The Twilight Saga

Familiar Strangers...A Bella Story. What happens when Bella falls in love with two vampires? Who will she choose in the end? New readers always welcome!

Hello everyone,

I would love to read your comments from the beginning if you're a new reader. It would bring the reader and writer closer as you go along. I like to get to know everyone, so if you would like to comment on each chapter, I would love it.

Thanks D

Can't wait to see what the new readers think. :)
Edward has been gone for two years. What has happened in that time? Who will Bella meet that makes the Cullen's come back and why? Will she allow them into her heart once more? This is a tale of old love, new love, betrayal and much more. Who will Bella choose in the end? Will Edward fight for her?  Many questions will arise that needs answers.

This story begins two years after Edward leaves Bella in New Moon. I lightly use parts of the books in this. You will see new characters that you do not know, but will hopefully come to love. This story I have planned at least 45 to 50 chapters for. It's my hope that you will enjoy this fanfic as an individual story. I do not use Eclipse or Breaking Dawn in this. Besides the beginning in which I loosely use Edward's abrupt departure from Bella, there is nothing else that will be the same.

Sit back, relax and enjoy.

When all is lost, what is there to hope for? This is a twist two years after Edward leaves. What happens when a new guy arrives in Forks, a guy that makes Edward return?

Familiar Strangers

Chapter 1

“No! You have him mistaken for someone else, you...have...to...” My words felt foreign to me, as did my slumping body that melted into nothingness behind me. I felt my body hit hard as I fell, not able to stand upright. I couldn't describe my pain, my shock, my disbelief, nothing felt right, as if the whole world was off its orbit. I looked up to the stars and found none, nothing but a black mass of emptiness. My ears felt muffled as a strange shadowed figure came into view, his lips moving as if he were speaking, but I couldn't hear him.

“Ms. Swan, Bella, can you hear me?”

An alien...he didn't look quite right to me. Nothing looked right. I couldn't form words, even in my own head. Why is he looking at me like that, his eyes bulged, his mouth moving so fast that he carelessly spit as he spoke.

“Bella, breathe, you have to breathe for me. Everything will be alright, just breathe.”

“Officer Platt, maybe we should call the ambulance. She's taken it pretty hard.”

The lights were so bright that it hurt my eyes. I wanted to cover my eyes, but I couldn't perform that simple task because I couldn't feel my arms or anything else for that matter. What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I feel anything? I was beginning to lose focus of the pretty lights. Where was my dad? Why wasn't he here to help me? Surely he must have heard something was wrong with my limbs. Did I get hit by a car or something? It wouldn't be the first time, I suppose. I could barely hear the voices around me, and I tried my best to listen to them so I could find out what had happened to me.

“Oh no…! You shouldn't have told her like this, not after that family just dumped her the way they did. You should have had Billy Black come to tell her,” Adele, Bella's neighbor, scoffed the officer.

“We are to tell the next of kin, ma’am. There isn't anything else we could have done in this situation,” Officer Platt countered.

“Charlie was all she had left here. That poor girl, you should let her boss know that she won't be in for a while. How is she supposed to handle the details of the funeral all by her lonesome?”

No, no, no, it can't be… Char…Dad is...gone?… Funeral? If I couldn't feel anything before, I sure couldn't now, except for a piercing scream which I couldn't quite place.

“Adele! See what you’ve gone and done? You shouldn't have said anything so close to her. Ouch, she has some lungs on her,” Officer Platt almost screamed out.

“I'm going to give her a sedative and then we'll take her in.”

“He was a good cop, Arlene, and this was his only child, so take good care of her. Geez, she's gonna need a lot of support. We should round everyone up and help with the arrangements. I don't think Bella is going to be in any shape to handle this much or at all,” Officer Platt suggested to the rest of the officers.

“Well, I'll get a hold of the Blacks and let them know, and I will get a hold of others that can help. That poor girl lost everyone she cared about. I wouldn't be surprised if she loses her mind after this,” Adele almost said to herself as she walked away with curlers and a pink long ruffled nightgown on.

My head was spinning, darkness invaded my brain. I couldn't feel, couldn't stay coherent enough to hear anything, and the pretty lights were fading fast. What was happening? Why did I feel so lost, so alone, so...desperate to let it all end right here and now? The lights dimmed out like the wind blowing out a candle. The lights were the only thing keeping me at the surface and at one point I wanted to stay at that surface, but now, for some odd reason, I couldn't exactly say why, but now I welcomed the darkness. It was home to me for so long inside, now it felt right to allow it to consume me on the outside as well. Ceasing to exist, lingering in the dark, never to feel the pain, the loss, the utter desperation that I felt every single day.

Bella, just let it all go. Just disappear, and you will not feel anything anymore.

I could swear that was my voice bouncing off of something, yet I didn't mutter a word of it. I never contemplated suicide, it really never crossed my mind, but whatever had happened to me or was happening to me, I knew it wasn't suicide. I was sure it was death coming, creeping up on me slowly. Even though I should have been afraid of it, I wasn't. It had become my closest kin and I embraced it with open arms. No matter how death found me now, it was here and I wasn't going to shy away from it. What was the point really? Somehow I knew I had lost everyone deep down in my bones, so why should I fear the ultimate ending?

