The Twilight Saga

Welcome, I can't wait to get started!

I'm Claire, the person that will be leading this class this term!

We will be focusing on text in GIMP this term. 

This term we will learn things beginning from downloading fonts to gradients, to patterns to embossing them and much more!

I'm going to try my hardest to teach you all something that you didn't already know.

I know I'm not the best with text, or anything else for that matter, but I'll do what I can!

Name: Claire

Username: Claire J. Darling

Favorite Font(s): Celine Dion Handwriting, Optimus Princepts, Clemente, Riddle

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Paramore, Nellie Veitenheimer, The Glee Cast, Ellie Goulding, Florence + the Machine, Karmin, He Is We.

Favorite TV Program(s): Glee, The Glee Project, Sailor Moon, Gossip Girl, Once Upon A Time.

Favorite Movie(s): Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Girl Interrupted, Howl's Moving Castle.

Celebrity Crush: Darren Criss, <3

Link to Gallery: Claire Bear's Gallery

Name: Ashlii |or Ash|

Username: Ashlii Reckless Hepburn

Favorite Font(s): Mistral

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Sleeping with Sirens ; Motionless in White ; Asking Alexandria

Favorite TV Program(s): Big Bang Theory ; Bones ; pretty much anythign on ID

Celebrity Crush: Kellin Quinn ; Andy Biersack ; Ben Bruce

Link to Gallery: My Gallery :)

Name:Courtney

Username: music.is.freedom<3

Favorite Font(s): jane austen, segoe script, and another one something with brush in it lol

Favorite Band/Artist(s): A Day To Remember, There For Tomorrow, Maroon 5, Pierce The Veil ,and thats just the main ones:)

Favorite TV Program(s):The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds and Impractical Jokers

Celebrity Crush: <3 Jeremy McKinnon <3 Chris Kamrada <3 Neil Westfall <3 Vic Fuentes

Link to Gallery:Courtney's Graphic Gallery =)

Name:Elena

Username:A Thousand Years

Favorite Font(s):Santos Dumont, Celine Dion Handwriting,Tract, Jane Austen,Signerica Fat,Today, K22 Monastic, Peach Sundress,Mayflower Antique

Favorite Band/Artist(s):Florence+The Machine, Demi Lovato, Bruno Mars,Glee, Paramore,Katy Perry, Taylore Swift

Favorite TV Program(s):The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Hollywood Heights, The Secret Circle

Celebrity Crush:Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley

Link to Gallery:Elena's Gallery

Now the questions below will not be put up top, they are simply for me to know a little about your graphic making experience this far.

What do you really want to learn about text?How to make it pop and blend well with banners

Do you already have GIMP downloaded?Yes

Have you ever downloaded a font before?Yes

Name: Juliee 

Username:Romance is my Fiction 

Favorite Font(s): Katy Berry, OptimusPrincepsSemiBold, Desigers, Jellyka Delicious Cake, and Jenna Sue.

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Taylor Swit, Sweet thing, Ingrid Michaelson, katy perry, and maroon 5.

Favorite TV Program(s): Vampire diaries, 18 to life, raising hope, ghost lab, ghost whisper, Physic, monk,

Wizards of Waverly place, Say yes to the dress, and Law and order (SVU).

Celebrity Crush: Steven R. McQueen

Link to Gallery:Enchanted Spice

Name: Nikki

Username: n i k k i (of TTS)

Favorite Font(s): Jane Austen, Celine Dion Handwriting, Mayflower Antique, Optimus Princeps, Foghliten No04

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Paramore, Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Cassadee Pope, Sia, Birdy, Glee, Karmin

Favorite TV Program(s): Charmed, Buffy, Angel, Once Upon a Time, TGP, Glee, Gossip Girl, Modern Family, AGT, Idol, DWTS, TVD

Celebrity Crush: Paul Wesley from TVD and Michael Weisman from TGP

Link to Gallery: Nikki's Gallery

Name: Rachel

Username:♥Rachel♥

Favorite Font(s): Aquarelle, Sverige Sript, Handwriting, Tract, Celine Dion Handwriting, Before the Rain, Jane Austen, Denasprint...

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Florence and the Machine, Paramore, The Pretty Reckless, Demi Lovato, Maroon 5, 30 Seconds to Mars, Hey Monday, Selena Gomez and the Scene...

Favorite TV Program(s): Glee, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Hart of Dixie, The Secret Circle...

Celebrity Crush: Taylor Lautner, Alex Pettyfer, Zayn Malik, Nathan Sykes, Hugh Jackman, Boo Boo Stewart...

Link to Gallery: Rachel's Graphic Gallery

Name:Sara.

Username:Beyond♥The♥Eyes

Favorite Font(s):Hawii Killer,Summer, and more

Favorite Band/Artist(s):GLEE!,Taylor Swift,Downtown Fiction,Hunter Hayes.

Favorite TV Program(s):Glee,Glee Project,Bh 90210,One Tree Hill.

Celebrity Crush:Sean Faris :) Alexander Skarsgard

Link to Gallery:http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/twilightgraphicsbannersandtutorial...

Name: Taniya

Username: HeartStealer™

Favorite Font(s): Callie Hand, Before the Rain, Anatomy, Everyday Ghost, Vanessa

Favorite Band/Artist(s): All Time Low, A.N. Jell, Maroon 5, The Script, Ariana Grande

Favorite TV Program(s): TVD, PPL, You're Beautiful, Jane by Design, Heartstrings

Favorite Book(s): Fallen Series, Books from Wattpad, Tithe, The Lucky One, Spells, Wings

Celebrity Crush: Booboo Stewart, Channing Tatum

Link to Gallery: Not yet

Views: 2702

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, I'l try again later:)

Haha, you can do it whenever you want, take your time! =)

ok^-^

Okay guys. I know I didn't post a lesson last week, and I'm not going to post one this week.

What I'm going to do now is an assignment. :3

It's a review assignment.

You need to make a banner.

This banner can be about anything that you'd like it to be.

My only requirements are that you need to use more than one font and you have to use an effect that I've taught you.

(Just adding borders doesn't count. They are not going to count because you use borders in almost all of the effects that I've taught. :3)

Those are your only requirements! 

Oh, and to have and be creative!!!

I know that this class is titled "Text Effects" but I want you guys to try new things with your banner making as well!

It's not a requirement, but try to make your banner different!

Trying new things is fun!

=D

Okay, that's all for right now!
I hope you guys have fun!

-Claire.

Hey Claire!

What did I miss?

Heres the last lesson Claire

Looks good girly!

You might want to play around a bit with the Azimuth and Elevation next time you try this!

And I love that stock! haha.

Claire whenever I try to emboss it never works:/ do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Hmm. Not really. Did you follow the tut step by step?

How is it not working?

sometimes i see no difference at all from before I embossed it and after and sometimes it just looks very weird. right now it's just showing no difference. I tried earlier and got this with a blue colored text, but i don't know if its right:

That looks right to me.

It might be the different layer modes/ colors youre using when you apply it.

I usually only do it with black or white text (the borders being opposite.) Then I use either the Lighten or Darken Only modes. 

I think I got it. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service