The Twilight Saga

Thanks for reading my fan fiction! This story is a variation of Stephenie's saga. It starts in New Moon when Charlie talks Renee into coming to get Bella after she is abandoned by Edward, and ends in Breaking Dawn.

How will Bella's absence from Forks affect her relationship with Edward once he returned? Read below and find out. I promise it will be a page turner.

-TRCreations

Chapter One
RPOV
Plans

I paced anxiously back and forth on the cool ceramic tile that lined the floor of my Florida living room. It was 7:30 in the morning. Phil, my husband, was still asleep in the next room; a feat that was proving to be harder and harder for me to accomplish lately. I had never been the mother figure in my relationship with my only child, Bella, but no mother can stand by while their child is in pain.

Should I call? Is it too early? There’s what, a three hour time difference? I thought to myself, trying to decide whether to call Charlie. Charlie. He was so worried about Bella. I’ve never heard such strain in his voice, even during our few years of marriage, than what I heard when he called to give me updates on Bella’s condition.

I still remember the night I got the frantic phone call from him, when Bella went missing. It still sends chills down my spine to think that my child was lost, missing, out in the woods in Forks, Washington. I think it more so scared me because I was helpless in the search for her. I live on the other side of the country, in Jacksonville, Florida. Thank god Charlie and the boys from the Quileute reservation found her. I also knew who was responsible for upsetting my child and leaving her in the woods. Edward Cullen.

How could he leave her like that? Of course, I’ve only met him once, in the hospital after Bella fell down the stairs, but I thought that he was in love with her. Why else would he stay by her hospital bedside as vigilantly as he did? In fact, I was certain that he loved her. Didn’t I warn her about that fact? But love is blind. It’s quite obvious that her feelings for Edward warranted a ranking higher than a mere teenage crush, as she claimed.

I sighed as I looked at the clock again. It’s 8:30 here, so it’ll be 5:30 in Washington. Charlie should be getting up soon to get ready for work. I think it’s safe to call now. I justified as I began dialing the number to Charlie’s house. An exhausted Charlie answered the phone on the fourth ring.

“Hi Charlie, it is Renee. Did I wake you?”

“Hey Renee,” the voice replied disoriented. “What time is it?”

I blushed. Clearly he was still sleeping. “It is 5:30 your time. I thought you would be up by now.”

“No, it was a long night. Bella had another nightmare,” he replied after clearing his throat.

“I thought I would go into work later than normal today. Try to catch up on some sleep.”

Since Charlie and the search party found Bella in the woods, she’d taken to having nightmares. Charlie told me that she would wake up screaming in the middle of the night. He also said that she would sit and stare into space for minutes at a time. She still would occasionally whisper, “he’s gone,” or would start crying silent tears for no apparent reason.

“It doesn’t sound like she’s doing any better,” I said sadly, more so to myself than to Charlie.

Charlie sighed, “No, she isn’t. It really is Night of the Living Dead around here. I’m not sure that she can get through this without some kind of professional . . . help,” he finished as his voice cracked.

“What can I do?” I asked in frustration.

“Come to Forks and get her. Maybe a change of scenery will do her some good. Also,” he hesitated as if deciding whether or not to continue, “if it comes to the point where we will have to hospitalize her, I think that you will be better equipped to do so than I.”

I did not want to hospitalize my daughter. She was always the strong one. She always took care of me. I don’t understand. What was really going on between Edward and Bella? I must be missing some vital piece of information, something that explains her reaction. This kind of reaction, to this extreme, does not happen in a normal relationship!

“Let’s pray that it doesn’t come to that point. Bella is strong. She will get through this.” I said reassuring both Charlie and myself.

“Give me a couple of days to get things together here. I will fly over and get Bella.”

“Alright. I’ll pitch the idea to her.”

“I’ll call you back with my travel information. Take care of our baby girl,” I said as I got off of the phone.

Phil walked groggily into the living room as I was hanging up the phone.

“Are you ok?” he asked as he began to massage my shoulders. “You’re really tense,” he said as a frown creased the center of his handsome face.

