The Twilight Saga

Hey Guys, It's Cindersarah... about a year ago I had fanfics on this website but I took them off to start new things... but unfortunately, the one fanfic I did won't come out of my head... so lucky you guys... I'm putting it back up so I can finish it. .. this story is about how Bella has two children instead of just Renesmee... and the drama that goes with it :P

Chapter One (Bella’s POV)

I stared at Edward, watching as he caressed my stomach. I felt so much love for him at this moment, not that I didn’t before.

“They’re happy.” He said in almost a coo. I froze at his words, sure I heard wrong. Everyone else around froze too.

They?” I choked out and Edward nodded. Very gently he put his head on my stomach.

“They both love you.” He whispered lovingly. “They absolutely adore you.” I felt frozen still. Twins. There are twins in my belly right now. So that’s why I’m so huge. Jacob made a strange choking noise and Edward looked up, his eyes understanding. He reached into the drawer and tossed something to Jacob.

“Go Jacob. Get out of here.” Edward ordered and I could feel the wind the door created when Jacob slammed it.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked quietly, feeling guilty that I caused him to be so upset.

“He’s just upset that I changed sides.” Edward replied with the crooked smile I loved so much. It’s the first time I’ve seen it since that night at the honeymoon… I smiled and Edward laughed at me.  “Still thinking about feathers?” He teased and I blushed.

“Maybe.” I said, blushing even more. He gave me a kiss, which was the first in awhile too. I kissed him passionately in return. He pulled away after awhile and grinned. I frowned back jokingly. “Took you long enough.” I muttered. “I thought you were repulsed by the fat pregnant woman.”

“Not repulsed love. You looked beautiful even though you were on your death bed.” Edward joked and I smiled…until Leah came rampaging in. I looked at her in surprise, considering this is the first time I’ve seen her in the house. She had a very guarded look on her face.

“Why did Jacob leave so quickly in your Aston Martin Vanquish?” Leah asked, her eyes shifting around the room, I guess looking for danger.

“Well…I could hear the baby’s thoughts and I guess Jacob thought I was betraying him. Making him the only one against this whole ordeal.” Edward tried to explain, but I don’t think Leah took it the right way, because her dark skin almost turned purple.

“OF COURSE HE’S AGAINST IT!” She shouted and I shrank into the couch. Edward and Rosalie jumped in front of me with protective stances, hissing at her. She was too upset to notice.  “Bella you just don’t get it! Jacob LOVES you! And you’re just taking that love for granted! It HURTS him to be here, yet you ask him to stay anyway.”

Tears filled my eyes but Leah continued, “You are just selfish Bella! These bloodsuckers can buy you anything, yet you still feel like you should play games with Jacob’s heart! You want him, then don’t, then want him again. You have ties to his heart and keep tugging on them. All Jacob wants to do is murder Edward then go away, yet you won’t let him will you? You can’t have both Bella! Ice and Fire do not mix together. Yet you’ll still go to Edward won’t you? Even though he left you, and have caused you to almost die multiple times, you’ll still go to him. He impregnates you with a dangerous baby, yet you’ll still stay with him.” Leah finished and shook her head at me. “Bella, you may be the stupidest human ever if you’re with a vampire.”

At the point at which she called me stupid Edward lost it. He didn’t go after her, knowing that would upset me, but he had his hands shaking violently. “Leave now.” He growled and Leah gave me a final glare before leaving.

When she left I burst into tears. Edward wasted no time hurrying to my side. “Bella, don’t listen to her.” He soothed.

Rosalie snorted. “Yeah, that girl just is jealous you’re pregnant.” She said and both Edward and I looked at her in surprise.

“How would you know Rosalie?” Edward asked. “I thought she was seriously trying to defend Jacob’s feelings.”

At that I started sobbing, but could still hear Rosalie. “That may be part of it, but I saw the look in her eyes. Every time she looked at Bella’s stomach her eyes got almost misty. She probably was hiding it with her anger though, that’s why it was so severe. I would know I’ve suffered it a few times myself” She said with a grin at Edward. “Remember me in the maternity ward a few decades ago?”

