The Twilight Saga

The blind side of love 

A Twilight Fanfiction

By: Zaicha The Vampire Goddess

You don’t have to see the one you love to know that it's the one.

I'm Edward Mason and this is my love story:

Who said that you have to see the one you love to that she’s the one? I can’t say that exactly because I’ve been blind since I was 10 years old. Ever since then I’ve been living in the dark, but as the years passed I had learned to cope with my incapacity. Is been hard and sometimes I thought that it was unfair but who said that life is fair?

I’m almost 18 years old my twin sister Alice is my best friend; we are both on our way to college. She had dedicated every minute of her life to take care of me. She’s the best friend or sister that anyone could ask for and I love her a lot. Sometimes I wished that she had a boyfriend; she has a few friends but I know that she hasn’t gone on a date in a long time, she had cared too much for me.

My mother, what can I say about my dear mother Esme, she has also dedicated her life to take care of me and Alice. She’s been a widow since my father died in the car accident in wich I lost my vision. It was caused by a drunk driver; my father died instantly. Since then I had to learn to live without eyes; I had learned to see with my other senses. It wasn’t easy but that was the way I have to live.

I refuge myself in music, I relearned to play the piano and a few years ago I started composing music. Next fall Alice and I will be entering college, mom didn’t want me to enroll but I convinced her. She’s a bit overprotective but I love her anyway.

I have to say that I’ve never fell in love. Let’s face it, who will want a boyfriend who can’t see? Alice says that we will find love together, I laugh every time she says that. Maybe for her but for me…

You don’t know how wrong I was, very, very, very wrong…

Characters:

Edward

Bella

Alice

Jasper

Esme

Rosalie & Emmett 

Dr. Carlisle Cullen

Mike (Edward's Guide dog)

Emilia, Ethan and Lillian

Views: 4275

Replies to This Discussion

well here is a teaser (sneek peek) of chapter 4 (maybe it will b finished before wednsday?)

Chapter 4

English literature class:

*Edward’s POV*

It was the second day of college I was on my way to my first class of the day, Mike walked beside me. I was trying to walk with just mike I mean without using my walking stick all the time. Alice as usual picked my outfit for today; black pants, plaid shirt and my usual converse sneakers with my sunglasses. I don’t know why she wasted time on my looks like if I needed those.

I was turning a corner when I stumbled into something…

It wasn’t a something; it was someone, I realized after a few seconds that I had collided with another person. I didn’t knew if it was a boy or a girl, a teacher…anyone; Mike started barking.

“Mike, Mike is okay shhhh” I said petting his head he shushed. “Sorry about that” I said fast.

“Is okay, is my fault. I didn’t see you” a sweet voice said.

I chuckled, “yeah, didn’t see you either” I responded. “Nice one Mason” I chuckled internally.

Because of the voice, I knew it was a girl. “Are you okay?” I asked after an awkward silence, I didn’t know if she hit her head or something.

“No, I’m fine” she said I gave a relieved sigh “okay good” I said.

“I’m really sorry…” I started “what for?” she asked “because…I…well…because… Mike barked at you” I told her.

“Oh! Okay...” she responded “and of course because I collided with you” I added.

“Well that was my fault actually, I was distracted looking for my cell phone that I didn’t paid attention to where I was walking; so no worries. Besides I’m a bit clumsy by nature, so is not your fault” she told me with amusement of course I sensed that.

We were silent “well um I better get going or I’ll be late for class…” she said. Of course class damn!! “You’re right, well um…later” I said “maybe?…bye” she said back.

“Be careful… I mean, watch where you’re going.” I said smiling not sure if she was watching or not.

“Thanks I will” she said and passed beside me. A soft but sweet scent was left behind her, maybe it was her perfume.

I hurried the way I was going and made in to class in time, I found a seat and sat, but for some reason I couldn’t get the girl out of my mind…
I loved it. But you shouldn't make us wait so long for the next chapter.
omg!!!!!

can't wait!!!!
please hurry!!!!!
Love it....i can't wait to read the whole chapter.
This is getting better as I go along. Keep it coming but a little fast if possible; I' m not one with a lot of patience. hehe.
loved it!! soon please another chap.... his aready love her!!!! *smile*
Hey Zaicha! That is an awesome tease for a chapter we are waiting to read. Awesome job please post more! I love this story very much. You keep teasing me with the advance chapters when we talk. I hope you can type and post faster this story becausing the teasing over the phone about this story is driving me crazy. Keep me posted and I will text you later.
I love this story! I can't wait to read more!!!!!!!
love it can't wait for bella and edward to get togeather.
we want moreeeeeeee.
This is amazing! write as much and as soon as you can! Please keep me updated? id love for you to! thanks!
Hey Im back at school which means posts will be very irregular! ill try to post as current as i can! but here is chapter 4 after all!!

