The Twilight Saga

every thing breaking dawn new's, pic's ect....................

I know eclipse have not even came out yet but As far as I am concerned I am pretty stoked about BD getting made I noticed someone put something like this for eclipse and I though well why not BD here I will put articles I get from bd here and You all may do so to or pic's that you have everything related to BD. for starter's here is a article about summit thinking about putting BD in 3-D.

Twilight Breaking Dawn

Views: 89923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Jess, Jesse and Leanne,too...(or anyone who would like to Join in on the conversation)....

Hi...girls....How is everyone?

I'm posting here to expand  on our discussion we were having a few days ago, due to all the pictures posted in between our replies...it potentially could have got lost amongst it all...

Well...

I'm continuing my Breaking Dawn Part 1 and 2 rants...about the inconsistencies with each consecutive movie/ director since Hardwicke's "indy/creative" Vision/adapation of Twilight  and the evolution/changes to the characters......specifically "Edward"...for me, have been unfavorable.

JESSE:

I know we favor Hardwicke's creative vision of Twilight and her physical adaptation of Edward....which her budget was indeed lean..and she allocated all her limited funds in creative camera work/directing ...not CGI/graphics. I believe her set was mostly real...with very little superimposed CGI  bandaids or computer graphic fillers. Twilight was made like an old fashioned film...relying heavily on the visual presence and  superior acting of the cast members, ''lighting/camera", music and using the ''real'' physical environment to set the emotional tone of the story...

I felt  Weiss's "New Moon" was a great follow up to Hardwicke's indy feel/mood of Twilight...and he did a great job of marrying CGI effects,  music/soundtrack, the physical settings and telling a story with emotional conviction. I actually love New Moon...I felt it was very underrated/misunderstood by fans and critics alike. Only thing that annoyed me in New Moon was "Edward."....He still resembled Twilight "Edward Cullen" except the makeup at the end...particularly the bedroom/marry me, Bella scenes.... was clownish or too garish. And...the wardrobe...I loved the suit/period look for the dream sequence/birthday...but it was over the top for the entire film. I loved the old world feel/warm hue to contrast Bella's cold/detached/depressed internal state. The warm hue also was a great way to introduce the Volturi and the old world feel of Italy...

I actually think if weiss/Hardwicke collaborated to make a Twilight film together....it would be amazing. they both are very creative, great story tellers and think "outside the box".....

simple things making a impact/difference..like Catherine's apple scene in the cafeteria and Weiss capturing Pattinson's "lip quiver" trying to give Bella a Birthday kiss(after jasper's attack/drive home)...Or...Bella spinning in a circle...watching time go by...in her depressed state.....after Edward's departure with effective music to reinforce the feeling/mood...amazing!!!

I enjoyed so many elements of their work and vision....and capturing the emotional tone of the characters and story line. I liked how Hardwicke introduced the "sparkly" vampire element in a creative way and Weiss used it very effectively as well! It's an important and unique element to Meyer's vampire concept....and should be highlighted within the film as a unique feature...not  "mocked" as insignificant/silly!

****LEANNE****** I agree about the "sparkly" element... it was missing in Condon's BD PART 1 and I really hope it will resurface in BD PART 2. I didn't see evidence of it in the trailers...so, Condon may have excluded it due to it's controversial nature or not given merit as "important" to the story. Some think it's a 'stupid' or juvenile aspect of Meyer's created vampire beings....and the GCI graphics  depicting it was laughable/distracting.

In my Opinion....I think it was the most innovative element of  Meyer's visionary, revolutionary vampires!!!! A VAMPIRE...a traditionally dark being...being luminous in sunlight..like a fallen angel?   Perfect/beautiful like diamonds? Possibly having a soul? BRILLIANT!!!!! IT Shouldn't be forgotten or overlooked....it's too cool...and it made me a fan...because it was so weird/new....it revolutionized the traditional vampire into a new concept...AMAZING!!!! Some don't embrace changing/modifying traditional characters/things....I do....and  I applaud the directors who appreciated meyer's ideas....and highlighted it in their films.

As for "Eclipse"....again...I like elements of it....but overall it was detached....missing something...that the latter two captured. Maybe it was too commercialized, or mainstream...and lost the "indy" feel...

yet, I really liked aspects of it...particularly....unlike you, Jesse...the proposal scene for me...was just amazing. I love the tone of it..."follows the book" closely....and I felt Pattinson's acting was superb....and complimented Stewart's chemistry....the leg hitch was a good detail from the book....and it captured Edward testing his physical limits with Bella and being "giddy" to ask her hand in marriage, in a traditional,  romantic way....

