The Twilight Saga

After the heart jarring ending of Poisonous Flames, you probably want to know what happens to all the characters.

That is why life invented sequels.

Dan takes Alyssa to the healers, and we meet the all famous Charisma Timms's brother!

Jared is back! And so is Agnes, and they will be up to their old tricks ; ).

Will Dylan find love in this one?

The world may never know if you don't read. =)

Views: 418

Replies to This Discussion

Everyone is their own worst critic I guess. =)

true lol :)

Jared definitely has an agenda! What kind of problems is he trying to cause now? There are still some strong opinions on both sides of the argument, and now there seems to be division in the ranks of the good guys. Will he try to take advantage of that (and maybe of Alyssa, who reminds him of Cassia), or does he somehow have a soft spot for her? There are so many possibilities! I am sure now that the trial ended in such an unexpected way, things are only starting to get complicated! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Yes, I can tell you Jared is planning something for himself.

You are VERY close my friend with one of your predictions. I don't want to say which one.

Things will be more complicated, and may be for better or worse, I shouldn't say=)

Thanks for reading!

Chapter Four; Cassia’s Jared

Third Person POV

Twenty Years Ago

When a killer sights his prey, it can be deadly for both the prey and the killer. When the killer realizes his true nature, he is sorrowful, but yet he remains evil for life. A hunter uses prey to feed a family. But a killer is different. A killer feasts on it himself.

Jared rolled his eyes at the book he was reading. The killer isn’t selfish if he has a purpose. Yes, his killings were selfish, but what if he was doing it for love? Or for respect. Maybe those were just his thoughts, his dumb thoughts.

He looked over at Cassia from a distance. She was just beautiful. Not to mention smart. Could he be in love with her? No. Jared assured himself at a young age that he couldn’t fall in love. It was just “weak” as his father said at one point. It was no wonder his father left his mother.

But yet, when she wasn’t around, Jared found himself very depressing. It’s like he knew that he could just stop thinking one day and be with her. But he’d make a mistake along the way. Withers men have a history of never being happy.

The bell rang, and everyone seemed relieved. “Thank goodness,” Mason groaned to Jared, and then he walked away. Though he was one of his friends, Jared always found Mason a tad annoying.

Cassia looked frustrated leaving the classroom. So Jared decided to follow her. At her locker, Cassia put her head in her hands. She looked so tired.

“Cassia, are you alright?” Jared asked her, really worrying about her.

“No. Get the nurse Jared, please.” She begged, but she didn’t want to talk. Sweat was pouring all over her. He looked back for a second, but then Jared ran to the nurse’s office.

The nurse and Jared rushed to Cassia, Dennis and Hazel not far behind.

“What’s going on?” The nurse asked Cassia.

“My throat is sore and my head hurts like hell.” Cassia coughed, and everyone was scared for her.

“Okay, when did this start?” The nurse was the only calm one.

“In the middle of skills class, why?” She asked.

“You might have an allergy, that’s all.” The nurse said.

“Oh, well isn’t that great?” Cassia said under her breath. The nurse looked up at Jared.

“Do you mind walking her to my office? I’ll give you a late pass to your next class. Dennis, Hazel, head to your classes please.” The nurse said, and everyone obeyed. The nurse started walking to Adam Ravener’s office, to let him know what was going on.

“Okay, put your arm over my neck, okay?” Jared was sweating as well, he was really nervous. Cassia nodded, and lifted her arm. Jared helped her up and began walking slowly.

“Are you alright? Am I going too fast?” Jared asked her.

“No, you’re fine, unlike me apparently.” Cassia half smiled for a second.

Finally, Jared and Cassia walked through the open door of the nurse’s office. Jared slowly and gently let Cassia slip onto the cot so that the nurse could take a look at her.

“Thanks,” Cassia whispered to him, and he smiled.

“Anytime,” He answered, and took his late pass from the nurse.

Jared shut the door slowly. He looked back for a second.

He was in love with her.

Two days later, everyone was awaiting Cassia’s arrival to the Academy, Jared being most anxious. When she really did walk into the doors of the lunchroom, everyone sort of jumped.