Edward gave out a short laugh. “I remember how we couldn’t get you to leave. You frightened the nurses so bad that they took the babies to a different room, afraid that you’ll kidnap one of them.”

“I still say that one of them was a mind reader.” Rosalie said with a grin. I had to laugh; I can see Rosalie stealing a baby just by being sweet to a male nurse, who willingly gives her it. I yawned and rotated so I could lie down. My body being broadsided by different emotions makes it tired. I felt my eyes close and Edward kissed my forehead.

“Bella, I’ll be right back. Have to go do something.” Edward said quietly, and then slipped out. Alice skipped down and sat on my foot, then started tickling it.

“Alice, stop it.” I mumbled, but I was awake now and thirsty. “Rosalie can you get me some more…uh…tomato juice for vampires?”

Rosalie laughed as she headed to the kitchen. When she came back she handed me a clear cup. I looked at her funny. “What? You know what’s in it… and right now I don’t feel like cleaning up the other cups.” Rosalie said and I shrugged. I averted my eyes from the cup as I drank it. Unfortunately my eyes grazed over to Alice, who was even more giddy than usual because of her headaches.

“Twins! I can’t believe I wasn’t first to know.” Alice grumbled, and then brightened up quickly. “Just think about it! We can dress them exactly the same! You’ll have to think of names all over again. Just in case you have girl and girl… or boy and boy…or girl and boy…”

I took my lips off the straw so I could think about it and went through names in my head. “I guess I’ll go with Renessemee and Edward still… but if I have another girl I’ll name her Edelle.”

“Edelle?” Alice asked with a tilt of her head. I blushed.

“You know, like Edward and Bella together. I’d go with Edwina…but it doesn’t sound right with Cullen.”

“That’s so cute!” Rosalie cooed. “What if it’s another boy?”

I searched my head for a name. “I don’t know…how about… Jem?”

“Jem? Why Jem?” Alice asked and I smirked.

“Wouldn’t Jasper and Emmett love haven’t a nephew named after them?” I asked innocently, causing Rosalie and Alice to laugh out loud.

“If anything, Jasper would whine that he only gets one letter and Emmett gets two.” Rosalie said so I thought seriously for a few moments. I shrugged.

“I’d probably just name him Jeremy.” I said with a shrug. “Or I could let Edward pick the name.”

“No!” Alice said and I raised my eyebrows at her.  “He doesn’t know good names.” She said defensively.  “He won’t let us call him anything but Edward…so annoying.”

I laughed. “How about you pick the name if it’s a boy you two. I just want one to be named Edward.”

Alice and Rosalie nodded their heads in agreement so I started sipping my…drink again. I couldn’t believe I wasn’t going nauseous from the smell. It’s good practice though for later… I was contemplating this when Edward came hurrying in.

“Bella, love, I thought you were sleeping. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have left.” Edward said and I smiled at him. He was so caring, even though just a few moments ago he wanted to kill the baby inside me.

“Don’t worry. I just got so thirsty-it woke me up.” Also Alice tickled my foot, I added in my head. “It’s a good thing Carlisle is bringing more. These kids are going to need it when they get out of me.”

“True. That’s a good point.” Edward agreed.

“I wonder if they’ll want anything else.” I wondered. If they were just going to be vampires, or they can eat human food too…

“I suppose we’ll find out.” Edward said with a shrug. Jacob came through the door.

“Finally.” Alice grumbled, rubbing her head. I gave Jacob a huge smile. This was my best friend Jacob, going to his enemy’s house for me. Then I remembered what Leah said and I tried very hard not to cry.

“Hey Bells,” Jacob said quickly. “How ya doing?”

“I’m fine.” I muttered quietly.

“Big day today, huh? Lots of new stuff.”

