The Twilight Saga

I thought that it would be nice to have a place to post anything relating to Robert Pattinson without worry of crossing the boundaries of the discussion.  Feel free to add anything that you think might be of interest to other fans.

Tags: Pattinson, Robert

Views: 30790

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Pei. Life experience should add to his depth as an actor.

That was a good read Pei....it opens in a couple of weeks here....lots of Kudos going out for this movie so far....can't wait!

The Rover' updates!

'The Rover' gets Greenlight
Press release-source/via
Screen Australia has announced almost $20 million investment in a diverse slate of feature films, adult television drama projects and children’s television series. The investment in 12 projects will trigger $100 million in production.

Features approved include The Rover, a futuristic Western from the producer and writer/director of Animal Kingdom, Liz Watts and David Michôd. Michôd will join Watts and David Linde (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) as a producer. The film’s cast includes world-class acting talents Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce.

Screen Australia’s Chief Executive Ruth Harley said, “These four highly engaging and diverse Australian stories have huge potential. The Rover is a powerful well-crafted script from a talented team with an impressive cast. Anna Broinowski’s Aim High in Creation is a distinctive, ambitious film with a humorous and entertaining story. Felony has international breakout potential and Healing promises to be a highly emotional and moving story on screen.”

(...)

THE ROVER 
Porchlight Films Pty Ltd in association with Lava Bear Films LLC 
Producers Liz Watts, David Linde, David Michôd 
Writer/Director David Michôd 
International Sales FilmNation
Australian Distributor Village Roadshow 
Synopsis The Australian desert in a dangerous and damaged near future. Eric has left everything, everyone and every semblance of human kindness behind him. And then he has his last possession stolen by a gang of dangerous criminals. Eric sets off on a ruthless mission to track them down, forced along the way to enlist the help of Rey, the naïve and injured junior member of the gang, who was left behind in the bloody chaos of the gang’s most recent robbery. 

From THR
SYDNEY -- On the day everyone learned that his girlfriend Kristen Stewart had strayed, Robert Pattinson's new starring role was given the greenlight.

Screen Australia said it will provide production financing for a previously announced Australian feature film project, The Rover, from Animal Kingdom writer-director David Michod. The Twilight star and Guy Pearce are both attached.

Set in the Australian desert, the futuristic western tells the story of Eric, who has left everything, everyone and every semblance of human kindness behind him, as he’s forced to join an injured gang member, Rey, to hunt down Rey’s gang after they steal the last of Eric’s possessions.

The Rover is produced by Porchlight Films in association with Los Angeles-based Lava Bear Films, with Liz Watts, David Linde and Michod producing. Film Nation will handle international sales, and Roadshow Films will be the Australian distributor.
The Rover is one of four features, four adult TV dramas and four kids TV series to receive $20 million of production funding from agency Screen Australia, triggering more than $100 million worth of production here.

(...)

Screen Australia’s CEO Ruth Harley said: “These four highly engaging and diverse Australian stories have huge potential. The Rover is a powerful well-crafted script from a talented team with an impressive cast. Anna Broinowski’s Aim High in Creation is a distinctive, ambitious film with a humorous and entertaining story. Felony has international breakout potential, and Healing promises to be a highly emotional and moving story on screen.”
 Director & producer scouting locations\Full article at the source
 The actor, who has a mass worldwide fan base thanks to The Twilight Saga films, will play a thief in the Outback in Animal Kingdom director David Michod’s futuristic western The Rover.

Guy Pearce has also been confirmed for the shoot, which will start in South Australia in late January next year.

Michod and producer Liz Watts scouted locations across SA, including the Flinders Ranges, earlier this month.

Flinders Ranges Mayor Peter Slattery said it would be a treat if Pattinson were in the region during the seven-week on-location shoot. Another two weeks will be shot at the Adelaide Studios.

“I daresay it would induce a bit of excitement in the area,” he said. “The spin-off effect is that the attention on them cross-promotes the area that we’re in. We certainly would be most enthused about him coming.”

