The Twilight Saga

THE DAY BEFORE YOU

PREFACE

Hi there I know you don’t know me, but I would like to tell you a story; it is a love story about a boy and a girl of pain heartache, hope, love, life and death.  I have known everyone in this story at some point in time.  I feel that their stories deserve to be told.

There once was a little girl named Bella, who had been left alone to grow up with her ill equipped, withdrawn and sad father, Charlie.  Bella knew that he loved her, she could see it in the way he tucked her into bed at night, the way he held her hand as he walked her to and from school and the way he held her close as if she might disappear if he ever let her go.   In truth Bella was the only good thing left in his life and she alone was what he lived for.  As Bella grew Charlie would sadly watch as she left the house; he was always waiting for the day she left and never came home taking with her his one reason for waking up each morning. 

Bella was a quiet lonely little girl who did not make friends easily.  She had two friends Angela Weber and Jacob Black.  Bella sometimes wished for a different life, not a better life, just a different one.  She longed for a place where the sun shined bright and she could twirl with arms stretched to the sky.  A place where it never rained and all she needed was a good book and the sun on her bare arms was enough to keep her warm. 

Bella was the girl picked last for PE, home studying instead of attending the school football game or homecoming dance.  She was uncoordinated and tripped over her own two feet.  She didn’t play or understand sports.  She was shy and tended to stay to herself and she was always the butt of the other kid’s jokes.  Bella never took it to heart she knew they picked on her to make themselves feel better about their own faults and shortcomings.  So this was Bella’s life.

She had one procession that she kept close to her heart it was a picture of her mother and father on their wedding day.  She looked at it every night before going to bed.  She would trace her mother’s smiling face with the tip of her finger and marvel at the way her dad looked at her mother.  That look was one of pure joy, love and hope.  She prayed every night before bed that one day she would find someone who would look at her just like that.  She would then put the picture back under her pillow and drift off to sleep.  She would float off to a land where the sun shined bright and she twirled with her mom and no rain ever fell. 

Somewhere that could have been a million miles away but was really only an hour’s drive away; there lived a boy named Edward.  He was a very beautiful boy, yes I said beautiful for there really wasn’t any other word to describe him.  He had the face of an angel and the heart of the devil.  He had bronze hair that constantly fell in his eyes.  His eyes were a golden brown the color of warm butterscotch on most day s but then sometimes they would be pitch black like a storm on the rise. Then as quickly as the storm passed he could dazzle you with a flash of his crooked smile.  When he had a good day he could blow you away with that smile and those indescribable sparkling eyes.  Unfortunately his good days were few and far between.  He sometimes felt as if he didn’t really fit in with his family.  He often felt like the odd man out.   He lived with Carlisle and Esme Cullen the parental figures of the family; they loved each other so much that you could see it and feel it in everything they did.  Edward knew that if they woke up tomorrow and had only each other that they would be okay.  Then there was his adopted sister Alice and her husband Jasper.  They were amazing to watch as they knew each other so well that words weren’t necessary.  They just had to look at each other to know what the other was thinking and it was as if no one else was in the room.  It was truly amazing. 

Lastly there was his other sister Rosalie and her husband Emmet.  Rose was beautiful almost like a goddess.  She was also self centered, selfish and rude.  However she also had a love for her husband Emmet that ran so deep and true that you forgot her flaws.  She had this undying love and loyalty for him.   

Emmet was a huge beast of a guy who towered over everyone around him.  At first glance everyone was terrified of him, until he smiled and his face transformed into a cuddly teddy bear.  He was loud, rowdy and loved to have fun but above all he loved Rose faults and all.

Edward often felt out of place in his own home being surrounded by such happy people.  He wondered if he would ever find someone he could call his own, someone who would love him above all else, someone who would complete him and make him whole. He longed to find a love of his to know what it felt like to be someone’s everything.

The chances of this boy and this girl finding one another, was one in a million but fate has a funny way of working things out. Somehow this boy connected with this girl and things just somehow seemed to work out. 

Bella and Edward had met and fallen hopelessly in love.   Things weren’t all roses and hearts but they weathered the storms that raged against them and came out better for it.  Bella found her mother and finally seemed to have everything she ever wanted.  Her best friends Angela and Jacob seemed to have been drawn together and seemed happy to be only with each other.  She wasn’t sure how she felt about that but she really hadn’t had time to think about it yet.  The only thing that seemed to be bothering Bella was telling her father about the arrival of her dead mother.  She knew that they desperately loved one another but how would she ever get them together again?  And how would she explain the fact that her boyfriend, his family and her mother were all vampires?  And let’s not forget that her best friend was a shape shifter, Bella had a long road ahead of her and she had no idea how or where to begin her new journey. 

It had been four months since she had been to Italy to save everyone she loved and herself from the Volturi.  She had found more strength than she had thought possible and she with the help of her dead mother had defeated the powerful group of evil, blood thirsty and arrogant vampires.  Well not really defeated they were still there and could get reinforcements and come back but that was something that they hoped would not happen for many years.  Jasper was also making contingency plans just in case. 

For the most part Bella was happy except that she hated lying to her dad.  She knew he was trying to be more involved in her life but why now?  Did he sense that there were things she didn’t tell him like her mom was here living with the Cullen’s and that her Edward and his family were not human?  She wished she could tell him everything but would he understand?  She wasn’t sure that he would be able to accept this underworld that seemed so unbelievable but was all too real.   

So this is where our story begins.  The story of such amazing love that no one would ever have imagined but were always meant to be.   Bella and Edward, Renee and Charlie and Angela and Jake and maybe a few more thrown in; what will the fates have in store for each of them now?

