The Twilight Saga

Edward returns to Forks to fight for a hurt and angry Bella. Not such an easy thing to do in this story. This is set after the Cullens have been away for quite a few months but before Bella makes the decision to cliff dive. I hope you enjoy the differences. A huge thankyou to Shellym127 and Wyldfyre for my wonderful banners.

Cheers
Michelle 
 Chapter One (BPOV)                 Chapter Two (BPOV)  
Chapter Three ( BPOV)               Chapter Four ( APOV)  
Chapter Five (EPOV)                  Chapter Six (EPOV)  
Chapter Seven (EPOV)               Chapter Eight (BPOV)  
Chapter Nine (APOV)                 Chapter Ten (EPOV)  
Chapter Thirty One (APOV) - Page 50 Chapter Thirty Two (BPOV) - Page 53 Chapter Thirty Three (EPOV) - Page 57 Chapter Thirty Four (BPOV) - Page 60
Chapter Thirty Five (EPOV) - Page 65
Chapter Thirty Six (EPOV) - Page 68
Chapter Thirty Seven (BPOV) - Page 71
Chapter Thirty Eight (APOV) - Page 74

Chapter One
The small pockets of warmth and hope that had been slowly finding their way into my damaged soul were threatening to disappear and it left me with a feeling of despair. Just when I thought that I had found some kind of reasonable existence – even a small tinge of happiness – I could feel that it was slipping away. Why did Jacob, my loving, fun, happy source of sunshine have to confuse our friendship for something more? Why couldn’t we just keep being friends and continue healing the broken pieces of my soul one small piece at a time through the warmth he had managed to bring to my life. Selfish, selfish. I knew it for what it was. I was being remarkably selfish to put him through this. To make him keep his distance at the same time as trying to pull his warmth into my very being. I was being unfair. He was being accepting. I should leave him alone but I really wasn’t sure that I could. I needed him to get me through this. It was only with him that I felt even remotely like myself – a shadow for sure but at least it was something beyond that awful place I was at when the other one left. I started to see the other’s face but I pulled myself away from that image and concentrated on Jacob, a different type of pain but somehow something less confronting. What choice was I going to make here? Neither choice would help. I would never love Jacob the way he wanted. Who am I kidding, I would never love anyone the way I should. I was damaged in that respect. I had known love and it had been ripped away. The darkness threatened to engulf me again. Concentrate - we are not thinking about that appalling time. Jacob. Yes Jacob. He knew that I couldn’t love him that way but he felt it might happen in time if I just let it. My choices could lead to even more heartache for him and I knew what that was like. Was I willing to put him through the emotional void I had experienced just so I could start to feel better myself? I had never been a selfish person. I had always been the one to look after others but……. I needed help and he was the only one who could give it.

“Bella. Are you home?” The front door slammed as Charlie entered the house. I quickly studied myself in the mirror. Not that I really cared what I looked like but I didn’t want Charlie to see that I had been crying again. It would break his heart if he thought that I was returning to that awful place I was at a few months ago. He was happy that I had finally managed to pull myself out of that hole and I was pretty sure that he was thanking Jacob for that in his own head. He knew I had a long way to go but I didn’t want to give him even an inkling that I could fall back into that abyss with the slightest provocation. It would hurt him. I sighed. There was always someone for me to hurt.

“Here dad”. I called as I made my way downstairs.
“ How was your day? Did you have fun with Jacob?” he enquired while he studied my face.
I pulled my face into a calm mask and answered the way I knew he wanted. “ Sure, we always have a good time together. We just hung out. You know how it is dad.”
“ When are you seeing him again?” Subtle Charlie. Why don’t you just ask me when are we going to get married and have kids so that you can be sure that I won’t completely lose it again.
“ Um. Not so sure. We are both pretty busy from here on in. You know school going back and all. I am sure it will be soon though” I added because I saw his face show a small sign of panic. “ Have to go dad the grocery store is calling or we won’t have any food. See ya.” I made a dash for the door before he could continue with the discussion and lead me to confess that not all was right between Jacob and I. It wasn’t something that I wanted to face.

