The Twilight Saga

Preface

I looked at the now silvery pink scars that ran down my entire arm.  Had he really done this?  Had he really scarred me for life?

It made sense that I would get hurt, I hadn’t wanted to see myself fighting my best friend.  I hadn’t opened my
eyes once. 

Had I really been angry enough to attack him?  My hands shook with fury.  I
wasn’t angry with him, I couldn’t stay mad at him; I had never been able to.  I was mad at myself.  Mad at myself because I had been so
close to hurting him.  When all he
had done was try to protect me.

“Kensee, I’m so sorry.  Please, you have to forgive me.” I hadn’t heard him come up behind me, but now that I knew he was
there, I couldn’t help but be angry. 

“Look at what you did!  And all you wanted to do was help!”  I held out my arm so he could see it… still without ever looking at his face.

“Please, look at me!  You have to believe me!  I… that… that wasn’t me!”  His words forced me to
turn around and look at him in disgust.

“What do you mean it wasn’t you, you-“ I stopped, unable to think around the feeling overcoming me now.  He looked at me like a blind man seeing the light for the first
time.  I must have been staring at
him the same way.  The fragile
lines that ran down my arm had not only caused me pain, but had also given me a
reason to turn around and face the one thing that was my life now.  My only reason for living.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Views: 385

Replies to This Discussion

The thing is.... I also have to write chapters for my other story... so I switch back in forth between writing for each story... and as of now, I'm writing for The Renewal.... so...

It'll be a while, a few days probably :( sorry :(

dont worry. a few days is nothing LOL :)
I use the same strategy, so it's completely understandable.

Thirteen

“Are you sure you want to go to school… I mean you can always stay home…”

“I’m fine mom, I’m not going to run away from Roark because he’s a jerk.  I’ll chew him up and spit him out if that’s what it takes for me to finally get rid of him for good.”

“Lets try to avoid that at all costs, shall we?” I threw my purse on the floor in the front seat of the car, while my mother climbed in on the driver’s side.  Bailey climbed into the back seat with Alice and Jane, and leaned forward. 

“What are you going do with that?” she asked, pointing to my arm.  I was wearing an olive green shirt; it was thin and lacey… and only went down to my elbow.

“Crap!” It was the first time since the day after the accident that I had even looked at it.  “Do you really think people are going to notice?”

“It’s pretty obvious…”

“It looks like your arm had a baby… and those are the stretch marks that got left behind.” Alice murmured.

“Alice, nobody wants your opinion… so shut up.”

“Hey… that’s a good excuse… stretch marks?  I mean… it’s pretty obvious you did get taller, so just say they’re stretch marks from growing.”

“See, my opinion does-“

“Shut up Alice.” She rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms over her chest.  Pouting.  “Big baby.”

“Stretch marks.”

“Midget.”

“Battle scars.”

“Leech.”

“Mutt.”

“Shut up!” Bailey, Jane, and my mother all yelled at once.

~

I had PE first period, which allowed for most of the interrogating to happen all at once.  I was grateful to get it over with.  Mostly everyone believed my stretch mark excuse but a few, the girls who hadn’t asked me themselves but preferred to stand back and listen where the ones who seemed skeptical.  But then again, they were the same girls who had always been jealous of my relationship with Roark… I figured I’d let them think what they wanted and find out the truth through a rude awakening later.

“You never told me the story behind these…” Holly said walking beside me on the way to the gym.  We were having a co-ed badminton tournament.  “They look like Emily’s scars…”

“I got them the same way.  If that’s what you’re asking.”

“Who…”

“Austin.  I’ll explain later, if you really want to know.” We had entered the gym, and I was done talking about the subject, afraid someone would hear.

I went to grab a racquet and find a partner when a pair of arms I would know anywhere grabbed me from behind.  I accidentally let out a squeal as he threw me over his shoulder, and handed me a racquet while I hung upside down over his back.

“Uley, no flirting! Come on this is PE!” Coach Turner yelled.  Turner was the boys PE teacher, he was strict and a little intimidating, but a very good person.  I would know.