CHAPTER ONE

BELLA’S POV

I was sitting with Angela in last hour PE today was the day we got to listen to Ms Nichols, aka Coach T, talk about STD’s and how having premarital sex could only end badly.  Angela and I rolled our eyes toward the ceiling wondering how she could stand in front of so many teenage boys and not feel completely stupid.  I glanced at the clock on the wall and sighed in relief only ten more minutes and this torture would be over.  Angela and I had made plans to go shopping after school for the homecoming dance.  I really wasn’t that excited about the dance because I can’t dance but Edward seemed to be determined that we go.  So here I was going shopping with Ang, Alice and Rose after school.  The guys were going to go hunting and would probably not be home until Friday and today were only Tuesday.  I hated it when Edward was away for that long but I knew it was a necessity.   I was brought back to reality with the ringing of the final bell.

“Thank God that is finally over.”

I nodded my head in agreement with Ang as we began to stretch and work the kinks out of our backs from sitting so long.

“I know right.  Okay so I am heading home and I know Jake will be waiting outside for you but please do not be late Alice will kill you.  Be at my house at 3 no later than 3:30.”

“Why the extra 30 minutes?”

“Because Ali will have to redress me and you know she loses all track of time.”

We both started laughing as Ang took off running to go meet Jake outside.

I grabbed my back pack and headed to my locker to exchange my health book and The Benefits of Abstinences pamphlets for my battered copy of Romeo and Juliet.  I was about to slam the door shut when I felt someone grabbing me from behind and pulling me close. I leaned into the embrace knowing that it was Edward.

“Hey you, how was Spanish?”

“Boring, how was sex Ed with Coach T?”

“Oh I learned a lot about why not to have sex, as if I had to worry about that.”

“Bella we have been through this before you know why I can’t even think about that.”

“Yeah I know and it’s ok, I think about it enough for both of us.  I just wish I didn’t have to sit there and listen to all the reasons that don’t apply to me.   Okay so when are you guys leaving?”

“Any minute I just wanted to walk you out and say bye and for the record I do think about you in that way too.  Love there has never been anyone else and there never will be so I do understand how you feel, trust me.”

“I’m sorry for sounding so selfish and I know it’s just hard for you so let’s just forget about it for now.”

I took his hand as we walked down the hall.  I couldn’t keep myself from staring at him from the corner of my eye.  I still couldn’t believe that he was mine forever sometimes I would think that it was all some crazy dream or a cruel joke and one day I would wake up alone or he would tell me that he never loved me at all.  I know I sound completely insane but bad things always seem to happen to me. 

“Hey are you okay Bella?”

I blinked my eyes in surprise we had made it to my truck and I suppose he had been talking to me.  I smiled and nodded my head yes.

“I ‘m good sorry I was daydreaming.”

“About me?”

I could see the questions in his eyes and an amused smile playing on his lips.  I was lost in his gaze and had to focus to put two words together coherently.

“Well sort of but not really, anyways it doesn’t even matter.  So what were you saying before I zoned out on you?”

“I was telling you how much I was going to miss you and to have fun with the girls.”

“Yeah I will except I am not looking forward to Bella Barbie.”

I could hear his deep laughter floating in the air.  He knew how overzealous Alice could be when it came to fashion, hair, makeup and accessories.

“I’m sorry but it will be fun and you know it.  So promise me you will be careful until we get back no sneaking around or meetings with werewolves?”

“I promise but Angela and Jake will be coming over some so don’t get all worked up.  Jake is more calm now with Angela around he would never do anything to hurt her.”

I could see Edward’s forehead wrinkled in thought and worry.

“Yeah I am sure that was what Emily thought about Sam too.”

I knew Edward was right about that but the time; place and circumstances had been entirely different.  I was sure that nothing like that would happen with Jake and Angela.  

“Edward please don’t worry about me.  I will be fine and if it makes you feel better I will ask Alice to come over while Jake is there.”

“Fine but promise you will take care of my heart.”

“I will if you promise the same.”

“Always.”

I could see Emmett and Jasper walking across the parking lot with Rose and Alice.  I leaned into Edward and kissed him solidly on the lips while tangling his hair in my fist.  I wanted to make sure he thought about me and missed me as much as I was going to miss him.  As far as thinking about him, well he had the center stage in the deep crevices of my mind.  I loved him and I found myself wondering how I ever got along without him.  I reluctantly released my hold on him as I felt Alice pulling me away.  I smiled at Edward as he flashed the crooked smile that melted my heart and took my breath away. 

“Bella come on we have things to do and places to be so let’s get moving.  I will follow you home and then you and Angela can ride with us to the mall.  Hurry up.”

“Okay I am leaving. “

I waved at Edward and the guys as he was helplessly being pulled to Emmett’s jeep.  I saw him manage to break free and run back to the open door of my truck, he leaned in and gave me a quick kiss the cheek and whispered in my ear, “I love you Bella, please be safe and take care of you.”

I held him for a second before Em and Jazz came back to drag him to the jeep.  I laughed at the sight of the three of them making complete fools of themselves as if no one else was even around.

Views: 261

Replies to This Discussion

love it

keep me update

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for reading and I am so glad you liked it. More coming in a few minutes.

Hugs

Sarah

Loved it!

Thanks Christina.

Hugs

Sarah

CHAPTER NINE

BELLA’S POV

I was still half asleep when I felt Edward gently shaking my shoulders.  I groaned and buried my head in the pillows.  Gees just because he didn’t sleep didn’t mean that I couldn’t sleep in.  I was not ready to face the day that lay ahead or the things that I had to do.  I tried to pull the covers up but he grabbed the covers and the pillows and pulled me into his lap as he laughed at my disgruntled behavior. 

“Gees Cullen its Saturday can’t you let me sleep in?”

