The Twilight Saga

I thought that it would be nice to have a place to post anything relating to Robert Pattinson without worry of crossing the boundaries of the discussion.  Feel free to add anything that you think might be of interest to other fans.

Tags: Pattinson, Robert

Views: 30148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice.....Rich Gere was one of my fav's back in the 80's....very intense actor....suited a lot of different roles.

Richard Gere was one of my favorites also Leanne.  Hard to believe that he is 63.  Breathless, American Gigolo, An Officer and A Gentleman.  Oh yeah this man had my attention.  What do they mean by Arbitrage luncheon?  I know that's the name of the movie that he's in.

sorry I haven't gotten back to ya Caramella....working waaaaay too much these days....*whimper* no tiem for fun.

As for the luncheon...no Idea, but wouldn't it be awesome if they were doing a movie together?...I haven

t read the rest of the posts yet so maybe they are?.......hmmmmmm....nice thought

Cosmopolis one of TIFF’s Top 10 Canadian Films of 2012 From Huffington Post

For the twelfth year running, the Toronto International Film Festival has named the top 10 Canadian films of the year.

The list has box office winners and festival circuit darlings alike, as chosen by a panel of seven filmmakers and industry professionals. The final list was announced Tuesday night at a Toronto gala, along with the year’s top 10 shorts.

cosmopolis-paul-giamatti-robert-pattinson

Cosmopolis

“In the cocoon of his limousine, a gazillionaire creeps across the city, searching for amusement and a haircut. The slow burn of David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis is initially unsettling (when is something going to happen?) but becomes delirious as the car crawls along

From TIFF.net

Source: ToR

*New* HQ Pics of Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner at the BD: Part II Premiere in Madrid   

Here are some new HQ pics of Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner at the Breaking Dawn: Part II premiere in Madrid. 

pattinsonlifemadridprem-35%20%2812%29

More after the jump! 

Source 

Scans and Rob interview with Seventeen Magazine – Latin America   

Do Taylor and you learn to love each other in this movie?

Sure! I give him my daughter! That’s love. You could even say this entire thing is a love story between Edward and Jacob.

What’s your favorite memory of this experience?

One time Peter stole a bike, it was hilarious! Or when we filmed in Brazil, it was like saying “We’ve done this for years and now we’re in Brazil,” Kristen and I were wearing bathing suits in front of 6,000 Brazilians with water guns and cameras.

What was happening?

We were filming in the jungle, we had to make out and pretend we were in a waterfall.

How do you deal with the paparazzi and the madness that follows you everywhere?

You learn to live with it. If you look at the cameras, the flashes blind you. You can’t even smile around these people.

This success came over too fast, did it make you grow up faster than people your age?

When you’re making movies like these, and there’s people waiting for you outside your hotels, you’re living a very unusual life. You’re actually scared of not being a normal person because you don’t get to meet new people very often. I don’t know if I’m growing faster than people my age. I don’t feel different than my friends. I’m just myself.

Do you believe in the power of love, a love that lasts a lifetime like in the movies?

Definitely, yes. It sounds cheesy, but I see it with my parents. My dad met my mom when she was 17 and they’re still happily together.

That’s not cheesy.

No, it’s rather cute, especially when most of the kids at my school had parents going through divorces. So it was great seeing my parents sticking together.

Do you ever get privacy anymore?

I can manage in London, actually. It’s so different. In America it’s much harder.

What’s been your biggest lesson so far? Has something happened that made you change the way you see things forever?

I believe in keeping your family and friends close, because they’ll treat you the same no matter what. Real relationships are not affected by whatever happens in life. Knowing that you’ll always keep something special no matter what happens is something that has made an impact in my life. That’s one of the biggest lessons I’ve received in life.

Read the full interview at the source

via RPLife | cover scan: Source: diariotwilight | Via: lasagarobsten | Via Gossip Dance

Scoot McNairy mentions Robert Pattinson and ‘The Rover’ in an interview with Moviefone   

Scoot+McNairy+Brad+Pitt+Cast+Killing+Them+LB26oRSH9oBl-horz

From Moviefone

So what’s next for you?

I work with David Michod, who did Animal Kingdom and is really close friends with Andrew Dominik. It’s with Guy Pearce and Rob Pattinson. It’s called The Rover.

Is it going to be as intense as Animal Kingdom

You know, I don’t know the direction in which David’s taking it, but it’s a futuristic western that takes place in the Australian Outback.

Can you talk about the character you play?

I play Rob’s brother. If I say anything else about  it, it gives it all away.

Read the rest of the interview here

James Marsh, ‘Hold on to Me’ director, talks about Robert Pattinson and the movie   

james marsh2-horz

[...] So if Marsh plans on filming this mini series, with no official title yet, next summer, where does this leave Hold on to Me, his project with Rob Pattinson and Carey Mulligan?

