The Twilight Saga

I thought that it would be nice to have a place to post anything relating to Robert Pattinson without worry of crossing the boundaries of the discussion.  Feel free to add anything that you think might be of interest to other fans.

Tags: Pattinson, Robert

Views: 30957

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Melony

I agree with you about this being huge.  I heard he is a wreck.  He is hurt and angry.  He left the house they share together and will not speak with her.  While I agree with you that this is terrible, I will say I hope he is smart and not take her back.  I really have never followed their love life but I did follow the twilight film interviews and from just listening to what was and was not said, she did not love Rob and I do not think she loves him now.  Without going through all the details, she was said to be very controlling in that relationship.  His whereabouts were restricted (even on set) to her desire.  You do not treat those you love like your pet.  She loves Rob in the way you love a loyal puupy and not a man.  She was the one to say you will not discuss our relationship in public.  I recall an interview when he was asked and he said "I am not allow to discuss that."  Not allowed!!  A grown man not allowed to speak freely!.... What she would dump him for saying he was with her? 

She choose the one thing she had to know as Rob told the world in an interview, he has no understanding for why someone cheats!  That interview was not too  long ago.  Kirsten also gave an interview recently when she said she does what ever she want sand does not care who knows.  Connect these things!  

Kristen said I love you to the world for two reasons...her career and yes to get him back.  I read this will enhance her career if twi fans forgive her or he forgives her.  I also belive she wants him back because it was he and not she who decided to leave.  Again, she wants to be in control of others and that is not love.  This will happen again or she will eventually leave him but this is all about her for her and not anyone else.  She spoke to her interest in the so called apology but as The Sander's children and his wife were not her interest, no apology specifically to them.  Again just her own interest.

As more things are conming out, like how they hooked up that day and the first thing Rupert did when he got in her car was to kiss with a kiss so forcefull that her back was samshed up against the car window?  Then they dissappeard from window level?  In public!   She reject any public affection from Rob for years!   This had to had been an ongoning relationship in my opinion.  Two days later she is seen all snuggly with Rob!  No guilt.  Unlike you, and I hope you will consider what I said as to why I feel as I do, but I hope the friends who told him (as I read that they have been trying to warn him) that she was not all that she seemed, she was not the one, will convince him further.

Robert Pattinson’s ‘The Rover’ Gets Greenlight

Screen Australia has announced almost $20 million investment in a diverse slate of feature films, adult television drama projects and children’s television series. The investment in 12 projects will trigger $100 million in production.

Features approved include The Rover, a futuristic Western from the producer and writer/director of Animal Kingdom, Liz Watts and David Michôd. Michôd will join Watts and David Linde (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) as a producer. The film’s cast includes world-class acting talents Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce.

Screen Australia’s Chief Executive Ruth Harley said, “These four highly engaging and diverse Australian stories have huge potential. The Rover is a powerful well-crafted script from a talented team with an impressive cast. Anna Broinowski’s Aim High in Creation is a distinctive, ambitious film with a humorous and entertaining story. Felony has international breakout potential and Healing promises to be a highly emotional and moving story on screen.”

Dr Harley said, “It’s great to support such a substantial slate of distinctive and compelling adult drama and children’s programs, delivering unique Australian storytelling at its best. Across both adult and children’s television, Screen Australia’s investment commitment will produce 66 hours of television and generate budgets of $73.6 million.”

“Screen Australia is committed to investing in a production slate that encourages new talent, develops successful screen practitioners and promotes ongoing achievement,” concluded Dr Harley.

FEATURES

THE ROVER
Porchlight Films Pty Ltd in association with Lava Bear Films LLC
Producers Liz Watts, David Linde, David Michôd
Writer/Director David Michôd
International Sales FilmNation
Australian Distributor Village Roadshow
Synopsis The Australian desert in a dangerous and damaged near future. Eric has left everything, everyone and every semblance of human kindness behind him. And then he has his last possession stolen by a gang of dangerous criminals. Eric sets off on a ruthless mission to track them down, forced along the way to enlist the help of Rey, the naïve and injured junior member of the gang, who was left behind in the bloody chaos of the gang’s most recent robbery.

