The Twilight Saga

The third story in Twilight-Harry Potter Cross-Over, the Half Blood Vampire follows the Cullens as they become further involved in the world of Harry Potter during the events of The Half Blood Prince. What happens when a rapidly maturing Renesmee and Jacob's wolf pack become more and more connected with the world of wizards? And how is Aro and the Volturi involved with He Who Shall Not be Named and his followers, the Death Eaters? Is it all connected?

If you haven't read the other two, please click here for the first story in the Series, Cullens go to Hogwarts, placed during the Tri-Wizard Tournament or here for Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks for the second book placed during Order of the Phoenix and Breaking Dawn.

Other Fan Fictions by Erica

Actors Hooked on Fan Fiction COMPLETE

Cullens go to Hogwarts COMPLETE
Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks COMPLETE
Eclipse EPOV IN PROGRESS

One Shots:

First Kiss EPOV COMPLETE
Edward Decides to Leave COMPLETE

Chapters in PDF and Hyperlink for The Half-Blood Vampire

HBV Ch 1.pdf   Chapter 1: A New Adventure

HBV Ch 2.pdf   Chapter 2: Just Can't Walk Away

HBV Ch 3.pdf   Chapter 3: Curiosities

HBV Ch 4.pdf   Chapter 4: Where There's A Will...

HBV Ch 5.pdf   Chapter 5: Love Lives and Love Lost

HBV Ch 6.pdf   Chapter 6: History and Biology

HBV Ch 7.pdf   Chapter 7: Young Love, First Love...

HBV Ch 8.pdf   Chapter 8: Hogwarts Recruitment Drive

HBV Ch 9.pdf   Chapter 9: Everything

HBV Ch 10.pdf Chapter 10: Complication

HBV Ch 11.pdf Chapter 11: Should I Stay or Should I go?

HBV Ch 12.pdf Chapter 12: New Week New Accomodations

HBV Ch 13.pdf Chapter 13: Diagon Alley

HBV Ch 14.pdf Chapter 14: Hogwarts Express

HBV Ch 15.pdf Chapter 15: The Sorting Hat

HBV Ch 16.pdf Chapter 16: Meanwhile Back at the Crypt

HBV Ch 17.pdf Chapter 17: First Day of School

HBV Ch 18.pdf Chapter 18: Malfoy Manor

HBV Ch 19.pdf Chapter 19: Life and Death

HBV Ch 20.pdf  Chapter 20: Restless

Tags: Bella, Edward, Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter, Jacob, Renesmee, Twilight

Views: 7339

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,

No, I haven't given up. I had written quite a bit - gotten a few chapters ahead, but when I went back to edit I felt it was missing the connection back to Nessie and the folks at Hogwarts. So I went back and started trying to weave the story back in. And then yearend hit and I did 120 hours of overtime in a month - so that kept me busy. But there is definitely more coming. I think I'm becoming much more picky about what I post. I used to just write it, give it a quick read, and then post. But then I took a writing class and now I'm analyzing everything... maybe the class was a mistake! ha ha.

take your time and post when you can. I love your story.

------------------------------------------------------------X X X---------------------------------------------------------------

You post........ we enjoy........ sorted !

------------------------------------------------------------X X X----------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hope you've done with been picky and post woman. lol. Just kidding. The class wasn't a mistake, it makes you do better (more than you already were OMG) Your work was already amazing as it was, the way you portray the characters -just as if the own authors would have done it, with this experience the flow of the writing should be even more spectacular. Just hoping to get a new chapter sooner. lol

Hope that everyting is great and that you are doing excellent.

Your readers will be waiting for you as patiently and we can lol.

Yay!
Erica please:( pretty please.
Post! And Ill be your best friend. Lol
no seriously thought its been forever. I need new!

take your time :D

this is a great story and i can't wait until the next chapter!!!

Chapter 19: Life and Death

** RENESSMEE**

Okay, what was going on? I peered out from the Quidditch stands into the dark forest. Where was my Jake? I hadn't seen, heard or felt him since I arrived. Something was up.

“Bloody 'ell. Every'un and their owl is tryin' out.” Bert moaned. “I haven't a chance.”

“Zer not 'ere to try out,” Natasha said with a flick of her wrist toward the field where Harry was hovering a few feet off the ground, looking over the crowd, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. “Iz him. Za 'Chosen One'.”

“What?” I asked, turning from my constant search.

“Oh, come on, Nessie. You can't tell me that Mr. Potter doesn't turn your crank even a little?” Mandy said dreamily.

I looked down to the field and then at the crowd around us. Other then a few guys, broom in hand, wearing Quidditch gear and hopeful expressions, the crowd was predominately female.

“They're all here to, what, check him out?”

“Of course.” Natasha said non-nonchalantly.

“You know, me mom believed 'im all along.” Bert replied. “When the Daily Prophet was sayin' how he was full of it. Oh, they're callin' us up.” She jumped up and made her way down to the field.

“Good luck,” Mandy, Natasha and I called after her.

A group of kids from our year went first. Most couldn't even handle a broom. One flew right into a goalpost.

