The Twilight Saga

I thought that it would be nice to have a place to post anything relating to Robert Pattinson without worry of crossing the boundaries of the discussion.  Feel free to add anything that you think might be of interest to other fans.

Tags: Pattinson, Robert

Views: 30193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More HQ pics of Rob, Taylor and Kristen at the Breaking Dawn Part 2 in Madrid   

Here are more HQ pics. Find the rest HERE

More after the jump!

Source: ToR

No Photo Left Behind: More HQs of Robert Pattinson and co from Madr...

No Photo Left Behind: More HQs of Robert Pattinson and co from Madrid Press Conference

Photobucket

• Click HERE if you miss the Madrid presscon video
  • Click HERE and HERE if you missed earlier pictures

MORE HQ pics after the cut

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2012

'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' Berlin Premiere

For pictures of Rob, Kristen and Taylor after the premiere click HERE

*VIDEO* Rob talks about ‘The Rover’ and ‘Mission: Blacklist’ with MTV’s Joshua Horowitz   

Here’s a short clip of Rob talking about his new movie project ‘The Rover’ and ‘Mission: Blacklist’ with MTV’s Joshua Horowitz:

CLICK HERE or the image to watch:

From MTV:

As ”Twilight” fades into the rearview mirror, Robert Pattinson’s future is looking very bright. Well, that’s not entirely true — when looking at one of Pattinson’s upcoming projects, ”The Rover,” the future actually looks pretty bleak.

Pattinson stars alongside Guy Pearce in director David Michod’s “The Rover,” a futuristic Western set in the Australian desert. Pearce stars as Eric, a no-nonsense loner who loses his car and only remaining possessions when he’s robbed by a gang. Eric forcefully enlists one of the abandoned and wounded gang members, Rey (Pattinson), to help him track down the gang and get his belongings back at any cost. It’s a complicated and dangerous plot indeed, but it’s also one that Pattinson is more than happy to embrace.

“It’s a really tough script,” he told MTV News while promoting “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2.” “I don’t really know, I don’t even know how to talk about it yet. It’s one of the best I’ve read. It’s one of my top five favorite scripts I’ve read since I started doing this. It’s really nerve-racking.”

Nerve-racking as “The Rover” is, it pales in comparison to the real-life dangers presented by ”Mission: Blacklist,” Pattinson’s upcoming war movie based on the true story of Army interrogator Eric Maddox, who was involved in the capture of Saddam Hussein. The role requires Pattinson to film in Iraq, which understandably made his family members uncomfortable at first — but the actor thinks his loved ones are beginning to warm up to the idea.

“My parents seem to be coming around to it now,” he said with a laugh. “That’s strange. I don’t know what happened.”

source

Robert Pattinson is the one to watch in film because the surface is...

Robert Pattinson is the one to watch in film because the surface is just being scratched

I enjoyed a few articles that were talking about the future for the Twilight cast and Rob's future made me proud and excited. It's a new era for him and it's going to be awesome to watch it unfold.