Source |Via

Keep the LOVE alive! Keep smiling! :)

Cosmopolis Review by ‘Shotgun Critic’ – Australia   

Shotgun Critic Review

You probably won’t like David Cronenberg’s ‘Cosmopolis’. It’s a hard movie to enjoy. Two people walked out of this screening—and these guys get paid to watch movies. It’s dense, verbose and discusses capitalism through use of obtuse metaphors and, frankly, those are all big barriers if you’re not tuned in, caffeinated and invested (so to speak) in what’s going on. There’s also an inherent ugliness and unpleasantness to lead character, billionaire Eric Packer, offset by the angular and all-too-perfect Robert Pattinson – itself a brilliant bit of casting.

So yeah, you probably won’t like this movie – and I wouldn’t blame you. It’s a bitter pill and it knows it. David Cronenberg (Videodrome, eXistenZ), however, is in fine form here—and if you’re braced for the kind of experience he generally provides (that is, brooding and introspective examinations and taut, sometimes horrific, suspense), Cosmopolis is actually a fine film and utterly fascinating.

…As an adaptation of the equally unapproachable novel by Don DeLillo, Cronenberg made a few very wise decisions early on. One, this is Robert Pattinson’s hands-down best role. In the hands of a very capable director and a punishing script, Pattinson turns in a performance that channels a young Robert De Niro, New York twang and all. His performance is so understated and brilliant that, during moments where he breaks through this Wall Street gloss, he comes across as truly unhinged and monstrous. This is a frightening performance in the best ways and points towards a hell of a career ahead for Pattinson.

…Cosmopolis isn’t a humourless film, however. Amidst the bleak, there’s also levity – usually in the form of obtuse one-liners and a hilariously morbid slapstick attack late in the movie – and these moments are deeply appreciated to help counterbalance the dark core of the narrative.

…For one of the smartest films I’ve seen in a while, Cosmopolis is also one of the least outwardly enjoyable. That by no means makes it anything less than a great film however. But if you can stomach the loose poetry of the dialogue, heavy use of metaphor and occasionally lax pace, this will leave you thinking about its cultural commentary long after the curtains close.

4 Stars

Read the rest of review here Via

Source: ToR

I really wanted to see this one as well, however I'm not seeing it being promoted a lot where I am.... I'm beginning to wonder if it is going to be like Bel-Ami, where I have to wait for it to come out on DVD =(....

*SiGh* Just not fair....

After reading the review, I think I may actually go to see this one.  I hope it is his break out performance as he needs a fresh start.  May he get the Academy's attention!

And we all know he is so overdue for an Academy. : )

IWDAV I read today that Rob cancelled all the promotion for Cosmopolis because he is such a wreck over the Kristen breakup.

First she messed over his heart with another man and then lying about it.  Then she turned around and messed over him professionally by telling the world.  Even had she done this and WE were not sure, he would have at least had that to hide behind in public.  But oh no..... for the first time in Kristen Stewart's life, Kristen wants the WORLD to know who she is and what she is made of...all because she "loves" Rob so much that humiliation of him is first in order.   I said it before and I will say it again and again....love protects those they love.  Be it parent or sibling or friend or lover.  Those you love will have your protection.  Meeting their needs come before your own and it is something you do automatically with how best to do it being the only possible delay of what would happen to protect them.

A little bit of good news.  Rob apparently is not going to allow his personal life to interfere with the release of Cosmopolis.  This was reported by E News. 

Robert Pattinson's personal life might be suffering, but that doesn't mean his professional one is.

The actor, who has been hiding out since the whole Kristen Stewart cheating scandal broke, will make his first public appearance Aug. 13 at the New York premiere of his new film, Cosmopolis the film's distributor, eONE Films, told E! News.

"Cosmopolis is a film that Robert is very proud of and looks forward to supporting," Pattinson's rep told E News on Tuesday. "No confirmed engagements have been canceled. Any reports to the contrary are inaccurate."

Indeed, a rep for The New York Times' TimesTalk series says that an Aug. 15 event with Pattinson and director David Cronenberg is still "on track."

Now that is good news!  I am sure his people will take care of him and keep those away who would ask about his personal life instead of the film.  They need to be respectful on the subject.  That's true for hisfans  too if they really want to show they care about him.

This is a little something for those who are curious about the movie or the book which it was based upon. Enjoy. ;)

http://floatingindreams.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/cosmopolis-book-mo...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service