Chapter 4
English literature class:

*Edward’s POV*

It was the second day of college I was on my way to my first class of the day, Mike walked beside me. I was trying to walk with just mike I mean without using my walking stick all the time. Alice as usual picked my outfit for today; black pants, plaid shirt and my usual converse sneakers with my sunglasses. I don’t know why she wasted time on my looks like if I needed those.

I was turning a corner when I stumbled into something…

It wasn’t a something; it was someone, I realized after a few seconds that I had collided with another person. I didn’t knew if it was a boy or a girl, a teacher…anyone; Mike started barking.

“Mike, Mike is okay shhhh” I said petting his head he shushed. “Sorry about that” I said fast.
“Is okay, is my fault. I didn’t see you” a sweet voice said.

I chuckled, “yeah, didn’t see you either” I responded. “Nice one Mason” I chuckled internally
Because of the voice, I knew it was a girl. “Are you okay?” I asked after an awkward silence, I didn’t know if she hit her head or something.

“No, I’m fine” she said I gave a relieved sigh “okay good” I said.

“I’m really sorry…” I started “what for?” she asked “because…I…well…because… Mike barked at you” I told her.

“Oh! Okay...” she responded “and of course because I collided with you” I added.
“Well that was my fault actually, I was distracted looking for my cell phone that I didn’t paid attention to where I was walking; so no worries. Besides I’m a bit clumsy by nature, so is not your fault” she told me with amusement of course I sensed that.

We were silent “well um I better get going or I’ll be late for class…” she said. Of course class damn!! “You’re right, well um…later” I said “maybe?…bye” she said back.

“Be careful… I mean, watch where you’re going.” I said smiling not sure if she was watching or not.
“Thanks I will” she said and passed beside me. A soft but sweet scent was left behind her, maybe it was her perfume.

I hurried the way I was going and made in to class in time, I found a seat and sat, but for some reason I couldn’t get the girl out of my mind…

*Bella’s POV*

Okay that was weird, why the hell you bring your dog to school? I asked to myself; after that awkward moment I just passed.

Damn I’m such a klutz! I stumbled on someone, well at least it happened on the second day and not the first and with a guy that I might never see again…okay that was good cuz I didn’t want that to happen I mean, it was the biggest OMG moment of my entire life.

I thought I had stopped being clumsy but no, and it had to happen here!

I walked to class still thinking about why would that guy would have to have a dog in school, I didn’t see that he had any incapacity, to me he seemed pretty normal; maybe he had a disease or something and the dog was like his panic button or something…well what the hell do I know?

He seemed fine to me, and gosh I mean fine! The guy was good-looking. A guy like that shouldn’t be alone, maybe he had tons of girls behind him, or he was already taken…okay Isabella what the hell are you thinking!! You’re here to study, stop thinking about a guy you don’t know anything about.

I entered the classroom and after the professor introduced himself he started with the basic that we’ll discuss next class, I wasn’t that good at math but if I paid attention I knew I could do it…

Every now and then during the class, my mind would drift off to the guy I stumbled in the hall which name I didn’t know of course…

*Edward’s POV*

After human resources I had English literature, I walked to class using the stick along with Mike this time; I didn’t want to repeat this morning at all.

The walk was a bit long, because the classroom was on one of the farthest halls of building 3 it was room A-234. I made it and entered in the room, it was empty so I chose a seat not in the front but not that in the back either. The seats where tables and chairs, that meant that it was a small group matriculated on this course; the seat I chose didn’t have a chair beside the one for me, so it was perfect for Mike.

I sat and waited, a few minutes later students started entering, and the room was full; like two minutes later the professor arrived, and after the room was silent she introduced herself. The class flowed and I felt comfortable, then the professor decided to pass the list; and as usual she called my name, I felt the stares of all the class. Okay I’m exaggerating, maybe not all of them, but I was sure half of the class could be staring at me because of mike; she didn’t mention my incapacity…that was good.

After the last name was called the teacher went back to the list of books we’ll be using alongside with the class book, and again I recorded everything so I could print out and study carefully at home.
When class was only minutes of being over the professor gave an assignment.