I relaxed my mind and hoped for the best in the next life, if there was one. I wondered if I would see that bright tunnel of light from near-death experiences that others have talked about. I didn't belong in hell, that I was sure of, so I was truly hoping not to feel the depths of hell's burning flames crawling up my feet to engulf me. So I waited, I waited for something to happen, and it took forever to happen to be honest, but finally the bright light came. Only glimpses of it came in between the darkness. It played its own game back and forth for a while. It confused me. Wait...was this a sign telling me that I was in limbo? Even in death nothing could go right, why am I not surprised?

“Bella, are you back?”

A voice... I heard a voice! Was it a long lost family member that perished some time ago? I wondered on that idea at first, until I took in the words that voice spoke. Am I back? What did that mean? Had I been here before in another life or something? The statement begged me to ask for the answer, and so I did, or tried really, but my throat constricted against me and left me little to work with, but I tried a little harder, and finally I said “Back?” That was all I could muster. My throat screamed in agony for relief, for...water? That threw me off. Why would I need the water, why would I be thirsty? I was dead after all, right?

“Bella, open your eyes for me please. It will be alright, sweetie. We'll take care of you.”

I couldn't really explain what was happening now, but I had this sneaking suspicion that maybe I hadn't died. I could feel my body, I could smell a distinct aroma of rubbing alcohol, and I could most certainly feel the woman that spoke to me touching my arm, patting if you will. As she asked, I slowly opened my eyes and I was blasted with the bright light above me. Then the woman came into view with her blue button-up nurse shirt that was covered with clouds. Her smile saddened me and I couldn't figure out why.

“There you are, sweetie. We have been waiting a while for you to come around. Did you know you have been out of it for almost a week? They were worried that your comatose state would stick its ugly face around longer than it has, but I knew you would come around sooner. You're a strong young woman, Bella. Charlie would be proud of you...”

“Would be?” Why did she say that? I was confused.

“Oh no, I’ve gone and said too much. Please forgive me, Bella. I-I will go and get someone for you. I'm so sorry...” she spat out, covering her mouth in disgust as she walked away quickly, not giving me any time to ask her again what she meant. It didn't take long to come to terms that I was still alive as I sat there in the hospital room alone, and it didn't take me much longer to pick apart what she had said, and I lost it.

My dad, my dad was gone. I remember now. Officer Platt caught me as I was walking to the house. He looked grim, his eyes were empty. I greeted him with a nice tone, although his expression worried me a little. I wondered what had happened. Police business, I was sure of that, and he was probably looking for Char…Dad, so I smiled hiding the worry I had and told him that my dad wasn't home, that he should be at the station, but he would have known that, right? I stopped mid-sentence, stiffening my body. I couldn't quite explain why I did that, but I knew I should have. Another officer came into view and stood behind him, and before I knew it my mouth opened and asked the question that anyone dreaded in this situation.

“What is this about officer?”

“Ms. Sw…Bella, can we go inside and talk?”

“No.” My voice was stern; it had to be, because I couldn't move from my spot if I tried. Just tell me what it is. Where is my dad? Why isn't he here? Just tell me what is wrong?” I was asking questions so fast that I swear I couldn't breathe. My chest constricted, my legs wobbly, my heart sped so fast that I felt that a race car wouldn't be able to keep the same pace, and there it was, the answer to all my questions came in the form of three words...he passed away.

My heart sunk, no, it just evaporated right there in the hospital room and I couldn't breathe again, but my tears welled up so much that I couldn't see anything anymore. Almost a week? That's how long I've been out of it the nurse said. Did I...Do I not get to say goodbye to my dad? Did they have the funeral without me?

“Oh, Bella,” I heard a voice say, but I couldn't respond. I couldn't breathe. I was trying but I couldn't.

“Thomas, get a paper bag, quick. Bella is hyperventilating.”

A few seconds later I was feeling something pressed against my mouth and told to breathe and try to relax. I shut my eyes tightly and tried to heave their pleas and then finally, gradually, I had calmed down enough to open them again, but not without tears still claiming their destination down my cheeks. An older woman was bent over the side of the bed, trying to console me with her saddened eyes.

“Bella, my name is Pamela, and I'm the grief counselor here at the hospital. It's clear to me that you understand the tragedy of your father's death and I'm truly sorry for your loss...”

“Please...I just want to know if his...funeral has already taken place. Did I...miss saying...goodbye?” I interrupted her. I didn't want to hear the babble that she was taught to say, it wasn't important to me. What was important is what I had asked her.

“Bella, you can always say your goodbyes in other ways, sweetie. It doesn't have to...”

“So what you are trying to work around is the fact that I did miss saying goodbye to him, am I right?”

Her eyes fell to her lap, realizing that I wasn't going to let her finish as she hoped, and then she said in a whisper, “Yes, I'm afraid so, Bella. They tried to wait...”

“I wasn't strong enough...”

“No sweetie, don't blame yourself. It wasn't that you weren't strong, and no one is blaming you for not being there. Some people take this sort of news harder than others. What happened to you only shows how much you loved him, is all. You should never try and blame yourself. As I said before, you can say goodbye in other ways. He knows you loved him and not being able to be there for the funeral itself doesn't mean that you loved him any less,” she trailed off with a somber look.

I couldn't talk anymore after that. I needed to think, to grieve, and she understood that and let me be.

