The Twilight Saga

The blind side of love 

A Twilight Fanfiction

By: Zaicha The Vampire Goddess

You don’t have to see the one you love to know that it's the one.

I'm Edward Mason and this is my love story:

Who said that you have to see the one you love to that she’s the one? I can’t say that exactly because I’ve been blind since I was 10 years old. Ever since then I’ve been living in the dark, but as the years passed I had learned to cope with my incapacity. Is been hard and sometimes I thought that it was unfair but who said that life is fair?

I’m almost 18 years old my twin sister Alice is my best friend; we are both on our way to college. She had dedicated every minute of her life to take care of me. She’s the best friend or sister that anyone could ask for and I love her a lot. Sometimes I wished that she had a boyfriend; she has a few friends but I know that she hasn’t gone on a date in a long time, she had cared too much for me.

My mother, what can I say about my dear mother Esme, she has also dedicated her life to take care of me and Alice. She’s been a widow since my father died in the car accident in wich I lost my vision. It was caused by a drunk driver; my father died instantly. Since then I had to learn to live without eyes; I had learned to see with my other senses. It wasn’t easy but that was the way I have to live.

I refuge myself in music, I relearned to play the piano and a few years ago I started composing music. Next fall Alice and I will be entering college, mom didn’t want me to enroll but I convinced her. She’s a bit overprotective but I love her anyway.

I have to say that I’ve never fell in love. Let’s face it, who will want a boyfriend who can’t see? Alice says that we will find love together, I laugh every time she says that. Maybe for her but for me…

You don’t know how wrong I was, very, very, very wrong…

Characters:

Edward

Bella

Alice

Jasper

Esme

Rosalie & Emmett 

Dr. Carlisle Cullen

Mike (Edward's Guide dog)

Emilia, Ethan and Lillian

Views: 4315

Replies to This Discussion

Well hello there my readers! here I'm reporting myself from my one week vacation to New york! here is chapter 2 (Bella's introduction to the story)

Chapter 2
From the rain to the sun:
(4 weeks after chapter 1 is already July)
*Bella’s POV*

“Bells, you don’t have to do this” my dad Charlie told me “dad, we already discussed this okay. Is not like I’m leaving forever; you can come visit” I told him.

My senior year was over, it was time for college; I had filled out a lot of college paper work and I had been accepted to some of them. It was a hard choice for me because dad wanted me to stay and mom said that she missed me; so I was torn.

The colleges I had been accepted me where, Washington state, Alaska, Chicago U, Harvard, and the University of Florida; they all offered good deals but since mom said that she missed me I chose Florida.

Dad and I were at the airport, I was waiting for my plane, I was going to be a long flight because it was without scale, when I arrived mom and Phil where supposed to pick me there.

My plane arrived, I said goodbye to dad. “Well time to go dad” I stated “Bella, please” he said “daddy, you can come visit whenever you want” I told him again.

“Sure, I’ll be there for thanksgiving and Christmas” he stated “I’ll call you when I’m with mom, love you” I said and hugged him…

The plane landed, I went to claim my luggage. I had two suitcases and a hand bag because I wouldn’t need most of my clothes here; as I walked I saw mom. “Bella, Bella” she called.

“Hey” I said when she hugged me. “I missed you Bells” she said “I missed you too mom” I replied.
Phil was there; he carried my suitcases. “Hello there Isabella is nice to see you again” he said.

“Same here, you look good” I told him.

He was 25 when mom and he married, 4 years ago. He was a nice man he made mom happy, that’s all I wanted; dad had moved on too he was dating Sue Clearwater; they had been going out for two years…

I’ve never had a boyfriend or anything like that; all the boys from Forks high were idiots. I had a few friends but nothing else; I preferred to be alone. The drive from the airport to my mom’s house was good, mom, Phil and I talked about these past 4 years that we haven’t seen each other.
They didn’t come to my high school graduation because Phil was sick, but mom was really happy to have me back, of course she came to visit me once or twice but it wasn’t the same as having me with her.

We arrived to my old house; nothing had changed just the outside colors. “Welcome back sweetie” mom said warmly. “Um Bella…I did some changes, your room is bigger now” mom said.