“It’s going well.” Marsh reassure us. “I think about starting the shoot at the beginning of 2013 if our funds are secure.”Often compared to ‘To Die For’ by Gus Van Sant because of its pitch (a beauty queen kidnaps and buries alive a man formoney), Marsh points out that he finds the comparison appropriate even though “Boogie Nights will also be a model to Hold on to Me, ton wise. It’s one of my favorite movies cause it goes from dark to humorous in a second. Hold on to Me will be a dark comedy. My documentaries had humour – at least i hope – whereas my fictional works were heavier. This one will be more high-spirited.” An opus that might change Marsh’s carreer since it stars Robert Pattinson. “Robert is interesting. He knows where he wants to go and he wants to work on projects that might help him shape himself, like Cosmopolis. He uses his fame and his energy to help people, like me, make interesting movies. He has a lot of potential. When we met I loved his attitude towards the cinema genre. He liked the script and talked to me about it in an intelligent way. He’s going to be a great asset for Hold on to Me and I hope that with him on board, it’ll round up tons of teenage girls in the movies theaters to corrupt them. *laughs*”

Finally, Marsh revealed to us the name of the actor he covets to complete the casting: “I would like to hire an actor from the show Girls, Adam Driver. He’s an amazing actor, not very well-known. It would end up forming such a great triangle with Robert and Carey.”

Full interview at Cinema Teaser (in French) | Via

Thanks, Irene! I love the photo of Richard Gere and Rob. It looks to me like before and after, what will Rob looks like when he's in the 60s. I wish they make a movie together. That would be awesome! 

So much for Rob to look forward to. Busy guy! But I think all this movies are great, only for a great and wonderful actor like Rob. I'm so excited!

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2012

David Cronenberg Talks About Working With Rob "He Surprised Me Ever...

Twilight vamp Robert Pattinson plays a bloodsucker of an altogether different kind – the Wall Street kind – in his new movie Cosmopolis, on Blu-ray and DVD New Year's Day, and the film's director David Cronenberg tells ETonline that he was actually quite impressed with what Rob brought to the table, and that after the baggage of casting -- once you get to that point when you're on set and cameras are rolling -- "Twilight is irrelevant."

"He surprised me every day with good stuff," says Cronenberg. "I don't do rehearsals, and I try not to shape the actor's performance at first. I want to see what his intuition is going to deliver. And then if there's a problem then I start to shape it, nudge it, manipulate it a little bit. I did very little of that with Rob."

Based on the novel by Don DeLillo, Cosmopolis follows one day in the wild life of multi-billionaire asset manager Eric Packer, who travels aimlessly through the streets of New York City in his limousine while conducting investment trading from the back seat. As the day progresses, it devolves into an odyssey with a cast of characters that start to tear his world apart.

"He absolutely would say to you right now, 'I had no idea what I was doing at any time,' and he would mean it,"says the veteran director of Rob's performance. "I think he really didn't realize how good he was. … He was surprising himself, but he was surprising me by his accuracy. It was just dead on. I mean, by the end of it we were doing one take. Honestly the whole last scene, the whole last shot in the movie with him and Paul [Giamatti] -- one take. And it's a long take as well. And it's very emotional, and very subtle. One take for both of them, it was so good. … In fact, we finished the shoot five days early, and a lot of that was due to Rob."

Of course, when Cronenberg first cast Rob, he had to overcome what he calls Twilight "baggage," explaining, "You often have to consider what we call baggage for an actor, and you have to decide whether it's a problem or not. I hate the idea of it because I know I'm going to be on the set with the guy at three in the morning shooting in the streets of Toronto, and none of that stuff is relevant. We're just two people trying to make the movie work. So his past performances, or his fame, or lack of it, or whatever the factor is, is at that point irrelevant. What's relevant only is what we can do creatively with each other.

"On the other hand, when you're financing a movie you have to have lead actors who have some weight and some substance and will attract investors so that you can get your movie financed, so it's a weird situation,"
 he continues. "Aside from the fact that yes, he was an exciting and interesting, surprising choice in terms of how investors viewed it -- and it worked because we got the financing for the movie -- after that Twilight is irrelevant, you know?"

What mattered most to Cronenberg was that his lead could carry the scene and had the proper charisma: "It starts very simply with is he the right age, does he have the right look, does he have the right presence onscreen?" he says."He is in absolutely every scene in the movie, and that's really quite rare. Even in a movie with Tom Cruise, you don't see Tom in every scene. But in this case you do, and so he has to have some charisma. You have to want to watch him for that long and that intensely, because I knew I was going to be crawling all over his face with the camera."

"Orifices are the entry and exit of our bodies, and that really talks about identity and where the boundaries of an individual identity end and where the environment begins," says a straight-faced Cronenberg, adding with a laugh, "I could do an academic analysis of my own movies, but that wouldn't help me create [my new] movies. … You could do that analysis and make those connections amongst the movies, and you'd be correct."

Source

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart may remake Richard Burton-Elizabeth Taylor movie 'The Sandpiper'

kristen-stewart-robert-pattinson-the-sandpiper-gi.jpg

"Twilight" stars and once-again off-screen couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are reportedly considering making another movie together -- and following in the footsteps of another famous Hollywood couple.

Pattinson and Stewart are mulling over the idea of starring in a remake of the 1965 film "The Sandpiper," which starred Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, according to Hollywood Life. The film, directed by Vincente Minnelli, is about a single mother (Taylor) who begins an affair with the married headmaster (Burton) of the school her son attends. Eva Marie Saint played Burton's wife in the movie.

Pattinson "recognizes there's a certain screen magic when he and Kristen are together," a "buddy" of the actor tells the site. The anonymous friend also takes a swipe at Stewart's fling with "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders: "Besides, there's less chance she'll get in trouble again."

"The Sandpiper" was a box-office hit thanks to the star power and scandal surrounding Burton and Taylor, but critics gave it pretty harsh reviews. The movie is probably best remembered now for its Oscar-winning original song "The Shadow of Your Smile."

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service