“Where's Bert?” Mandy asked.

I scanned the very large group down on field level. “There she is,” I pointed, “she's slipped in with Ginny.”

“Good move. She would've been downed in that first group.”

I peered off into the woods again, reaching out beyond the cheers of the crowd, the hum of nervous conversation between potential candidates and even the chirp of the birds perched on the limbs of trees. Jake, where are you?

“Eye, they've caught one of them,” a kid announced behind us, pointing to his copy of the Daily Prophet. “'Stanley Shunpike, conductor on the popular wizarding conveyance the Knight Bus, has been arrested on suspicion of Death Eater activity. Mr. Shunpike, 21, was taken into custody late last night after a raid on his Clapham home...'”

“Stanley Shunpike? Not likely. Met him once. He's full of pumpkin juice. Nothin' to it, likely.”

“Well, they'd better be locking up more of 'em. Mum and Dad just about didn't let me come back this year.”

“What do they think – it's any safer out there? I heard Hannah Abbott's mum was found dead. And there've been muggle attacks all over. It's not safe anywhere.”

There was a collective shiver. Or maybe it was just me. Suddenly the stands were too congested. I just couldn't sit there anymore.

“Where are you going?” Mandy asked as I suddenly got up.

“I just need some air.” I said as I pushed my way through a gaggle of girls, giggling as they made eyes at the guys waiting their turn to try out. Stupid twits. I broken into a jog down the towering steps until I made it to the open field beyond the stadium. I was about to break out into a full run when I found myself face down in the grass.

What? I tripped?

“Where do you think you're going?”

I turned to see Kristina standing, wand in hand. I glared back at her. She offered a hand, I ignored it and jumped to my feet.

“What do you think you're doing?”

“Stopping you from making a fool of yourself, for one,” she said quietly, glancing around.

As I'd left the stands I'd felt alone, finally away from the throngs. With a sinking feeling I eyed the groups hanging around, a couple here and there making out or 'snogging' as my friends would say, a handful of latecomers just arriving. If I'd broken into a run, a real run as I'd planned to, my cover would have been completely blown.

“Thank you,” I whispered back.

She smiled and nodded. “Let's go for a walk.”

She linked her arm in mine and we walked away from the crowd skirting the castle. As we walked in silence, I kept my eye on the forest, hoping for some movement or a familiar growl. The forest was eerily quiet.

“I'm just as worried as you are,” she said quietly as she peered off into the forest.

“Have you heard anything?” I asked eagerly, watching her from the corner of my eye.

She shook her head. “Nothing since London. Not a note, not a glance. I look out at the forest every day, you know. I even came out to visit Hagrid one night, hoping that there, on the edge of the forest, Seth would find me.”

“Do you think...” I started to ask, then shook my head. I couldn't even think anything like that.

“He's fine. Something's happened, but Seth is fine.”

How do you know? I asked through my touch on her forearm.

“If it wasn't, I'd feel it.” She turned and looked at me. “Wouldn't you?”

“Yeah,” I nodded my head.

She smiled and sighed relief. “It's nice to hear it from someone else.”

I tightened my grasp on her arm. It was nice to find solace somewhere.

As we neared the forest I could hear a large bellowing sob. “Is that Hagrid?” I asked.

“What?”

“Oh, you probably can't hear it yet. I think Hagrid is crying.”

“Yeah, probably. He was pretty upset when I stopped by the other day.”

“What's wrong?”

She shrugged, “He wouldn't say. He'd been drinking and mumbled something about Aragog and Harry leavin' him... it was all very confusing. I just comforted him and left.”

We continued on along the edge of the forest. I think we both hoped to see a tuft of fur, or the flash of wolf eyes too high for any natural sized wolf passing through the trees. When we'd gone as far as we could, we turned and headed back in silence.

Half way back to Hagrids I tugged on Kristina's arm, pulling her to a stop. “Someone's at Hagrid's.”

“Who?”

I touched my fingers to her forearm again and let the voices pass through my mind. Harry, Hermione and Ron were trying to convince Hagrid they wanted to take his class, but couldn't fit it in their schedule.

Kristina snorted, “not bloody likely.”

We walked on, cutting across the grounds as I eavesdropped on their conversation.

Kristina frowned when Hagrid burst into tears again. “We shouldn't be listening in... this... this is private.” But she didn't pull her arm away.

Aragog? A colony... of what? I wondered.

Kristina shook her head. We'd reached the front gate where Bert, Natasha and Mandy accosted us.

“Where have you been?”

“We've been looking all over.”

“Ve've been so worried.”

I smiled as Kristina squeezed my arm. “I'm glad to see you're settling in.” She said, like we were old family friends, and then turned to leave.

I nodded, “Thanks for checking in on me,” I replied and turned to my friends. “Sorry, I just went for a walk. Say, how did tryouts go, Bernie?”

It was a great deflection. “I didn't get in, of course.” She said with a shrug.

“But you should have seen her -  she was brilliant! She lasted longer then any of the other first or second years...” Mandy reported enthusiastically, launching into a description of her efforts at Beater and then Chaser.