“Bella I did let you sleep in it’s already ten and you didn’t even realize I left and came back.  If you really want to sleep the day away then by all means be my guest.” 

“Did you say ten?”

“Yes love I did say ten.”

I jumped out of his lap and ran for the bathroom. How the hell did that happen?  I never sleep that late, sleeping in for me is like eight!  I could hear Edward laughing at me from behind the bathroom door.    I jumped into the shower and let the water cascade down my face and mentally went through my list of things I had to do today.

1)      Talk to Billy

2)      Tell Edward I love him

3)      Talk to dad

4)      Tell Edward I love him

5)      Call Angela

6)      Tell Edward I love him

7)      Meet the girls at 3

8)      Dinner

9)      Tell Edward I love him

10)   Basketball game

11)   Go to the dance

12)     Make an excuse to go home.

13)   Talk to mom

14)   Call dad and tell him I’m staying with Alice

Okay that about summed up my day.  I was dreading going to this dance; it was bad enough that I had to play Bella Barbie again but a dance as well.  I would make an appearance and then make an excuse to leave.  I was no actress so I would have to come up with something that Edward would believe.  I had to call Angela and tell her that I wasn’t going to dinner because Edward doesn’t eat so there really was no point for us to go.  I really didn’t mind I could just eat something here; I had to cook for dad anyway.

I wasn’t really worried about Ben he had no idea where we were supposed to having dinner so everything should be fine until the game and dance.  I jumped out of the shower and quickly dried off and put on my robe that was hanging on the bathroom door.  I ran to my room and threw open the closet door.  I was in no mood to look cute today was all about comfort.  I grabbed an old worn out pair of jeans and a sweatshirt that said go Spartans.  It seemed appropriate it was homecoming go Spartans. I then slid on my black converses.  I could feel Edward watching me and I slowly turned around to face him.  I walked to the bed where he was lazily lounging and trying not to laugh at me.  He knew I was beyond upset at the late hour but he didn’t say anything.  I sat on the bed beside him and pretended to pout.

“How did I sleep so long?  I had my alarm set for like seven thirty.”

“I know I turned it off.  As you said it is Saturday and even in sleep you looked tired so I thought you deserved to sleep in.”

I felt my heart swell at his words.  He was so sweet and so observant; he knew I would never have let myself sleep that late even if I needed to.  I leaned down and dropped a kiss to his waiting lips.  He pulled me on top of him and kissed me back in a much more demanding manner. God I loved him oh yeah I hadn’t told him that yet. I slowly brought the kiss to an end before I was tempted to do more than kiss him.

“Hey you just so you know I love you.”

I saw a huge smile spreading across his beautiful face.   I felt my heart rate increase and again wondered how he could do that with just a look and a smile.  I stared at him for an immeasurable time until the sound of my cell ringing broke my trance.  I grabbed it off the bedside table and checked the caller ID

It was the evil pixie.

“Hey Alice what’s up?”

“Bella you better get a move on because you better no t even think about being late!!!  And according to the vision I had you are so late that you don’t even show up.”

I could hear the impatience in Alice’s voice as if she were talking to a preschooler.  I took a deep breath while counting to ten before replying.  Okay here goes, “Alice I am not planning on being late and I will be at your house at three so no worries okay?”

I   could tell Alice didn’t believe me.  I could almost see her tapping her perfectly manicured fingernail on the table while shaking her head.   I would not be late I knew Alice looked forward to these little makeover sessions, I would not disappoint her.  I talked to her for a couple of minutes and assured her that Angela and I would be at her place at three pm sharp.  She reluctantly disconnected a few minutes later after threatening me with bodily injury if I stood her up. 

“So what was wrong with Alice?”

“Oh nothing really she was just being her normal hyper self.  She has it in her head that I am either going to be late or stand her up; which is absurd why would I intentionally hurt her feelings?”

Edward looked at me and grinned, “Well did she say you did it on purpose?  Bella I know you have good intentions of being there but love you are running a little behind schedule.”

I glanced at the clock and realized that I was indeed running out of time.  I glared at Edward as I grabbed my coat and car keys.

“Well let’s not forget whose fault it is that I am about two and a half hours behind schedule.”

“Point taken and because of that fact I will be more than happy to protect you from the evil pixie.”

“Oh how nice of you thank so much.”

Edward and I began to laugh at the exact same time I reached out and took his hand in mine and dragged him to the door. 

“You know I won’t let Alice do anything to you right?”

“I know and I also know that is an easy promise because Ali would never hurt me.  I love you for the thought.”

“I love you too just for being you.”

We made it outside and for once it wasn’t raining.  The sun was hidden behind the cloudy sky but it was nice.  I got in my truck and lowered the window.

“So I will see you later?”

“Of course I am on my way to see Billy.  I will text you when I head back.”

“Okay be careful Bella I don’t trust those young wolves.  They haven’t learned how to control their tempers and that can be bad.  Call me if you need me.”

“I’ll be fine.  I miss you already.”

“Be careful and I will see you soon.  Love you.”

“Love you more.”

I could hear Edward let out a low growl he hated it when I said that.  I raised my window and watched as he got in his car and pulled away from the curb.  He sat there until I pulled out and then he followed me until I reached the boundary line.  I could see him wave as he made a u-turn and headed home. I knew he wanted to go with me to talk to Billy but he couldn’t cross the line so he would have to wait to find out what Billy knew.  I wondered if my dad really did know more than he had ever let on.   I guess he would never have thought that I would know about the legends or actually be in love with a vampire.  He did know that Jake and I are like closer than blood siblings so why wouldn’t he have warned me if Jake had the potential to be a shape shifter?  I mean what if Edward hadn’t come along and I had fallen for Jake would he really want me with a werewolf?  I sure hope Billy was home because I needed some answers that only he could give me.  I rounded the bend and saw that both Billy’s truck and Jake’s bike were home.  I pulled into the drive and parked behind Billy’s pickup.   I took a deep breath and got out of the truck and headed to the front door.  I raised my hand to knock as the door was suddenly opened and I was being swung around in circles.

