The Twilight Saga

Welcome, I can't wait to get started!

I'm Claire, the person that will be leading this class this term!

We will be focusing on text in GIMP this term. 

This term we will learn things beginning from downloading fonts to gradients, to patterns to embossing them and much more!

I'm going to try my hardest to teach you all something that you didn't already know.

I know I'm not the best with text, or anything else for that matter, but I'll do what I can!

Name: Claire

Username: Claire J. Darling

Favorite Font(s): Celine Dion Handwriting, Optimus Princepts, Clemente, Riddle

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Paramore, Nellie Veitenheimer, The Glee Cast, Ellie Goulding, Florence + the Machine, Karmin, He Is We.

Favorite TV Program(s): Glee, The Glee Project, Sailor Moon, Gossip Girl, Once Upon A Time.

Favorite Movie(s): Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Girl Interrupted, Howl's Moving Castle.

Celebrity Crush: Darren Criss, <3

Link to Gallery: Claire Bear's Gallery

Name: Ashlii |or Ash|

Username: Ashlii Reckless Hepburn

Favorite Font(s): Mistral

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Sleeping with Sirens ; Motionless in White ; Asking Alexandria

Favorite TV Program(s): Big Bang Theory ; Bones ; pretty much anythign on ID

Celebrity Crush: Kellin Quinn ; Andy Biersack ; Ben Bruce

Link to Gallery: My Gallery :)

Name:Courtney

Username: music.is.freedom<3

Favorite Font(s): jane austen, segoe script, and another one something with brush in it lol

Favorite Band/Artist(s): A Day To Remember, There For Tomorrow, Maroon 5, Pierce The Veil ,and thats just the main ones:)

Favorite TV Program(s):The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds and Impractical Jokers

Celebrity Crush: <3 Jeremy McKinnon <3 Chris Kamrada <3 Neil Westfall <3 Vic Fuentes

Link to Gallery:Courtney's Graphic Gallery =)

Name:Elena

Username:A Thousand Years

Favorite Font(s):Santos Dumont, Celine Dion Handwriting,Tract, Jane Austen,Signerica Fat,Today, K22 Monastic, Peach Sundress,Mayflower Antique

Favorite Band/Artist(s):Florence+The Machine, Demi Lovato, Bruno Mars,Glee, Paramore,Katy Perry, Taylore Swift

Favorite TV Program(s):The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Hollywood Heights, The Secret Circle

Celebrity Crush:Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley

Link to Gallery:Elena's Gallery

Now the questions below will not be put up top, they are simply for me to know a little about your graphic making experience this far.

What do you really want to learn about text?How to make it pop and blend well with banners

Do you already have GIMP downloaded?Yes

Have you ever downloaded a font before?Yes

Name: Juliee 

Username:Romance is my Fiction 

Favorite Font(s): Katy Berry, OptimusPrincepsSemiBold, Desigers, Jellyka Delicious Cake, and Jenna Sue.

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Taylor Swit, Sweet thing, Ingrid Michaelson, katy perry, and maroon 5.

Favorite TV Program(s): Vampire diaries, 18 to life, raising hope, ghost lab, ghost whisper, Physic, monk,

Wizards of Waverly place, Say yes to the dress, and Law and order (SVU).

Celebrity Crush: Steven R. McQueen

Link to Gallery:Enchanted Spice

Name: Nikki

Username: n i k k i (of TTS)

Favorite Font(s): Jane Austen, Celine Dion Handwriting, Mayflower Antique, Optimus Princeps, Foghliten No04

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Paramore, Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Cassadee Pope, Sia, Birdy, Glee, Karmin

Favorite TV Program(s): Charmed, Buffy, Angel, Once Upon a Time, TGP, Glee, Gossip Girl, Modern Family, AGT, Idol, DWTS, TVD

Celebrity Crush: Paul Wesley from TVD and Michael Weisman from TGP

Link to Gallery: Nikki's Gallery

Name: Rachel

Username:♥Rachel♥

Favorite Font(s): Aquarelle, Sverige Sript, Handwriting, Tract, Celine Dion Handwriting, Before the Rain, Jane Austen, Denasprint...

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Florence and the Machine, Paramore, The Pretty Reckless, Demi Lovato, Maroon 5, 30 Seconds to Mars, Hey Monday, Selena Gomez and the Scene...

Favorite TV Program(s): Glee, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Hart of Dixie, The Secret Circle...

Celebrity Crush: Taylor Lautner, Alex Pettyfer, Zayn Malik, Nathan Sykes, Hugh Jackman, Boo Boo Stewart...

Link to Gallery: Rachel's Graphic Gallery

Name:Sara.

