The Twilight Saga

THE HOST NEWS

I'll post news about The Host Movie & Books & You also can post any thing related to the Host Movie & Book!

Views: 5015

Replies to This Discussion

The Host Will Be A Three Movie Series

His next project will be as director and writer of The Host, adapting the best-selling novel by Twilight author Stephanie Meyer about aliens inhabiting human life forms.
“It’s a liberating feeling that I’ll be directing something I haven’t had to make up. It’ll be fun. But I have to say, Stephanie gave me her 650-page book to adapt. That’s a workout to start with but I’ve managed to get it down to a script and there are two more movies coming after the initial movie,” he says. Clearly, he enjoys a challenge. “Well, yes. At first I thought, ‘this is going to be impossible’.”

Stephenie Meyer has always said that she envisioned The Host as a trilogy: The Host, The Seeker, The Soul

So if I understood right there's gonna be a movie based on The Host, and then the movie based on the The Seeker & movie based on The Soul?

I hope they won't make 3 movies based just on The Host, it has no sense to me.

I'm not sure but That what I heard.  I also heard that, maybe this is a lie, I'm not sure. But I think Stephanie Meyer might do a series on The Host. Or that the movie is going to be in 3 parts.

I'm still trying to find some information on this topic.

Jake Abel is the Frontrunner For Ian in The Host

“ Actor Jake Abel is frontrunner to play one of the two male lead roles in The Host, the adaptation of the science fiction novel by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer that will star Saoirse Ronan and be directed by Andrew Niccol, who wrote the script. Negotiations are expected to begin soon. Abel was chosen from among a group of young thesps and he is negotiating for the role of Ian.”

Max Irons to play Jared in “The Host” movie

EXCLUSIVE From  EW.com

The important role of Jared Howe will be played by 26-year-old actor Max Irons, EW has learned. 

Irons, son of Oscar-winning and golden-throated actor Jeremy Irons, was last seen in this year’s Red Riding Hood. For this project, he joins director Andrew Niccol (In Time,Gattaca) and the long-attached Saoirse Ronan, who will play Melanie Stryder, a young woman who shares her body with an alien force known as Wanderer. Since no Meyer novel is complete without some complicated relationship geometry, Jake Abel has been cast in the role of Ian, a man who falls in love with Wanderer despite the fact that she is in the body of Melanie who is in love with Jared. Fans of the book, may I suggest you start preparing your visual aids and PowerPoint explanations now.

The film will begin shooting in February in Louisiana and then New Mexico and will mark one of the first productions for Open Road Films, a young distribution company backed by AMC and Regal theater chains.

Not happy about that choice but I'll see the movie and then make my opinion. :)

Ian and Jared Cast in Stephenie Meyer’s ‘The Host’
Three of the biggest characters from the movie adaptation of Stephenie Meyer’s The Host are now cast. Joining Saoirse Ronan, who will play Melanie Stryder, are Max Irons and Jake Abel. This means both male leads, Jared and Ian, have now been cast. According to Entertainment Weekly, Jared will be played by Max Irons while Ian will be played by Jake Abel.
“Stephenie Meyer ain’t done with you yet. Her best-selling 2008 science-fiction novel The Host — her only non-Twilight work to date — is in the process of being turned into a film, so expect to hear plenty of news about it between now and its March 29, 2013 release date. In fact, here’s some right now: The important role of Jared Howe will be played by 26-year-old actor Max Irons” and “Jake Abel has been cast in the role of Ian, a man who falls in love with Wanderer despite the fact that she is in the body of Melanie who is in love with Jared.”

Jared:

Ian

I just realized I know Jake Abel! He played Adam Milligan (a.k.a. Adam Winchester) in SPN. Also he was the bully in I am number four. He has... strange (I don't think it's the best word for it but can't find any better) type of, er, beauty (can I use the word "beauty" to describe male?!). He looks great in the pic you chose to show how he looks like. I wonder how he's gonna look like in the movie...

Agik. I know. What SPN? Lol. Sorry. You know what I have never seen I am # 4.  Yah I also wonder who he going to look. You know in the book hes kind off puff.

Oops, sorry. SPN = Supernatural. TV show about two brothers fighting with monsters, ghosts etc. Adam showed up in 5th season if I remember correctly.

See I am number four, it's funny. :)

Okay. I will see # 4 Soon. Hmm. I really not into Supernatural at all.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service