My husband. I thought to myself. He shouldn’t have to worry about this; especially since he’s dealing with the pressure of starting a new job. Phil just got hired on as the baseball coach for a local team. But he loves Bella just as much as I do, so he deserves to know.

“I was on the phone with Charlie. Bella isn’t getting any better.” Phil expelled his breath and hugged me for support. I let him comfort me as I continued.

“He thinks that we need to come and get her; bring her here. Hopefully a change of scenery will help her. Otherwise . . . Charlie is afraid . . . that we may have to hospitalize,” I stumbled over the previous word, “her.”

Phil held me even tighter to his chest, which had been sculpted by years of lifting weights to be in the best shape to play baseball.

“We will just have to help her through this rough time. We can’t let it get to the point where we will have to commit her,” he whispered into my hair.

“But what if it’s too late. What if she’s so far gone that we don’t have a choice?” I asked as a sudden case of hysteria started working through my system.

“Shh. You know that Bella is strong. She’ll get through this.” He reassured me. I stayed in his arms and allowed myself to be consoled for a few more minutes.

“We need to start getting ready. You’ve got to go to work. I’ve got to start making the flight arrangements. I need to set up Bella’s room. Maybe I’ll even paint her room some cheerful color . . .,” I began as I fluttered around with a new purpose. If I was going to bring Bella back with me, I was going to make sure that she came back to someplace happy . . . someplace that didn’t remind her of Forks or of Edward. It’s always sunny here in Jacksonville, so that’s got to help. A cheerful color palette should help also.

Didn’t I read somewhere that psychologically shades of purple induces feelings of peace and combats shock, and that it helps to balance the mind and transform obsessions and fears? I’ll paint her room purple. I went into my bathroom and began to get ready for a busy day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Thank you Mrs. Martin. You are booked to depart Jacksonville International Airport at eight o’clock tomorrow morning, flight number 522, arriving at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport at twelve noon. You also have two open return tickets. Please give us a call when you know when you will be returning and we will gladly update your tickets. Is there anything else I can help you with, ma’am?” the ticketing agent asked.

“No, that was all.” I replied while grabbing a snack.

“Thank you for calling Western Airlines. You have a great day. Good-bye.”

I hung up the phone, and made sure I had all of the flight information written down. One down, several more items to go. I thought to myself as I mentally checked making travel arrangement off of my “to do” list.

I still need to pack, buy a new comforter set for Bella’s room; a new bathroom set for her bathroom; buy the paint, and check into local therapists that are covered under our insurance. Maybe I can get Phil to paint the room while I’m gone . . .

I walked around the Queen Anne-styled sofa into the den that was my office and pulled out the chair made of cherry wood as I started up the computer which sat on the matching desk. As I waited for the system to boot up, I reached for the remote to the small, but efficient sound system. As the familiar verses and chords started playing through the speakers, I navigated through the various programs until I came to my internet application. A few strokes of the keys, I was looking at the results of my search on therapists who accepted Flamingo Cove insurance. Dr. Carla Jones, Dr. Robert Bryant, Dr. Beth Walters, Dr. James Snider . . ., I recited to myself as I jotted down their names and phone numbers on the nearby memo pad. Thoroughly satisfied that I had a sufficient amount of names, but not motivated enough to start the interview process, not just yet, I decided to check my email in the hopes that maybe Bella responded to my last email. There was nothing in my inbox. I sighed and began to write another email to my daughter.

Dearest Bella:
Where are you? I haven’t heard from you in a couple of days and I know you have Internet access. I am worried about you. Please respond or call me as soon as you get this email.
I don’t know if your father told you yet, but I’m coming to Forks to visit for a couple of days. Phil is doing great at his new job! So since things are slow around here I thought that I would go to see my favorite daughter. You can introduce me to all of your friends; we can go shopping; there is so much that we can do! My plane arrives tomorrow afternoon. I’ll see you then.
I love you,
-Mom

I hit the spell check key to make sure everything was perfect and sent the email. Hopefully I’ll get some kind of response. I thought as I switched off the computer and the stereo.

