The Twilight Saga

I thought that it would be nice to have a place to post anything relating to Robert Pattinson without worry of crossing the boundaries of the discussion.  Feel free to add anything that you think might be of interest to other fans.

Tags: Pattinson, Robert

Views: 31053

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I surprised that they would care about the endearing nicknames that are given to them.

David Cronenberg talks about Robert Pattinson with BBC News  

By way of preparation, Cronenberg showed his crew the 2009 film Lebanon,   which takes place inside an Israeli tank, and 1981 war epic Das Boot, which takes place inside a German submarine.
“I said: ‘Let’s not be intimidated by this, this could be quite exhilarating if we do it right.’ We built a limo that comes apart like a Lego car in about 24 pieces. I don’t think of it as a challenge, but as a lot of fun.”

Robert Pattinson’s performance as the billionaire banker has been largely well received since the film’s Cannes debut.

“At its heart is a sensational central performance from Robert Pattinson,” said Tthe Telegraph’s Robbie Collin. ”Pattinson plays him like a human caldera; stony on the surface, with volcanic chambers of nervous energy and self-loathing churning deep below.”

Empire’s Damon Wise observed: ”Lean and spiky – with his clean white shirt he resembles a groomed Sid Vicious – Pattinson nails a difficult part almost perfectly, recalling those great words of advice from West Side Story: You wanna live in this crazy world? Play it cool.”

What made Cronenberg choose Pattinson as his leading man? “This character is in every scene in the movie which is quite unusual for a movie with a big star,” he says.

That means he must have charisma, and that he is constantly revealing different tones and shades – and Rob has that.

Finally, he has to be good with dialogue because this is wall-to-wall dialogue, some of it quite technical, which can be very intimidating for an actor. Once I convinced him he was the guy, he had no problem with it.

Cronenberg is closely associated with the “body horror” genre through his 1970s and 80s films such as Rabid, Scanners, Videodrome and The Fly.

Cronenberg has written a screenplay for a new Fly movie, but says plans to make it appear to have been squashed.

“I was interested in not doing exactly a sequel or a remake,” Cronenberg explains.
“It was suggested to me by the people at Fox who have the rights to the original [1950s] movie and my movie, but there was what we should call ‘creative differences’.

“What I was interested in doing and what they wanted were two different things, so it’s no longer in my control. It’s in their court to play.”

Cronenberg laughs when it’s pointed out that Robert Pattinson was born in 1986 – the same year that he made The Fly. 
“There comes a time as a director when you are no longer the youngest guy on the set – I used to be and now I’m the oldest!

Cosmopolis opens in the UK on 15 June.

Source: Thinking of Rob

Good interview - thanks Irene.

*VIDEO* New Robert Pattinson and David Cronenberg interview with The Guardian UK   

Or watch at the source|via|via|youtube | via

Source: Thinking of Rob

Robert Pattinson Calls Out Hypocrisy of Celebrity Activists

Robert Pattinson is feeling a little combative these days.

The actor recently went off on the nickname of R. Patt and then followed that up in the same interview with The Guardian, focusing his ire on celebrity activities and especially singling out those who got involved with Occupy Wall Street.

Robert Pattinson Profile

"I remember when Occupy happened in LA. I knew a bunch of actors who went down to it," Pattinson said. "They all drove down there, because no one takes the train, and parked one stop away, because they didn't want to be seen driving their free Audis, and then got on the train.

"I was like, 'What are you doing? You're probably ruining it for the other people'. I guess that's kind of a bubble; you want to say things, but you are being hypocritical. I've never really been in a position to give my opinion on political stuff before, it doesn't really come up. But suddenly you've got to take an enormous amount of responsibility."

Pretty heavy stuff from Robert. If you prefer to think of the actor solely as eye candy, you're in lucky: new Breaking Dawn photos have been released!

Robert Pattinson - Robert Pattinson Gets Fashion Advice From Gucci

14 June 2012 04:06:14 PM
Robert Pattinson picture

Robert Pattinson Gets Fashion Advice From Gucci

Robert Pattinson gets his fashion advice from Gucci's creative director, Frida Giannini.

Robert Pattinson gets his fashion advice from Gucci's creative director.

The 'Twilight Saga' heartthrob likes the Italian fashion house to dress him for his public appearances and relies upon emergency last minute fashion advice from the brand's creative director, Frida Giannini.