“Come on coach!  I only get to see her every second of everyday!” Austin yelled sarcastically making me blush.  “And every night.” He leaned down to whisper in my ear.  My breath caught in my throat and I blushed a deeper red.  Images from the first night we had been together flashed through my head and my legs started to shake.

“What about tonight?” I giggled.  He set me down on my feet and grinned.

“Same time as always?”

“After patrol.” I whispered before walking away.  He caught up to me and wrapped his arm around my waist leading me in the direction of the court he was playing at. 

“You’re my partner.” He chuckled pinching my side and making me squeal and duck out from under his arm.  We were playing against two other guys, both of them looked muscled and strong.  I grinned, knowing they would be devastated to loose to Austin and I… they probably had a reputation to uphold, one we would break.

We had beaten them in 8 minutes flat.  It was the rematch, though, that seemed to take longer.  I ran backwards, trying to catch the hit and keep the game going.  I tripped suddenly, and couldn’t catch myself because I hadn’t been paying attention.  It was what I had tripped over, that made me mad.

As I lay sprawled out on the gym floor, I looked up to see Roark with a smirk on his face, just in time to also see him stumbled back and hit the wall.

“So you get a kick out of tripping girls huh?” Austin helped me up before stepping so close to Roark that if he got any closer, they would be kissing.

“Yeah, especially her.” He spat.  Austin shoved him into the wall again.

“Don’t touch her.  Ever.” Alice was standing next to Austin now, having seen the incident from across the gym.

“Guys stop…”

“Get out of my way.” Roark walked calmly past Austin, and tried to shove Alice out of the way just barely knocking her back and inch.

“Wrong move kid.” She stepped in front of him again and put a hand on his chest.  He stepped forward like he was going to hit her, then I stepped in.

Stop!” I shouted making the entire gym fall silent.  Not one person made a move towards us to intervene.  I guess it was due to the looks on Austin’s, Alice’s faces, and mine.  I grabbed a fistful of Roark’s shirt and pulled him away from the others, and got close to his face.  “If you ever lay a hand on either of them again-“ I turned him to face the wall on the opposite side of the gym.  “-You see that wall?  You’ll be thrown through it.”

“You think you’re so tough because you have him as a boyfriend?  He probably couldn’t throw me five feet!”

“He wont be doing the throwing.  I will.”

“Sure…” he said sarcastically and started to walk away.  I felt my hands shaking; the shaking was starting to travel up my arms as well.

I grabbed the back of his shirt, using a lot of force to pull him back and make him stumble.  I laid a solid punch in his face, both hearing and feeling the bone of his nose crunch under my hand.  Before he could fall to the ground I grabbed his shoulder and threw him, letting him slide across the gym floor with a look a pure shock on his face.

The gym remained silent as I walked calmly to stand over him, letting my hands shake out of control, but keeping control over every other part of my body.

“You’re the one who screwed up.  Not me.  Don’t make my life a living hell because of a mistake you made.  Oh, and by the way, tell the little tramp you cheated on me with I said thanks.  If it weren’t for her… well, I’d still be with you.” I winked and spun on my heels and walked into the locker room to change.  I was done with P.E. for the day.

When I finished changing I walked back into the gym to grab Austin.  Everything was still dead silent, except for Roark in the corner of the gym furthest from the locker rooms complaining to the coaches about his bloody nose and the few whispers coming from the groups who couldn’t believe what had just happened.

~

Of course I had gotten called into the office.  So had Austin… And Alice.  Apparently Roark had accused Alice of shoving him too.  I figured Alice would do a lot more than “shove” him if he kept it up.  Esme walked through the door of the principle’s office gracefully, with Sam stomping in behind her.  Their faces both held a hint of stress, but mostly held a lot of held back humor. 

As of now, they were trying not to laugh.  I would laugh to, if I had to come bail out my “problem children”.  I chuckled to myself as they sat down, and the principal gave me a dirty look.

“We called you in here because your children seemed to have caused a fight.”

“It really wasn’t a fight, we were merely solving a problem.” Alice interjected.  “Kensee just has a temper and-“

“Alice, do you mind?”