“Well, class I want you to write me a two page essay about why the study of English literature
is important and I want you to include your opinion of the matter. You will hand it in for next class, is going to be graded so no excuses.” After a few murmurs and comments she let us go “you’re dismissed” she said and I heard as the students exited the room.

Since I took more time than the rest on my exit Mrs. Hale called me (Rosalie is not the teacher).

“Mr Masen can I have a minute?” she asked “sure” I said “they told me that you can’t see…?” she said I sighed “yeah, I’m blind since I’m 10 years old” I stated “oh! What a tragedy it must have been hard for you such a young boy coping with all that…” she trailed. I nodded

“Yeah it was hard but with the help of my twin sister and mother I came around and…here I am” I told her. It was the truth, if it hadn’t been for Alice I would still be like I was when the doctors told me my fate, bitter and mad with the world.

“Well I just wanted to know, would that be a problem on my class?” she asked “no! Of course not. I know everything on English lit. You don’t have to worry” I reassured her. “Okay then Mr. Masen you’re free to go. Have a nice day” she said warmly.

I went out to the main lunch area and waited for Alice, while I waited mystery girl came to my mind again; not that she was a mystery I just say that because I didn’t knew her name like of course she didn’t knew mine.

Mike barked and whined at my right side, Alice might be here, he does that when she’s coming I think he like’s Alice a little bit too much. Let’s face it Alice spoils the dog and now he loves her.

“Hello there gorgeous” she said “hello Alice, how was your day so far?” I asked when she took hold of my arm “amazing” She said “and yours?” she asked when we were seated and I had started to eat I almost choked on my coke.

“Well after I almost tripped with a girl on the hall my day is going good, I have lots of work to do on the weekend so you’re banned from my room.” I told her fast, hoping that she didn’t catch the part of tripping with the girl… I didn’t have that much luck.

“What did you just said?” Alice asked, I didn’t answer. “Edward! Did you just say the word girl?” she asked “I nodded and took another bite of my sandwich. I chewed and swallowed I knew she was waiting for me to tell the details.

“I did?” I asked sarcastically as I finished my coke. “Yes you did, you might be blind but I’m not deaf” she replied “okay, okay Alice I did said the word girl. It happened this morning before my first class, I was walking with mike when I stumbled into her accidentally…it was so embarrassing, mike barked to her” I told Alice, she laughed.

“Hey if you’re going to laugh then I wouldn’t tell you anything again” I snapped with a smile.

“Is okay bro, relax” she said. After that lunch ended, and I had my next class…

-One day later

* B-POV*

It was time for English class, I had done what the professor said, I did my two page essay, it didn’t took me long, I love English literature and I was good at writing essays so it was a piece of cake. As I walked to the class I thought about the guy I collided with the other day, okay…why am I thinking about this guys which name I didn’t even know? But there was something mysterious about him; why had he a dog in school? Why did I felt so strange when I was talking to him? I mean I couldn’t even concentrate at work that afternoon… It was stupid.

I entered the classroom and sat, mom had sent me a text, and since the room was clear I sat to answer it.
Minutes after that everyone was settled, and the teacher started with the lecture…Hamlet.

Before class ended professor Hale asked for the essays, we had to hand them in as we exited the room, I gave mine and went out… I didn’t know that an essay, hamlet and the class partner method could change my life forever…

-3 days later

*E-POV

It’s Monday, third day at school (they didn’t have class on Friday’s) I was having breakfast with Alice, mom tried to persuade me of not going to school again; it was maddening.

“Mom, how many times do I have to tell you that just because I’m blind that doesn’t mean that I can’t do stuff by myself!” I exclaimed “Edward watch your tone! I’m your mother, have some respect!” she said “mom, come on…respect? I respect you! Is you who don’t respect me, by thinking that just because I can’t see I’m stupid!” I snapped at her as I rose from the table.

“Alice? Are you ready to go? We can’t be late” I said as I walked my way out from the dining room. I was out of the house; James helped me get in the car, seconds later Alice got in.

“Edward?” she started “no Alice, please don’t. Subject’s closed I don’t want to hear a word, please” I said I heard my sister sigh “okay bro, okay” she said.

We arrived to college, Alice, mike and I got out; I was still pissed with mom. She still thought that I was a baby? “Are you okay?” Alice asked since I was silent “yes Alice I’m fine. Mom and I have had this argument before; you know that, so don’t worry” I reassured her.