“But what about my other stuff?” I asked “no all that is there for you to arrange as you want, I just put clean sheets on the bed for tonight” she said as she led me to my room wich was in the right side of the house now.

“Plus you have your own bathroom” she added. “Thanks” I said opening the door. My old bed was there also my dresser and desk.

In a corner I saw my full body length mirror, my couch and cushions and the windows had my curtains on them. “I’ll let you unpack and refresh. I’ll call you for dinner” mom told me.

“Okay” I said, she closed the door.

A few hours passed, I had unpacked and showered, when I opened my closet I saw new clothes there…appropriate clothing for this climate. I dressed on khaki shorts and a no sleeve blue tank, I found flip flops also, and I was brushing my hair when mom knocked.

“Bella, dinner’s ready” she said. “Okay” I replied.

I went down and sat mom served, we chatted trough the courses. For dessert mom served plain yoghurt with different fruits and nuts and granola to top them. We sat on the back porch, Phil had retreated to watch T.V. “well Bella, you’re finally here. I can’t believe it” mom said.

“Yeah mom” I said “so how’s Charlie?” she asked.

I sighed “he didn’t wanted me to come, he would have preferred that I chosen Washington state or Chicago, Seattle maybe…but I convinced him. Plus I wanted to be with you, now that you’re back home” I explained.

“Aww sweetie” mom said.

“You know Bella, I’m so proud! You won a scholarship, that’s so…cool!” she said.

We laughed, mom could be funny sometimes. We went back inside, I said goodnight and went back to my room.

I refreshed again and dressed for bed; I turned on the air conditioner in low and grabbed a book. At 11:00pm I turned the lights off and closed my eyes, I slept instantly…
This is getting better as you go. Keep me post and more very soon please!!!!
nice intro of bella!!! haha left me wanting more!!
Loving it...update soon
Its interesting. Keep going.
i am so loving it, can't wait til the next chapter!
KEEP GOING PLEASE ............I WANT TO SEE HOW THEY END UP TOGETHER.........HOW EDWARD FALLS IN LOVE WITH BELLA EVEN THOUGH HE IS BLIND
keep going can't wait for her to meet edward.
here is another chapter

Chapter 3
First day on college:

(Month after chap 2)

*Alice POV*

First day of college finally; Edward and I would start a new stage in our lives. I loved my brother very much; I wished that he found a girl that falls in love with him and that she would love him putting aside his incapacity.
We were on our way to college, James our personal driver took us.
On august mom bought Edward a guide dog which was trained to fit Edward’s needs; Edward and I have been interacting with his, and he’s used to us plus he follows Edward’s directions and commands.

The dog knew Edward’s route for class…that was really cool. His name is mike, and he’s a golden retriever and he also had green eyes like Edward he was the cutest dog I’ve ever seen.

I hope that Edward also made friends… that he came out of his shell. That’s why I was in charge of his looks and damn, he looked gorgeous today! I would date him if he wasn’t my brother. eventhough I don't remember the last time i crushed on a boy...wow! Long time ago... because I had dedicated my childhood and teen years to help mom with Edward.

The car came to a stop. “Ms. and Mr. Mason here you go” James said.

He got off the car and opened my door, he took my hand and helped me out “thank you James” I said when he gave me my new college purse. I went to the other side and helped Edward out with mike.

“Thanks sis” he said “bye James. Be here to pick up Edward at 2:30, then pick me up at 4:00” I instructed James nodded.

James left, I grasped Edward’s right forearm while he was guided by Mike. “Well Edward, today is a new beginning. Let’s hope that is for the best.” I said he sighed “yes Alice…I hope so too” he said.

“Okay Edward, I’m going to accompany to your first class that starts in 15 minutes, is 8:45. Then we’ll meet for lunch at 12:00; when you come out from your second class.” I said “you have your panic button right?” I asked “yes mom” Edward said smiling. I punched him playfully.