Chapter Two
Life was full of mundane everyday routines and this was one of them. Grocery shopping. Thank goodness for the mundane. It let me look like I was functioning without really having to think about what was going on in all the other parts of my life. It made people think that I was surviving when all I wanted to really do was curl up into a ball and……. Not an option I told myself firmly. You are not the only person that is impacted by your choices. Charlie, Renee, Jacob, Angela. All people I loved and wanted to protect. One step in front of the other. Slowly but surely things would get better.

I had finished the shopping and was heading out to the carpark. I looked up to see that the shadows were deepening and that twilight was upon us. Twilight was his favourite time. I shuddered and deliberately made my thoughts wander from that potentially destructive course of images. When would this stop. I sighed for the umpteenth time and started to put the groceries in the boot of the car.

“ Bella”. I closed my eyes tightly. Why on earth was I hearing his voice. I was putting groceries in the car for god’s sake. I wasn’t doing anything dangerous that could lead me to hearing his voice. I wasn’t trying to be reckless on one of the motorbikes that Jacob had fixed for me. I wasn’t putting myself into any danger by talking to strange men in the middle of a quiet Port Angeles street. There wasn’t anything remotely threatening in what I was doing at all. I chose to ignore it and kept packing.

“ Ah excuse me Bella”. Now I know I am going mad. His voice was never pleasant when he spoke to me in my mind. He was always angry at me for what I was doing. What a joke. My mind obviously wanted to believe that he cared when I put myself in danger even though I knew that there was nothing further from the truth. This was different though. This was that beautiful sing song voice that I had cast from my mind when he had told me he didn’t love me anymore. When he had told me that he no longer existed. Why on earth was I hearing it now?

I slowly turned around to see what was going on. I gasped and instantly felt a fierce joy overcome me. It was instantly rebuffed however as my mind began to register what was happening in front of me. This could not be real. Edward stood about two metres in front of me, flanked by his family. Every single one of them. How could that be? Why on earth were they all here in front of me in a carpark of all places. Edward looked nervous. Alice looked elated. Jasper was worried. Emmett was smirking. Rosalie looked bored. Carlisle and Esme stood a little behind. It seemed like ages before anyone spoke. I couldn’t even grasp if this was reality or some sick fantasy. I had pushed all these people to the bottom of my subconscious in the hope of gaining some semblance of normality. Yet here they were looking as real as uniquely beautiful people can look.

I felt my hands reach across my stomach as if to protect myself. I hugged myself fiercely. This was not happening. This could not happen now. Please, please leave me alone I yelled to myself silently.

“ Bella. we were um….. that is Bella we were hoping……..” His voice trailed off as I stared at him coldly. I watched as he slumped slightly and turned to Alice for help.

Alice placed her hand on his arm and turned to me smiling. “ Hi Bella. We are so happy to see you”
Was she joking? What were they doing? Happy to see me? I had never heard anything so absurd in my life.
Alice came towards me. ‘She is going to hug you.’ my inner voice yelled at me and I reflexively placed my hands up to ward her off. I saw her stricken face as she quickly moved back to her spot next to Edward without touching me at all. Jasper grasped her hand and I knew that he was using his gift to help her. I didn’t care. I was beginning to spiral out of control. I could feel it. I needed to get out of here.

I turned back to the car and slammed the boot closed with as much ferocity as I could manage. My mind was still yelling at me to get out of there. I moved towards the car door. I still had not said a single word and I could still feel seven pairs of eyes staring uncertainly at my back.