Another day had gone by and I was to be released today. I was told that Billy and Jacob were going to take me home, which was of little comfort to me, only because I didn't want to sit in a car with someone I didn't know. Although my health was good, the hospital argued with me about their protocol to seat me in a wheelchair to get to the entrance downstairs. I was fine and they knew that, but my stubbornness apparently didn't win them over and I was stuck in a wheelchair. I was greeted at the entrance by Billy, and it was odd because I was actually eye-level with him in his own wheelchair, and then Jacob came strolling behind with his head down, watching his feet.

“Bella,” Billy strained to keep his voice steady. “I'm sorry, honey. Charlie was my closest friend. He will be greatly missed. Here, I have something for you, it's a picture...”

I held out my hand for him to stop. I just couldn't handle anything right now but going home. I needed to rest and wrap my head around all this...alone. I was grateful for the ride, but other than that, I just couldn't handle anything, and he understood quickly. Almost to my street I felt guilty for the way I treated him earlier, and whispered that I was sorry for my behavior, but it was his turn to stop me.

“Bella, I understand, I really do. No need to be sorry. I will keep the picture until you're ready for it, alright,” he said as he smiled as big as the grand canyon trying to ease my worry.

We pulled into the drive and my body tensed. I wasn't expecting this, or better said, I just didn't think about how it would affect me, coming back to the house knowing my dad wouldn't be there. My hand that had a hold of the inside knob tightened its grip as the rest of me began to shake uncontrollably. Jacob ran to my side of the vehicle and opened my door gently. Although I didn't know him that well, he could see my fear and his eyes reflected mine. He held my hands and helped me out and said “Bella, if it's too soon for you to be here, we can take you somewhere else.”