“Bells what’s up?”

“Hey Jake I am getting a little dizzy here.”  I was gently placed back on solid ground,” Is your dad home?”

“Yeah he’s here but Charlie’s on his way over to go fishing.”

“Okay where is he?  I really need to talk to him before dad gets here.”

“He’s in the kitchen packing a lunch.   Come on.”

I fell into step with Jake and followed him into the tiny kitchen.  Billy was closing a small cooler as we entered the room.  He smiled at me but he had a questioning look in his eyes as if he knew why I was here.

“Hey Bells is everything okay?  Your dad should be here any minute.”

“Yeah I know but I really need to talk to you before he gets here; it’s kind of important.”

“Alright Bells how can I help?”

I began to explain to Billy what had happened over the last several months, most of it he already knew from Jake.  He listened intently shaking his head every now and again. 

“Okay so here’s my question for you does my dad know about you being a shape shifter?  Has he ever seen you phase?”

“Wow Bella why would you even ask such a question?”

“Well last night he hinted at knowing some big secret that he had kept.  He said he knew all about keeping secrets.  He also said that he knew about the legends from when you guys were young.”

I could see Billy thinking about this and debating what to tell me or maybe how much to tell me.  I needed to know the truth and God knew I could keep a secret better than anybody.

“Billy please I need to know how much he knows before I try to fix things between him and Renee.”

Billy was running his hand through his hair and thinking.  I was on the edge of my chair waiting with bated breath.  He had to say something dad would be here any minute.

“Bella when we were very young before I even knew the legends were true, I told your dad about them.  He and I would laugh and make fun of the old fools and their make believe tales.  Then the summer before we turned sixteen something happened that changed everything.”

“You caught the fever?”

Billy nodded his head and began to talk, “Yes I had no idea what was going on and it was a very frightening time for me.  I had never believed any of it and then suddenly I was right in the middle of some fantasy world that was beyond anything I could ever have imagined.”

“But it couldn’t have been the Cullen family this is the first time they have been back in sixty plus years.”

“Bella the Cullen’s are not the only vampires out there.  That summer a group of nomad vampires made their way here and hid in the forest hunting on hikers and transits. That was what triggered the fever.  I never really told Charlie what had happened but one day he came looking for me and I was running out back toward the tree line and I phased as he came around the corner of the house.  I know he had to have seen me but he never said anything and we never talked about it.”

“So it is possible that he knows?”

Billy was smiling a wry kind of smile, “I think that he saw me running into the woods as a wolf is a certainty.  However he may have blocked the memory or not realized that it was me he saw.  I think he knows whether he has allowed himself to acknowledge it is another story.”

I could hear the crunch of gravel out front and knew that dad had arrived.  I smiled at Billy and gave him a quick hug, “Thank you and please don’t tell dad why I was here?”

Billy squeezed my shoulders as he returned my embrace, “No worries Bells your secret is safe with me; I’m great at keeping secrets.”

I had to laugh at Billy’s attempt to make me smile.  I straightened as I heard dad and Harry coming in the front door.  I grabbed Jake’s hand and pulled him out the backdoor with me.  I could hear dad asking Billy where I was.  

“Jake sorry but you’re coming with me.”

“Sure Bells but where are we going?”

“To Edward’s, we have to talk to Renee.”

“Fine but I need to grab my clothes for tonight.”

“I know but wait a second for dad to leave.”

It was only a matter of minutes before we heard the guys leaving for their fishing trip.  Jake made his way inside and was back in record time.  We got into my truck and headed to Forks.

“Bells I didn’t do half bad on this truck, it actually runs like a top and looks like brand new.”

“I know Jake you are truly gifted. I love it and I have no way of every repaying you.”

“Bells it was always yours so you don’t owe me anything.  I did it because I wanted to and besides I never break a promise.”

“Promise what promise?”

“Don’t you remember when I was like ten and you were like eleven?  We were playing what if and I promised that if I ever won the lottery I would fix up the beast for you?”

“Jake we were just kids playing around and you never won the lottery.”

“No but I still wanted to do it so I did.”

“Thanks Jake you are the best friend a girl could have.”

We rode the rest of the way to town in a comfortable silence, each lost in our own thoughts.  As we came to the center of town Jake grabbed my arm, “Hey Bells stop for a minute, and I want to grab something to eat before we get the Cullen’s.  I am starving and they don’t eat.”

“Okay grab me something to okay?”

I handed him some money as he ran to the local café on the corner.  I watched as people rushed to and fro.  I wasn’t really paying much attention until I saw someone approaching my truck and my breath caught in my throat.  Oh man it was Ben!  I slowly lowered my window and tried to smile while praying Jake took his time.

“Hey Bella have you seen Ang?”

“No I’m sorry Ben I haven’t seen or talked to her yet today.”

“Oh well will you tell her I said hi and that I would really like to talk to her?”

“Sure Ben but didn’t you just talk to her last night?”

“Yeah but I just need to try one more time.”

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jake coming out of the café, “Okay I’ll tell her but I really have to go.  See you tonight.”

“Yeah I’ll see you bye Bella.”

I watched as he turned and walked across the square to his car.  Gees that was too close for comfort.  Jake climbed in beside me and handed me a bag of food.  I sat it on the seat and backed out of the parking space and turned the truck toward Edward’s.