“I have an allergy to wasps, Underworld wasps to be specific. I got a sting before life skills, so that’s why I got the attack.” Cassia said, and sat down as if it were nothing. She smiled lightly at Jared, and turned to the growing crowd behind her. She faked a sneeze.

“Oh man! I think I’m allergic to all of you!” She said sarcastically, and most began to leave.

“So, how is it to be back?” Hazel asked.

“Wonderful. I convinced Dennis to do most of my homework, and I’m excused from a few tests due to my injury.” Cassia half smiled.

“That’s great.” Hazel said.

“Eh, I can’t wait for the old schedule of things to return. I can’t stand all of these people following me around, and I hate being the sarcastic you know what. That’s Madeira Clarke’s job.” Cassia shrugged.

“Well, I’d better go. Edward’s probably waiting for me.” Hazel rolled her eyes.

“Good luck getting that one off your back. It just might take marriage.” Cassia winked, and Hazel sighed and walked away.

“So, Jared,” Cassia made him jump. “Thanks, by the way. I have to admit until then I wouldn’t have done the same for you.” Cassia half smiled again.

“Anytime,” Jared answered.

“Don’t worry; I don’t plan on having an allergy attack again anytime soon.” Cassia smiled fully.

“Well, we both remember that moment we had at that party. I guess that’s what I was thinking of when I helped you out.” Jared said honestly.

“Oh I remember,” Cassia chuckled. “Best kiss of my life.” She looked down and smiled at her feet.

“How about a reenactment?” Jared laughed, and Cassia kissed him.

They didn’t stop. It lasted a long time. Cassia’s new “fan club” surrounded them, but neither of them cared.

This was love, and lovers didn’t care if kisses lasted seconds, or forever.

Well, it's nice to finally see a softer side of Jared.

There were a few hints about the other characters as well.

The next chapter is back to Alyssa and Dan.

Spoiler: James will be back.

And you'll find out what Jared wants in return for his vote...

Leave your comments, questions, and predictions.

-Nikki

awww bless :) so sweet. Ha And people say bad boys can't be nice. you proved them wrong lol

XD Thanks for reading.

no prb :)

Some interesting insights into Jared's psyche! I wonder how this will influence the rest of his decisions...

Chapter Five; Father of the Demon Hunter

Alyssa’s POV

I shook my head and I walked out of the courtroom. Dan followed behind me. I heard footsteps, but I didn’t want to turn around.

“This is sick.” I grumbled to myself. I never wanted to “owe” Jared anything, but now I owe him a lifetime of happiness.

“I agree.” Dan spoke lowly.

Edward and Hazel walked by, and Edward stopped to talk to us. I crossed my arms.

“You know what sickens me the most Edward? The fact that Jared Withers, the man who killed me once, is more supportive than the man who practically raised me.” I said.

“I did it for your protection.” Edward began, but I stopped his thought.

“No. You did it because you wanted things to go back to the way they were, because no matter what the hell happens to Jared, all you want is things to go back to normal. You want all of your children under your noses, no matter how unhappy they are. But guess what? You aren’t my father. My father is a ghost, but there is a way to revive him. That is to kill Jared. Whether you like it or not, that is exactly what I’m going to do.” I shouted, and I rushed away.

I sighed, and I looked back, only to find Dan and Dylan, my only true friends through the process. Dylan bit his lip. He didn’t want to look weak, especially not in front of Dan or me. I could tell. He walked over and hugged me.

“I thought you were dead.” Dylan’s voice shook.

It was a long silence after that. Dylan had always been like a little brother, and it felt like he really matured. I looked at the door, and a ghostly figure came through it, my father. He sighed with relief when he saw me.

Meanwhile, Edward and Hazel were in awe as well.

“James?” Hazel asked.

“Hazel,” My father half smiled.

“How are you—” Edward began.

“Corporeal? I’m stuck in the astral plane, but I got out when Sophie summoned me, and I guess I’m completely corporeal in the Underworld.” My father answered, and I remembered that in Jared’s mansion he was translucent. But now he was completely normal.

Dan and Dylan looked at me.

“Well, we’d better go.” Dylan half smiled.

