The Twilight Saga

Welcome, I can't wait to get started!

I'm Claire, the person that will be leading this class this term!

We will be focusing on text in GIMP this term. 

This term we will learn things beginning from downloading fonts to gradients, to patterns to embossing them and much more!

I'm going to try my hardest to teach you all something that you didn't already know.

I know I'm not the best with text, or anything else for that matter, but I'll do what I can!

Name: Claire

Username: Claire J. Darling

Favorite Font(s): Celine Dion Handwriting, Optimus Princepts, Clemente, Riddle

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Paramore, Nellie Veitenheimer, The Glee Cast, Ellie Goulding, Florence + the Machine, Karmin, He Is We.

Favorite TV Program(s): Glee, The Glee Project, Sailor Moon, Gossip Girl, Once Upon A Time.

Favorite Movie(s): Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Girl Interrupted, Howl's Moving Castle.

Celebrity Crush: Darren Criss, <3

Link to Gallery: Claire Bear's Gallery

Name: Ashlii |or Ash|

Username: Ashlii Reckless Hepburn

Favorite Font(s): Mistral

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Sleeping with Sirens ; Motionless in White ; Asking Alexandria

Favorite TV Program(s): Big Bang Theory ; Bones ; pretty much anythign on ID

Celebrity Crush: Kellin Quinn ; Andy Biersack ; Ben Bruce

Link to Gallery: My Gallery :)

Name:Courtney

Username: music.is.freedom<3

Favorite Font(s): jane austen, segoe script, and another one something with brush in it lol

Favorite Band/Artist(s): A Day To Remember, There For Tomorrow, Maroon 5, Pierce The Veil ,and thats just the main ones:)

Favorite TV Program(s):The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds and Impractical Jokers

Celebrity Crush: <3 Jeremy McKinnon <3 Chris Kamrada <3 Neil Westfall <3 Vic Fuentes

Link to Gallery:Courtney's Graphic Gallery =)

Name:Elena

Username:A Thousand Years

Favorite Font(s):Santos Dumont, Celine Dion Handwriting,Tract, Jane Austen,Signerica Fat,Today, K22 Monastic, Peach Sundress,Mayflower Antique

Favorite Band/Artist(s):Florence+The Machine, Demi Lovato, Bruno Mars,Glee, Paramore,Katy Perry, Taylore Swift

Favorite TV Program(s):The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Hollywood Heights, The Secret Circle

Celebrity Crush:Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley

Link to Gallery:Elena's Gallery

Now the questions below will not be put up top, they are simply for me to know a little about your graphic making experience this far.

What do you really want to learn about text?How to make it pop and blend well with banners

Do you already have GIMP downloaded?Yes

Have you ever downloaded a font before?Yes

Name: Juliee 

Username:Romance is my Fiction 

Favorite Font(s): Katy Berry, OptimusPrincepsSemiBold, Desigers, Jellyka Delicious Cake, and Jenna Sue.

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Taylor Swit, Sweet thing, Ingrid Michaelson, katy perry, and maroon 5.

Favorite TV Program(s): Vampire diaries, 18 to life, raising hope, ghost lab, ghost whisper, Physic, monk,

Wizards of Waverly place, Say yes to the dress, and Law and order (SVU).

Celebrity Crush: Steven R. McQueen

Link to Gallery:Enchanted Spice

Name: Nikki

Username: n i k k i (of TTS)

Favorite Font(s): Jane Austen, Celine Dion Handwriting, Mayflower Antique, Optimus Princeps, Foghliten No04

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Paramore, Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Cassadee Pope, Sia, Birdy, Glee, Karmin

Favorite TV Program(s): Charmed, Buffy, Angel, Once Upon a Time, TGP, Glee, Gossip Girl, Modern Family, AGT, Idol, DWTS, TVD

Celebrity Crush: Paul Wesley from TVD and Michael Weisman from TGP

Link to Gallery: Nikki's Gallery

Name: Rachel

Username:♥Rachel♥

Favorite Font(s): Aquarelle, Sverige Sript, Handwriting, Tract, Celine Dion Handwriting, Before the Rain, Jane Austen, Denasprint...

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Florence and the Machine, Paramore, The Pretty Reckless, Demi Lovato, Maroon 5, 30 Seconds to Mars, Hey Monday, Selena Gomez and the Scene...

Favorite TV Program(s): Glee, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Hart of Dixie, The Secret Circle...

Celebrity Crush: Taylor Lautner, Alex Pettyfer, Zayn Malik, Nathan Sykes, Hugh Jackman, Boo Boo Stewart...

Link to Gallery: Rachel's Graphic Gallery

Name:Sara.

Username:Beyond♥The♥Eyes

Favorite Font(s):Hawii Killer,Summer, and more

Favorite Band/Artist(s):GLEE!,Taylor Swift,Downtown Fiction,Hunter Hayes.

Favorite TV Program(s):Glee,Glee Project,Bh 90210,One Tree Hill.

Celebrity Crush:Sean Faris :) Alexander Skarsgard

Link to Gallery:http://thetwilightsaga.com/group/twilightgraphicsbannersandtutorial...