“So Alice, can you tell me my surroundings?” he asked “well…campus is big, it has grass all over, trees, students under trees, buildings. At your right there’s a parking and at our left is the faculty parking…” I said.
I kept describing everything to Edward until we reached the building for his first class. “You have your books?” I asked “yes” he said.

“Okay then goodbye, and good luck” I said opening the door, since the classroom was empty, I entered with him. I found him a seat.

“Your seat is at the third row from the door. You’re seating on the third desk and as you can sense Mike is on your left. The principal or an administrator should come and tell the professor about you” I said he nodded “I’ll call you between classes okay” I said to him.

“Yes Alice, leave now, you’re going to be late” he told me “okay, okay bye” I said and left.

*Edward’s POV*

First day of college finally; mom had given me a dog to guide me when Alice wasn’t around; it was a golden retriever, I’ve heard that they’re very loyal dogs. We were on our way to school, I’ve hoped to learn and meet new people…make some friends…maybe.

Alice had more opportunities than me, even though we looked alike, well I don’t know how we looked anymore; Alice was 10 the last time I saw her, but I knew that a few things about her hadn’t changed. She was still 5 feet, she had short hair, she loved heels, she had green eyes and fashion is her passion. Plus she is the best sister.
The car stopped, Alice Mike and I got out. Alice told me about my surroundings, I knew people where staring but Alice never told me that. We reached my first classroom; she found me a seat and indicated me the exact position. She left.

A few minutes later other students arrived and the professor too, I was introduced and it was weird; good thing that some of my old classmates where there.

The class started and I paid attention, my computer recorded everything for me to print out later, it was a good thing that I wasn’t the only blind guy in school but in that particular class I was the only one, and in case you’re asking is math class.

After that I went to music class that one went well at least. One hour and 30 minutes later I was waiting for Alice to go lunch.

“Oh my god Edward! College is so cool! I can’t believe that today is only the first day” she told me.

“Yeah is amazing” I said. She kept describing her day and professors trough lunch. I listened and replied every now and then. Then it was time for my next class, Alice had fashion theory and I had music & art appreciation. We left to our classes, mike always by my side…

*Bella POV*

My alarm woke me up, I got up and started my morning routine; the day was beautiful the sun shined warmly. I decided to wear a short skirt, a tank top; to top that a short sleeved plaid shirt, I grabbed my new schoolbag and new sun glasses. Mom was in the kitchen; my breakfast was on the table.

“Good morning sunshine” mom greeted “hi” I said seating I ate my breakfast while mom finished getting ready for work.

Mom worked on a publishing company downtown, the ride to school was good we chatted and listened to a CD that we both enjoyed.

The car stopped, “well honey, this is it” mom said “yeah” I replied of course I had a knot in my stomach. “Everything will be fine; you’re an intelligent girl Bella. I wanted you to know that I’m very proud of you” mom added, I nodded and hugged her.

I got out and walked in, as I tried to look and admire everything around me…before entering to class I called dad.

“Bella” dad greeted “hi” I said “are you in?” he asked “yes dad, and wow this place is enormous” I told him and he laughed. “well honey, I love you and good luck” dad said “thank you” I told him.

“Isabella…” dad said “yes?” I asked “you have your pepper spray with you right?” dad asked “yes chief” I responded.

“Well go to class then” he finished “love ya’ bye” I said and hung up. I entered in the classroom, there were just a few people in, and I chose a seat in the middle of the room. I sat and tried to relax, this was supposed to be a new stage on my life but to be honest I was scared as hell…

As the day went on, I relaxed and began to enjoy it school was big but very comfortable. When my classes ended, it was time for work, I had applied for a job at the library, I entered went to the front desk they let me in, after Mrs. Cope gave me my name tag and showed me around I started on my shift…

Phil picked me up at 4:00pm sharp. “How was your first day?” he asked “terrifying but well in the end” I admitted he laughed.

We arrived home, I showered and started on some homework, and then I had dinner and watched a movie with mom. After that I went to bed, tomorrow was a new day…

The day that started it all.

A/N: chapter 4 is under construction so it might take a while before is finally posted , thank you)
It was interesting reading the chapter from all of there p.o.v
great can't wait till they meet.
can't wait!! love all the povs!!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service