It became clear to me as soon as he said that that yes, it was too soon and I knew where I wanted to be, but I wanted to be there alone, so I asked them to take me to my dad's resting place and they had no problem with it, but what they did have a problem with was dropping me off after I said thank you for their help and that I would walk home. They argued, but in the end it was my decision, and although they almost growled at me over it, they finally left me at the front gate of the cemetery, where above me it said

~~~~~~Forks Cemetery~~~~~~.

My skin ran cold. The sky began to turn different colors as it came close to turning to its slumber for the night. I never asked them to show me where he was in there. It was silly to do so when I knew I just had to look for the freshest grave. Just thinking of that made me cringe. From now on, whenever I wanted to speak to my dad, this...this place...is where I would have to come. Never will I see his smile warm me, never will I hear his laughter or see the smirk on his face when he was at a loss for words, never would I hear him screaming at his favorite team on the television when they would lose a game and never...would I hear him say...I love you, Bells. It just didn't seem real to be standing here right now, standing here knowing that I had to say goodbye in this way, having to say goodbye to him period. Why did I lose everyone that I cared about?

The night sky was coming fast; I could see hues of gray, pink and yellow off on the horizon, darkening the quiet, too quiet, deafening cemetery. I had to mentally push myself to walk past the gate and enter. It was almost like a force of nature fighting against me when I tried. Trying to get past it after dark was like a warning from beyond saying:

No living person allowed past this point after dark

Acting as if I was about to alter the worlds of the living and the dead, I quickly chalked it up to just being my nerves, and I was almost certain that my brain was against me too, trying to convince me that I shouldn't be here yet.

I wasn't strong enough when he passed to be here when they had the funeral, so I was adamant that I was going to be strong enough to do this now, no matter how much I wanted to put this off, so I pushed through the invisible force that tried to stop me, whether it be the powers of beyond or just me trying to stop me, and I walked through, but not without still having reservations of what I was doing so soon. I walked what seemed like forever, even though this cemetery was small to me. I knew I was walking at a snail's pace, but I had to find my courage and make it strong, because it was fading fast, and then two rows to my right in the right corner, there it was, a heaving pile of fresh dirt below a plaque that I was certain had my dad's name on it. I stood still for a long, long moment and I felt the tears flow, the cold night air chilling them down my cheeks. I shut my eyes tightly and opened them forcing myself to walk. The closer I got, the closer the name on the plaque came into focus, and when I knew I could read it clearly, I stopped again and read it,

Charles D. Swan

Loving and Devoted Father

In the arms of an angel

May you reach your heaven

Rest in Peace

I read everything but the dates. I couldn't read that part, the last date would have been too much, too... final. I wasn't ready to let go that way yet. I knelt down beside the lump of dirt and cried aloud. I wept not only for the loss of my dad, but for the loss of the only man that I would ever love, the loss of the only person I would ever call my sister. In this...place, I felt that it was the only place that I would be able to finally say my goodbyes to them in the end when that came. In a sense, I would have to bury them all in this one grave. I knew moving on wasn't an option, but to come here and speak to my dad and to the rest of them as if they all lied here somehow gave me a strange yet comfortable feeling. My mind truly worked backwards.

I decided to lie down next to my dad and talk to him in whispers, hoping somehow, somewhere, he would hear me, and I stayed that way for a while until I heard a familiar voice that stunned the air right out of me and I knew I must have fallen asleep.

“I'm so sorry, Bella. I would have come sooner if I would have known.”

That...voice...it haunted me for so long, and I tried my best to bury that part of my brain that kept it to memory and I thought I had finally erased it, but I see now that I was very wrong. I shut my eyes tightly, whispering under my shaken breath “You're not real, you're not real. Please stop haunting me. I can't take it anymore, especially not now.” Chanting that over and over until... again... I heard that voice that made my heart pound in my chest and also made it plummet to god knows where in despair.

“Bella, I can assure you that I am real. I promise I'm not haunting you.”

I don't know what came over me then. I stood up so fast that I surprised myself and went in the direction of his voice, finger ready to push through his ghostly image to prove he was haunting me. I stared the trickster in the eyes while I went at him saying “Not real, huh, what do you call this then?” I pushed my finger towards his chest hard and ---just as I thought--- it went right through Edward’s ghostly image. The mirage of Edward returning after I buried him inside for so long had squeezed my heart tight, as if there was much left to hurt. I felt one single tear fall down my cheek and it enraged me.

Author's Note: I'd like to thank my friend Seugnet for her fabulous work on editing this first chapter. It is now perfect because of your help. Thank you so very much dear.

Also, if anyone would love to leave a comment, I would surely read them and reply. If you would like to leave a comment for each chapter that is fine as well, I will still reply even more so because I enjoy reading your thoughts on each so please do not hesistate to leave one. Please sit back and enjoy and I hope to hear from you.

D

Claire J. Darling is responsible for the beautiful banner above. Please leave her some wonderful comments on a job well done. Also, you can find her work and ask to have your own done by her by clicking on this link --->  http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/twilightgraphicsbannersandtutorials/forum/topics/claire-bears-banners-1

Thank you very much Eva for the awesome Gabriel banner. It took Nayely and I forever to find this guy, lol. We thank Sarah for ultimately locating him.

Below is just a decent pic of Gabriel. I hope you like it. I don't do banners at all, but I wanted to showcase him a bit.

Thanks to the talented Nayely for wanting me to update so bad that she made this above, LOL. Love ya girl.

Another beautiful banner made by Claire J. Darling. Thank you so much. It's wonderful...

Great stories to read by other author's:

Treason By Claire J. Darling

Key to my Heart By Lauren

Another By Chris

Cold Gray Light

Another great read By Michelle

False Impressions;

Tags: Addicted, Aniya, Aro, Broken, Delilah, Dreams, Familiar, Gabriel, Lost, Strangers, More…Vampire, Witch, ghost

Views: 24199

Replies to This Discussion

(New Reader)