I loved the buttery/topaz cat eyes...hungry for sex...but suppressing/sacrificing his  physical desires/animal impulses for Bella's well-being.  The Tent scene/dialogue/acting was also good between Pattinson and Lautner...In my Opinion.

Now....

You know...I really do like Condon's Breaking Dawn.... and he did some the best "tricks" within the entire series...Particularly...Bella's dessicated GGI pregnancy/transformation, the birthing scene and Bella's vampire transformation/resurrection.

The honeymoon scenes were "good" and the bed breaking was a good visual....however...the actual leading up to the  physical act was rushed or lacking cohesive emotion/chemistry between them. I realize nothing was written in the book as concrete parameters to base it upon and also the obstacles of creating a "vampire on human sex scene" within PG 13 confines...THAT's  difficult to do...and Condon did fine....BUT...I WAS EXPECTING..."WOWZA"...mind-blowing....because we've been waiting four years to see this happen.

Hardwicke did one of the most amazing "kissing" scenes in cinema history...it was sexy, sultry, tasteful and all PG 13!!!! She changed the setting of the book...and made it better!!!! She used lighting and the power of ANTICIPATION/suspense...to deliver that vampire, sexy, blood-thirsty, 1st kiss... :)

I felt Bella's fire and "need' for EDWARD....it was amazing...and I wanted Condon to capture that same longing/need between Bella and Edward on their honeymoon...

Condon captured the 'fear', insecurity  and innocence of losing your virginity.....and being with a vampire, simultaneously....OUCH!!!!:(

I just wish he slowed it down a bit...and savored each scene...every emotion. Condon's palette was an endless possibility...he could have made it his own....like Hardwicke  had chosen to do/'risked'.....and it worked in her favor. Many will disagree with me on this...and I want to hear what you think....agree? disagree?

I heard there was a much different honeymoon scene that condon made...but it was rated "R"....maybe they will release a directors cut. but...Raunchy or more suggestive doesn't necessarily make it better....just less of the imagination is left for the viewer to experience.

"Remember me" had two great sex scenes...with powerful emotion....all with PG13 confines...

it showed just enough to make a impact and elicit a emotional experience/bond between the characters which is believable....without being overtly too sexual!!!!

I really believe Condon will do another great job with bd part 2....

I just hated EDWARD's hair/makeup/wardrobe(in some scenes..not..all)...and other casts members as well...(Carlisle, Rosalie, Esme)... in part 1., they were changed so much...they were almost unrecognizable (it distracted me...like who is that?..really?)

I hated the talking wolves/overall look...(cheesy)....no excuse with such a sizable budget/resources...SHAME on Condon!!!

I think Condon brought out the best in Kristen's acting/potential....but, didn't challenge Pattinson, enough!{in some scenes...yes....in others....not as much}...

Hardwicke challenged Pattinson without compromising his vision/style of method acting....Pattinson complied or he pushed back, if he disagreed with her. They had a give/take relationship...

I wonder what kristen and Rob felt about Hardwicke as a director? Probably...difficult due to Hardwicke being a true artist/perfectionistic...and also the limited budget/no frills "challenges". I bet they respect her though....since she believed in them and paved their way to successful career!!!

Condon seemed to have given Pattinson free reign...aside from lightening up Edward's character(which was good)...to convey Edward is evolving despite his fossilized 'condition' as a vampire. This change is revolutionary....a miracle so-to-speak...due to Bella's love....I GET THAT!!!! Just make the Change Favorable....even "better"...not inferior to the original Edward that Hardwicke crafted....

It's really hard to improve upon perfection...though...:)....

Don't fix what is not broke!!!!! tweak...modify....but don't drastically "change'...bad move!!!!

And "JESS"....I get Pattinson is naturally aging within this 5 year time frame....but, Condon made Pattinson/Edward look older/more mature with the cropped, short hair and darker tone. He induced/reinforced pattinson's aging...Why? Edward's twilight hair would have softened his looks, planes of his face....the short hair is a sharp/hard contrast...which would age any actor/actress. Some of the wardrobe choices...were not cool either...nautical blue stripes? Edward? HUH?

Jess..let me ask you this...

