The Twilight Saga

There Are Some Wonderful, Wonderful Romantic Quotes in Twilight. But Which One Is Your VERY Favorite? And Why ?

There Are Some Wonderful, Wonderful Romantic Quotes in Twilight. But Which One Is Your VERY Favorite? And Why ?

Introduction: An indispensable key to the magical quality Stephanie Meyer’s novels is her brilliant dialog.

Question: There Are Some Wonderful, Wonderful Romantic Quotes in Twilight. But Which One Is Your VERY Favorite? And Why ?

Historic note:

The two little boys who were responsible for helping create some of the world’s best dialog.

When asked in an interview what writing technique she had used, Stephanie Meyer said, that she would put her son Seth on one knee, and Eli on the other and would then type away for a few minutes.

Then she said she would put her boys down. And start doing her “house work, and care for them.”

She said that then for an hour or so, as she worked, she would go over, and over, and over the dialog her characters in “Twilight” would say to each other. Until she had it exactly right.

Then when she could find a few free minutes, she would go to her computer and record the dialog she had already written in her head.

And then she would go right back to taking care of “my boys.”

And as she did she would once again, start mentally creating more dialog.

Her unique system created some of the most loved literary dialog in the world today.

Every day tens of millions of the quotes she created “while taking care of her boys” flashes across the internet.

So: Seth and Eli,
Job well done. Job well done indeed.

And Gabe welcome home. Your brothers have set a high standard for you to live up to. But we know, being a Meyer, that you are up to the task.

Remember that tens of millions of readers are depending on the three of you to help your mother create some more of that magical dialog.

Oh: And if you should hear from Isabella, give her our love.
We are sincerely, looking forward to learning what your very favorite ROMANTIC “Twilight Saga” quote is. And why you love it so.

Most sincerely,

Doc B http://tinyurl.com/kuqvlf

BLIND POSTING RECOMMENDED: We have often that the most insightful observations are made by people who post " If I had read X, Y, or Z's post first, I wouldn't have posted my thoughts." And yet their opinions often turn out to be the most insightful of all. A suggestion : Do what I do, read the question, write your reply BEFORE you have read any of the other posts. Then close your eyes and post it. After that, log on to the discussion and share away with your friends. lol DB

Views: 6131

Replies to This Discussion

Bare with me I can pick just one :) I will let you know at the end which on I like the best but they are all wonderful!!

From Twilight:
For almost ninety years I’ve walked among my kind, and yours… all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren’t alive yet.
*I LOVE when Edward says this to Bella because he is telling her she is his SOUL MATE and he wants her and no one else for the rest of eternity.

About three things I was absolutely positive. First Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him - and I didn't know how potent that part might be - that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.
*Bella finally lets herself think about and admit the love that she has for Edward.

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...What a stupid lamb. What a sick, masochistic lion.
*They finally admit to each other that they love each other and want to be together.

New Moon:
I didn’t have to look to know who it was; this was a voice I would know anywhere—know, and respond to, whether I was awake or asleep… or even dead, I’d bet. The voice I’d walk through fire for—or, less dramatically, slosh every day through the cold and endless rain for. Edward.
*Just points out how keen her senses are for the love of her life. She didn't need to have vampire senses to know when Edward was near.

Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason… And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.
*I love Edward's explaination of how Bella was able to change his life. It was so romantic...

You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world. Of course… If you outgrew me—if you wanted something more—I would understand that, Bella. I promise I wouldn’t stand in your way if you wanted to leave me.
*Edward showing how he is selfless and would do anything for Bella even if that meant sacrificing the love of his life so that she could be happy.

Eclipse:
Most people fall in and out of love many times in their lives. It was just that I’d seen Sam with Emily, and I couldn’t imagine him with someone else. The way he looked at her… well, it reminded me of a look I’d seen sometimes in Edward’s eyes — when he was looking at me.
*Bella was truely able to see how much Edward loved her and helped to clear any doubt that she had about their relationship.

When I left you, Bella, I left you bleeding. Jacob was the one to stitch you back up again. That was bound to leave its mark — on both of you. I’m not sure those kinds of stitches dissolve on their own. I can’t blame either of you for something I made necessary. I may gain forgiveness, but that doesn’t let me escape the consequences.
*Edward was able to tell Bella how he felt about leaving her and the damaged that occurred, while also stated that he left her for someone else to repair rather then staying with her himself.

Breaking Dawn;
Edward and I had not had a last grand scene of farewell, nor did I plan one. To speak the word was to make it final. It would be the same as typing the words The End on the last page of a manuscript. So we did not say our goodbyes, and we stayed very close to each other, always touching. Whatever end found us, it would not find us separated.
*Their bond would not be broken and one would not live without the other. Very Romeo and Juliet.

I guess the one that is sticks out the most for me and is extremely romantic was when Edward was telling Bella the way her exsistence has changed his life and the love that he has for her. (Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason… And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.) I don't think that it could have been written any better...

Sorry this is so long but I couldn't just pick one quote...Please forgive me :)
your forgiven

Just points out how keen her senses are for the love of her life. She didn't need to have vampire senses to know when Edward was near.

This one sentance you said backs up my theory that if Bella did not go get Edward in New Moona nd Edward stayed out at the side lines she would still know he was there!

Some beautiful quotes

Gem
Thanks Gem!

well with out a doubt i love when edward says - you dont know how long ive waited for you!!!
Soooooooo romantic i just love it, but there are others that i love but thats my fave does anyone else agree??? x

"You have saved me" Has to be my favourite quote. It is in the first book when Bella is in the hospital and she is trying to get an answer out of Edward as to why he didn't just let the venom spread so she would turn. She is talking about equality in a relationship, that he shouldnt be the one always saving her she wants to reciprocate. ' "You have saved me," he said quietly ' made the tears stream down my face. To me it felt like he was saying she has done more for him than he could ever do for her.
Dear Liz,
You have SAVED ME! How wonderful.
Stephanie’s ability to tap in on what true love is all about, is just remarkable.

One of my favorite Romantic movie lines are the last two from “Pretty Woman.”

He says “What happens after Prince Charming saves his Princess. And her reply is, “Why she saves him right back.”
To me that is what true love is all about.

Thank you for your help,
Doc B
"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you."

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service