Wow, I started this as soon you as send me the link. I was so sad that Charlie died, I felt so bad for Bella and then surprised at how she was coping with it. poor girl. But Gabriel did help her along the way, so sweet of him. I prefer him over Edward. I was never team Edward as he always kept Bella from her friends and from being truly happy in my eyes. He also left her and lied to her, poor Bella, she was even more hurt and broken in this story then in New Moon.

It was a suprise when Charlie showed back up again. At least Bella can move on a bit or try to once he leaves again, as he's a ghost sort of, but at least for now she has him with her

I am not happy that Edward is back or what Edward has done to Bella :( I hope that Gabriel finds Bella soon and she is back safe in his arms. I know she is broken and loves Edward still but I feel that her love for Gabriel is more stronger as she has moved on or started to before Edward showed up again. I hope that in the end Gabriel and Bella do end up together.

I liked the way you confused on more then one character in each chapter and developed them. The poem you also wrote was lovely :) it sounds very old like kind of like Gabriel so it suits him. It's as if he is saying it to Bella, if the Poem has anything to do with this story.

I loved the cliffhnagers and I wonder what will happen now and if Aniya will die or not as she is weak. Please keep me posted when you update again :) I love this story.

Team Edward~No.

I was team Jacob but now I am Team GABRIEL! Lol :)

Bella + Gabriel = Gabrella

Welcome Stay,

Nice to have you here. I hated having to kill off Charlie. He is actually one of my favorites throughout the series, so it was hard to do what I did. So you're team Gabriel? I have a few that would love to see her end up with Edward still, but I'm pretty sure that many prefer Gabriel. As for me, I'm not saying who I would want her to be with, lol. Oh yes, in this one, she lost two people she loved, so her devastation was doubled.

Charlie coming back was always in the cards from the beginning. I love to tinker with so many ideas, lol.

To me, it's interesting to see that the readers would rather have Gabriel in the picture rather than Edward considering that Gabriel was never part of the series. I love that!

Thank you sweetie. Actually, that poem was written a few years back. The series itself is what is based on.

I do like my cliffhangers from time to time when and if they are needed. I try not to do it on every chapter though.

Gabrella! LOL, that is so funny. I like it though.

I will keep you updated. I hope you enjoy the rest. I have others as well, if you would like to take a look at them.

Delilah

Thanks Delillah,

Yes Charlie is a good character in the series and some what one of the ones that's on my fave list. I just love him in the books/films and his sense of homour :) And yes she does love two people even though of of them left her. I feel so bad for her.

Oh cool and Yay I am so glad there are gonna be series to this :) I can't wait to read the second one even though this has not finished yet but it's so awesome and It's okay I know that some people would want to see Bella back with her old Love Edward.

You're welcome lol :)

Thank you

Stay

Chapter Twenty Two: Aniya

I was dying … very true, but I wasn’t dead yet, and my boy needed guidance that no one else could give him. Although I could not sense his presence, Mr. Charlie Swan was about to help me succeed in my last attempt to help my son.

The house grew quiet … too quiet. I knew Charlie was still in the room by the chill in the air. My lack of strength did not deter me from pulling myself up enough to look around the room. A useless effort, I know. Why look around when I knew I couldn’t sense his emotions, but it made me feel just a little like my old self again. I couldn’t see him before, but I had always known a presence lingered. I could feel his moods change like the direction of the wind. I clasped my hands together and took a deep breath and began:

“Charlie, I know you’re here with me. I know I’m not the one you wish was here with you right now, but I need your help in every sense of the word.” I waited for anything to happen, but it was still quiet as a cemetery in the night. I tried again:

“Charlie, if you don’t help me, Gabriel may hurt Edward or worse, and that frightens me.”

“He deserves whatever Gabriel dishes out to him…”

Still nothing... Maybe what I said last wasn’t the right way to put it. Of course he would rather see Gabriel bring harm to Edward. It was time to use the one thing that I didn’t want to. “Charlie, if my Gabriel does away with the Cullen boy, he may lose any hope of getting your daughter back.” I winced a little, waiting for him to give me a sign that he was listening intently to what I was saying to him now, but again nothing.

“That Cullen boy is the reason why my baby isn’t here now. Gabriel can find her, he doesn’t need him.”

Hmm, I was beginning to worry if I could upset him at all at this point. I needed him to be mad so he could help me reach Gabriel in time. First, because I didn’t want Gabriel to lose himself in his newly found hatred towards the Cullen boy and second, because that boy may know something that could potentially help Gabriel reach Bella before long. I had to think and I was running out of time. Gabriel must be close to locating them in the woods. My beautiful boy had no idea of the things he was able to do. Beautiful things and horrible things, and the latter would destroy who he is inside, and I couldn’t fathom that happening. Think old lady … There must be something that could trigger Charlie into submitting to my needs. Then it hit me, I must tell Charlie why it so important that I stop my boy from doing what I know he is feeling. He will not like what I tell him, but it is not our choice to disturb the balance of things.

“Charlie, there is a reason why we must save the Cullen boy.” I paused to let him think on it for a moment.

“There isn’t a good enough reason out there to make me stop Gabriel from tearing him apart. Why would you try to stop him from doing it? Edward is the reason why…wait, what reason could there be to save him after what he’s done? Fine, what’s the reason? If it will get my baby back then I ought to know what it is.”

I waited and hoped that what I said peaked his interest to some degree, and I was about to give up when I suddenly felt my hands freeze up with such a cold chill that I knew it had to be him. I did get his attention now. Good. Now I had to let him in on what I knew. I smiled towards an apparition that I could not see and began to tell him,

“Charlie…”

Gabriel

Through the thick trees, I saw them standing there, but the one I wanted most evaded any hint of looking directly at me. Was it out of fear or guilt? I couldn’t be sure, but it should be both. My anger grew with every second as I walked closer, but my fear for Bella’s safety began to overshadow what my mind wanted to do to him. I was at a crossroad and wasn’t sure which route to take. I wanted nothing more than to rid him of his undeserving life, but I had to know why he just gave her to Aro like she was cattle. I calmed down just enough before entering into a dark abyss that wanted to take me over completely. I had to know what his intentions were for doing this to her.