WOULD YOU HAVE THOUGHT EDWARD WAS AS GORGEOUS/MESMERIZING/COMPELLING/INTERESTING IF HE STARTED OUT LOOKING LIKE CONDON'S VISION OF EDWARD? REALLY?(be honest!)

Pattinson is interesting to watch in any context...for sure....but.... IN MY OPINION, HARDWICKE BROUGHT OUT THE BEST IN PATTINSON'S ACTING POTENTIAL AND LOOKS....

Please girls...

let me know what you think....

I really want to compare and contrast everyone's ideas and opinions.....

thanks....looking forward to it....

love,

Danette

HAND RAISED!  Can I join in? lol

This post brings up one of my favorite topics...Edward!  Edward is my favorite character.  But I have a bit of a different take on his progression through the series.  Twilight (movie) Edward is my fav but that's mostly because at that time his character is still very confident and mysterious and that makes for an incredibly sexy character, in both his look and his demeanor and Catherine did a great job presenting him or rather introducing him to the world in physical form.  But I really do agree with the arc that his character has over the course of the series.

"WOULD YOU HAVE THOUGHT EDWARD WAS AS GORGEOUS/MESMERIZING/COMPELLING/INTERESTING IF HE STARTED OUT LOOKING LIKE CONDON'S VISION OF EDWARD? REALLY?(be honest!)"

I would say NO but I would also say that's the point.  It is important for Edward to be all of those things in Twilight because that is how Bella sees him.  He's God-like in her estimation.  As their relationship matures, he is more than that.  In my opinion, he isn't just this sexy allusive vampire anymore, he's a grown man who has been to hell and back.  As for the hair, Rob cut his hair for Water for Elephants right before Breaking Dawn began shooting so naturally his locks were shorter.  But I do think that Condon went for an older look because you are dealing with a character that has greatly matured.  It is no longer about looking at this "teenage heart-throb."  It is about analyzing a man that is about to be a husband and a father and making that believable.  I don't know about you but Edward with bouffant, peacoat and baby doesn't really work when I try to imagine it, lol.  I think this change was always implied in the books as well regarding Edward's maturity and I think Condon sought to re-establish Bella and Edward as adults and I really appreciated that.  I also think that Rob's work at the end of Breaking Dawn when he's trying to save Bella is the best thing he's done in the saga from an acting standpoint.  I had goosebumps watching it.   I think Rob, Kristen and Taylor all stepped it up for BD1 and its my favorite movie thus far because of how emotionally connected I felt to it.  I still love Twilight (the first movie) as it had the perfect mood for me.  It completely drew me into the world and made me believe there was this mystical Forks where vampires silently lived with humans.  I love Catherine's indy vibe and because of her, I feel like Twilight is the most unique movie of the bunch.  For me, Chris Weitz made the most beautiful and classic movie in the series.  It really does have a very classic feel to it, almost like a symphony.  Eclipse is my favorite book and I would agree that the movie felt the most detached from the experience I had with the book.  I feel like the mood and tone of the movie is quite different from the mood I had while reading the book.  To me, the book felt like a sexy dramatic thriller and the movie was more of an action/adventure.  But from a technical standpoint, I felt Eclipse was the most sound and I really liked the flashback scenes as well as the proposal and the tent scenes.  The thing that lacked most for me was EMOTION!  Bella is supposed to be crying talking to Jacob in the end.  She's supposed to look remorseful after she kisses Jacob and I really miss the end of that scene from the book when she's asking Edward to fight for her!  For me, there was too much attention placed on Riley and the newborn army.  I actually liked in the book that you didn't know until the end who was after Bella...was it Victoria or the Volturi?  As a reader it made for great suspense, suspense which was missing from the film version.  But overall I really do like all of the movies and they all bring something special to the series in my opinion.

Top 5 Moments in the Series so Far:

5. The Wedding (Breaking Dawn Part 1): It was just so beautiful and when Edward and Bella started saying their vows to the tune of Flightless Bird, I was about to cry!

4. The Proposal (Eclipse): This was such a charming scene and sexy as well.  When Edward speaks about how he would have "courted" Bella, Rob brings such an old school gentlemanly style to the role and has such ingenuity; it is incredibly disarming and so re-affirming of a character who was made to be loved.

3. The Bella's Lullaby Montage (Twilight): Oh the trees!  This represents the moment I fell in love with the movie.  AND Rob playing the piano...nuff said!