Phil was due to be back home from school soon. It’s a good thing I already ran all of my errands already. I went to the kitchen to try to figure out what I was going to cook for dinner. Cooking was not my forte. I like the meals that I cook, but Charlie and Phil would always complain that my food was too exotic and unpredictable. But I needed to do something to butter Phil up before I asked him to paint Bella’s room while I was away.

I heard the old station wagon pull into the driveway. Phil was home. I quickly pulled out some chicken breasts and threw it in the oven. When Phil walked through the door I was in the process of peeling potatoes.

“Hi hon,” Phil said as he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“How was your day?”

“Well, you know . . . the usual. I had to show the third baseman how to properly defend the base and how to turn a double play.”

“Sounds interesting,” I said smiling at him.

“Speaking of interesting . . .” Phil began as he cautiously eyed my cooking, “what is all of this for?” he asked as he gestured towards the oven. I put down the peering knife that I was using to peel the potatoes and snuggled into his waiting arms.

“Well . . . I was just thinking that there is a lot of stuff that I need to get done before I bring Bella back from Washington . . .”

“Uhm hum.”

“. . . and I was wondering if you would be so kind as to paint Bella’s room a nice shade of purple while I was gone.”

“Do you really think that will help?”

“I don’t see how it couldn’t.”

Phil seemed to think it over. “Sure.” I stood on my toes and kissed him.

“Thanks baby,” was my response as I slipped out of his arms and resumed fixing dinner.

“Is it actually edible?” Phil asked jokingly. I threw the dish towel at him as we both began to laugh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning I made it to the airport just in time to catch the flight. It's a four-hour flight from Jacksonville to Seattle, another hour in a small plane up to Port Angeles, and then an hour drive back down to Forks. Of course, it was raining when I reached the outskirts of the small logging town.

Nothing has changed. I thought as I drove through the town. I remembered the time that I spent here with my then husband, Charlie. I also remembered why I had to leave. Charlie’s house, my old house, looked exactly the same. I pulled my rented 2010 Chevrolet Camero into the driveway and cut off the engine. I hadn’t had time to sit and mentally prepare myself for this moment while I was in Jacksonville. I never thought that the situation with Bella would get so bad that her father and I would have to stage a mini-intervention.

I looked out of the window at the neighborhood. Everyone else was going about their normal routines, oblivious to the turmoil happening in this little 2 bedroom house. The expanse of woods behind Charlie’s house caught my eye. So that’s where that monster left my little girl. I thought as anger, once again, began to fill my being as I thought of Edward.

If I had managed to talk her into coming back to Florida with me after her accident none of this would have happened. She wouldn’t have gone missing . . . she wouldn’t have gotten depressed over that boy moving away . . . everything would be normal, as it should be. I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths before opening the door.

The front door opened as I began walking towards it. Charlie must have heard the car as I pulled up.

“Renee! You made it,” he started.

“It was no problem. You’re looking well.”

“Thanks,” he replied blushing and looking down.

“Come on in.” Charlie moved out of the door to let me into the house.

Exactly as I remembered it. He didn’t even repaint the kitchen cabinets. I assessed as I walked through the house.

“Where is she?” I asked timidly.

“At school. She goes through the motions of being normal. I guess in an attempt to make me think that she’s ok.”

“I’ll tell you Renee,” he started thoughtfully, “I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s like she’s trying to avoid anything that reminds her of him. Whenever you try to bring up a subject that makes her think of him, she wraps her arms around herself, like she’s trying to keep herself together in one piece.”

My anger with Edward flared as I mentally pictured what Charlie was telling me. God, please . . . please let me run into Edward Cullen in a dark alley. I silently pled.

“Did you tell her that I was coming? Did you tell her why?”

“I told her that you were coming, but she already knew. She said that you emailed her and told her that you were coming. I didn’t tell her why you were coming. Did you tell her why?”

So she did read my email. “I told her that I wanted to spend some time with her. You know, mother-daughter time.”

I went into the living room and took a seat on the loveseat. I thought I caught a look of disappointment on Charlie’s face as I sat on the loveseat, but he quickly masked it. I wonder why.