“Who were you talking to back there?”

“That was Ben.”

“That little shrimp was Ben?”

“Be nice Jake he can’t help that he’s short.  He really is a nice guy.”

I could see Jake making faces at me as he thought about what could have just happened.

“Well I guess I had envisioned him as being bigger.”

I shook my head and tried not to laugh.  Jake was a werewolf and could destroy Ben with one blow and yet he was still jealous.  I suppose that was what love does to you it make you crazy.

“Jake let it go; Angela loves you what else matters?”

“Yeah, yeah I know but I keep thinking of how I tried to make you choose me instead of Cullen.  I don’t want this guy making Angela feel bad for something that she can’t change or explain.”

I knew Jake’s heart was in the right place but he was looking at this the wrong way.  Eventually Ben would give up and move on.  Jake needed to be the bigger person and just leave it alone.  I knew him though and I knew that was never going to happen especially where Angela was concerned.  I hope that things didn’t get out of hand tonight at the dance.

I pulled into Edward’s drive and parked in front of the house we wouldn’t be staying that long.  I pulled my burger out of the bag and began to eat.  I glanced at Jake he was already finished he had ate in like one bite.  He was looking in my bag so I handed it to him. 

“I really don’t want the fries so knock yourself out.”

I knew he said thanks as he shoved the greasy fries into his mouth. I was wiping my mouth on a napkin when I saw Edward making his way gracefully down the front steps.  He was truly a vision of perfection that no matter how many times I saw him it still brought me to my knees.  He was just amazing.  I opened my door and jumped out of the truck just as he rounded the front and caught me.  He held me close and whispered in my ear, “Missed you love.”

“Hey you I missed you too.”

He gently placed me back on the ground and took my hand.  We walked to the front door where Jake was already waiting.  Edward walked in and led us to the front room.  Jake sat on the loveseat while Edward and I took the couch.  I quickly filled Edward in on what Billy had told me.

“So what do you think?”

“I think we need to talk to Renee and find out what she wants.  If she doesn’t want to see him or get involved than this ends here but if she wants to see him then we’ll go from here.”

I nodded my head as he got up and headed upstairs to find her.  I was a little nervous about talking to her about this but it had to be done.  I wondered if she wanted to see and talk to dad.  I was sure that she did but I was equally as sure that she was scared.  I could feel her questions and doubts; I knew that she feared that he would reject her and hate her for the rest of his life.  I didn’t really think he had it in him to hate her at all no matter what she had done.  I never heard them come downstairs but I knew when they entered the room by the smell that soothed my nerves and put me at ease.  I felt Edward take his place beside me and then Renee sat down on my other side.

“Hey mom how have you been?”

She reached out and put her arms around me and pulled me close.  She was looking a little lost and I knew she didn’t want me to know how bad things had been for her.  She seemed to have forgotten that I could feel her every emotion and see her every thought.  I was overwhelmed by the grief that was flooding her soul.  I wanted to help her out of this despair. 

“Mom I know you went to town and that dad saw you.  Why did you do that?”

I could feel her shift away from me as she turned to face me, “Bella I was selfish I wanted no I needed to see him to be near him.  I think part of me wanted him to come after me.  I know I sound crazy but I wished for one moment that there was some way for us to be together again.”

“Oh mom I am so sorry you’ve been going through this alone.  I think you should know that dad’s been going through the same thing.   I actually went through this with him last night.  He had all of your pictures out.  He loves you and he wishes the same thing the only difference is he thinks you’re dead.”

“Yes that seems to be one of the problems and the second being that I am a vampire who looks sixteen years younger than him.”

“Yes that would be a problem but I think how you look is the least of our problems.  Mom do you object to me telling dad about you?”

I could feel the tension and knew she was nervous.  I waited for her to respond to my question. 

“If you think that’s best but I really don’t think that Charlie has changed that much over the years.  You can tell him until he is blue in the face but he has to see to believe.”

I squeezed her hand and pulled her close.  She was exactly right she really did know dad too well.

“No worries I have already thought about that and if seeing is believing well that’s exactly what he is going to get.”

I could see the look of confusion on her face but I already had a plan forming in my mind.  I looked at my watch it was eleven thirty.  Okay I needed vampire speed to get this done. As if Alice had read my mind she appeared by the couch. 

“Hey I guess you saw a vision of what I have planned?”

Alice was beaming as she nodded her head,” Of course and I am on it.  Okay for starters Renee come with me.  Bella you go home and once I give Rose instructions on what to do with Renee I’ll be right there.  I would suggest calling Angela and having her meet you there we need all the help we can get to pull this off.  We’ll just have to get ready for the game at your house.”

“Okay we’re on it.  Come on Jake, bye mom see you soon.”

Edward walked out with us and followed me to the driver’s side of the truck he closed the door after helping me in.

“So I will be there to help after I take care of a couple of things here.”

“Okay see you soon.”

He leaned in the open window and dropped a kiss on my cheek.

“Miss you already.”

I slowly pulled out of the drive still seeing Edward in the rearview mirror.  I was so happy and I hoped that by this time tomorrow my parents would be as happy as I am.

Loved Bella's to do list!!

Thank you Christina.

Glad you liked that.