“ Please Bella. Don’t go”. His voice was pleading. There was something there but I couldn’t quite get what it was. I was too full of my own anguish that I didn’t want to see what he was trying to do. “ I am so sorry Bella. I truly am…
“ You. Are. Sorry.” I spat out at him. He looked like I had slapped him across the face but he remained calm and tried again.
“ Yes Bella. I am sorry. I should never have left you like that. I have been….”

I could feel the red hot emotion of anger come over me. I couldn’t think straight. All I knew was that the one that had hurt me the most , the one that had ripped my heart out and left me to fend for myself was standing in front of me saying that he was sorry. What did he want from me? Hadn’t he hurt me enough?
“ You left me Edward. You made me think that you loved me and then you just decided that I wasn’t good enough for you and you…. left…. me. Do you think I care that you are SORRY. I DO NOT CARE” I yelled at him furiously and then realized where I was. The carpark. I made my voice softer but kept the anger in it. There was way too much pain involved to just let this go. “ You made your choice Edward. You made my choice for me. Not only did you take yourself away from me… you took everyone.” I glared at the whole family. Oh god how I had loved this family but now all I felt for them was anger. “ Not one of you cared enough about me to check that I was alright. Not one of you tried to keep contact”. I looked at Alice as I said this and I saw her cringe and Jaspers hand tighten on hers.

“ I’m sorry Bella” Alice moaned “ I know it seems like we didn’t care but of course we did. We just had to do the right thing”
“ The right thing, the right thing. Are you serious. You were my best friend. I loved you like a sister. I would never EVER TURN MY BACK on you” I was becoming hysterical. “ You are as bad as him. You LEFT me”
“ We did it to protect you Bella” Alice stammered. “ We were thinking of you”
“ How could going away possibly protect me Alice. How could leaving me to face the others possibly help me. Laurent, Victoria and any other blood drinking mythical creature that feels that I am their personal magnet. It’s neverending. Every sound, every shadow. Constant fear and NOONE to protect me. “ My breathing was becoming quicker and I could feel the shock oozing out of every one of them. I didn’t care. “ How was leaving the right thing to do when I couldn’t feel or breath for god knows how long?”
I caught the significant look that Alice gave Jasper and I turned on him ferociously. “ DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT CALMING ME DOWN. You have no right. Let me be. Let me feel what I am feeling Not what you want me to feel. You owe me that Jasper” Another stab in the heart for someone I had once cared for. He would never forgive himself for what he had done that helped lead us to this moment and I had just driven it home even more. He stopped though. I didn’t feel any calm just the red hot anger. It made me keep the poisoned arrows hurling at the Cullen family. “ and you Emmett. Have you come back to tease me more. Bored, are you, without the silly human to entertain you – obviously I wasn’t entertaining enough to keep around hey even though I thought of you as the big brother I had never had?”
I turned to Rosalie as she hissed at me. No one insults Emmet without earning her wrath. What could I say to her? She had never professed to care so what had she done wrong? “ At least you never pretended to care Rosalie. At least when you left you didn’t make a mockery of a friendship. There never was one between us”
I turned to attack the two remaining Cullens and felt the wind come out of my sail. I had had enough. What could I possibly say to two of the most amazing people I know. I couldn’t inflict any more hurt tonight.
“ Please stop Bella. This is not my family’s fault. They only left because I forced them to…..”

“ Do you know what Edward, I am finished. When you left me you told me to forget that you or any of your family ever existed. Well you have got what you wanted. As far as I am concerned none of you exist. Go away and leave me alone.” I turned away from all of their shocked faces and numbly placed myself in the car as I whispered “I don’t need ANY vampires in my life – NONE”