The skinny man I knew as Jasper began to walk towards me. I wasn’t in the mood for interruptions. Before I realized what I had done, all of the Cullens flew backwards against the trees where they stood embedded as if they could not move. The tiny creature known as Alice spoke,

“Whatever witch you have doing this to us, ask whoever it is to stop, please. We don’t want a fight. We want to save Bella too…”

“Save her? You are the reason why she needs to be saved in the first place.”

“No…” Edward said somberly.

I looked at this less than a man who sent Bella away with malice and his eyes strayed from mine. “Finish what you were about to say, Edward Cullen. You do not have many chances remaining of your life.” For the first time, he looked at me, but I could not understand the emotion on his face as he said,

“My family knew nothing of what I was doing until it was too late. What happened to…Bella,” he looked directly at me with no emotion, just a blank stare, “is my own doing and mine alone. Please leave my family out of this. Call off your witch.”

“My witch…?” The truth of that did not need to be told at this time. I salivated for the moment I would end his miserable existence, but the burning question I had wouldn’t stay dormant. “The witch is not your concern. Tell me, Cullen, what was your purpose? Why would you betray Bella’s trust again, only to give her to Aro willingly? Did you think so little of her? He will kill her. You do understand that, correct?” Edward glared at me as if he had the upper-hand. Frustration was building in him and his family because they could not move, so Edward could only show his disagreement with what I said by growling deeply at me and saying,

“No, he swore to me that he wouldn’t kill her. He just wants to…” He paused too long for my taste and my patience couldn’t take much more, but before I could say something, he realized that lingering in the middle of that sentence wasn’t such a good idea.

“He wants to change her.”

“For what purpose…? Are you so afraid of Aro that you would just give her to him? I want to know his purpose for her, and your purpose for giving her to him. Speak now. I must know everything before…”

“It’s too late, Gabriel. Jane has her now. There is nothing we can do.”

“I will have to disagree with you Edward, and I believe this is a good time as any other to tell you that there is and will be nothing you can do to get her back because you will not exist much longer, but I on the other hand can do something and,” I made sure my next words came menacingly slow as my breath brushed across his face, “I will bring her back in one piece as I love her … unlike you.”

Edward’s breath hitched heavily and his next words came with remorse for his actions, as well as the love he had for her. “I’ve always…loved…Bella…”

“You do not condemn the woman you love to an early grave. It’s madness. How much hatred could you possibly have for Bella to do this? ” a familiar voice from behind me, cemented my body in place.

“Gabriel Elias Dubois, remember who you are. Do not do this.”

I fought to release my hand from the neck of the person that sent Bella away to be slaughtered. I found it to be a difficult task in that moment. It took more than I thought I had to let him go, and when I finally found that I could, his head dropped, facing the ground below him. Although deep down I still wanted to finish what I had begun, I couldn’t bring myself to turn and look at my mother’s form. Her displeasure at my actions wounded me without looking at her. I allowed my arms to fall to my sides as my voice took on a monotone note as I said, “Forgive me mother, I find it hard to walk away from this without ending his life.” I had to be honest. I was willing to wait to hear what she said, but her state of well-being surfaced immediately. I turned and ran to her wondering how she was able to make it out here in her condition.

“Mother, how did you…” I then knew how she managed such impossibility. Charlie stood behind her. He walked towards me, in front of my mother and said,

“Gabriel, we had no choice but to stop you. You will need Cullen’s help to bring her back and…” he stopped, completely halted from finishing his sentence, turning to glimpse at my mother.

“What is that you wanted to say?” I asked.

“I can only say that there is more here at work then what you know. You need Edward and his family. Please trust us.”

I was tired of the cryptic messages from both of them, mainly my mother. It was considerably easy to see that she influenced Charlie as well. “Why do I feel as though I’ve read a book too quickly and missed all the fine details that built the story?”

“Only the hidden details Gabriel, the mysteries are about to be told. Come, my son, let me tell you what is at stake here before you make any more rash decisions. Release the Cullen family. They will need to hear this as well, so they know not to interfere where hearts are concerned.”

More untold riddles and time running out to get Bella back. My worst fear is that it may be too late already. Trusting my mother, I turned to the Cullens. “I need not remind all of you after I release you to not attack us or use any of your abilities, because they are useless against us. Keep your distance.” All their eyes were on Edward as I released them. They ran to carry him back to the house as they knew his wound would heal. I wasn’t particularly excited about that, but I had to see what my mother knew. I lifted her in my arms and headed back to Charlie’s.

Charlie’s house - Twenty minutes later

Gabriel

We congregated in the common room. Every being there stood on edge, except for my mother. She needed to lie down and rest. Waiting and hoping that she would wake to address the current situation, I was torn between leaving my failing mother and heading to Italy. I knew what my instincts told me to do, but I reigned in my stress over it in the hopes that her news would aid us in our ability to get Bella back.

Another ten precious minutes went by before she woke to a room full of inquiring eyes resting upon her face. Death had besieged my mother. No color could be seen in her features, white as a child’s chalk. Mother hardly had the strength to lift herself after using all she had left to get to me in the woods. Guilt rattled within me. Edward began to come to in the chair that Charlie once called his. Edward’s father was there to explain what was happening. Edward faced me, brows furrowed, and said,

“Why is my ability to read your mind disabled…? Is your witch the cause of it?” He said as he pointed towards my mother with a scouring look.

My patience with this one had expired by his irrational behavior, so thrusting him out of his sitting position and against the wall, preventing him from speaking would do him well before I found myself also being irrational. As I smiled at how easy it was for me to harm him, I heard a whirl of wind carrying my mother’s broken undertone. “Gabriel, stubbornness becomes you and it’s painted a portrait of a son that I hoped not to see before my dying day.”

My pleasure at putting Edward in his place was once again overshadowed by my mother’s relentless quest to keep me in line and guilt ridden. I must admit, it worked every time. Edward composed himself when I allowed it and a relaxed sigh left my mother in the same moment. I watched as Alice, the future seer, walked closer to mother. All the while, she looked upon my face with sympathy.