“Yeah, you guys probably have some catching up to do.” I sighed, and then the three of us walked out the door.

We saw Marissa and Daphne. Where were Lily and Ada? I assumed they were still inside.

“Hey! Congrats you two!” Marissa hugged Dan first, then me.

“Thanks,” I half smiled, and Daphne smiled back.

“Are you sure Jared’s the evil one?” Daphne chuckled, and I smiled.

“Well, you guys are probably tired.” Melissa commented. “Alyssa, did you ever meet your mother’s cousin, Dennis?” She asked.

“No. Edward never mentioned him.” I answered.

“Well, I’m sure your now corporeal father would love to see him! They were close friends.” Melissa said.

“Dennis still lives in the Underworld?” My father was behind us.

“Yeah, he and a few others came back after Jared and the dark demon hunters left.” Melissa smiled.

My father led the way through the town of Evane to a large mansion. It was in fact the Weiss mansion. “Mom grew up here?” I asked my father.

“Yeah, I think she was disappointed to move to the Academy.” My father joked.

We knocked at the door, and someone answered right away. It was a man who looked like a thirty year old Ron Weasley. He stared at us for a long time.

“James?” He asked unsure. “You’re alive?” Dennis asked.

“No. Stuck in the astral plane.” My father answered.

“Good for you.” Dennis spoke sarcastically and it made my father chuckle. Dennis looked at me. “Are you Alyssa?” He asked, somewhat surprised.

“Yeah,” I answered.

“Whoa, you’re like a feminine replica of your father! You speak similar to your mother though.” He smiled. “Daniel, right? You were my aunt’s shadow watcher correct? Cassia’s mother, Lisa Weiss?” Dennis asked, I looked at Dan with a surprised expression.

“Yeah, she was my first official demon hunter. They started assigning them when she was twelve.” Dan answered.

“What a coincidence that you two are lovers. You’re why my middle name’s Daniel, Lisa convinced my mother.” Dennis smiled at us.

“Oh wow, I didn’t know I was so loved.” Dan said.

“I can’t believe I didn’t think of that,” My father said. “Cassia always said if she had a son she’d name him Dan.” My father nodded his head, remembering my mother.

“Small world,” Dennis said. “Anyway come in.”

The Weiss mansion was bigger than Jared’s home, and that was rough to say. Everything was black and white, even the photos on the bookshelves. There were a bunch of photos of my mother and Dennis, and my father. But in one photo of my mother—that Dan noticed too—someone was cut out. You could tell, because someone messed up on the cutting in the middle.

“Who was cut out?” Dan asked, looking at the picture. Dennis sighed.

“Jared,” Dennis looked down. I looked at Dan. I remembered that Jared had the same exact photo in his room, except no one was cut out.

“Funny, I could swear Jared had the same picture in his room!” Dylan finally spoke. My father bit his lip.

“He did?” Dennis asked.

“Yeah, Cassia’s making the same exact facial expression in them. There’s another picture of them kissing—”

“Dylan!” I said through my teeth finally.

“He actually kept those?” Dennis asked, slightly surprised.

“A whole wall of them,” Dylan said, making a challenging face at me.

“Not one of Madeira?” Dennis asked.

“Nope,” Dylan answered. Dan looked at me, and it was like we read each other’s minds.

“I have a plan.” I said out loud. Dan smiled.

“What about?” Dennis asked.

“We have to bring Cassia back, and I’ll need Jared’s help unfortunately.” I said.

“That’s almost crazy Alyssa.” It was Marissa who spoke.

“Not quite,” I looked back at Dan. “I’ll explain on the way.”

Then, we were out the door.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

So, an interesting turn of events?

Dennis is alive, he is an important character later =)

Well, Alyssa may have figured out what she owes Jared,

or maybe what she owes herself....

Leave your questions, predictions, and comments.

-Nikki

wow intresting :) I wonder what they plan to do now with Jared with his help I mean lol, I loved the Ron Weasley Comment lol

Hmm, we shall see....

Yeah, that one I found HILARIOUS. I was watching Harry Potter movies while writing, and I remembered Dennis has red hair, so it came to me, XD.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service