“You don’t have to do that Jacob.” I replied, not wanting to be the one to keep him here.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jacob told me as he sat near my head.

I gave him a look. “I’m so s—“ I started to say, but then he pinched my lips together to keep me from talking. “Jake,” I mumbled around his hand then tried to push it away weakly.

Jacob shook his head. “You can talk when you’re not being stupid.”

I had an idea. “Fine, I won’t say it.” I mumbled and he took his hand away. “Sorry!” I finished then gave him a cheeky grin, which he returned after rolling his eyes at me.

There was this little awkward silence that I swear Jacob’s eyes looked pained during. “So,” I said, trying to fill the silence, “How was your day?”

“Great. Went for a drive. Hung out in the park.”

“Sounds nice.” Wish I could leave this house… but not until the babies are out of my belly.

“Sure, sure.”

I made a face. This is the worst part of being pregnant. “Rose?”

Rosalie chuckled at me. “Again?”

“I think I’ve drunk two gallons in the last hour.” I explained. Rose came to lift me off the couch. “Can I walk?” I asked, thinking that if Jacob gets some exercise today… “My legs are so stiff.”

“Are you sure?” Edward asked skeptically.

“Rose’ll catch me if I trip over my feet.” I said with a grin. “Which could happen pretty easily, since I can’t see them.”

Rosalie set me down carefully and kept her hands on my shoulders so I stretched my arms in front of me. It was kind of painful, but a good pain. “That feels good.” I said then frowned playfully at my stomach. “Ugh, I’m so huge. One more day.” I said, patting my stomach.

I noticed Jacob’s face go all contorted, but decided to leave it alone. “All righty, then. Whoops—Oh no!” I exclaimed, spilling my blood. I bent over to reach it, just seeing the hands before it was too late. This strange ripping nose came from my stomach. “Oh!” I gasped. Then went limp, falling into Rosalie’s arms.

“Bella?” Edward asked a little unfocused. A shot of pain came from my stomach. It was excruciating. I gave a hair-raising shriek. My body twitched and I then vomited a fountain of blood.

Tags: Cullens, Edelle, Renesmee, Two, for, of, one, price, twins

Views: 326

Replies to This Discussion

omg!
i love this story! <3
please post more soon!
thanks! I'll try and post soon...

Chapter Seven (Edelle’s POV)

The next day Renesmee and I were in her room with Rosalie. My room wasn’t ready yet, much to Alice’s chagrin. She had fired that architect and hired a new one, a woman this time. The last one spent too much time trying to find reasons to talk to Alice or Rosalie. Renesmee’s room was kind of pretty. The walls were lavender and had all sorts of wall decorations on it. The bed was a double size and the comforter was a white duvet. The pillows were every colour of the rainbow. The furniture was all white. It was a rather plain room, but in a way it suited Renesmee. Also it’d be easy to paint over when we die I added bitterly in my head.

“So Edelle, how are you doing?” Rosalie asked after Renesmee removed her hand from Rosalie’s face, already answering the question. I gave Rosalie a look that clearly showed my displeasure. I wish I could talk, so she could clearly understand my frustrations. Rosalie smiled lightly in understanding.

“Still mad at Edward for stealing your way of communication?” Rosalie asked me and I nodded sullenly. She laughed. “You’d think that you’re a teenager who got her cell phone stolen rather than a baby who got her rattle taken away. Most babies would cry.”

I looked at her, my face starting to pucker. She gave me a stern look. “Don’t even think about it with me. Save it for your dad.”

Alice came into the room, clearly ecstatic. “She’s almost done the room! She has her whole team here! That’s what I call service! Soon I’ll have a room fit for a princess for you Edelle.”

I froze at those words. The way that sentence was said made me feel a little scared. Alice blanked for a second and grinned at Rosalie. “It’s time.”

Rosalie looked at her in confusion, until understanding dawned on her. “Bella?”

“Yes. I’ll go tell Edward. Not that he hasn’t been asking me every five minutes. Bring the girls to the house.” Alice said cheerfully, before running out the door.