Photobucket
Excerpt from the AP via Seattle Times:
Pattinson has made some of the most daring and impressive choices of the three of them. Before being cast as the swoony vampire Edward Cullen, the lanky British actor appeared in another blockbuster franchise as Hogwarts student Cedric Diggory in 2005's "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." In 2009, he played Salvador Dali in the barely seen "Little Ashes," and last year he starred opposite Reese Witherspoon in the circus romance "Water for Elephants" - although Associated Press reviewer David Germain wrote there was "barely a spark" between the two. 
But Pattinson also has worked with the likes of David Cronenberg, starring this year in the acclaimed Canadian director's financial drama "Cosmopolis," which takes place almost entirely inside a limousine. And he'll soon work with Cronenberg again in "Maps to the Stars," and also begin shooting Werner Herzog's "Queen of the Desert." 
Jones says Pattison has wisely chosen to parlay his "Twilight" fame to collaborate with serious directors and actors. 
"He knows he has a certain box office appeal so the fangirls are going to see him no matter what he's in," she said. "People are willing to work with him the first time, they see all this potential he has, then they want to come back and work with him again." 
Constantinescu echoed those thoughts: "He's the one to watch for additional films down the line," he said. "We are just scratching the surface with Robert."
Excerpt from The Playlist:
Robert Pattinson
Before "Twilight": R-Patz had relatively few credits before he was R-Patz -- he was cut out of Mira Nair's "Vanity Fair," but bounced back with a major role as the ill-fated Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." A couple of small British TV roles and indies, "How To Be" and "Little Ashes," followed, most of which only really found audiences once he'd found success with the vampire franchise.
Chances Of Success After "Twilight": Strong creatively, but the financial success outside of "Twilight" has yet to come. The actor has found a huge female fanbase as a result of playing ageless vamp Edward Cullen, which helped Pattinson vehicles "Remember Me" and "Water For Elephants" find moderate success. Still, the Twihards mostly won't turn up for films outside the romantic weepie wheelhouse -- "Bel Ami" took a dreadful $120,000 earlier this year, and "Cosmopolis" didn't do much better, with a mere $750,000. 
Still, to his credit, those films are indicative of his desire to work with interesting filmmakers, and a willingness to stretch himself, and that's something that looks to continue. 
On the way, he has the apocalyptic thriller "The Rover," from "Animal Kingdom" director David Michod, "Man On Wire" helmer James Marsh's "Hold On To Me" with Carey Mulligan, a reunion with Cronenberg on "Maps To The Stars," and he's lined up to play T.E. Lawrence for Werner Herzog in period adventure "Queen Of The Desert," alongside Naomi Watts and Jude Law. They're all far from the obvious picks for a heartthrob, and even if the performances haven't necessarily wowed, we're sure he'll only continue to improve. But will his built-in audience stick around? A smart move might be to take something action/thriller-y targeted at the mainstream, to try and win a male following. Perhaps something like "American Assassin," which Chris Hemsworth just vacated.
Excerpt from VH1:
Robert Pattinson: Rob seems hellbent on defying any and every box you might want to place him in, post Twilight, so his range of projects is vast. In pre-production, he’s got Mission: Blacklist, in which he’ll play a military interrogator who helped find Saddam Hussein; Hold On to Me, in which he’ll play the love interest of Carey Mulligan, who’s plotting to kidnap the town’s richest guy; The Rover, about car thieves in the Australian Outback; and Queen of the Desert, about early-20th-century archaelogist Gertrude Bell (played by Naomi Watts). Then it looks like he’ll be re-teaming with Cosmopolis helmer David Cronenberg for something called Maps to the Stars. We’re breathless after just summarizing all that.
I'm going to like seeing mainstream take notice of Rob's talent more and more. The pigeon-holed him for so long and all his future roles will really let him explore untapped corners in his skill set. I know I don't need to ask you guys if you're as excited as I am because we've been saying these things in the articles for years. ;)
Source: Robsessed

Rumored script summary and details for Robert Pattinson's The Rover

Rumored script summary and details for Robert Pattinson's The Rover

Our reader in a recent blog post had the opportunity to read The Rover script and shared her thoughts. There are no serious spoilers with what she shared so the comments were fun to read. Her comments are in italics:

Photobucket
  • The main script summary: Imagine the old west - but instead of the past; its an downtrodden future where it seems hope is lost and everyone is clawing and clamoring to survive. A man (Eric) making his way through a seemingly lawless wasteland runs into trouble and gets sidetracked when his classic car is stolen. He has to deal with a number of odd characters while trying to get back on course. Rey, a somewhat troubled criminal, has his own journey to travel. Their paths intersect and a sort of friendship occurs. I won't say anymore. Don't want to cause any problems. Can't wait to see what Rob does with this character.
  • Characters in the film: Mostly men in it. Only 2 women's speaking roles (3 if you count the old woman speaking Chinese). 
  • Rey really is a departure from the typical Rob role and I think an excellent choice to break away from his heartthrob movie stereotype. Guys are gonna love this film!
  • I'm really looking forward to seeing Rob stretch his wings. After reading The Rover, I can say I'll probably be hiding my eyes for most of the film but the guys will love it. Great storyline and Rey is... well, going to be a fun part for Rob to play.
  • What type of movie is it: Lot of gunplay. (Guys will love it.) I wouldn't say thriller. It's a good read. And I imagine it will be a great movie.
  • Lead roles: Guy Pierce, if he is playing Eric, is the lead. Rey/Reynolds, the part Rob plays has the second most amount of screen time and is crucial to the movie.
  • Character descriptions: I remember Eric is in jeans and a tee. I think Rey and the other 3 from his gang were dressed similarly (the four of them are supposed to be Americans). They are definitely dusty and dirty. (I absolutely DO remember that Rey's shirt comes off a time or two.) The number of accents in this movie is going to be tough. Especially for English Rob who will be doing a Southern (U.S.) accent while speaking to an Aussie, surrounded by Cambodian and Mandarin Chinese. Testing his skills, indeed.
  • Answering the question if the future is sci-fi or more realistic: The depth of despair I felt while reading it came from realizing that this could very well be next week or next year. How easily life could be reset back to this kind of existence.
The movie continues to intrigue and mystify me. Probably because it's the one I know the least about. It's always like that, right? You're more curious about the unknown - the uncharted territory. I can't wait to see it. :)

Rob talks about how Twilight changed his life and new projects with...

How do you like the Twilight showdown?
When I first read the script I was pretty shocked. The ending with all its fights is rather untypical for Twilight. It’s going to be interesting.

Have you been interested in vampires beforehand?
Actually I’m not a fan of vampires at all, but of course I don’t have anything to object to them, too. Before shooting the first movie I did a lot of research, but I noticed quickly that there were hardly any similarities between Twilight and other vampires. Stephenie Meyer developed her very own imaginations in the books the movies are based on.

In what way has Twilight influenced your life?
Before the movies I didn’t really want to become an actor, but immediately I became famous and got recognized everywhere. After this success I could hardly do any other job, otherwise people would have asked me, what type of job I’d be doing there. Twilight has opened many doors for me and it made me look at my life in a different way.

The fans are looking forward to the highlight of the vampire-saga, but you’re also sad that it’s coming to an end. How are you feeling at this point?
I can relate to them. But right now I’m curious about how my life will continue without Twilight. Up to now I’ve returned from any other project back to Twilight. I’m curious about what my future will bring.

That sounds mysterious. Will you reveal where we’ll be seeing you next?
I’ve committed myself to about ten movies in the next year. Including “The Rover” with Guy Pearce. Then I’ll proceed with “Hold on to Me” where Carey Mulligan will be playing a femme fatale. Furthermore I’ll be playing with Naomi Watts and Jude Law in “Queen of the Desert” and after that I’ll be in “Maps of the Stars”, another movie by David Cronenberg.

Source | Translation - thanks to PattyStewBoneCity
Source: RPL

David Cronenberg Talks "Cosmopolis" & Robert Pattinson To Total...

David Cronenberg Talks "Cosmopolis" & Robert Pattinson To Total Film 

I don't know about you but I love to hear David Cronenberg talk about Rob and I can't wait to see them working together again. 

Photobucket 

Click for Larger

Were you happy with how Cosmopolis was received? 

No, I would've liked it to have made half a billion dollars at the box office! [laughs] The movie was received like an art film, which is to say it did OK in the big cities. Naturally you always want the biggest audience you can get, just as long as it doesn't cause you to compromise your moviemaking. 

Why did you cast Robert Pattinson as limo-riding antihero Eric Packer? 

Eric is in absolutely every scene, so you need an actor who is interesting and charismatic enough to look at for the entire movie. You want someone who can really come up with surprises and angles, and has a level of stardom that will support the movie. He also had to do a credible New York accent. All of that led me to Rob. (Kate: and we're so glad it did)

Source: Scan via Source

Pics of Robert Pattinson and Richard Gere at Arbitrage Luncheon in LA Today   

Here are some pics of Robert Pattinson and Richard Gere at the Arbitrage Luncheon in LA Today. 

pattinsonlife%20%283%29

More after the jump!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service