“May I address her?”

I hesitated only briefly before my mother intervened. “Of course you can, dear. Forgive my son; he’s doubtful of all of you right now.”

“Son…? How is that possible? You exhibit signs of another era. She also speaks of another time,” the father, Carlisle, said.

Mother and I briefly stole a glance at each other, she could clearly see that I grew uncomfortable with the answer and she did not let it linger any longer. “Forgive me for adding more questions than answers, but that is something you will have to ask my Gabriel long after I have left this world.” Her sincerity towards the Cullen father troubled me, but I had to be patient. He nodded in her direction, his young demeanor able to show that he was much older than either of us. Alice sat on the edge of the couch, holding my mother’s hand.

“You’re going to pass soon. I’m guessing you know this already.” My mother nodded that she indeed knew this as I did. I didn’t think she would make it past the midnight hour. I knew death circled her every breath, waiting to take her at last, and it made me sick to accept it.

“We are ready to hear what you need to say. Please tell me that it will help us get Bella back. I’m frustrated that I cannot see into your future…”

“Oh little one, there wouldn’t be much to see. I won’t be here much longer. Yes … I do have something that concerns my boy and Carlisle’s boy Edward, but all of you need to listen because I need everyone else not to intervene.”

My interest piqued. “Please mother, what is it?”

She asked that Edward and I come closer. Alice stood behind her brother, as did the rest of them, as my mother began holding my hand and Edward’s.

“The two of you have a long journey ahead of you, and one of you will unfortunately not win the heart of the girl, Bella, you seek for companionship.”

I shook my head in confusion at her words and the close proximity I was to Edward. “Mother, you’re speaking in riddles again, please clarify your meaning so that we can all understand?”

She paused before beginning again. She looked at us both with pity and gave a grim smile to the both of us and then began again, “Does anyone here know the meaning of soul mates?”

“Well yes, it’s…” Carlisle began.

“As I suspected, all of you know what it means. Let me clarify some key points though. Soul mates can be reincarnated many times over in forms of a mother and daughter, father and son, best friends or lovers. I’m sure you understand where I’m going with this. Most importantly, they teach one another life lessons. This can be good or bad. Sometimes, one of the souls can be the recipient of the lesson in one life, only to turn around in the next life and teach the lesson. The purpose of their relationships is to learn and grow. Does everyone understand?”

Alice bunched her nose in confusion as she asked, “I’m sorry, are you trying to tell us that Edward or Gabriel is Bella’s soul mate?

Mother almost had a full smile upon her face when a cough interfered, taking all of us by surprise. Her entire body fell sideways until it faced the floor. The coughing sounded like it reverberated so deep within her that it no longer sounded like the loving woman I knew for so long. I feared the worst coming soon, too soon.

One of the Cullens went to the kitchen for a glass of water with the hope it would relieve her dry throat. The blonde returned with the glass in record time. Mother pushed it away. I knew her well enough to know that she wasn’t finished with what she had to tell us and she wouldn’t let anything stop her from explaining further before something happened to her. This was important to her. I wanted to fully understand what she had to say. I motioned for her to go on. “You have our full attention, mother. Please continue with your tale.” Her body stayed in the position she fell in. I felt so helpless and guilty that I had the essence of her being within me and couldn’t give it back.

“Gabriel, I know every attribute of your beautiful face and with that, I know when you are blaming yourself for something that you have no control over. Please free yourself from any guilt of my departure. It will only make your heart heavy.”

She knew me too well. Before I showed the Cullens a characteristic of being different from them by having tears flow down my face, I gave a grimace of a smile toward my mother and said, “Yes mother.”

Mother’s eyes lifted toward Alice. “To answer your question, little one, yes, Edward or Gabriel is in fact the soul mate to Bella.”

Alice’s hands pressed against her thin hips and her eyes furrowed with the need to know more. “Well which one?”

“That, I will not tell you. There is another part of this story that I must tell before my time has ended. Please let me finish before asking any more of me.”

Silence and tension filled the cramped space with so many bodies in the small room, and then my mother began again.

“I would gather everyone understands enough about soul mates that I shouldn’t have to repeat anything, correct?”

“Of course Aniya, please go on,” the head of the Cullen family said with a gentle nature in his tone.

“Alright, this is where things will take a superior approach beyond that of soul mates in its entirety. I won’t ask if any of you know what this next term means, because most people do not know that it exist. I will state it and then explain as much as I am allowed to…”

The blonde interrupted my mother a bit too harshly. “Wait. What do you mean allowed?”

I intervened quickly, “Please let her finish. It is disrespectful to interrupt her after she asked everyone not to.” The blonde stepped back an inch and said, “I’m sorry, please continue.”

“We are now talking about Twin Flames. This is ‘one soul’ that was split into two, lifetimes ago. As these complete souls descended to Earth in order to experience form, they literally split into two parts, one of which carries the masculine energy of that particular soul, and the other carries the feminine energy. The two parts becomes two wholes, not two halves of the complete soul that they were originally. The love of both wholes when finding one another at the appropriate time will connect the two beyond death…”

“I’m sorry; I have to stop you again. I mean no disrespect. I want to know that I’m following you correctly.”

“If you must, sunshine, ask your question.”

“What do you mean at the appropriate time?”

“That is a good question. Twin Flames connect in a way that is above most. Although they can eventually find each other, doesn’t always mean that it is the right time for them to be together. If one or both of them have unresolved issues with another as in a possible soul mate, the bond between them can be blocked. Both flames have to be clear of any past intrusions. Mind, body and spirit must be cleared in order for the two flames to mend as one. Any interruptions will slow or stop them in that present life time. Have I made it easier for you to understand, sunshine?”

“Yes, thank you.”