Pattinson will have the choice of SA’s best Outback hospitality, from Wilpena Pound, luxury homestead Arkaba Station and Rawnsley Park Luxury Eco Villas to iconic tourist destination the Prairie Hotel in Parachilna.

The South Australian Film Corp has invested $450,000 in the project, which was approved in the latest round of Screen Australia funding.

The Rover’s overall funding budget is $12,250,000.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2012

Updated Info on the TimesTalks Q&A with Rob and David Cronenber...

The New York Times sent an update earlier today to those attending the TimesTalks Q&A with Rob and David Cronenberg on August 15th.

Dear Friend of The New York Times:

Thank you for purchasing a ticket(s) to the August 15 TimesTalks with David Cronenberg and Robert Pattinson. At this time, we would like to remind you of our standard event policies:

Camping outside the venue overnight is not permitted. The area outside The TimesCenter is private property and building security will remove anyone who remains overnight on the property.
The doors to the lobby of The TimesCenter will open early for this event, at 4pm, and patrons may queue up at this time. We encourage you to arrive no earlier than 4pm.
Doors to the theater will open at 6pm. Only ticketed patrons will have access to the lobby and theater of The TimesCenter.
Any photography, video and/or audio recording are strictly prohibited in the theater. Violators may be subject to removal.
- This event is being filmed and Webcast live on new.livestream.com/nytimes. Video of the event will be available on demand, also at new.livestream.com/nytimes.

We will not have a live audience Q&A for this event.

We are, however, accepting questions in advance. Our moderator will choose a select number of these questions to read to Mr. Cronenberg and Mr. Pattinson during the interview. If you wish to submit a question for consideration, please email TimesTalks@nytimes.com and please include your name and location.

Thanks to The Pattinson Profile
Source: RPL

http://d1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net/a8/c2f9b0dff411e1baf122000a1d0..." width="680"/>

http://d1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net/a5/ac2420dff111e1baf122000a1d0..." width="680"/>

Do remember to read the comments at the end of the page of the article.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/exclusive-new-images-of-robe...

Hi PEI

I do plan to see this one so I read the book.  It is a very interesting story and a very quick read.  You can read it in about three/four hours.  I think you or someone did provide a summary earlier and it is very much on the mark; however, if you do not read the summary or the book, it may be hard to follow without some kind of frame.  While it is not my normal style, I did find it quite interesting and saw immediately the value of turning it into a film.  If Pattinson plays this role as written, I agree with those who saw it as being award worthy.  This character is very complexed and to bring him to life will require depth.  This story places Rob in the same role Kristen has as Bella....having to bring the mind of the character to life.  It is Eric Packers' mindset that tells the story.  It was not a book that I would normally pick up to read and it is not one I would read again, but like I said, I wanted context as I plan to see it.   Thanks for the info!

Bid on Rob’s artwork on auction for 'Home Plate Project'!

Rob’s Artwork On Auction For ‘Home Plate Project‘
Rob’s drawing on pencil is named ‘Unfinished City’.

To bid on the artwork click HERE. Bidding ends August 31st!

More about Rob's involvemnent
- Rob drew the artwork by pencil on a real, wooden, home plate. The plate was painted white and you can see the smudge marks by Rob from the pencil. 
- Rob drew the artwork about 6 weeks ago. 
- Rob's assistant, Jeff, knows one of the team members and asked Rob to participate. Rob was excited to do so. 
- The home plate by Rob also comes with an autographed photo that Rob gave to help with legitimacy. 

Learn more about the Home Plate Project HERE and follow @HomePlateProjec

How talented he is =)... That is beautiful. Thankyou so much for sharing this here, I don't believe I have seen any of his art. I don't think he wil have a problem at all with getting it sold!

Your welcome! I know. This is really stunning. :) The perfect Edward he is!

Robert Pattinson, The Artist! Bid on his artwork, 'Unfinished City'...

Robert Pattinson, The Artist! Bid on his artwork, 'Unfinished City', for a worthy cause with the Arizona Diamondbacks!