“Uhm, did you want any water, orange juice, coffee?” Charlie asked, breaking the silence.

“Sure. Water will be fine.”

Charlie headed towards the kitchen to retrieve my water as a rumbling noise came from outside.

“Bella’s home!” Charlie yelled to me over the noise.

A fresh wave of panic came over me in anticipation of Bella walking through the front door. What could I say that will console her? What could I do to help her? The front door opened and in walked Bella.

She looked the same. I thought as I looked her over; or at least that was what I thought until I looked into her eyes. They were empty; like no one was there, almost soulless.

“Hi mom.” She said, giving me a weak smile that didn’t touch her eyes.

“Hey sweetie,” I replied, giving her a hug. I put my hand to her cheek and looked into her eyes genuinely concerned. “How are you?”

She shrugged, “I’m doing fine.” She sidestepped me and went to put her book bag down. “Hey dad.”

“Hey Bells, how was school?” Charlie asked, trying to engage Bella in a conversation.

“It was fine. I had a pop quiz in History. I think I did ok.”

“Of course you did well.” I chimed in.

Bella went to the refrigerator and started pulling out ingredients for dinner. I leaned against the doorframe and watched as she got everything together and began to cook.

She does look a little thinner than when I saw her last. Stress will definitely do that to you. I wonder if she’s eating. Charlie hadn’t mentioned anything about a lack of appetite.

“I’m guessing this is the normal routine?” I asked teasingly.

“Yeah, you know Charlie can’t cook!” Bella replied with a thin smile.

“I was doing just fine before you came Bells. Didn’t miss one meal.” Charlie said, obviously proud of himself.

My eyes met with Bella’s with an unspoken message. We both knew what Charlie’s meals consisted of before Bella moved to Forks; microwave dinners.

Charlie handed me the glass of water as I sat in the kitchen chair. Charlie sat next to me, both of us facing where Bella was preparing dinner. What was the best way to approach this situation? Bella brought up the subject before I could figure out where to start.

“Mom, I’m glad that you came, but if you’re only here because you’re concerned about me, you made this trip for nothing.”

“I came because I want to see you. Of course I am concerned about your well being.” I began.

“Honestly mom, I am fine.”

“No Bella, you are not fine. You don’t behave like a normal teenager. You don’t hang out with your friends. You aren’t involved in any school activities. You mope around the house all the time.” Charlie chimed in the conversation.

Bella pressed her lips together while stirring a pot of noodles.

“Your mother and I are really worried. You haven’t been the same since . . .”

“Don’t say it! I don’t want to think about that!” Bella interrupted as she began hugging herself.

Charlie shot me a look while I watched my daughter writhe in obvious pain.

“Well, you know. I think, that it will be a good idea for you to get away from Forks for a while. You know, go and stay with your mother for a while.”

“You don’t want me here?” Bella asked astonished and hurt.

“Of course Charlie wants you here, Bella. But, being here isn’t healthy for you. You are our number one priority. You’re going to love Jacksonville! It’s sunny every day and you’ll have your own bathroom!” I sounded like a pitchman even in my own ears. Bella had regained some of her composure and went back to cooking, though it appeared as though it took her some effort to do so.

“I’ve already bought your plane ticket. We can head back to Jacksonville whenever you would like.” I continued, pressing my resolve and willing her not to make a scene.

Bella put the spoon down and faced Charlie and myself.

“Ok. I’ll go back with you.”

Astonishment overtook me. I was not expecting her to give in so quickly. Bella usually stuck to her guns when she made a decision, and it was her decision to move to Forks. I knew better than to think that the power of mine and Charlie’s argument swayed her to see our point of view.

What was the driving reason for her consent? I wondered. But you don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, or so the saying is.

“Great!! When do you want to leave?” I asked enthusiastically.

Bella shrugged her shoulders and went back to cooking.

“Well, tomorrow is Friday, and next week is Spring Break. If you guys leave, say Saturday, that will give you time to get settled in with your mom and time to get ready for school there,” Charlie offered. “The kids won’t be there, but I’m sure that the teachers and administrative staff will be.”