“She could have helped.” Rosalie said jokingly, not minding having to carry both of us. When we were both comfortably in her cold arms Renesmee touched my face, giving me a vision of our mother of last time we saw her. The feelings I got from it was scared. Sort of a ‘what if she doesn’t like us’ feeling. I gave my sister a comforting smile before looking
outwards as Rosalie started to run.

I enjoyed it when someone ran with me in their arms. It’s like flying. I hope I’m this fast when I can walk finally. We got to the house and Rosalie handed Renesmee to Jacob, who was refused by Rosalie to join us in the cottage. When he had protested before Rosalie got right in his face and said, “You want to be in her bedroom? What will Edward think of those thoughts?”

Before he had time to think she whisked us off to the cottage. Now he was making up for lost time by holding Renesmee tight, and she didn’t seem to particularly mind it. Rosalie handed me to him as well. “Take her too. Bella’s waking up soon, and we all need to be there.”

Jacob looked at her in surprise. “Bella’s waking up? Wouldn’t she want to see the babies?”

Rosalie rolled her eyes at him. “You really are a moron aren’t you? Bella is a newborn. Don’t you remember what we told you about newborns?”

It was entertaining seeing Jacob’s dark face pale. “Edward…”He muttered, and then probably continued the one side
conversation in his head. He looked at Rosalie. “Doesn’t Bella have to come through here to leave to hunt?”

Rosalie rolled her eyes again. “Really dog, use your small brain. It’s called a window. I thought that you and Edward were the best at sneaking into Bella’s window, am I right?” She asked with a smirk and as Jacob’s face went beat red I started to wish that Daddy hadn’t stolen my rattle, just so I knew what it meant.

“Then I’ll stay down here with the babies. But Edward…” He began muttering to himself. Rosalie shrugged then gave me a smile before heading upstairs. I began feeling a little antsy. When am I going to meet my mom?

Emmett’s POV

Carlisle told me to go to the room Bella was in because she’s about to wake up apparently. I go in to find Edward looking
a little more than just mad.

“What’s up Edward?” I asked and he looked warily near the door.

“Jacob is having some strange thoughts, that’s all. He’s making plans.” He said and I nodded. Figures. Everyone started crowding in, Rosalie the last one to come.

“When’s she going to wake up Alice?” I asked and Alice looked irritated.

“Soon alright? If you guys stop asking me every second of the day, then I can actually get some work done!”

“Ah that’s sweet Alice. You can’t wait for Bella to wake up either.” I cooed, earning myself a glare. Not unusually for Alice.

“Of course I can’t wait! She’s my best friend!”

“Make Rosalie feel bad, don’t you Alice?” I teased, earning a glance from Rosalie. Alice gave me a motion that wasn’t
very ladylike, that is, if you knew sign language. I was used to it though, she always gave it to me whenever she was annoyed.

“Shut up Emmett.” Rosalie said before crossing over to be by Bella. I followed her. “Edward, do you still want the babies to be away?”

“Yes.” Edward said warily. “Just keep them away…until later.”

Rosalie nodded, but we both saw Bella’s hand twitch. I smiled evilly. So mentioning the girls meant Bella would wake up faster? I went by Bella’s ear.

“Edelle! Renesmee!” I yelled, causing Bella’s eyes to flash open. I shifted my weight so I was between her and everyone else. She looked around, her eyes taking in everything. Edward squeezed her hand reassuringly. She blurred as she jumped out of his touch. “Oh, burn Edward. She doesn’t want to be touched by you.” I said with a grin. Bella blinked in confusion, and then she relaxed.

“Shut up Emmett.” She said then touched her throat. “Is that my voice?”

I have to admit that it was different than before. It was more…musical. Edward smiled carefully at her, then I remembered she was still a newborn, so be careful. I stepped back so I was in front of everyone, but in line with Carlisle and Jasper. Of course, that line got screwed up when Carlisle walked up to Bella, his eyes eager for more information.