Views: 11696

Replies to This Discussion

omg
i cant belive this frist tanya shows up at school
then alice is taking bella to the line and giving her one hour
love it
Sorry about the frustration. We all want them together but I have a few things that need to happen before they get there.
This is so good I hate Tanya though
Another great chapter Michelle! I hope you didn't take offence to my comment in the last chapter reguarding My Edward. I just ment that I hoped that he wouldn't stoop to that level to push Bella away. I really love your story and I hope Tanya is on her way home soon. I look foward to the conversation between Bella and Jake. I am ususally not a Jacob fan, but I bet he is a lot of pain and I hope Bella can pull him thru it. I would also like to hear from Edward and maybe have him put Tanya in her place...just a thought! Once again, great job Michelle, can't wait for more!
Sarah
It wouldn't even cross my mind to take offence to a comment you write. How could I when you are reading my story and giving me such great comments?
The conversation between Jacob and Bella is next chapter and the chapter after that is Edward's POV so you might just get waht you want. :)
Yeah!!! So excited, not to often that you get what you want!! Glad to hear that I didn't offend you. I didn't mean the comment in that way at all and I am so glad that you are writing this. It is definitly "my brand of heroin" and gives me my fix while I wait for November to arive. Thanks again Michelle for a great chapter!
please hurry and make tanya disappear please please i am begging xx
OMG! I want kill Tanya, If Edwards smart he'll kill her his self. Please post more soon.
In the chapter after next you will see how Edward feels about Tanya. Not so sure if he will kill her though.
Hey Michelle, nice chapter.

It was not hard to answer with the truth even though the truth led to a huge sense of loss for me. “ I go to save a friendship Alice. Nothing else. There is, and always has been only one person who I love with everything I have got. Your brother has made his choices and they don’t involve me but it doesn’t stop me from loving him. I don’t think I will ever stop.” This was my favourite paragraph. It's so sweet and romantic, yet so devastating that she think he doesn't love her anymore. If she only knew the truth. As you can see, I'm a sucker for the romantic parts.

It said in the chapter how Bella was gushing over how beautiful Tanya was and how uncomfortable Edward looked, I hope she realises the truth. I'm glad Alice sent Jasper to go with them.

I am not a Jacob fan, but I only don't like him in the sense of loving her when I think the only one that should be doing that is Edward but since you stated cleary that Bella does not love him anymore than a friend and the face that she will always love Edward, I do hope Jacob pulls through his depression, you could say. Of course he is in pain, he nearly killed his best friend.
Thanks Monique for all the positive words. Here is the next chapter a little earlier than I expected. I think I am trying to get through the next couple of chapters so I can write one chapter in particular. I have everything in my head and I want to get it down before I lose it. ( or talk myself out of it)

Chapter 21

BPOV
The hurdle of getting through the Cullens into La Push was now behind me. Somehow I thought that getting Jacob to speak to me and understand my lack of judgement was going to be even harder. I rang Seth Clearwater as we neared the treaty line and asked him to come and pick me up. I knew he would do it and I needed to get to Jacob quickly. If I walked there was no way I would get back to Alice in her pre allocated time. I was determined to meet her demands as I knew it would cost her a lot to do this for me.

Billy answered the door of course and his politeness was annoying to deal with. How was I? How was Charlie? Was I recovering well? Was I still fraternizing with the enemy? My anger at this last question made me abrupt.

“ Billy could I please just see Jacob. We need to talk?”

Billy motioned towards Jacob’s bedroom. “ I am not sure if he is in there. He has been spending a lot of time as a wolf lately and he comes and goes. Bella, please don’t make it any harder for him than it already is.”

I listened to his words in silence. It had never been my intention to make things worse for Jacob. I wanted him to be happy. I had no doubt that that would not happen until he had forgiven himself.

Jacob was there. He was huge in his too small bed. Obviously his growth had not stopped during my absence. His face was pulled into a mask of anguish even as he slept. There was nothing peaceful about this picture and I felt the tears well up under my eyelids. I needed to help him. It was right that I had come. I gently touched his arm and he was instantly awake in a frenzy of movement. I shied away from him hoping that I had not triggered a form changing event. I hadn’t but Jacob looked at me accusingly through his sleep glazed eyes. “ What do you think you are doing Bella Swan? Trying to kill me in my sleep. I know I deserve it but jeez….”