2. The Prom Scene (Twilight): I feel like this is the moment that is kind of indicative of the whole series.  The young girl asking her vampire love to bite her and allow her to spend eternity with him...the longing, the impasse, the question, the choice.

1. The Transformation (Breaking Dawn Part 1): This scene literally took my breath away!  It was better than anything I could have imagined and had me in tears.  Watching Bella's corpse lay on the table after her ultimate sacrifice and watching her be "born-again" was so emotional for me.  I love how her body fills out and her hair grows out and her cheeks look so luminescent and you understand at last...This is what it was all about...a choice, a sacrifice, love, a beating heart, a new soul, a woman re-born.

Hi...my Dearest Lorece...and Pen,too...

I am so glad you joined the party..:) your participation was "implied" and always welcomed!:)

You mentioned some key points in your commentary that I addressed a few days back...

I don't know if you saw or not...but, i'll repost an excerpt of it, that you reiterated in your reply to me:

(by the way, Lorece..."Edward" is my favorite subject to talk about as well...and the the analytical/comprehensive comparison of all the movies/directors and  their artistic visions...)

My Post a few days ago:

"Some fans may disagree with the modifications to Catherines's "Edward" were unfavorable...some actually liked how he appeared/behaved in Condon's Breaking Dawn...

"And...I may be wrong about this...but I think the overall consensus amongst fans is...Edward looked most like ""EDWARD""" in Twilight. And in each subsequent film/director that followed...Edward became less and less...and this "new" character submerged in breaking dawn that barely resembled Hardwicke's original vision."

***"Now....It could be that Condon intentionally/radically modified Edward's appearance to metaphorically symbolize his emotional growth...which has basically been fossilized for 100+ years being a vampire. Bella's love liberated him...made him emotionally evolve/mature and  feel his humanity again..."*****

"I get that angle of it...but Edward's appearance got worse instead of better...and that didn't make sense to me at all...

If his life is so much more fulfilling now...why make his appearance/pallor more dessicated/sallow? Right? In my opinion...Edward looked sexier, happier on Prom night in twilight than he did on his Wedding? Regression is not a favorable thing...especially when vampires don't age..."

I think Condon missed that pertinent detail...

I think he did great with the special effects...but, missed the mark on maintaining the "indy", surreal feel of the Hardwicke's twilight. I think Condon appreciated/respected Hardwicke's vision...but, didn't quite capture the emotional chemistry between Edward and Bella. **Some parts he did...amazingly.....but he didn't bring the best qualities out of Pattinson's acting and potential. Maybe a healthy glimpse of it in the birthing scene...but, I wish he challenged/pushed pattinson more in the right direction. yes, he brought out pattinson's playful/witty side....which was a good change...but it made him too human...and it over-shadowed his vampire character...*****

yes....Edward was evolving, changing due to Bella's love....but, EDWARD is not HUMAN...and he didn't retain his vampire mystique/appeal like he had in Twilight. Condon made Edward the ''humanpire"...which on some level was revolutionary...maybe because of his chosen lifestyle of abstaining from human blood and maintaining control while having sexual relations with a human. I guess Edward was evolving into some unusual, vampire hybrid....and that was Condon's intention to radically alter his appearance...but, it just wasn't a "upgrade" or  a favorable "make-over" from Hardwicke's visionary, beautiful Edward....in my opinion.

So...Ms. Lorece and Pen....

we are on the same page regarding Edward's physical appearance changing due to his internal growth...and miraculous lifestyle...he's chosen to adopt...and the obstacles of being a vampire amongst the human population. Edward assimilates and almost feels his humanity take precedence by defying his innate vampire needs for "blood"...and seeking human companionship/sexual relations in Bella that otherwise would be seeking "blood''  as a priority that would replace those physical human needs.

"Pen"...I agree Edward evolving into a husband/father is indeed very sexy...and I like the maturity/inner growth that is expressed in each subsequent film. That is not the issue I am trying to address....it's the overall aesthetics that was "inferior" to Twilight Edward...that I am having difficulty with.

Lorece...so, you think Edward's pompadour, James Dean coif..would have been inappropriate for BD part 1 and 2 for marriage/fatherhood? I don't know...picture him at prom vs. his wedding? I think it should have been similar..and not so drastically changed.... but "modified" or "polished" accordingly...but, not so drastic it changes the characters signature image.

