The Twilight Saga

I thought that it would be nice to have a place to post anything relating to Robert Pattinson without worry of crossing the boundaries of the discussion.  Feel free to add anything that you think might be of interest to other fans.

Tags: Pattinson, Robert

Views: 30804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you JJ.  However, I am not going to speculate about these two.  Heaven knows that they have been manipulating and playing with the press for a long time.

Robert Pattinson Digital Art 4

Cool

^^

Chef Brendon O'Brien & Robert Pattinson at The Rover Wrap Party

Chef Brendon O’Brien & Robert Pattinson at The Rover Wrap Party

Thanks,Pei ^^

You are welcome. ^^ He seemed so casual and relaxed.

OU alumnus responsible for capture of Saddam Hussein returned to speak

Evan Baldaccini, The Oklahoma Daily 8:09 p.m. March 28, 2013

OU alumnus and the man responsible for the process of finding and capturing Saddam Hussein had a story, advice and opinions to share on Wednesday.

“What I’m about to tell you is not the opinion of the United States Army, it is the opinion of Eric Maddox,” he said.

Eric Maddox - interrogator, author and OU alumnus explained the process of finding and capturing Saddam Hussein and detailed the dilemmas he faced to about 300 people in Oklahoma Memorial Union’s Molly Shi Boren Ballroom. The audience ranged from students to faculty to Maddox’s father.

“My faith plays an absolute role in every single thing I do,” Maddox said.

A devout Christian who had planned on going to law school after graduating from OU, Maddox decided to change his plans during a run near his hometown of Sapulpa.

“I joined the army because I was running in Tulsa between semesters, and I heard a voice that said, ‘you need to be an airborne ranger,’” Maddox said.

After talking with his dad about what he would have done differently with his life, Maddox said he decided he needed to be an airborne ranger.

Maddox shared the story of the steps leading to the capture of Hussein in chronological order, only leaving out “little bitty elements” he was asked not to discuss due to the classified nature of these elements.

This same story is encapsulated in his book, “Mission: Blacklist #1,” on which a movie will be based starring Robert Pattinson, who will play Maddox.

“Somebody wants to make a movie about my story - it’s very exciting,” Maddox said.

Maddox said he has already met and gotten to know Pattinson.

“He’s a great guy,” Maddox said. “When they brought his name up to me, I had never heard of him before. I don’t believe in vampire movies and stories. I just didn’t know who he was.”

Maddox said he wore a single blue shirt for months in his search for Hussein, with no other changes of clothes. The shirt has a bigmouth bass embossed on it, Velcro pockets and bloodstains.

“I’ve still got it [the shirt.] I think Rob is gonna wear it in the movie,” Maddox said.

Maddox had to wait five years to tell his story and write the book due to the U.S. government preferring to keep it classified, he said.

“Since then, the United States government wanted me to endorse the movie, and wanted me to say who I am and what I do,” he said.

While having accomplished the feat of capturing Hussein, Maddox said he wanted to stay very humble about his accomplishment. He compared himself to an Oklahoma State University football player, Barry Sanders, who was very humble about his talent on the football field.

“I told myself, ‘you’re gonna be Barry Sanders about this - you’re not gonna be anything but completely humble,’” Maddox said.

Maddox also explained what characteristics make good interrogators.

“I love to listen to people talk. If you like to do that too, you possibly might be a good interrogator,” Maddox said. “You also have to be self-critiquing to be a good interrogator - ‘what did I do to screw that up? And what can I do better?’”

Maddox said the most valuable thing he learned at OU was the importance of the friends and the relationships he built.

“I’m a Sooner, and anyone who has known me for more than 10 minutes knows it,” he said. “I hope I have represented my school well, but it is a responsibility. So the day you graduate, realize you’re carrying that weight, and with that, I look forward to you all becoming Oklahoma Sooners.”

One student was struck by the thought that someone who walked the same campus as she does went on to have such an impact on the world.

“Seeing someone who went to the same school, walked down the same halls and experienced the same things and then went on and did something great for your country — I think that’s really inspiring,” said Alexis Taitel, international studies junior and president of the Campus Activities Council Speakers’ Bureau, which organized the lecture.

University College freshman Devin Turnham said she was surprised by Maddox’s humility.

“I loved his commitment to the university, and it’s good to hear from someone who’s gone and done really great things and is still willing to come back and come back with humility,” Turnham said.

Robert Pattinson replaces Jude Law as new face of Dior Homme fragrance

Written by Smith Cox on June 13, 2013

New York, Jun 13: Robert Pattinson has been named as the latest face of Dior Homme fragrance, French Luxury house Christian Dior has confirmed.

The 27-year-old Hollywood heartthrob is set to star in a new campaign for the brand, which will be hitting magazines and TVs screens soon, the New York Daily News reported.

Dior said in a statement picked by Guardian that they are excited to announce that Pattinson will be joining the privileged circle of Dior faces.

The company asserted that the new ads have been photographed by American artist Nan Goldin and filmed by French director Romain Gavras, adding that the new Dior Homme communication campaign is currently broadcast exclusively in Europe (except UK) and Asia (except China and Japan). (ANI)

Cool! Wish I can get my hands on a copy of the magazine.

Look forward to the advertisement very very much. ^^

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service