The Twilight Saga

This fan fiction existed on the old site. This is what we have had so far.

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters. Stephenie does.

Chapter One: Forever Lost  

Edward

Another day.  Another waste.  Another pain.  Another day without my Bella. It's been 1,000  years since I made my worst mistake. Since I left. Every day is an eternity, stretching on forever.  We still live in Forks, changing our story and names when needed.  As time past, we now are back to being the Cullens.  Carlisle and Esme are as happy as always. Rosalie still is beautiful. Emmett is still himself. Alice is tiny. Jasper is mature. I am miserable. 

It has been 1,000 years since I saw, heard, touched, and kissed my Bella. I have heard nothing of her since I left. I don't even know if she married.  Her friends led happy lives. Charlie never loved again.  Renee died long before Phil.  I have learned she is gone. Somewhere that I can never be. I will never love again.

"Edward, it's time to go." Alice walks in and interrupts my thoughts. I nod, and she leaves. I open the window and jump out. Alice meets me there.

"So, where do you want to hunt?" She asks me, but already foreseeing my answer.  We break off into a run, over 300 miles per hour. We reach our destination: Portland, Oregon. We smell the air, and head South West, towards mountain lions.

I see one,  devouring a rabbit. That was the one I needed. The one whom I would soon attack.

Chapter Two: Misery

Edward

"Should we play this," Alice asks holding up a CD, "or Debussy?" Memories came flooding in as Alice stared blankly at the wall, nodded, and left. There was one memory that was the most painful.  Bella and I were in my old car, listening.

"Clair de Lune?"  "You know Debussy?" " Not well. My mother plays a lot of classical music around the house. I only know my favorites."  "It's one of my favorites, too."

Emmett's thoughts interrupted mine. He's still there. I'll just wait for a minute until I surprise him. Wow. Is he going to hate me.

I opened the door, and sure enough, he was there, waiting. "Dang it!" He yelled, right next to my ear. I stared at him. He stared at me. I stared at him. He stared at me. I punched him.  "Ow! Why'd you do that?"  I ran into my room, somewhere he never came.

My thoughts wandered. First to Alice's party tonight, then to Emmett, and finally to Bella. I remembered the first time I caught her scent: Lavender and Freesia. I remembered the first time we kissed, and her reaction. I remembered the first time I watched her sleep, and the day that she knew I was there. My mind saw that first morning, when she rushed to me.  The last thing I saw was the day I left. I heard her words in my head. When she asked if I didn't want her. I saw myself leave. I felt the misery that I chose to feel a thousand years ago. I feel the torture, the pain, the agony.  I see her face, her confused and hurt expression, and it adds to the torment.  I hear her voice stumbling on her words, and want to hold her.

I want to die. I cannot live in a world where she does not exist.  I should try the Volturi. But I know my family will never let me go.  I think of other options. Alice bursts into the room. "It's time to get ready for the party."

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

Galadriel* has informed me that she has the next few chapters written.... They will appear at FanFiction.net soon!
Galadriel* just emailed me the rest of the chapters to proofread! They are AMAZING!!!! They'll appear on FanFiction a lot sooner than she expected; by the end of THIS WEEK!!! Catch up on these by reading what's already here. She also apologizes for one thing: the new chapters won't appear for a while, as she is posting the old ones first. But, she has given me permission to give you a little sneak peek, a few lines down. They're just snippets of things from random chapters. Enjoy :) I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE REST OF HER STUFF!!!

BELLA
I was still having trouble believing that he loved me. For a thousand years, I was convinced he didn't. But now, with him in my arms, I feel that everything could work out.

Being with the Cullens–my new family–was amazing. But there was still a part of me that longed to be back in Volterra. We had left there a week ago, with Aro still trying to persuade Edward into joining us.

The flight was short, and we soon were back in the small town of Forks. I still couldn't believe how much had changed, and how much had not. I missed Charlie and Renée very much. Of course, through my life, Aro had given me permission to go visit them. Without their knowledge, of course.

BELLA
"I can't live in a world where you don't exist, Bella." he finished.
"You did before you met me, and for a thousand years after," I pointed out.
"Before, I didn't know you existed. And after, I was going to go to the Volturi to have them kill me. I was miserable every waking moment," he announced.
"I have to help Rose, Edward," I protested. "She can't do this alone, and I care about her." Edward snorted at this, I was taken aback. "Honestly, I do. She's my sister; I love her."

EDWARD
One morning, Bella and I came out of our room. There was a short rap on the door; I went to get it. I opened it and in rushed a strawberry blonde vampire.

"EDWARD!" she yelled. I sighed. Then, she saw Bella. "Who's this?" she asked, with a suspicion in her voice. I motioned for Bella to come over.
"Tanya, this is Bella. Bella is my wife," I added.

BELLA
He shook his head and sat down at the piano, where he began playing my lullaby. And in that moment, I knew I would be able to keep him.

ROSALIE
"EMMETT!" I heard Alice, Edward, and Esme call at the same time. I smiled; that was my man. He turned to me and grinned.
"More?" he asked. I nodded, smiling. This time, he ran up and down the stairs loudly, making sure to trip on the steps. He yelled when he "tripped," causing many people upstairs to groan.
"C'mon, Em," I said. "They might burn your ashes." I pulled him into our room, but before he came, he punched a hole through the wall. Now I was sure they were going to burn his ashes.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service