“What do you remember anything Bella?” He asked eagerly and she hesitated.

“No. I remember the babies…” She said then glanced at me. “I’m assuming they’re alright. Considering that Emmett decided to yell their names in my ear.” She smiled gratefully so I gave her a good natural grin. She continued, “Then I woke up.”

“Fantastic.” Carlisle breathed. Nerd. Edward struggled to keep the smile off his face. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about Edward. “So you don’t remember the burning sensation at all?”

Bella grimaced and my smile grew larger. Ha, she still remembered it! She’s lying to Carlisle, who misunderstood. “I’m sorry Bella; the burning in your throat must be bothering you.”

Edward took her hand and she gazed at it, her eyes full of wonder. She then looked up at Edward. “I thought…” She stopped, and then threw herself at him. I raised my eyebrow slightly. If this is how they acted in public…

“Get a room you two.” I said loudly, causing Bella to peel herself, yes I say peel, off of Edward. I would have bet my eternal life savings that if Bella was human she would have blushed right then and there. Edward kept his arm around her waist, looking blissful.

“Let’s hunt Bella.” He said and she looked panicked. I laughed loudly. Edward glared before cleverly saying, “Bella, if Emmett can do it on his first try, then you can. I mean, as a human he was terrible at hunting.”

I glared at him. Not cool. “That grizzly bear was on steroids, I swear.”

“And a girl had to save you.” Jasper muttered, and then grinned at my emotions. I guess he finds it funny my emotions were murderous right now.

Alice blew out in frustration. “Before you guys go, I’m getting a mirror. Bella has got to see herself.” She said then left quickly, leaving Bella looking bewildered. She came back holding this huge mirror. “See Bella?”

Bella took a closer look at herself, her eyes widening. “My eyes…” She hissed, causing Jasper to walk closer to her. She blinked, then kept herself in check. “How long?” She asked sweetly. Jasper’s eyes widened in surprise. I wish that Edelle was here to translate for me.

“Edward…how…” Jasper muttered.

“I don’t know…” Edward answered, causing Bella to raise her eyebrow. Edward noticed and soothingly said, “He’s just wondering how you changed your emotions so fast. Most newborns would be doing a temper tantrum right now.”

“Oh.” Was all Bella could say. I rolled my eyes. Bella was hot as a vampire and all, but this is getting a little boring.

“Bella, the quicker you hunt, the sooner you’ll see the twins.” I hinted. Her back straightened and she started running to the door. I caught her before she could go anywhere. She looked ready to throw me, but stopped herself.

“What?” She asked through her teeth. I looked at Edward. He can be the bad guy this time.

“Bella, you’re a newborn.” Edward explained. “They’re part human…”

Bella’s new vampire brain caught on quickly. “Gotcha. How are we getting…” Bella paused and we all pointed at the window. She walked towards it and looked down. She hesitated and looked at me. I grinned. If she fell or tripped I’m going
to make fun of her forever about being the only clumsy vampire.

Edward jumped down first, showing her how to do it. When she was finished her own jump I was a little disappointed.

There goes that idea. After a few seconds a pair of flying high heels came through the window. I ducked for cover when Alice just simply caught them. “She still has no style.” She muttered and I stared at her amazed. Even as a vampire flying shoes freak me out. Especially when Rosalie is the one throwing them. Usually at me.

I started heading downstairs along with everyone else. When we got down there we stopped in surprise. Jacob was holding Renesmee while Edelle was sitting at the piano. Jacob’s hand was keeping Edelle steady on the bench. She could barely reach the keys and Jacob shrugged at us. “She pointed at it and was quite persistent.” He told us.

Rosalie went and put Edelle on her lap, so Edelle could reach the keys. Edelle pressed down one key then smiled with satisfaction. I picked her up from Rosalie’s lap and threw her in the air, carefully catching her. “Well Edelle, looks like your mommy is hunting for the moment.” I told her with a grin. She returned it with a look of knowledge. Like she already knew where Bella was. Weird. I threw her to Jasper, who caught her, then threw her back. Alice wasn’t that appreciative that we were using her niece as a football.