“You know, that actually isn’t a bad idea.” I conceded.

It was settled. Bella and I will leave for Jacksonville on Saturday morning. After dinner I excused myself to call Phil and make the necessary travel arrangements. My baby girl was coming home. I only prayed that we weren’t too late in getting her some help.

Views: 2498

Replies to This Discussion

Chapter Two
BPOV
Jacksonville

The seat belt sign lit up on the overhead panel shortly before the captain’s booming voice filled the cabin.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are beginning our descent into Jacksonville International Airport. We should have you on the ground in ten minutes. Flight attendants, please prepare for arrival.”

The cabin became alive with motion as a flight attendant began to collect the last traces of empty cans and other trash. The other attendant walked through the cabin making sure everyone’s seat was set in the upright position and tray tables were stowed. I ignored them and looked out of the window. It was so beautiful below. Nice and sunny. I could even see the beach from up here. Any other time, I would have welcomed, even relished the thought of being warmed by the sun, but all I could think about was rainy, wet Forks. Did I make a mistake in agreeing to stay with my mom for a while?

I wonder how close Renee lives to the beach. I wondered, resolving myself to try to make the best of this situation. The landscape was flying past my window as the houses and streets were getting larger by the second.

Ten minutes later the plane touched down on the tarmac and taxied to the gate. Renee and I got our carry-on items and disembarked the plane. Phil was waiting for us just beyond the security check point with a grin on his face. Renee seemed to float over to him as his arms embraced her. I looked away as memories from a similar greeting that seemed to take place a lifetime ago filled my mind. Unconsciously I began to hug myself in a effort to suppress the unrelenting pain of loss.

“Hey Bella!” Phil called as he walked over and embraced me.

“How are you?” he asked with concern in his eyes.

“I’m good.” I lied. I was far from good. But I couldn’t bear the thought of my family knowing how much I was hurting. I not only lost the love of my life, but I lost the best friend that I found in Alice; the father I found in Carlisle; the mother I found in Esme; and the brothers I found in Emmett and Jasper. The only one I didn’t miss was Edward’s other sister, Rosalie.

Renee held Phil’s hand as he led us to the baggage claim area. I only had a few bags, so it didn’t take long to retrieve them from the conveyer belt. The rest of my clothes were already with Renee at their new home. I didn’t take them with me to Forks, because they were more suited for warmer weather.

Phil seemed determined to keep me engaged in some type of conversation.

“You’re going to love it here Bella! It’s just like Phoenix; warm every day! Only we have the added benefit of a beach!” he exclaimed while leading the way to the car.

“Sounds good.” I mumbled, barely interested in the conversation. Renee frowned at my lack of enthusiasm.

Jacksonville was as beautiful in person as it was looking down upon it from the sky. Every street seemed to be lined with palm trees. The city itself was centered on the St. Johns River and was bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east. I looked at my new home blurring by outside the window as Phil turned the car onto I-95 north, heading to the North Jacksonville area.

He pulled the car into the driveway and cut the engine. Renee and Phil found the cutest house, yellow with white trim that had a porch just like in an old movie, and a huge oak tree. It was exactly as Renee had described it that day in the hospital. They were both out of the car in a flash, retrieving the bags from the trunk as I sat in the backseat, unable to move. I wanted to get out of the car, but my body would not respond to my commands. I couldn’t take my eyes off of the house. Just looking at it made me feel . . . funny. The landscaping was nice and green; though not as green as the vegetation in Forks.

Forks! Suddenly the house began to blur, and I realized that I was crying.

Why are you crying? I asked myself, irritated. Then it hit me. This house, this city, represented a new beginning. A beginning that didn’t include . . . that person whom I shall never name. The tears began flowing more rapidly down my cheeks as the hole in my heart began to bleed afresh.

I don’t want to start over again! I want to be with him! I didn’t want to leave Forks, because he will come back for me, and now I’m somewhere where he cannot find me! What have I done?!? The thoughts ran through my mind as I transitioned from heartbreak to sheer hysteria. Renee opened the far car door when she realized that I had yet to move. Her face was contoured with pain and concern when she saw my tears. She slid into the car next to me and pulled me into her arms.