Hugs

sarah

CHAPTER TEN

RENEE’S POV

I was sitting on my bed staring at the crumbled picture in my hand.  I had memorized every line years ago when Edward had given it to me.  I just looked at the photograph of what was normal and what was real; sometimes I thought that nothing was real anymore that maybe I had made it all up and that I was crazy sitting alone in a padded cell while all of this was alive only in my mind.  I wondered if maybe Bella had died that day instead of me and this fantasy world was my only way of coping.  I knew this wasn’t the case because if I were crazy I wouldn’t realize it.  I looked at the beautiful face of my baby girl and knew that my life could have been far worse.  I knew that I could’ve died that day and never seen my baby girl, never seen the amazing, caring, selfless and lovely young woman she had become.  I would never have known that she fell in love with a guy who loved her back even more than she loved him.  Yes I was lucky but it still hurt to wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn’t died if I had been the mother I know I could’ve been.  I could almost see it Bella coming home to fresh baked cookies, me helping her with her homework and the two of us playing at the park.  I would’ve listened to every insignificant detail and I would never have been too busy.   I would have loved Charlie each day more than I had the day before.  I would have made each and every day special and I would have grown old with the only man I would ever love.  I had loved him from the first time I saw him and I was amazed that he even noticed me.  I could still remember how I had been with Billy at the homecoming dance and my best friend Sarah had been with Charlie how ironic right?  Yeah I know it was kind of crazy and accelerating how my heart started pounding and my lungs seemed to have forgotten how to breathe.  I saw him standing there in the middle of the crowded gym with my best friend waving at me like crazy.  I knew my mouth was gaped open and it wasn’t how beautiful Sarah looked in her red dress and exotic dark hair trailing down her back no it was the tall, shy and completely glorious guy standing next to her.  I found myself wondering how I had never noticed him before.  I had lived and attended school in Forks my entire life so how had I missed him?  I can still remember how Billy froze next to me and was staring at Sarah in much the same way I was looking at Charlie.  I think back now and wonder what the odds were, one in a million?  Sarah and I had been best friends forever and the same had been true for Charlie and Billy it seems impossible that we ended up there together.  I wonder what would’ve happened if Sarah and I hadn’t switched dates that night?  Would I have married Billy and Sarah married Charlie?   I couldn’t fathom how that could ever have happened the day before I met Charlie I had been lost and wondering what the point of my life was and then I saw him and it all made sense.  I knew the moment I saw him that he was the one I had been waiting for.  I had to stop this insane trip down memory lane and get back in the here and now.  I was waiting for Rose to get off the phone with Alice.  I had no clue what they were planning and I was a little curious and a lot nervous.  Was I ready to see Charlie face to face again?  Could I deal with his reaction to what I had become?  Would he still love me?  Had he missed me as much as I had missed him?  I had all these questions running through my head oh what would he think?

“Okay Renee we have to get you ready.”

“Rose what exactly am I getting ready for?”

“A date with destiny so let’s get moving before Alice sends out the search party.”

I had no idea what these kids were up to but I suppose I had to play along and hope for the best.  I followed Rose to her room and knew that I was about to get a makeover.

“Rose is this really necessary?  Alice just did my hair last night.”

I could see Rose shaking her head yes and trying not to laugh, “Yes it is because let’s just say you have to have the right look.  Renee just trust me okay?  Sit back and relax and let me do this.  We only have a short time before we have to be at Bella’s so you can get dressed.”

I was really curious now, what exactly did my little match makers have in store for me?

*******************************************

ALICES’S POV

“Jake take these lights and put them up and down the stair railing and spindles.  Angela will you take these pictures of Renee and Charlie from high school and put them in those frames.  I thought we could place them all over the house.  Jake we need twinkly lights in the ferns.  Jazz could you move those tables back out of the way?  I think we need punch and cookies along with candles.”

“No problem Ali just give me a list of what you need.”

“Jazz would you mind stopping by the party shop and getting a couple of balloon bouquets in the school colors?”

“I got it if you think of anything else call me.”

“Okay thanks Jazz.” Jazz dropped a quick kiss on my cheek as I shooed him out the door we had a limited time table.  I laughed this was so much fun and I hoped that it would work.  I knew that Bella was tired of hiding her mom’s existence from Charlie.  I just knew that they would work things out with a little help from their friends.  I wondered how Charlie was going to react to the fact that Bella was in love with a vampire and that Renee was one as well.   I had faith in Charlie he was a good man even if he was a little bit oblivious to the obvious. 

As Jazz walked out the front door, Em was entering through the back door with the flower arrangements.  I glanced at the clock and realized that our time was slowly running out.  I placed the first bouquet on the table behind the couch.

“Thanks Em just put those in the entryway one on each side of the front door.”

“Sure Alice and what about the banner I have it out in the car.  Where do you want us to hang it?”

I looked around the house and tried to measure in my mind where it would look best.  I wanted it to be where Charlie wouldn’t see it at first at least not until Bella and Edward had told him what was going on.  I wanted to break him in slowly not give him a heart attack.

“Em go get the banner while I run to the attic and get Edward to help you.  He and Bella are getting Charlie and Renee’s clothes from high school and some school memorabilia.  Edward will help you hang it up.”

I ran at vampire speed up the steps calling for Edward as I made way to the attic.  He and Bella had a two garment bags hanging on a nail and a box of high school yearbooks and corsages and pins.  I picked up the box and saw the endless memories of a time when Renee and Charlie had been young and happy.  I carried the box as Edward grabbed the bags.

“Edward will you please help Em with the banner.”

“Of course Alice, we’re right behind you. “

“Alice I can’t wait to see the banner and the look on dad’s face when he sees mom.”

“I know me too but don’t forget it may take time for him to comprehend what this means.  He may need time but hopefully by us recreating their first meeting he will remember why he loves Renee.   Bella trust me everything will work out just fine.”

“I never bet against you Alice.”

As we walked into the front room Em was coming in with the banner.  He was so clumsy he reminded me of Bella; the banner had began to unravel and he looked like a mummy with it wrapping around his feet.  I giggled as Edward and I caught him and began to unwind him. 

“Well it looks like I am not the only clumsy one here.”

