The Twilight Saga

Thank you RussetWolfLuv (And Shadow_Kissed) for the amazing banner!

The Perfect Ghost

Summary: At twelve, Edward Cullen never believed in anything from myths to ghosts and everything in between. Everything changes once he is forced to move to Washington in a small town called Forks. He and his parents move into the Swan house, which claims to be full of injured souls or ghosts. When he meets a little girl named, Isabella, she convinces him to cross over and help them. Edward and Isabella go on a journey to save the defenseless spirits and in the end, Edward will have to make a decision that may just change his life forever.

Preface: I could not believe it, but there she stood. She was tall, beautiful, and proud. A smirk plastered to her face; however, you could still see the fear and bewilderment in her exquisite eyes. When I stepped closer, tears began to pool. “Your mind is made up, Edward.” She bowed and disappeared into the mist.

Chapter One: The New House

Edward gracefully stepped out of his parents’ Honda. The music blaring from his iPod’s earplugs could be heard from a yard away. His parents glanced at him; their faces reflected their mood, guilt sodden. Edward trudged up the porch steps and leaned against the front door. His black converse sneaker kicked the rotting entryway. “Edward, honey, the door is open. Why don’t you go inside and look for your room?” Esme Cullen called out.

“Whatever.” he sighed. Edward dragged his heels inside and froze. The house had a reek of dead freesia and decaying wood.

The instant you walked through the door you had a direct view of the kitchen. After ambling all the way through you arrived in the living room. The living room was completely supplied with their furniture but the fixtures looked to rich in the dull atmosphere. Edward turned to the stairs and squinted. The flights of steps were blocked by a bizarre, glowing mist.

He ignored it, as most twelve year olds would and sauntered forward. The mist clouded around his head and in his ears, Edward sworn to himself he could hear a hiss of anger. The stairs were old and loud. With every step taken a shrill creek would resound in your ears.

The fog finally disappeared when he reached the second story, but Edward could see it slowly drift away into another room. He trailed after it and entered a small bedroom with a single bed sitting in the middle of the area. A rust covered window was filtering incandescent sunrays into the dark room. He glanced to the left and peered into the small closet.

“Is this the room you want?” a soft voice asked from behind him. Edward spun around to look at his baby sister, Alice. He glared at her coldly. “I’m sorry, Eddie!” she cried. His gaze softened and he knelt next to her.

“It’s ok, Alice.” Edward held his pale arms in front of him and little Alice ran into them.

“Let’s look for my room!” she giggled. He hoisted her scrawny body into his arms and carried her down the hall. “Wait! I want that room!” she screamed.

Edward sighed, “Alice, this is the bathroom. You cannot sleep in here. What about this room?” he walked into an octagonal, blue room. Alice frowned.

“If I sleep in here, then I wont be able to get you if the ghosts-”

Edward snorted, “There is no such thing as ghosts!” Alice gasped and clutched the air.

“Try telling that to Charlie!”

“Is Charlie a ghost?” Alice nodded. Edward set her on the floor. “Well, this is your room. I am ten yards away. Go tell mom you found your room, so she can put your stuff in your room.” he demanded. Alice screeched and stamped her shiny, black flats. She grabbed the edges of her pink dress and screamed louder.

“Stop, Renee!”

Edward hissed, “Alice, there isn’t any ghosts. Now go tell mom!” She glowered at him and raced out of the room. He smiled as silence filled his ears and slowly made his way back to the other bedroom. The mist was floating in front of the window now. Edward slammed the door closed and inspected the rest of the span. His feet slid on the old wood and insignificant splinters stuck into his souls.

Suddenly a plank cracked and his leg plunged into the gap. Edward kept his mouth clamped shut so his mother would not be alarmed. After awhile of dangling he pulled his leg from the hole and glimpsed in the hole. There, in a cloud a white mist was a pile of dusty diaries dated all the way back to 1699.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope people enjoyed the first chapter of my first fan fiction! Plz tell me what you think and COMMENT!

Luv, Lexi

Views: 284

Replies to This Discussion

awsome chp. plz keep me updated
I liked it a lot. and seriously cant wait for more. do you want a banner? because I'd love to make one for this.
Interesting actually. I liked it, so... could you please post some more asap?!
Hugs,
Ashley
\this is rlly good ur a great writerrr
i love it!
SO GOOD MORE SOON

big fan
britt
i loved it
luved it! post more soon =)
LOOOOOOVE it!! :D
More soon please!
yes, a banner would be great.
Wow, thx for all the comments
REALLY AWESOME KEEP WRITING PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!!!!!! NEW READER
Chapter Three: Meeting a Ghost
Edward’s heart was pounding so hard his ribs were aching. The house was silent except for the soft snores heard from her parent’s room. He carefully and inaudibly shoved the key into the door and turned. The door swung open and revealed the white mist, glowing cheerfully.

It led him to the gaping hole in the floor and shot down into the darkness. Edward did not hesitate to follow. His feet slammed onto the ground below and he stumbled to the cardboard boxes packed full of diaries. He wrenched one out and opened it. The mist floated next to him and shone with a cheerful glow.

Opening the journal to the first page, he read:

Diary,

My head aches, my body is sore, and mother is keeping secrets from me. I have fallen deathly ill. Every light I see is blinding and a slight movement causes me moan. The agony is too real. I overheard mother and the doctor talking outside to parlor. He said I do not have much time left. Does that mean I am dying? I am scared. What will happen when I die? I dream of a wonderful field of flowers and a peace-filled world that no one has to worry about. Violence is unheard of and love, love surrounds everyone-

Edward glanced up at the mist. It was bowed over the book, its light slowly dimming. He continued to read.

I must go. Mother is coming . . . She cannot know I fear death. Her and father are worried enough. ~Isabella Swan

The mist grew brighter and brighter and light became so intense that he had to look away. A gust of wind blew at the back of his neck and suddenly the light disappeared. Slowly, he glimpsed behind him and gasped in amazement. Behind him was a little girl, panting. He studied her.

She had large brown eyes, sickly pale skin, wavy mahogany hair and a small smile plastered on her face. When she looked up at him she huffed, “Edward Cullen?”

He took a step back. “Yes,”

“I need your help”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, I am sorry the chapter was a bit short but I am having a serious case of the writers block. Well, Plz comment!
Luv, Lexi

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service