“Shh. It’s going to be alright, baby.” She whispered as she tried to console me. Phil had no idea what to do to help either one of us, so he took the bags into the house.

“I should have stayed in Forks, mom! What if he comes looking for me?!? He won’t know where to find me!” I stated hysterically through the sobs that racked my body.

Renee didn’t say a word and began to rock me back and forth like I was a baby; like I was fragile. Who was I kidding? I was fragile at this point, and I knew what she was thinking. It had been more than six months since the Cull- they left Forks. They weren’t coming back. No one was coming back for me. No one wanted me. He didn’t want me. He didn’t love me.

This fresh realization hit me even harder than it did when he initially left. Not only was my heart bleeding, it was breaking into a million little pieces. Renee, sensing the enormity of my distress and pain tried her best to comfort me.

“Bella, tell me what you want me to do. I’m here for you. I want to help you.” She pled helplessly.

I couldn’t answer her plea as my harsh sobs filled the car. Phil came back out of the house, worried about us as it had been a while since he went in. The door nearest to me opened and he knelt down to be on my level.

I knew that it would be a while before I had any kind of composure to even think about walking into the house. Renee must have thought the same, because she asked Phil to carry me in. I let him pick me up. Phil’s arms were warm, not cold like his arms. More pain. I longed to be held by those strong, cold arms; to be kissed by those perfectly shaped, cold lips. Phil gently laid me on a bed, in what I assumed to be my room. Renee followed quietly behind him and sat next to me. She stroked my hair as I cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up I was alone and I could tell that it was dark outside through the blinds. I felt disoriented. That could either be a result of the hysteria or because I was unconscious for a long period of time. I slowly got off of the bed, testing my balance and reached for the light. I took in my new room. It was painted a nice shade of purple. There was a purple and white comforter on the full-sized bed in the center of the room. In a corner was the corner desk from IKEA that I told Renee that I wanted while we were in Phoenix, and a laptop computer on top of that. Everything in the room looked new.

I wonder how much they’d spent on my room in an effort, no doubt, to make me happy.

I sighed as I walked into my adjoining bathroom. This was a definite improvement from Charlie’s house. There I had to share the bathroom with my dad. At least here I had my own, and therefore more privacy. It too, was dressed in shades of purple.

What's with all of the purple? Renee knows that it isn’t my favorite color. Yet, strangely, the purple seemed to have a calming affect on me. I did feel a little better after my moment of hysteria, but my heart was still broken.

Only time will heal that . . . hopefully. I surmised. My stomach made a noise that I could have sworn Renee could hear from another room. I quickly splashed cold water on my face and went in search of the kitchen. I stepped out into the hallway. My room was the last door on the right. There was another door on the left about halfway down the hall. As I made my way down the hall, I saw that Renee had already made the place a home. There were pictures of me as a child that hung on the walls. I stopped to look at one of them. I was three in this picture, and had a bowl of spaghetti in my hair.

Apparently, I didn’t think much of Renee’s cooking even back then. I thought to myself, suppressing a smile.

I could hear the TV playing in the living room, which I guess was ahead on the right. I slowly made my way into the large open space. Renee and Phil sat on the sofa watching reruns of Grey’s Anatomy on the 42” LCD they had mounted to the wall over the fireplace. Behind the sofa was the table and chairs of the dining room, which was also open to the kitchen. Renee got off of the sofa when I walked into the room.

“Are you ok? How do you feel?” she asked me. Phil watched me carefully as Renee approached.

“I feel better. Sorry about earlier,” I said shyly.

“Don’t worry about it,” Phil replied, joining the conversation. “We’re just glad that you’re better.”

I walked over to lean against the loveseat and Renee followed me and sat on it.

“How long was I out?”

“For 16 hours.”

“Oh,” was all that I could say, as my feet suddenly became interesting.

“You had another nightmare. Are you sure you’re ok?” Renee pressed. “You were screaming,” her voice getting softer and she shivered. Phil seemed to mirror her involuntary response at the memory of my screams.