Lorece...I know Rob had a part in the "bad" hair problem...because of Water for Elephants being filmed simultaneously....but...come on...his hair was flat...and the colour was just off. Oddly...it looked '"okay" in the beginning of BD Part 1/pre-wedding/bedroom scene....and went down hill from there. "Consistency" and aesthetic cohesiveness is what I am making a focal point of discussion....not that Edward internally "changed" or evolved....I like that aspect!!!!

You have to admit....Catherine was aesthetically cohesive through out the entire twilight movie..Edward's appearance didn't change...nor did his makeup or wardrobe...it was all consistent....not all over the place...with vacillating '"identities/inconsistencies"....it's all in the  ''details!" I also liked Hardwicke's vampire makeup....it was defined/natural...but didn't over power or look clown-like.

In New moon ..Chris had so many of the details....just right...."creative" in his scenery/special effects and camera angles. However...the only thing I hated.....was Edward's clown makeup in the bedroom/marry me scene! I loved the pale, dessicated Edward in Italy, the birthday scene....and loved...loved the dream sequence. The sparkle effect was beautiful and "OLD"/aging Bella was amazing!!! I give Chris high marks...for overall consistency...

You know...I agree with your observations about eclipse....and we concur that the proposal scene was very well acted and captured the mood of the book. I agree, Lorece...it felt more like an action movie...and was flat with emotion....

I agree with you Lorece...that condon did some amazing things in in bd part 1.....

I loved what you loved about it...Bella's CGI pregnancy/birth was incredible....one of the best CGI makeup techniques I've ever seen in the industry!!!! Pioneering/innovative!!!!! And stewart's acting was superb...incredible....I was in awe of her performance.

Pattinson for me...was flat...except for the birthing scene...he was amazing...he made me cry...I felt his pain/guilt/remorse/helplessness...truly a great performance.

But...why do I say he was the best in Twilight? Because..."consistently" from beginning to the end...in every scene...he was dynamic..his body language/non-verbals animated/appropriately reinforced emotion.

Maybe because it was all new...he was uninhibited in his approach...but, for me...pattinson's performance made me a twilight ''fan"!!! I never seen his type of acting style before...it was so innovative/compelling...For me...it was oscar worthy!!!! His use of his hands, eyes, mouth...were so sultry, sexy and mysterious. I don't know if it was catherine's direction...that facilitated this out of him and his potential....but, my intuition says she is partly responsible for

Pattinson's profound performance!

It's a innate thing....and I think Catherine understood Twilight...in collaboration with Pattinson/stewart's deeply layered approach to deciphering the meaning and context of the book.

I think condon gets elements of it....and did a phenomenal job on breaking dawn part 1...but, as a whole..he missed some of the details. maybe it's a woman vs. "guy" thing...Most women are detail orientated...."men" see the larger picture/scope....and skip over minute details....

I anticipate bd part 2 to be really great...and probably phenomenal as well in "parts"....

I am optimistic that Condon may have learned from some of the mistakes in Part 1 and made modifications along the way....

either way....I can't wait to see BD Part 2....

In my fantasy...I would love a part 5 movie/new book...and I would like Hardwicke to direct it....and maybe have Weitz collaborate!:)

thanks for your reply Lorece....(and Pen)

love...Danette

Preview of the Breaking Dawn Part 2 Soundtrack Now Available  

You can now listen to 1.30 previews of the songs on the Breaking Dawn Part 2 soundtrack.

Click on the album cover below or click iTunes

iTunes

Source: ToR

Ladies here are pics of our man Just absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert Pattinson ‘Breaking Dawn Part 2′ Photocall in Sydney, Australia

Robert Pattinson looked absolutely gorgeous at the Breaking Dawn Part 2 photo call in Sydney, Australia today!

*sigh* He looks gooooooooood…..

See more at RPLife!

I agree Pen...

Robert looks happy, healthy and radiant...

Much like he did when he made Twilight....

He hasn't had that transcending "glow" in a while...but recently.... the glimmer in his eye is back and he's looking really good! I am so happy for him...his inner beauty is coming through...that's what I find most appealing about him...anyway!

love...Danette

Danette thanx for posting

Your most welcome...pen!!!

He certainly got his glimmer back and it definitely shows. i too am happy for him. And Danette i happen to agree that edwards character has matured greatly and it even shows from twilight and on. in twilight he looked like a 17 year old kid that was in love now he looks much older in the sense of maturity and that makes a man sexy too. Also in BD he is protraying as a father so he should have matured. Sorry had to add that in from your conversation above.

OMG Charlie's face!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service