Username:Beyond♥The♥Eyes

Favorite Font(s):Hawii Killer,Summer, and more

Favorite Band/Artist(s):GLEE!,Taylor Swift,Downtown Fiction,Hunter Hayes.

Favorite TV Program(s):Glee,Glee Project,Bh 90210,One Tree Hill.

Celebrity Crush:Sean Faris :) Alexander Skarsgard

Link to Gallery:http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/twilightgraphicsbannersandtutorial...

Name: Taniya

Username: HeartStealer™

Favorite Font(s): Callie Hand, Before the Rain, Anatomy, Everyday Ghost, Vanessa

Favorite Band/Artist(s): All Time Low, A.N. Jell, Maroon 5, The Script, Ariana Grande

Favorite TV Program(s): TVD, PPL, You're Beautiful, Jane by Design, Heartstrings

Favorite Book(s): Fallen Series, Books from Wattpad, Tithe, The Lucky One, Spells, Wings

Celebrity Crush: Booboo Stewart, Channing Tatum

Link to Gallery: Not yet

Views: 2715

Replies to This Discussion

Awe. How sweet. <3

This is gorgeous girly!

Thanks so much Claire!

No problem girly! =D

Hey all!

It's time for Finals!!!

There is no form for you guys to fill out this year, you just have to post a "Before" banner (from before I was you mentor) and an "After" banner (recent work) in this discussion ---> GMPG Term Four Finals

Nikki said that if you would like to insert a little blurb about the term into your reply to the discussion you can do that as well.

Now, I would like to ask a favor of all of you before this term is officially and completely done with.

If you guys could fill out this form:

Name:

Favorite lesson:

Did I learn anything:

If so, what:

How can Claire improve:

Anything else you would like to tell Claire:

It will tell me how I can improve the next time I am a mentor and I'd really like to hear all of your opinions. 

Thank you all for being such wonderful pupils!

I will not be returning as a mentor next term though, simply because I can't promise lessons with all the business of school.

Thanks again guys!

-Claire. <3

Name:Juliee

Favorite lesson: The Shirking Text Lesson

Did I learn anything: Yes A lot!

If so, what: A millon new ways to make my Text stand out on banners

How can Claire improve:I have no advice for that I loved your class the way it was. 

Anything else you would like to tell Claire:Your awesome Girlie!

Name:Elena

Favorite lesson:Pattern text from texture lesson (I dont know the exact name XD)

Did I learn anything:Yes! So so much!

If so, what:A bunch of ways to make text fun and quirky instead of boring and blah :)

How can Claire improve:There are no ways I can think of that Claire can improve. Claire did a fantabulous job!

Anything else you would like to tell Claire:Claire....you are awesome!

Name: Nikki

Favorite lesson: The Embossing One

Did I learn anything: I did. I remembered a lot of techniques I'd forgotten.

If so, what:The blurry text I didn't remember how to do, but because of this class I remembered it.

How can Claire improve: You're flawless girlie =D

Anything else you would like to tell Claire: You're amazing!!

Ohp. You guys are so sweet. Thank you for the kind words, and I'm so glad that I was able to help you learn new things! (or just remember them. :3)

Thank you guys for being such wonderful pupils. =)

-Claire.

You were an amazing mentor.

I'm about to post my before/afters.

Name: Courtney
Favorite lesson: Oh, there were so many, I don't even know:3
Did I learn anything: yep
If so, what: almost everything you taught:P
How can Claire improve: I can't think of anything:3
Anything else you would like to tell Claire: Thanks for teaching me so much! I can really tell a difference:)

Name: Sara 

Favorite lesson: The repeating Texts

Did I learn anything: Yes

If so, what: Every lesson you brought I learned something new!

How can Claire improve: You are Perfect,Cant think of a darn thing!

Anything else you would like to tell Claire:

I'd like to apologize for my absence! This about to sound very kiddish but I was absent cause my mean old father put a password on the computer i use for GIMP and now he cant seem to remember what the password is... I am terribly missing everything! 

(I love this man!! Team Dean) 

Name: Rachel

Favorite lesson: Blurred Text

Did I learn anything: YEP! A LOT!!

If so, what: Many different ways and effects to make your text 'pop' in a graphic.

How can Claire improve: I have nothing to say expect she was flawless with her lessons and learning from her was a great experience!

Anything else you would like to tell Claire: It was my second term of GPGM but my first term with Claire as a mentor and she was a great teacher, her lessons were well taught and tutorials were so easy to understand. :)

P.S. I tried to do the curved text tutorial but I'm stuck not getting the transparent text to appear and I can't go on from there. :(

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service