“Funny Bells, that was a once in a life time oppose to the everyday way of life.”

Bella shook her head as she laughed at Em.  I handed the banner to Edward and directed them to the eave that separated the family room and the entry way that led to the stair case.  Once the guys had their instructions I grabbed Bella’s hand and directed her up to her room.  I then took one of the garment bags and took off out the door.  I knew I had to hurry before the dry cleaners closed.   I pulled into a parking spot and ran inside.  I hurriedly told the lady what I needed and she insured me that my garments would be ready in an hour and that they would be delivered to the specified locations.  I thanked her and left her a big tip.  I made my way back to the car and sighed things were coming together nicely.  I had to get to Bella’s so we could get ready for the dance.  I retrieved my cell and called Rose to touch base on what was going to happen next.  I was excited and couldn’t wait to see how this all turned out.

**********************************

CHARLIE’S POV

I sat in the boat and wondered what my mystery girl was doing and where she was.  I couldn’t get her out of my head and it was driving me crazy.  I had to find her just to prove to myself that she wasn’t the reincarnation of my dead wife.  Oh man I really was crazy reincarnation?  The truth was that I just wanted to see her again.  I was so lost in my thoughts that I missed a bite.

“Charlie are you even paying attention?  That’s the fourth catch you’ve missed today.”

“Yeah I know guys and in all honesty I’m really distracted today.   I never thought I would say this but my mind is not on fishing today.”

“Let me guess you have a hot date tonight.”

“Well no but who knows the day is still young.”

I was only half kidding but Billy and Harry burst out laughing so I didn’t mention where my thoughts had recently been.  I really didn’t feel like getting into a debate about my frame of mind or my sanity so I kept my mouth shut.  I tossed the line back into the water and waited for another bite.  I knew the guys thought I had finally done it I had lost my marbles but somehow I didn’t think so.  I really tried to stay focused on the task at hand but eventually my mind began to wander as I knew it would but this time I was lost in my memories of what used to be but would never be again. 

I could remember seeing her that first time and all I could think of was how the only thing I wanted at that moment in time was for her to love me.   She had looked so beautiful in a light lilac dress and her hair had been held back with rhinestone clips that glittered in the soft light.  I had loved her from that moment forward as if my life had meant nothing until then.  To me she was special, beautiful and irreplaceable.  I had been so afraid that she would laugh at my request for a dance but I had to hold her in my arms and feel her heart beat next to mine.  I had to know if her heart was doing this same erratic dance as mine.   My hands had been clammy as I crossed the gym with Sarah close by.  I had almost forgotten why I was there in the first place.  My sole purpose for coming that night was to get Sarah and Billy together.  I knew Billy was attending the dance with a friend of the family’s daughter and I knew that Billy and Sarah would be perfect together not to mention I had known he had a huge crush on her but he would never approach her on his own so that was why I was here.  As we made our way to the refreshment table I could see the candle light reflecting in her eyes and I wondered what she was thinking as she tried to look at me from her down turned eyes.  I wiped my palms on my one pair of dressy slacks.  I smiled and that was all it took for her to raise her eyes and smile back causing my breath to catch and my world to turn upside down.  I had eventually asked her to dance and she had shyly agreed.  I had been lost to her from that moment and I had never stopped loving her or missing her.  I had often asked God why he hated me so much for why else would he rip her out of my life so unexpectedly.  I couldn’t wrap my head around how a loving, caring God could leave a poor helpless baby with the likes of me.  I was always afraid that one day when Bella was older she would realize how much she had missed out on as a kid.  I knew that when most people thought about their childhood they recalled picnics at the park, daddies teaching them to ride a bicycle, mom’s baking cookies, tee-ball, birthday parties and picking flowers blowing in the wind.   Seldom do they see a grief riddled father who was a shell of the man he had once been or so withdrawn that he never even thought to have a birthday party for his only daughter who was the only good thing left in his life.   I knew that I had been a monumental failure and it hurt me to think of the memories that Bella would one day look back on. 

“Charlie I think it’s time we call it a day.   You’re a million miles away and Harry and I haven’t gotten a nibble all day.”

“I guess your right Billy let’s call it a day.”

I was ready to head home and see Bella before she headed out for the dance.  I knew she would look beautiful and I wanted to get a couple of pictures of her and Edward.  I pulled up to the docks and Harry jumped out to tie the boat off.  I gathered all of our things and then helped Billy out of the boat and into his chair.  We made it to the truck and headed to Billy’s first and then I dropped off Harry then headed to the police station before going home.

I found myself wondering about the course my life had taken and how I had ended up here.  I tried to imagine how my life could’ve been if things had been different on that day so many years ago.  I could envision Renee as a young mother and Bella blossoming at her touch and learning all of life’s lessons from her mother.  I sighed as I realized how big a failure I really was and how Bells deserved so much more than I had ever given her.  I had been a stupid, selfish man and I regretted how I had missed out on some of the best moments in life, moments I would never get back.  I pulled in front of the station just as my cell phone chirped at me.  I glanced at the caller id and saw that I had a text message.  I flipped the phone open and read the message, “Dad meet me at the station I need a favor.  I am on my way so please meet me there. Love Bells”

Well that was weird Bella never just dropped by the station and what kind of favor did she need?  I couldn’t help but wonder what was going on as I texted back.

“Already there waiting 4 u love Dad”

I could feel my stomach balling up into knots and my mouth suddenly went dry.  I began to pray that she and her friends had not gotten into any trouble.  I climbed out of the car and went inside to check in.