“My strength is weakening quickly. Let me finish this last part.” Mother hesitated to make sure no one spoke and then she picked up again as she looked at Edward and I. “You will not like what I say, but please know that it is all true. One of you has been in every life with Bella, and one of you is the other whole to her soul. I will not name who is who. It is not for me or anyone else to involve themselves in such matters. I will say that your Bella has an explosion of emotions within her for the both of you, and it is solely up to her to figure it out. No one can make her choose between the two of you. Bella may not be able to work all this out in this life, and you may have to wait until her soul is reborn again, but if she does find herself able to decide now, one of you will be devastated. I’m sorry I don’t have better news.”

“Aniya, if I may ask…?” Carlisle began.

“Please ask what you need to now. I don’t have much time left.”

“How do you know this?”

I could not let that question have an answer. My guilt overwhelmed me the moment he stated his question. “I’m sorry, Carlisle, my mother needs to rest. Any inquiries can be made at a later time.” I turned back to my mother to let her know that this was not the time for this line of questioning, and she understood. Edward stood with callousness in his eyes as he looked at me.

“What are you hiding? Why will you not allow her to answer my father?”

I took a step closer to him, my original rage toward him flared again, but I tried to tone it down, “Matters between my mother and I do not need to involve you or your family. Can you grasp the thought that you are on a need-to-know basis only?”

“Boys please, a dying woman is at your very feet. No quarrels are needed. You would do well to learn each other’s strengths right now. You will need to know them before going on your quest to save your Bella.”

We both relaxed and walked away from each other. I needed time to regroup my thoughts. Charlie followed me out of the house into the backyard. He kept quiet at first, but when he did speak, although I was in a state of utter torment, his grumpy words made me fill with laughter. Considering he was Bella’s father and probably felt the same way I did, I knew what he said had only been an attempt to relieve the stress of the situation,

“You know what I miss? Fishing…”

Intresting :) I sense that Gabriel's mother is more on Edward's side then Gabriels and Charlie's as she does not want Gabriel and Edward to fight but Charlie clearly blames Edward, like me :) lol

I would say Gabriel is Bella's soulmate and Edward is just her half as Gabriel and Bella seem to have a more pure and tender releanship then Bella had with Edward.

I loved Charlie's last line. Lol typical of him :)

Post soon and keep me posted

Well hi Stay, lol. I just finished replying to your last comment. Anyhoo, Aniya is a bit odd to figure at times. She speaks in riddles quite a bit. Yes, Charlie does blame Edward as you do, hehe.

One is her soul mate and one is her Twin Flame. The one that is her Twin Flame is a love much greater than that of her soul mate. We shall find out soon, I think.

Haha, yeah Charlie is typical, but he knew what Gabriel needed at that point. Charlie is such a great character, I think. Thanks for the review Stay. Come again soon, okay.

Delilah

I know lol. I just replied back to yours and I started this :) hehe. I know I kind of figured from the chapters she has been in, but it makes the story more intresting and how you have developed her as a character :)

Oh Lol I wonder :) It better be soon, I am aching to die to find out. Seriously Gabriella! Lol :)

I know, Charlie is such a comic at times and you're welcome. And Oh my story Bella's New Identity is updated, lol :)

I will post soon once a new chapter is up, good luck.

Stay

Loved the chapter!  Aniya is a fantastic character!  She knows when to intervene and when to let it go.  She is also versed in so many mysteries, and reveals just enough to help the situation, but not to interfere in processes that must unfold on their own in their own time.  That last comment from Charlie, who feels the same way as Gabriel, is so typical of him, and the timing is perfect!  Let's hope Gabriel can reign in his anger enough so that he can work with Edward instead of killing him then and there.

Hi Seugnet,

Thank you! I know, I love her too. Kind of sucks where she is in the story right now. I hate to have her in this state, but it was needed. I believe that Aniya loves to talk in riddles. I also thought the timing was perfect for Charlie to say what he said. At this point, I worry about Gabriel's anger issue. Especially with what's to come soon. There will be nothing holding him back then.

Delilah

Hi Delilah,

That is a really interesting double concept.A sole mate and an other half/twin flame and which is stronger.

So we might suppose that Bella and Edward or Gabriel which ever is the soul mate have both been reincarnated a number of times but maybe they don't remember that. Each time they would learn something new from each other.

One of them is going to get hurt or maybe even both of them if Bella dies soon.

And the twin flames will be connected beyond death itself. Does that mean there is no longer hope for a soul mate if a twin flame gets there first as they will then have that person's heart through each cycle of life and death?

By the way I love Charlie's last comment.

I'm so glad you are writing this story again. The site isn't the same without you.

Looking forward to the next chapter - please don't make it too painful for Anyia, let her have some peace, she's a great character.

Best wishes

Chris

Hi Chris,

Really? I was super worried about that coming through to everyone right.

Your theory is spot on. They wouldn't remember any of that. Remember though that every time they were brought together in each life, it wasn't always as as a couple. It could have been in many forms.

For sure one will be devastated by the outcome to this, but who will that be? We will have to wait on that being revealed. My mind works in strange ways sometimes, so you never know how this will turn out, LOL.

Think of the soul mate and the Twin Flame being closely related to one another. Like, cousins. The soul mate is a second cousin and the Twin Flame is first cousin. The soul mate is sort of a mirage, it looks like the real deal of a Twin Flame but on closer inspection, it is not. This is where Bella has to find the difference.
I hope that helped.

Charlie's last comment is so...him, lol.

Thanks Chris. Oh! Well double thanks, lol.

Hopefully, I will have the next one up sooner than the last. I will try to ease her suffering. Thanks! I enjoy the fact that the readers like my personal characters. I was really worried about in the beginning of this story considering they had nothing to do with the series, but I am happy that everyone took to them so easily.

Thanks for another great comment Chris. I really miss being around.

Delilah

O D this is awesome! I wonder who her soul mate is and who her other half..
I think that Edward is her soulmate and that the lesson they learned in this life is that you should keep your loved ones close or you will lose them forever.
I think that Gabriel is her other half but I ask myself if he can control his rage and win Bella
Back.
I also hope to find out why Edward gave Bella to the Volturi..

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service