The Twilight Saga

Hey!

In case there is still confusion on the issue of Midnight Sun ever being published. . . I quote from her website, in the Midnight Sun left tab:
After providing the first chapter as a sneek peek, she goes on to promise that the final product will be 'infinitely superior.'

As of June 2008, Stephenie relayed the message to us on her site that ". . . Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun."

Another update: August 28, 2008.
This is after August 2nd, when Breaking Dawn made its debut on the shelves.
Regarding the leak of Midnight Sun she says in this most recent post, ". . . I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely."

Since then she has commented during interviews and personal correspondences (found on the viable twilight lexicon) that she had planned for Spring of '09 for it to be published and out on the shelves--BUT then the leak happened. She now wants to get other characters out there too, such as her long-harbored sirens.

The most recent update: November 5, 2008
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20234559_20234567_20238527_3,00.htm !! Check it out. Here Stephenie says, regarding Midnight Sun, "I do not feel alone with the manuscript. And I cannot write when I don't feel alone. So my goal is to go for, like, I don't know, two years without ever hearing the words 'Midnight Sun'. And once I'm pretty sure that everyone's forgotten about it, I think I'll be able to get to the place where I'm alone with it again. Then I'll be able to sneak in and work on it again." She goes on to talk about other ideas she's been throwing around. In the previous pages of the interview in the link, she talks about her post-post-leak feelings and how she feels after she's had time to calm down.

Also the twilight Lexicon (twilightlexicon.com) is such a credible sight and has Stephenie's Personal Correspondences which answer a lot of questions that all of us have.

Everything that I've said above does NOT mean that Midnight Sun won't be published! She promised herself that she would finish this. So she didn't provide a date or she didn't directly tell anyone that it was going to be published, but who cares! Have some optimism. The more suspense the better. . . right? Yeah, yeah okay. Anyway. There is still hope and although this year she's told us she will be ". . . spending more time with my family and working on some other writing projects." I believe Midnight Sun will be WELL worth the wait if it's published. This will be worth it.

Sara
Feel free to ask me any questions or I guess. . . 'friend me' if you wanna talk Twilight! ( I'd be so happy to do so :] )

4/02/09
Hey guys--So I guess you've all heard the gossip about Midnight Sun.
Check out the site: http://www.4tnz.com/node/26400.

Since this discussion is called--here's the deal according to STEPHENIE I'm not supporting this information. I personally don't find this site reliable. Why wouldn't they give a link or a deeper reference to the event?
The site claims that Stephenie finished Midnight Sun and will publish it in May.

They have her saying:
"I've always wanted to finish this book, and the fans have been so great, I knew I had to do it for them," the author revealed Tuesday (March 31) at a book signing in Las Bromas, California. "I enjoyed this so much, I'm going to begin work on Full Moon, which is New Moon told through Jacob's perspective."
But Stephenie has said on her website, in correspondences and interviews (you can reference the first video on my page with her and Kristen and Rob, she says this---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PanjNm50oKc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fww... around 5:30) that she will never give information on a project she is working on because you never know how long it will take to publish or complete and as we all know--she doesn't want to have the media and fans pressuring her. She likes to be alone with her characters which she finds difficult when she's being over-scrutinized.

And come on, a movie on Midnight Sun? When New Moon isn't even out? How would the movie be much different than Twilight besides Rob having voice-overs instead of Kristen. And having more information about the Cullens prior to Bella meeting the family. Not too much.

I will update this site according to Stephenie and Stephenie only. When this info comes up on her website--THEN it's legit.

Love you all!! *Fingers Crossed*!
Sara

Tags: Midnight, Sun

Views: 1397

Replies to This Discussion

Me to sometimes in school my teacher go crazy..........
I've heard on a interview that she had some projects going on but she wouldnt say what. But it would at least be 2 or 3 years before she was finished with it. That was what she answerd when they asked about new projects and midnight sun. She couldnt say more because it would take time.
i agree completely!!
I don't agree! when she first decided to put the first few pages or so of MIDNIGHTSUN on her website she basically promised it to her fans. To me that is an obligation, feelings hurt or not. I am an artist and I have had people copy me and try to sell it as theirs, and yes it does knock the wind out of you. I dust myself off and get back to work because I have fans that expect something from me and when they see the new piece of art they are happy and that makes me happy. My point is don't give in to the down side of things just focus on the up side.
Yes there is still hope.... and i also don't mind waiting, because this will be worth it....
But another update would be great. So that we can be sure!
Hi. I saw an interview with Stephenie during the press tour for Twilight where she was asked about this. She said briefly that she would finish it, just not anytime soon. She said besides the fact that life was nuts right now, she said it would be like "writing in a fish bowl" with everyone going nuts online over the book. So atleast she did say that YES, she would get around to it, just not anytime soon!

Ray of hope...
Phew! Yes I cannot imagine how much pressure she is under, whether she gave us a date or not, it's pretty intense!

Ps thanks for the info!
I saw the other day in an interview that she is going to finish it like Anna said and it take about a year or so for it to come out.
Oh, okay great! Thanks :]
OMG I really hope so! I get to the end online and I just want to cry! It's like Edward is suspended in limbo forever! Ok so that's a little dramatic, but completely how I feel!!
oh is the video online. I want to see it for my own eyes. Not that I don't trust you. I just want to see it. lol!
Think of it this way, guys:

She's been too busy working on Midnight Sun for the past five and a half months to update us.

Now that's a bit enlightening, no?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service