“ Hi Jacob. It seems I had to come to you since you weren’t responding to me in any other way.” I answered defensively. “ Sorry I woke you from your beauty sleep.” I tried to say lightly. I didn’t pull it off.

“ Bella get out of my room. I am not safe for you to be around. I am not safe for any human to be around. Get out.” He yelled at me.

“ I am not leaving Jacob Black. We need to talk about this. We need to make things right. What happened was an awful accident. It was not your fault.”

He sat silently and stubbornly refused to respond. He was not going to make this easy for me.
“ Jacob. I miss you. I want you back in my life. I want to know that you are ok.” I pleaded with him.
“ Please see that I don’t blame you for what happened. I know it was out of your control”

“Well that’s the point isn’t it Bella? It was out of my control. I love you and I still managed to physically hurt you. I still ripped you apart with my own hands and all because I have NO CONTROL. Sam says that my control will improve in time but I can’t feel it. I still feel that every time my anger comes on I am going to hurt someone who doesn’t deserve it. You certainly didn’t and I still let it happen. No. My mind is made up. You and I can not be near one another, particularly when you refuse to keep those blood suckers out of your life. If anything brings out the anger in me it is them.” He said those words with such hatred that I automatically flinched. How could two such important parts of my life clash so violently. I wasn’t willing to lose either sets of friends. I had already lost my soulmate. I didn’t deserve to lose any of my friends because of a ridiculous assumption that they couldn’t live in peace.

“ The Cullens aren’t hurting anyone Jacob. They feed on animals for god’s sake, not humans. There should be no problem between your group and theirs. I don’t understand how you can’t get past that hatred and move on.”

“Well we are not all like you are we Bella? We don’t feel the need to make everyone around us happy. To be friends with every set of monsters that come along. We don’t see the need to make friends with the enemies that we have had for generations just because they pretend they have some sort of morals.” He spat the words out at me and I realized that we were going in a direction that would be very hard to come back from. I took a deep breath and looked him squarely in the eyes.

“ I didn’t come here to talk about the Cullens. I came here to make things right between us. I want you to look at me and see that I am ok. I survived and that is because you did have some control. You stopped as soon as you realized I was hurt. That has to count for something.”

“ It counts for very little actually. I am looking at you and outwardly you look fine but what did I do to you on the inside Bella? How did you feel when you were betrayed so violently by a friend? What would you look like if I asked you to lift your shirt to show me your wounds and scars? They are all questions I can’t bear hearing the answers to. I just want you to leave me alone.” He was torturing himself and I realized there was nothing more I could say to help him.

“ All those questions you just asked are nothing in difficulty compared to how you are making me feel by rejecting me as a friend. When you decide that you can deal with me again give me a call. I will be waiting. You might have given up on me but I haven’t given up on you Jacob Black. You are my friend and always will be.” I leant down and kissed him on his forehead the way he had always done to me in happier times.

He remained stiff and unyielding. “ I wish it was that simple Bella. I really do. Now please get out before I do something I regret.”

I walked blindly out of his room and found Sam waiting for me in the loungeroom. Billy was nowhere to be seen. “ It will get better Bella. He is getting stronger in his control everyday and there will come a time when he feels safe to be your friend again. He is letting his emotions get the better of him at the moment. We are looking after him.”

“Good luck with that” I said without any emotion. I left without any more words. There was nothing left to say and I was exhausted after another afternoon of shocks and rejections. Seth drove me back to a waiting Alice who saw instantly that I had failed in my attempts to fix a friendship. She put her arm around me in understanding and empathy. “It will get better.” she said softly. People kept saying that to me but right at this moment I didn’t believe it. How long would my new found strength hold out against the battering it was getting yet again. I had no answer to that question. I was pretty sure there was more to come.
That was great. so much emotions in it. please add more soon

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service