“Jasper, don’t make me think you’re the same level as Emmett.” She growled. Jasper smiled sheepishly, but Edelle didn’t look that too frightened. She relaxed in the crook of my arm. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV.

“Okay Edelle. Now you get knowledge about football.” I said, turning it to TSN. I spent the next half hour explaining to the baby the rules of football, basketball, and baseball. She pressed a button on the remote and it turned to a classical music station. Yiruma’s song ‘May Be’ was playing. I rolled my eyes and changed the channel back to where it should
permanently be. “This is the channel we keep it on Edelle.” I told her and she looked back with a challenging look.

Jacob then put Renesmee in Rosalie arms, which surprised us all. He never gave up his time to hold Renesmee, not in a million years. “Hold Nessie for a moment Rose.” He told her. He then proceeded to take Edelle out of my hands. Edelle didn’t look too pleased at the moment. In fact, she looked rather pissed off, “I’ll be right back.” He told us, and then headed out the door.

Edelle’s POV

Jacob took us near the river on flat ground. Before when I pressed the piano key I realized something. My power worked when I played that too, and I got the gist of Jacob’s plan, since he was thinking about it. We’re going to be the first line stringers. Geez, now I’m all sports analogies now. Anyway, Jacob’s plan is this. We have to test how safe Bella will be around Renesmee. So guess who is the lucky one he chose to help him? Me. I love trying to protect my sister and all, but he could have asked then assumed.

My ears faintly heard Daddy. “Hold your breath Bella.” He warned, his voice tightened with what…anger? They walked through the trees and the look in Daddy’s eye confirmed it. He was angry. Mommy was pretty, and incredulous.

“This is my daughter?” She asked and I gave a slight wave. Her eyes widened. “She’s growing so fast!”

“Yes.” Daddy said helplessly. Mommy’s eyes widened again, with fear this time.

“What’ll we do?” She whispered to daddy, but I heard it all.

“I don’t know.” Daddy whispered back. I figured they were talking about what everyone is freaking out about. Renesmee and I dying in a few years.

“Can I hold her?” Bella whispered and Jacob hesitated. She glared at him. “It’s my baby Jacob! Give me Edelle!”

He looked at her, surprised. “How do you know this is Edelle? Not Renesmee?”

She shrugged. “Mother’s instinct?”

Daddy smiled. “I told her about the different eyes.”

“Well that explains it sneaky Bella. Now take a whiff of us.” Jacob said and it was Bella’s turn to hesitate. “You won’t harm her, Edward will protect her.”

“Hold on to me Edward.” She said and Daddy held on. I knew it wouldn’t help if she was really thirsty. Jasper supplied the information for me, without knowing it.

Mommy took a breath, and her nose wrinkled. “You stink.” She said and my face crumbled. She noticed and shushed me gently. “Not you Edelle, its Jacob’s smell. Though it doesn’t help it’s all over you.” She teased gently. I smiled attentively
at her. She reached for me, and Jacob gladly gave me over.

Mommy was cold, just like everyone else was, but she was also warm somehow. I looked up at her, wishing I could read her thoughts. Maybe I could if… I looked at Daddy, pleading with my eyes and my thoughts. He sighed, then handed me the rattle. “Only this once.” He said and Mommy gave him a weird look.

“You’re keeping a rattle away from her?” Mommy asked and Daddy kept his eyes glued on me.

“Yes. It has something to do with her power.” Daddy said and Mommy smiled at me sweetly.

“What’s your power Edelle? Can you please show me?” She asked. I smiled sweetly back at her. I start shaking the
rattle, almost silently. Her thoughts were full of love for me and Renesmee, but it was wrapped in the worry that everyone is sharing these days. I sent a thought into her head.