“Not at all.” She muttered sarcastically, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms over her chest.

“You see, Mrs. Cullen, Mr. Uley, you’re children are good students.  They follow the rules, and have above perfect grades.  Which is why their behavior this morning is such a shock.” I leaned forward onto his desk.

“You see… this is really all, well not a misunderstanding… but this is how we handle our problems.  I’m sure you know he cheated on me… it’s been around the school dozens of times, and even the teachers talk about it.  Believe me, it was a shock to me too.  Austin has been my best friend since I was a baby, and we’re together now… Roark doesn’t seem to like that, even though he screwed up.  I reached my limit this morning, and as a result, Roark ended up with a broken nose.”

The principal stared at me, wide eyed and shocked.  It was probably the most he had ever heard me speak since I’d come here my freshman year.

Esme went into business mode then.

“Mr.-“ she glanced down at the nameplate on his desk.  “Mr. Robinson… you know, and I know, that my family is very generous in the way of donations to the school.  We value our children’s education, and we very much consider Austin to be a part of our family.”

“Yes well…” Esme flicked on the charm.

“I’m pretty sure you know where this is going.  What is it going to take to make this disappear?”

“Well, as you know we are trying to build a new gym and football field…”

“So…$5000, and $200 under the table for your troubles?” there were suddenly $200 on the table in front of Esme.

“Consider it forgotten.”

~

“I can’t believe you broke his nose!  You are my niece!” Emmett shouted excitedly slapping my back with an exaggerated congrats.

“And my daughter.” Momma and Dad said at the same time.  They laughed.

“ I can’t believe he tried to shove me out of the way!  If there hadn’t been so many people around… I would have thrown him through the basketball hoop on the opposite side of the court!” Alice ranted.

“I can’t believe you threw him across the gym!” Austin said, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

“You threw him across the room?” Emmett thundered.

“Well… he wasn’t really thrown… I threw him on the floor, and he slid across the gym floor.”

“Holy crap!” Emmett seemed too proud… he was the worst influence ever.  The thought made me smile.

~

Everyone went out hunting; I opted out and stayed home… with Austin.  We were in my room watching movies; cuddled up together the way we did were all the time.  His arms around my waist, my head on his shoulder and holding his hands on my lap.

“What time do we need to be at patrol…?” I asked sleepily.

“I told them we wouldn’t be there…  I promised you today I would be here tonight… that we would be here tonight.” He brushed my hair away and kissed my neck.  My breath caught in my throat and I twisted to kiss him back.  I smiled under his lips, and laid my head on his shoulder.  He pulled the sleeve up on my shirt on my right arm and traced the lines of the scars.  They were healed now, a perfect silvery pink in color.  They were tender, but not infected or sore anymore.  

“I’m sorry…”

“Austin, don’t start that again… please.” I looked down at them too.  “They’re actually kind of pretty, in a weird way…”

“Whatever you say…” he rolled on top of me, kissing me again.  The butterflies picked up in my stomach again, almost a thousand times worse than they had been the first time.  My hands shook as I unbuttoned the flannel he had worn to school that day.  He started to laugh.

“What?”

“I love you Kensee.” He lowered his head and kissed my forehead.

“I love you too.”

“You know how you said you didn’t think the girl I imprinted on would be good enough?”

“Are we really having this conversation now?”

“I think she’s more than good enough.” he tucked a strand of hair behind my hair and kissed me again. 

I would never get enough of nights like this… never get enough of him.

Awww!!!:DDDD

Loved it!(:

WOOOH GO KENSEE !!!! Roark deserves that !!! if i were alice i would have thrown him through the basket ball ring just see what all the students would do LOL :D

Love Austin! <3 :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what Roark deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jaja  LOVED it update soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMAZING !!<3 <3

Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: Hannah~Bicycle~ is suspended so i speak for her too!

loved it!  totally hilarious. LMAO!

Really like this chapter ! Emmett was to funny being soo proud of her.

Roark totally deserved what he got, he should have gotten more perhaps a few broken ribs.

The ending was cute :)

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service