UPDATE 4: The dimension for the home plate are 15.5 x 15.5 and the picture is 4 x 6. Also, bidding has reached $3000. :)
UPDATE 3: MORE pics and details in a new post HERE. Bidding is at $2525!
UPDATE 2: Current bid - $2000 :))
UPDATEBefore posting, the bid was at $150. Within an hour of this post, it went to $1000. Power of Rob :) His home plate is now the highest bid on the Home Plate Project's website.

Remember this?

Photobucket 

It was only a matter of time before RenaissanceRob shared his artistic side again on canvas...er....home plate.

Home Plate Project has an auction going on with several celebrities offering up their artwork on a home plate. Rob was one of those celebs and here's the awesome work!

Unfinished City by Robert Pattinson

Photobucket 

More pics HERE. Click HERE to bid on the artwork. Bidding ends August 31st!

Is your heart swelling yet? Wait...there's more!
I reached out to one of the organizers from Home Plate Project (@homeplateprojec) and Tim gave me more information about this awesome, one-of-a-kind, artpiece by Rob!
  • Rob drew the artwork by pencil on a real, wooden, home plate. The plate was painted white and you can see the smudge marks by Rob from the pencil. 
  • Rob drew the artwork about 6 weeks ago. 
  • Rob's assistant, Jeff, knows one of the team members and asked Rob to participate. Rob was excited to do so. 
  • The home plate by Rob also comes with an autographed photo that Rob gave to help with legitimacy. 
  • The home plate is currently being displayed at the Arizona Diamondbacks HQ alongside the Diamondbacks' CEO, Derrick Hall's home plate contribu.... Tim said they wanted to display the plates that would get the most attention for the cause. :') 
Tim is sending over more photos of Unfinished City as well as a close up of the autograph and the signed photo from Rob. He was a really sweet guy and said that he hoped the rare artwork from Rob would help their cause. Little did they know the power of Rob was about to be unleashed ;)

Want to know more about the Home Plate Project?
The D-backs Give Back League is a program designed for Arizona Diamondbacks employees to contribute toward the community. We are an independent co-worker coalition, acting beyond any scope of employment with the Arizona Diamondbacks.  
The Home Plate Project is a fundraiser for local non-profits. The idea of the program is to get members of the Arizona community to decorate home plates that will be provided to them. The plates will then be put on-line here for auction. Participants are encouraged to decorate their plate any way they like that shows their personality, their company’s personality, mission, what they do or just any fun idea they choose. They may paint the plate, attach crafts, apply a photo or again; any way they want to creatively use the space. There is one rule; be creative!!!  
For the first year, the Home Plate Project will benefit Ozanam Manor. Ozanam Manor is a local non-profit that helps people with transitional housing. They specialize in helping people over 50-years old who are homeless, or other people with a handicap due to illness or disease, regain their pride and get back on their feet. Many are U.S. Veterans. The money raised from this project will help renovate areas of their building, which was built in the 1930s, and other needs like a storage shed. Ozanam Manor has a success rate of 75% and they need more funding and volunteer help to continue their impressive success rate. Our team will be hands-on helping with projects or other ways like running a “Toiletry Drive” so residents have the things we take for granted each day. You can learn more about this impressive organization by clicking HERE.
Do you love Rob more or what??? Thank you, lifeloveartfilm, for the heads up on this awesome Rob news!
Source: Robsessed

David Cronenberg talks about Robert Pattinson and ‘Cosmopolis’ with The Village Voice  

David Cronenberg talks about Rob & Cosmopolis’ with The Village Voice!
Similarly, another key change to the book’s narrative came when Cronenberg cast Pattinson, who, perhaps appropriately, plays a young hotshot who’s prematurely contemplating his own obsolescence. Cronenberg said that he never really talked to Pattinson about the film’s main themes or what Eric symbolized. Instead, he said Pattinson was more concerned with whether Cronenberg thought he was good enough to play Eric. ”We didn’t discuss any of these abstract things,” Cronenberg recounted. “You can’t shoot an abstraction. You cannot photograph an abstraction. And likewise, an actor cannot act an abstraction. You can’t say to an actor, ‘You will be the embodiment of American capitalism.’”
Read the full article at the source
Source: ToR

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service