. Howards walked by our table.

“You couldn’t have picked a better partnership, Mr. Howards.” Sam mused.

“I’m glad.” He admitted. “These kids get out of control! I expect the best out of you two.”
“You won’t have to worry.” Sam assured.

His voice! How easily could you believe the words that came out of his mouth. Sam was a good looking guy. I loved the way his big eyes seemed to look deep inside your soul.

“Leah, what are you looking at?” Sam teased.

“Nothing!” I looked away.

He chuckled. I had to smile to myself. Sam’s charm was unavoidable.

“Do you mind if I sit next to you on the bus today?” Sam asked, smirking.

“No problem.” I uttered.

“I’ll follow you after class.” He bit down on his full lip. “Looks like you don’t like all the attention you’re getting. I’ll gladly protect you from unwanted admirers.”

“Oh please!” I raised my eyebrows. “This is my first day in high school.”

“But it’s true.” He replied. “The whole male junior class is talking about you. And that girl you always hang out with… Hannah?”

“Ana.” I corrected.

“Yes, bust mostly about you.”

“Quit it!” I nagged.

“What?”

“I’m so not used to this!” I groaned, hiding my face in my hands.

“There’s nothing wrong with you.” Sam patted my shoulder. Good thing my smile was hidden. “You don’t see yourself correctly.”

“And you do?” I questioned.

That’s when Mr. Howards called the class’ attention. He was talking about some upcoming project. Since we were in Woodshop 1, we were only learning the basics. I couldn’t help but think about the sudden closeness I felt towards Sam. Usually, I was very picky choosing my friends. But with him it was different, it was too easy. The sound of the shrill bell made me jump. I heard Sam trying to hide his laugh with a cough.

“Sorry.” He apologized.

“I forgive you.”

“Do you need to go to your locker?” Sam asked.

“No, I have everything I need.”

“Okay then.”

He followed me to the bus line, I wasn’t exactly sure which one it was. Sam smiled and took my wrist. He practically dragged me all the way there.

“Freshman!” He scoffed.
“Juniors.” I grumbled in disgust. We laughed together. I liked the way our relationship was so easy, like we’d known each other for years.

“Leah?” Sam shifted uncomfortably. “I hope I’m not asking too soon but.”

“Yeah?” I felt nervousness tickle my stomach.

“Do you umm,” He hesitated. “Want to hang out?”

“Sure!” I answered too quickly.

He smiled in my direction. I saw Ana walk into the bus. Her eyes got all big and if she would have enough room, I would bet anything she would do her happy dance.

“So.” Sam added nonchalantly. “I need your number. You know so we could make plans?”

“Oh yeah.” I looked inside my black backpack and searched for a blank piece of paper. Scribbling my number down, I felt like blushing.

“Thank you Miss Leah Clearwater.” He announced.

“Enough with the Miss!”

“You don’t like it?” He teased. Enjoying the fact.

“Not really.” I grumbled.

“That’s amusing.”

I rolled my eyes silently.

The ride home was quiet, except the chit chat of the other riders. Occasionally, I would look over in Sam’s direction. I tried not to make it too obvious. When it was time for me to get off, I sighed. Even though we weren’t talking, I loved the presence of Sam Uley.

“Goodbye, Leah.” He called after me. “It was nice talking to you.”

I flushed. Of course, Ana was waiting for all the details. I told her nothing really happened. Because well, nothing really did happen. Except we were supposed to hang out. I was counting on his promise.

Views: 1404

Replies to This Discussion

ahh!
I love it!
please post more
(please)?
I was wondering since I made you a banner, could you please vote for me as BEST Banner Maker?

http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/group/fanfictionawards/forum/topics/...
Fantastic! awesome!! i reallly liked it!!
I will :]
That was amazing

they are perfect for eachother!

please write more very soon

xoxo : )
i love it!! write more soon
hey are you still writing this? I really love this story i hope you finish it!
please write some more of this!
please write more soon!
that was sooo gooooood post soon

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service