Name: Taniya

Username: HeartStealer™

Favorite Font(s): Callie Hand, Before the Rain, Anatomy, Everyday Ghost, Vanessa

Favorite Band/Artist(s): All Time Low, A.N. Jell, Maroon 5, The Script, Ariana Grande

Favorite TV Program(s): TVD, PPL, You're Beautiful, Jane by Design, Heartstrings

Favorite Book(s): Fallen Series, Books from Wattpad, Tithe, The Lucky One, Spells, Wings

Celebrity Crush: Booboo Stewart, Channing Tatum

Link to Gallery: Not yet

Views: 2718

Replies to This Discussion

Name:Courtney

Username: C.A. Drake

Favorite Font(s): jane austen, segoe script, and another one something with brush in it lol

Favorite Band/Artist(s): A Day To Remember, There For Tomorrow, Maroon 5, and thats just the main ones:)

Favorite TV Program(s):The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds and Impractical Jokers

Celebrity Crush: <3 Jeremy McKinnon <3 Chris Kamrada <3 Neil Westfall <3

Link to Gallery:Courtney's Graphic Gallery =)

What do you really want to learn about text? as much as possible

Do you already have GIMP downloaded? yep

Have you ever downloaded a font before? yess

Thank you Courtney!

Name: Ashlii |or Ash|

Username: Ashlii Reckless Hepburn

Favorite Font(s): Mistral

Favorite Band/Artist(s): Sleeping with Sirens ; Motionless in White ; Asking Alexandria

Favorite TV Program(s): Big Bang Theory ; Bones ; pretty much anythign on ID

Celebrity Crush: Kellin Quinn ; Andy Biersack ; Ben Bruce

Link to Gallery: My Gallery :)

Now the questions below will not be put up top, they are simply for me to know a little about your graphic making experience this far.

What do you really want to learn about text? Just how to make it stand out more. I feel like mine kind of blends in with my banners more than it should.

Do you already have GIMP downloaded? Yes ma'am I do

Have you ever downloaded a font before? It won't let me. It never loads once it says it's downloaded :/

I love the mistral font!!!

Hmm. We'll have to figure that out!

I'll make my first lesson how I download fonts, and then if anyone else has any other ways of doing it, we try and help you figure out how to get it on there!

=)

Thanks Claire :)

Okay, I believe that I have everybody up top now.

Elena's name is blank because she signed up for the class but hasn't filled out the form yet.

I'll be posting the first lesson soon! 

=D

I'm so excited to get started with you guys!

Name:Elena

Username:A Thousand Years

Favorite Font(s):Santos Dumont, Celine Dion Handwriting,Tract, Jane Austen,Signerica Fat,Today, K22 Monastic, Peach Sundress,Mayflower Antique

Favorite Band/Artist(s):Florence+The Machine, Demi Lovato, Bruno Mars,Glee, Paramore,Katy Perry, Taylore Swift

Favorite TV Program(s):The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Hollywood Heights, The Secret Circle

Celebrity Crush:Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley

Link to Gallery:Elena's Gallery

What do you really want to learn about text?How to make it pop and blend well with banners

Do you already have GIMP downloaded?Yes

Have you ever downloaded a font before?Yes

Sorry Im late,my internet went out

That's perfectly fine girly!

Okay, so I was going to skip this lesson if everyone had already downloaded a font before, but it seems that one of us is having trouble getting them to work. So. I'm going to give a little tutorial and if any of you have any input that could help, feel free to say!

1. Find the font that you want.

I recommend using dafont.com

I'm going to download this font called "Flower" that I just found on there. =)

2. Click the "Download" button to the right.

3. Depending on your internet browser you may or may not have to click a "yes"

I didn't because I use Google Chrome.

4. Now go into your "Downloads" folder, or where ever you told the file to download. 

Typically, if you do not have to click "yes" then it will go into your "Downloads" folder.

And double click on the folder that has the font in it to open it up.

5. Keep the folder you just opened, open!

Now go to your GIMP folder.

This folder can sometimes be really tricky to find. 

Usually I go into my "PC" or my "Personal" folder and find it from there.

Your "PC" or "Personal" folder are the same thing, they are found at the top of your start menu.

This folder is titled what ever you titled your PC when you got your computer.

Now go into this folder and find "GIMP".

Mine is titled "GIMP 2.6" because that's the version that I downloaded.

Now that you're in your "GIMP" folder find your "Fonts" folder and open it up.

6. Now you should be able to drag the font file into your "Fonts" folder.

You want to make sure that you're dragging the font file into your "Fonts" folder.

If you forgot to open up the Zip file like I said in step 4 and just drag the whole Zip file into your fonts it will not work.

If this pops up:

It's okay, just hit yes. =)

Now if you had your GIMP program open while you were doing this, it's okay, but you need to close it out and reopen it so that the program can register that there is a new font in the folder.

If you didn't have it open then just open it and hope its there. =P

So, I really hope that this helped/worked!

If anyone else has a different way of doing it or wants to clarify something that I said that may have been confusing or just really has any input at all, go a head and say it! =)

-Claire

That's basically how I download fonts and place into my fonts GIMP folder! XD

Me too!

P.S. I downloaded that font :p

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service