Mommy, I love you too. Mommy stared at me, her mouth dropped open in shock.

A/N ... so tell me what you think. I love reviews. :D
LOVED IT!!!(as usual!!)
i luv it write more soon plz!
AHHHH I love it!!!! hahahha plez post more soon I cant wait!!! ♥♥ love it!!
haha thanks everyone!! I'll post a.s.a.p... :D :D
loved it!!!!!!!
haha thanks Corey. :P

Chapter Eight (Bella’s POV)

“What was that?” I asked Edward hesitantly. It was almost like it was wishful thinking on my part, just hearing my baby’s voice. But I knew it was Edelle, just by the smug little smile on her face.

“That was Edelle’s power, apparently. She has never done it with me.” Edward said with a shrug. “So far she’s done it with
Carlisle, Esme, Jasper and Rosalie. I think. I can’t really tell when it’s her thoughts she put in their head, or their own.”

“Strange.” I said with a tiny smile. My baby is gifted. “Can I see Renesmee too?”

Jacob and Edward exchanged a look, Jacob’s pleading, Edward’s firm. I would wonder about that, but with my baby in my arms, I couldn’t think of anything else, except the fact that I may only have her for a few years… So I will definitely hold on to her as long as I can… Renesmee too.

A few months later… >(A.N. The reason I’m skipping the funny parts… is that I can’t do that better then S.M… sorry for disappointing a few of you people…. But this makes it so the story itself doesn’t go on so long that people forget about it… also, I just want to get to this part…lmao)

The next three months went by as a blur, with only a few moments jumping out in my mind of upmost importance. Finding out my baby already had a move-in babysitter of an imprint, Charlie finding out that I wasn’t exactly my normal self, though he was still safe from knowing what I really was. Dealing with all the ups and downs of being a vampire, and finally being strong, if stronger, than my whole new vampire family.

There was one problem though. My children were growing too quickly. Carlisle said they were slowing down, but how positive can we be? Even with his data he was sure at this rate of growth, they’d only have fifteen years of life. As I watched my children play with everyone, I noticed the same face of worry cross everyone’s face. We watched as the girls learned how to walk together, how to run, how to speak…all in the first few weeks. It scared me, and it worried Edward.

Edelle grabbed my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts. She smiled at me, though I noticed it wasn’t as big of a smile I received when I first met her. She was holding up her rattle, the mysterious toy that had all of us wondering how much of Edelle’s power she was hiding from us. It irritated Edward to no end how we insisted that we couldn’t keep it away from her, as it made him worry. She held it even when she was sleeping, so that Edward couldn’t even tell her dreams. I smiled
down at her, “What do you want Edelle?”

“Nessie’s hungry,” she spoke clearly, annoying me with that nickname, though I was slowly getting used to it, “But she doesn’t want to hunt.”

I laughed and pulled my daughter into my arms, “Does she now? Maybe we can convince Jacob to take her?”

Edelle shook her head furiously, “No Mommy! Please give her a bottle!” Her eyes were fearful, as if she knew something none of us knew, “Please mom, just this once!”

I shook my head as I stood up, “You know we’re trying to teach you two to hunt. So why don’t we all go on an outing?” I was about to walk to find Renesmee, but Edelle grabbed onto my leg.

“Please Mom!!! Let us go later today, just stay around here right now!” I stared at my daughter, before looking across at Edward in confusion, as he had been in the living room too. He shrugged and walked over to Edelle, reaching for the rattle.

“Sweetie, Mom doesn’t understand you, can you please tell us what’s going on?” He asked and took hold of the rattle gently, but Edelle ripped it out of his reach.

“Don’t touch that!” She snapped, startling both of us. She looked up at us pleadingly, her hand holding on to the rattle so tightly that it started cracking the wood, “I don’t care if we go later, just right now let’s just stay inside and relax! Maybe watch a movie together!”