“Yez, she has a very good shot next year, I think.” Natasha added.

Bert shrugged, “It was pretty intense.”

“Oh, I almost forgot. Professor Slughorn was looking for you after the try outs. He asked me to give you this,” Mandy handed over a sealed envelope.

You are cordially invited to join

yours truly and a few of your colleagues

for an evening of conversation and dinner...

“What's this?” I asked, showing it to the girls.

“Ooo. You've made zee Slug Club.”

“What is the Slug Club?”

“My mother told me – Professor Slughorn gathers up his favourite students. People he thinks have 'potential'.”

“Potential?” I asked.

“People who might become something.”

I frowned. “I'm nothing.”

“Apparently Professor Slughorn doesn't think so.”

** EDWARD**

“She's had a lot of broken bones that haven't healed properly. Some I could re-break. Others, I'm not sure if I'd do more harm than good.” Carlisle reported.

Jacob moaned. He'd been through the procedure once himself.

“But there's a more pressing matter at hand.”

“What? What is it?” Cedric asked as he sat by Leah, his hand entangled with hers.

“Leah is pregnant.”

“But I... she can't... I stopped...” Cedric head bowed in anguish. Leah reached up to stroke his hair, comforting him.

“No, it's impossible,” Cedric argued, “it can't be, how? How?” he shouted at Carlisle.

But it wasn't Carlisle who responded.

“I fought it,” Leah said softly, “I fought him off as hard as I could, only I couldn't phase. The house elf must have figured it out and I couldn't after that one time. He said I had to remain in my human form or it wouldn't work. And then... Oh, I was so stupid.”

“No, love, Leah... no you weren't.”

“They said you'd come to take me back. They said they had you – that you were in another part of the manor. They brought me a finger. It smelled like you. I thought... oh God. I thought they were torturing you too.”

“Shh, it's okay. Leah, it's fine. The more you fought, they more they'd hurt you.”

“But I let them... I let him...”

Leah leaned over and heaved bile on to the floor.

When she was done Esme handed her a glass of water. She drank it back and rested her head.

“I'll prepare the office. I didn't think I'd need my medical equipment, but I should be able to locate some nearby.” Carlisle said calmly. “We'll take care of the fetus first, then I'll do what I can for the rest of her injuries.”

“No,” Leah said.

“I'm sorry, but at the rate it's growing, we need to act now,” Carlisle replied.

“No, what I mean is, I want to keep it.”

“But why?” Cedric asked, startled.

“Ced, if this is my only chance – the only way to have a child. Even if it was like this...”

“I'm sorry,” Carlisle interrupted, “but you need to know – this isn't like Bella's pregnancy. Already the growth rate far exceeds Renesmee's and your body isn’t adjusting to the change. And, if it’s venomous, it will kill you. Please think seriously about this.”

“Leah, I can't live without you. Please, we'll find another way. Now that we know you can get pregnant, we can figure it out.”

“But I AM pregnant now,” Leah replied, with real strength in her voice for the first time since the rescue. “This might be my only chance.”

“What I'm trying to tell you,” Carlisle argued, “Is this isn't your chance. Even in your human form, your body is still made of wolf DNA. Your cells that contributed to the make up the fetus are wolf DNA. I've taken samples of some of your tribe. Some contain the extra set of chromosomes, others do not. They might not even be compatible.”

“The elf said if I stayed human...”

Carlisle sighed, “Please reconsider this carefully. I don't think you will carry this baby to term.”

Leah turned her face away and stared at the far wall. Cedric simply sat limp by her bed side. Carlisle motioned to me to follow him. We went to his office, far enough away that Leah probably wouldn't be able to hear.

“I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone, but why don't you think Leah would be any less successful carrying a baby to term than a human.”

“Like I said, I don't believe her body will adjust to accommodate.”

“There's more, though.”

“If the fetus if venomous, It will either kill her, or her body will fight to destroy it. I simply can't see how this will turn out well. I put the cells together under the microscope. Human and wolf, or human and vampire, the coexist. Wolf and vampire… well, they don't play well together.”

“Yes, but we thought the same about Bella. Maybe it will work out.” I suggested hopefully. I couldn't bear to see my friend suffer another blow.

Carlisle shook his head. I don't see how.

Hey all - Just a note, I can't seem to send out any messages now. I can only reply to messages people send me or make comments - but I can't do group emails like I did before.

I did leave comments on those of you who left me a comment. Hope that is okay.

I'm trying to figure out a better way for people to get updates. I suppose you can "follow", but then you'll get everyone's reply to this... the other thing I've been considering is starting a separate discussion for comments. This would allow people to follow this discussion and get an email whenever I post... anyway those are my thoughts at the moment on how to help you enjoy this story when I finally post it all!

Thanks again for reading. I hope you enjoy...

That was a great chapter! I liked how you didn't forget about Renesmee's gift and vampire traits. I loved it :)

Loved it Erica x x x

Great chapter :) I have missed your updates sooo much glad to hear from you again :) Hope you can update soon and take care :D

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service