The Twilight Saga

Everyone knows that the “Twilight Saga” is the best Vampire STORY of all time! BUT what were the next THREE best stories?

Discussion: KST102909 by Doc B
Everyone knows that the “Twilight Saga” is the best Vampire STORY of all time! BUT what were the next THREE best stories?

Subjective* Discussion Question: “MOST” everyone in the world understandably feels that the “Twilight Saga” is the best Vampire Book (or series) ever written. But what (in descending order) were the ( three next vampire novels or series ) that YOU found most enjoyable to READ!

Follow up question. If (like the “Reading “Bear) you happened to have read more than four enjoyable vampire novels or series, feel free to add them to your list as well.

As always we sincerely look forward to learning your opinion, to help us both better understand, and enjoy more fully the "Twilight Saga."
Most sincerely,
Doc B

The "Rose Group" discusses different questions from the "Twilight Saga" novels each day. If you would like to participate,simply go to our home page http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/profile/BurleighJmatthew"> And at the bottom of the page the "Thre Three Blind Mice" Will take you to today's discussions. http://tinyurl.com/kpgvsr

*Explanation for “Develina’s Rose Bud Society”

The difference between subjective and objective discussions. An Objective discussion is one which is free of any bias or prejudice caused by personal feelings and is based on facts rather than thoughts or opinions.
A Subjective discussion is one based on somebody's opinions or feelings rather than on facts or evidence.

So the only thing that matters in today’s discussion is which books did YOU enjoy the most. (period)

Example:
Statement “I subjectively feel Chocolate is the best tasting ice cream.
Primary response: No, you are dead wrong! Vanilla is the best tasting ice cream!
Secondary response: Your response is absurd because I said subjective.

Views: 84

Replies to This Discussion

The only vampire books I have read is Twilight sorry .
Vampire Diaries Series has been rally interesting and I can't wait for the next book to be released

The House of Night Novels are too die for!!! I have been watching the mail for Tempted. I would recommend this series to anyone who like vampire novels.

I havent started them yet because I have been reading those books but my husband told me the Immortal Instruments is really good and will be the next book from my "library" that I will be reading after Tempted comes...
Yes moonlight was wonderful. And the cast was great. The story great. (I'll bet now that the world has gone vampire crazy it would have done super.)
richelle mead: vampire academy.these books (vampire academy,frostbite and shadow kiss) are amazing.
Hey doc

Since the Saga the only Vamire book i read or tried to read was the first book of night world, i read 6 pages and thought this is awful, i ws disappointed but, i know that it is quite popular so maybe i am phased by Twilight now, but I would like to read True Blood, but i have been told that it isn't that good.. I like the sound of the book You and Tara were talking about the other day and my boss is reading a book about a vampire school and that sounds really good.

Anyway, I've only read 2 vampire books and thats An interview wth a Vampire and Bram Stoker's Dracula, both are classic vampire books and both fantastically writtn they are dark and bloodthirsty...

But id you have suggestions, I will read them

Thanks gem
It is hard to recomend books to friends that you know since enjoyment is so sujective. For example I had to read 15 pages of Twilight before I could fully commit to eading the series the first time.

Doc
Hey doc

your right what on person likes another doesn't that's what makes the world go round, but I will give absolutely any book a go at least once :) reading is escapism for me of everyday life so I just like to read anything and everything, my book collection just grows and grows :)

g x
Ok...what is crazy is... Twilight is the 1st Vampire Story I have EVER Read.
I did read the 1st Night World book and liked it. But did not finish the other two..which I own.

So ...more crazy - here is a list of all the books I have...and want to read...but can not un-glue my hands from the saga...

Evermore & Blue Moon
The Mortal Elements Series
The Sookie Stack House Series
******************* I did start & stop Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - and I like it so far
(It's about a boy who is a wolf) Doc...I know that is a shock to you. (HA!...ha..)

I do not have the Books yet...but I am IN LOVE with The Vampire Diaries Show!

Vampire Books ? Let me think. I read tons of books but I tend to forgrt the names of the Titles of books and the names of authors. so.........

1. I read the true blood series, I think that there were 11 books to it. (Or something like that. Which I enjoyed but I felt sorry for a character named Vampire Bill.
2. I read the series about the Professional Zombie Killer who was dating the Vampire. (Warning the first 4 or 5 books are OK but her last 6 or so have been terrible. I think she wrote like 15 books (maybe some one can remember the name of the series.
3. I read the book about the Girl who is changing into a vampire. Which I thought was good. But she had a friend that kept saying "Easy Squeeze-yyyy" WAY TOO many times.

FYI The Reading Bear and Professor Buttons told me that they went to the Scottsdale Library and that it has over 500 books with the word vampire in their titles, or with a theme about vampires. And that over a months time (to the delight of the librarians, who after a 20 year struggle with the Reading Bear have finally given up and save time by just doing what he asks) pulled most all 500 (The juvenile section was avoided) for him to scan. And that he discovered that there are no other "Twilights"

Most sincerely,
Doc B

If any members can put names and authors to those three it would be appreciated.

ANd PS yes the female lead in the Vampire diaries does have beautiful hair.

Question If you were a Plastic surgeon and someone asked you aestheticaly which male and female astors you subjectively felt were most attractive\. What would your answer be?
As far as vampire books go, I have read the Southern Vampire Series and Mr. Darcy, Vampire. I just started reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I have been told I need to read Vampire Diaries, I love the show, and Anne Rice.
i only know twilight because it is the best ................lol
Vampire Diaries! Well, I don't know much about the others. Oooh, is that Brad Pitt in that other picture?

Um...Buffy The Vampire Slayer, True Blood, Dracula...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service