Robert told the British edition of GQ magazine: ''She taught me one thing - you should definitely have good contacts at Gucci. They're absolutely amazing. The amount of times I've been stuck in some random city and have called her up and had things brought in at absolutely the last minute - it's crazy.

''You can do quite crazy things [with colour] if you have incredibly classic, really well-made suits. I guess I've been quite boring for a while. I used to be more interesting with them. Now I always just request things two days before: 'Can you send 25 suits?' I don't even know what I want to wear!''

Robert - who is dating Kristen Stewart - was kitted out in a custom-made Gucci suit for his film role in David Cronenberg's 'Cosmopolis'.

He plays a billionaire who embarks upon an obstacle-ridden journey across Manhattan, so his wardrobe had to fit the part.

Frida said earlier this year: ''We are so pleased to work with Robert on 'Cosmopolis' and to create an effortless and classic style for his character.''

Robert Pattinson Unbound Captives

HollywoodLife.com speaks to one of the producers of ‘Unbound Captives’ about the film and Robert Pattinson’s involvement

We’ve been waiting patiently for news on whether Robert Pattinson‘s new film Unbound Captives will start filming soon, and whether or not he was still going to do the film with Revenge‘s Madeleine Stowe. HollywoodLife.com spoke to one of the film’s producers to get the scoop!

“Nothing has changed” on the start date of the film, our insider tells us. It seems like the movie is still delayed in starting production. But what about Rob? “He is still attached,” the source reveals.

The film has been described by Madeleine as “a large romantic Western”. She has confessed in the past that she thought of the idea, and plans on directing the movie. “I heard about children who were abducted by Comanche Indians [in the 1800s] and became so acculturated that they had a hard time returning. Our ranch had a real history. When I lived there, I felt a certain way about Texas that I hadn’t seen filmed yet.”

MTV News | Kristen Stewart Wants Robert Pattinson For Snow White 2!

Kristen Stewart Wants Robert Pattinson For Snow White 2!

She Tells MTV Her Plans To Reunite With Her ‘Twilight’ Co-Star ...

Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson could be set for a post ‘Twilight’ on-screen reunion!

Yep, while the lovebirds may be saying goodbye to Bella and Edward in ‘Breaking Dawn: Part 2’ this November, K-Stew has revealed plans to nab her British beau for a ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ sequel!

In an exclusive chat with MTV Australia at the Sydney premiere of the fairytale remake, the actress said of Rob joining her for a follow-up flick,

“Oh absolutely! Rob’s invited to be on our cast. Definitely!”

But, it looks like R-Patz could have a bit of a battle on his hands for his leading lady’s affections...

Kristen’s ‘Snow White’ love interest Chris Hemsworth, who plays the part of the Huntsman in the Disney adaptation, told us he’s also up for part 2.

“I don’t know if it’s officially going ahead, but there’s definitely talk of [a sequel].

“There seems to be a great interest in this, so definitely if there’s another great script and the same cast then for sure!”

And luckily for Kristen, Chris (and possibly Rob), the movie’s director Rupert Sanders has already started working on the next installment!

“I can tell you that I’m working on a sequel now and it’s really exciting,” he told MTV Australia on the white carpet at Bondi Junction’s Event Cinema.

“We all had a great time doing this one, so onwards and upwards.”

Interesting! Thanks for the post, Caramella!

The US DVD cover and release date for Bel Ami.  Look for it on August 7th, 2012.

Looks like the DVD is coming ahead of the movie being shown in my area. No idea why, but this is a welcome treat instead! Once again, thanks, Caramella!

Robert Pattinson joined Justin Bieber and his girlfriend, singer/actress Selena Gomez, for a night of partying in Hollywood.
Pattinson joined Bieber and Gomez at the Marmont on Tuesday night for a night of partying. Katy Perry was also partying with Pattinson, Bieber and Gomez. According to US Magazine, when the group was finished partying at the Marmont they ended up getting into Bieber's limousine bus. They then traveled together to David Arquette's club opening. According to TMZ, at first it looked as if Pattinson was not going to be allowed into the bus when the stars left Marmont. However, the Twilight star was eventually let into the limo bus. According to Metro, earlier in the night the group was celebrating the premiere of Perry's new movie called Part Of Me. Before the group went out partying, Bieber and Gomez joined Pattinson for dinner.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service