I made my way to my office and closed the door behind me.  I flipped the light on and was surprised to see that someone had been in my office.  There were pictures scattered on my desk and old faded homecoming flyer left from a lifetime ago.  I ran my fingers over the black print and the stars that covered the paper.   I raised my eyes to see a garment bag hanging on the back of the closed door.  I was scratching my head as I heard Bella laughing in the lobby.   I sure hope she had some idea of what the hell was going on around here. 

CHARLIE’S POV

I sat in the boat and wondered what my mystery girl was doing and where she was.  I couldn’t get her out of my head and it was driving me crazy.  I had to find her just to prove to myself that she wasn’t the reincarnation of my dead wife.  Oh man I really was crazy reincarnation?  The truth was that I just wanted to see her again.  I was so lost in my thoughts that I missed a bite.

“Charlie are you even paying attention?  That’s the fourth catch you’ve missed today.”

“Yeah I know guys and in all honesty I’m really distracted today.   I never thought I would say this but my mind is not on fishing today.”

“Let me guess you have a hot date tonight.”

“Well no but who knows the day is still young.”

I was only half kidding but Billy and Harry burst out laughing so I didn’t mention where my thoughts had recently been.  I really didn’t feel like getting into a debate about my frame of mind or my sanity so I kept my mouth shut.  I tossed the line back into the water and waited for another bite.  I knew the guys thought I had finally done it I had lost my marbles but somehow I didn’t think so.  I really tried to stay focused on the task at hand but eventually my mind began to wander as I knew it would but this time I was lost in my memories of what used to be but would never be again. 

I could remember seeing her that first time and all I could think of was how the only thing I wanted at that moment in time was for her to love me.   She had looked so beautiful in a light lilac dress and her hair had been held back with rhinestone clips that glittered in the soft light.  I had loved her from that moment forward as if my life had meant nothing until then.  To me she was special, beautiful and irreplaceable.  I had been so afraid that she would laugh at my request for a dance but I had to hold her in my arms and feel her heart beat next to mine.  I had to know if her heart was doing this same erratic dance as mine.   My hands had been clammy as I crossed the gym with Sarah close by.  I had almost forgotten why I was there in the first place.  My sole purpose for coming that night was to get Sarah and Billy together.  I knew Billy was attending the dance with a friend of the family’s daughter and I knew that Billy and Sarah would be perfect together not to mention I had known he had a huge crush on her but he would never approach her on his own so that was why I was here.  As we made our way to the refreshment table I could see the candle light reflecting in her eyes and I wondered what she was thinking as she tried to look at me from her down turned eyes.  I wiped my palms on my one pair of dressy slacks.  I smiled and that was all it took for her to raise her eyes and smile back causing my breath to catch and my world to turn upside down.  I had eventually asked her to dance and she had shyly agreed.  I had been lost to her from that moment and I had never stopped loving her or missing her.  I had often asked God why he hated me so much for why else would he rip her out of my life so unexpectedly.  I couldn’t wrap my head around how a loving, caring God could leave a poor helpless baby with the likes of me.  I was always afraid that one day when Bella was older she would realize how much she had missed out on as a kid.  I knew that when most people thought about their childhood they recalled picnics at the park, daddies teaching them to ride a bicycle, mom’s baking cookies, tee-ball, birthday parties and picking flowers blowing in the wind.   Seldom do they see a grief riddled father who was a shell of the man he had once been or so withdrawn that he never even thought to have a birthday party for his only daughter who was the only good thing left in his life.   I knew that I had been a monumental failure and it hurt me to think of the memories that Bella would one day look back on. 

“Charlie I think it’s time we call it a day.   You’re a million miles away and Harry and I haven’t gotten a nibble all day.”

“I guess your right Billy let’s call it a day.”

I was ready to head home and see Bella before she headed out for the dance.  I knew she would look beautiful and I wanted to get a couple of pictures of her and Edward.  I pulled up to the docks and Harry jumped out to tie the boat off.  I gathered all of our things and then helped Billy out of the boat and into his chair.  We made it to the truck and headed to Billy’s first and then I dropped off Harry then headed to the police station before going home.

I found myself wondering about the course my life had taken and how I had ended up here.  I tried to imagine how my life could’ve been if things had been different on that day so many years ago.  I could envision Renee as a young mother and Bella blossoming at her touch and learning all of life’s lessons from her mother.  I sighed as I realized how big a failure I really was and how Bells deserved so much more than I had ever given her.  I had been a stupid, selfish man and I regretted how I had missed out on some of the best moments in life, moments I would never get back.  I pulled in front of the station just as my cell phone chirped at me.  I glanced at the caller id and saw that I had a text message.  I flipped the phone open and read the message, “Dad meet me at the station I need a favor.  I am on my way so please meet me there. Love Bells”

Well that was weird Bella never just dropped by the station and what kind of favor did she need?  I couldn’t help but wonder what was going on as I texted back.

“Already there waiting 4 u love Dad”

I could feel my stomach balling up into knots and my mouth suddenly went dry.  I began to pray that she and her friends had not gotten into any trouble.  I climbed out of the car and went inside to check in.

I made my way to my office and closed the door behind me.  I flipped the light on and was surprised to see that someone had been in my office.  There were pictures scattered on my desk and old faded homecoming flyer left from a lifetime ago.  I ran my fingers over the black print and the stars that covered the paper.   I raised my eyes to see a garment bag hanging on the back of the closed door.  I was scratching my head as I heard Bella laughing in the lobby.   I sure hope she had some idea of what the hell was going on around here.

It gets better avery time, cant wait for more!

Hi Tammie,

Thanks so much I am so glad you are enjoying the story. I will have next two chapters up tonight.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!

Hugs

sarah

loved it cant wait til charlie see renee

Hi Tonya posting next two chapters tonight!!Thanks for reading!!
Hugs
Sarah

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service