“Okay, I’m going to class then, see you later” she said and after kissing my cheek she left…

I met Alice for lunch as usual, my argument with mom forgotten. “Hey bro! How’s been your morning?” Alice asked “is going good, professors are impressed with my ability to be a good student even though I’m blind, they say that is a shame that students who have all 5 senses waste their college years.” I said proudly.

“Know what they’re right, it happens all the time” Alice added. “How have been you day?” I asked

“Great although I have to make a quick trip to the library later to photocopy an article from a magazine that I need for class; is an assignment for this week.” She responded “oh, okay”…

*Alice POV*

Since I got out of class with a few minutes to spare I headed for the library to get the article I needed for my cut & design class of Wednesday. I entered and headed to the front desk were the reference books where, the attendant had her back to me, she had brown hair it was wavy I wondered how she would look, so I cleared my throat “excuse me”

She turned around and wow, she was pretty indeed white creamy like skin, brown eyes and a great figure…umm she could be my model.

“Hi good afternoon…” I didn’t knew her name “Isabella Swan” she responded I was confused “what?”I said, she giggled “my name is Isabella Swan” she said again.

“Oh okay, I’m Alice…Alice Masen” there was a little bit of and awkward silence between us.

“What can I help you with?” Isabella said “I need the Fashion through time magazine 8th edition” I said Isabella nodded, and headed to the several bookshelves behind her.
She searched for a few minutes, and then returned with the book in hand. “May I have your student ID?” she asked.

I rummaged in my wallet and gave it to her, she scanned the book an then my card; typed something at the computer in front of; her and gave me the book and ID “you have until 4:00pm today to return it” Isabella added.

“Okay, thank you, bye” I said she nodded. I went to class.

When class was done, I photocopied what I needed and returned the book, Isabella was finishing her shift, I introduced myself formally again, this time with a hand shake; returned the book then I left…

-* The next day (Tuesday)

*E POV
I arrived at school and went to my first class. After that was English Lit and I have to admit that I was really anxious to know what professor Hale had to say about my essay; I arrived to the classroom and entered, as usual it was empty so I sat at my usual seat and got everything I will need ready.

Several minutes after the room started to fill with my classmates and about two minutes after that I heard Mrs. Hale greet the class and put it to order, after checking the assistance sheet, she started the class were left of page 15 of hamlet…

When the class was almost over Prof. Hale finally talked about the essays; “well I read all your essays and they had been graded; what I have to say is that to be the first one I assigned, you all did very well…but there were two essays that impressed me the most…” she said I exhaled a breath I didn’t notice I had been holding; although she didn’t say whose essays where the best.

“So that leads to how we’re going to be working for the rest of the semester…
we are going to be working by the buddy system, I mean the partner work” Prof. Hale explained there were some murmurs & comments around the room.

“Wait, wait… let me explain I’m going to pair you due to your capacity and for what you did on your essay…” she started pairing students on groups of two and there were a few that had three, she left me for the end.

“And the last two students left where the two who obtained a straight A on their essays, Miss Swan and Mr. Mason you’re the last pair and by your excellent essays I’m thinking that you will do very great” she encouraged before telling us what we had to do for our first pair assignment.

“Now let me tell you what you have to do is read the next chapter of hamlet and do a 10 page analysis essay, you have two weeks” she added.

“Class dismissed, um Miss Swan, please stay and wait for Mr. Mason he’s special. Mr. Mason I’ll email you the outline of the essay so you can print it at home…I suppose you have a Braille printer?” she asked me “I nodded “okay see you next class then” she said and I heard her leave.

I collected my things, grabbed Mike’s leash and my walking stick and headed for the door.

“Hi” a sweet voice said “I’m Isa…Bella Swan” my partner said “Isabella Swan?” I asked my hand extended “yeah” she said taking it “I’m Mason, Edward Mason” I replied “okay” she said sweetly. “nice to meet you” we said at the same time, Isabella laughed; and my god, that was the most beautiful laugh I’ve ever heard.

It was so musical, so full of life of course she had her 5 senses complete unlike me.

“Isabella this is Mike, my guide dog” I said introducing Mike, “can I pet him?” she asked me, “yeah sure” I replied and felt as she petted his head. There was a bit of silence between us.

“So Isabella, do you have another class now? I don’t” I said and asked.

“No I don’t have any more classes for today” she responded.

“Okay so where do you want to go, to start our work?” I asked…

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service