I could see that my nightmares really bothered them. I was sure that Charlie told Renee about my dreams when I was in Forks. I guess she thought that they would stop when I got here. If only she knew what I knew . . . that no matter where I go, the dreams will always follow. Abandonment isn’t something that you can forget easily.

“Really, I feel much better mom. Sorry about the screaming.”

“Honey,” Renee paused for a moment before continuing, “I think that you may need to talk to someone about your dreams, and anything else you want to talk about.”

I looked between her and Phil and realized that this was something that they had talked about amongst themselves. I had expected something like this, but I was shocked that it was Renee who brought it up instead of Charlie.

“I can’t begin to understand what you’re going through. But I can see that you need help to get through it. Phil, Charlie, and I care for you, Bella. And we only want what’s best for you. Would you please consider talking to a professional?”

I continued to stand rooted to the floor as her words sank deeper into my consciousness. She really thought that I was mental; that I was losing it. Well, maybe I was, just a little. Would talking to a professional help? Probably not. It would be mean being totally honest with him or her, and there were some secrets that I just couldn’t tell; no matter who left whom. But, if I could find a way to talk about it without bringing up the fact that the love of my life was a vampire; a good vegetarian vampire, but a vampire nonetheless, maybe that would help.

“You wouldn’t have to go all of the time. Just try a couple of sessions. If you don’t like it you can quit.” Phil pressed. I felt two pairs of eyes on me as I considered their request.

“Bella, please say something!” Renee pled after a few minutes of silence.

“Do you,” I started, my voice sounding weak. I cleared my throat and started again. “Do you really think that I need to see a professional? I know I haven’t been exactly a happy-go-lucky camper lately, but, a professional?!”

“Bella, you have nightmares where you scream the house down. Charlie said that you’ve been having them ever since . . .”

I involuntarily shuddered at the thought of what she was going to say.

“That night. It’s been more than six months, sweetie.”

I pondered her response for a moment.

“I do want to get better. I don’t like feeling like this.”

“Then let Dr. Walters help you. She’s very nice.”

I wasn’t surprised that they had already interviewed a psychiatrist for me.

“Okay.” I agreed, with a silent oath to myself that I will keep the Cull- their secret.

“Are you hungry sweetie?” Renee asked, changing the subject.

I hadn’t eaten since I had that snack on the plane. I wasn’t hungry, I was starved!

“I am. I can get it mom. Wouldn’t want you to strain yourself cooking,” I joked, trying to lighten the tension in the room.
Phil smiled, “see, someone else who knows about your cooking Renee!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the spring break went by quick. I made certain that I didn’t have any additional episodes in front of Renee and Phil. I had the distinct feeling that they were watching me to see if they needed to call the people in the white coats. When I did fall into my pit of despair, I made sure that I was alone in my room and made it a point to muffle my sobs into my pillow.

Phil was great. He really made me feel at home, and even took me to watch a pick-up game of baseball. I guess he assumed that I like the sport since Charlie told Renee that I went to a game with . . . him. I even met some of the kids that Phil teaches. But, before I knew it, it was Monday morning.

Let’s get this over with. I thought dreading the thought of my first day at another new school. I walked out the front door, dressed in my yellow tank top and blue jean shorts and waited for the bus.
I really like the story and are interested to see where the story is going to go
Thanks! I have 13 chapters written already (working on 14). I was going to post 2 at a time, but they're kind of long.
That is fantastic!!! I love it and I want more soon!! God already that far? How the hell do you do it so fast??!!! lol can't wait for more!!!
Actually, I'd been writing the story for a while without posting it on this site. That's why I had so many chapters already done when I posted Chapters 1 & 2.

-TRCreations
I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please message me when you have posted more!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! I will keep you posted.
You're doing great! Can't wait to read more. :)
Thanks! I'll keep you posted.
really really good!!! please keep going!!! WRITE AT VAMPIRE SPEED!!!!
Thanks! I'll keep you updated on the posts.
i like the idea & the story so far.. pls continue & kindly update me on your new posts.. & don't forget to add the link as well..honestly i'm hooked!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service