At that moment Jacob walked in with Renesmee in his arms, “What’s going on with Edelle?” He asked, putting his imprintee down. My daughter waddled over to Edelle and gave her a hug.

“Mommy, we don’t have to go hunting now, we can go later.” Renesmee spoke sweetly, so I now knew that whatever Edelle was freaking out about, my brown eyed girl now knew too. I looked over at Edward, who still looked confused.

“I don’t know…now I can’t hear Renesmee’s real thoughts.” He murmured, making me as confused as he was. Real thoughts? What did he mean? Edelle grabbed on my hand and smiled.

“See, we can stay and watched The Princess and the Frog!” she told me brightly, but I still was unsure.

“Well, I need to hunt right now Edelle…” She frowned, before smiling again.

“Then you and Daddy can go, while Jacob watches a movie with us!” She took Renesmee’s hand and plopped down in
front of Emmett’s big screen TV, showing us she had no plan of moving. I sighed and gave a “shall we?” gesture to him
before walking out.

Once we were out of what we determined was the girls hearing range, I turned to Edward, “Do you have any idea what that was about?” I asked, since I wasn’t the one with supernatural hearing of one’s thoughts.

He sighed, pinching his nose in typical Edward fashion, “I don’t know. She had her rattle remember? Then as soon as Renesmee came into the room, I couldn’t hear her thoughts properly either.”

I was still confused over that, “What do you mean?”

“Her thoughts were obviously not what she actually was thinking…it’s really confusing.”

“Maybe you got the subliminal thoughts?” I joked, and he shrugged.

“I don’t know, but what I do know is you need to hunt. You haven’t in the last few weeks.”

He pushed me gently in the way of the forest, and we got started into our normal competition of who can finish first. I was in the lead I’m sure, when he came by my side and looked around, “What’s going on Edward?” I asked and he gestured
with his head to look in a certain direction. When I turned to look, Irina was coming out of the shadows, almost sheepishly.

“Hello you two. Bella, we finally meet.” She smiled softly, which I returned.

“At last.” I was about to continue, but as Irina walked closer to us, her face showed her bewilderment.

“What is that smell?” She walked closer and wrinkled her nose, “There are two smells that shouldn’t belong to you Bella. You’re a recent vampire, yet you smell like you’ve been running around with wet, horrible smelling dogs….and humans?!?!
No, not human….”

Edward and I exchanged glances, before he cautiously began to speak, “Irina, we have children.”

Her eyes widened and she began to back away slowly, hissing, “Immortal? Edward that’s…”

“forbidden,” he finished for her, “we know. But they aren’t…or we assume…immortal.” My face fell at that reminder of our pain.

“Assume? I don’t understand.” She shook her head.

“I’m their biological father…Bella gave birth to them before I turned her.”

“Half-vampire, Half-human? That’s impossible!” Irina protested and he laughed.

“We thought so too…it was a close scare, but everyone’s healthy… at least, we hope they are.”

“There you go with the hope so, or you assume. What’s wrong with these children?” She asked, making us wince.

“They’re…growing. Too quickly. Carlisle thinks after fifteen years they’ll…” I couldn’t say it, but Irina caught my drift. She went silent.

“Do the Volturi know?”

“No. We’d like to keep it that way. If Carlisle’s right, then we only have them for a short time. I plan to go to Volterra myself, so they can see I’m a vampire, but they won’t find out about the twins existence. I hope you can keep our secret
Irina.” I murmured, and she looked down, before making eye contact with me.

“I want to see them, if I may.”

I smiled uneasily, “I would let you, but there is someone at our house you might find uncomfortable to see….”

“Who? Are you having human friends over or something?” she laughed, “I have great control, don’t worry. I also hunted on my way here…”

“No, we have a dog. He was one of Bella’s closest friends when she was human, and she couldn’t bear to part with him.
So we all have to restrain ourselves so we aren’t tempted to have a midnight snack,” Edward smiled and pulled out his cell phone, “I’ll call ahead and make sure he’s gone so it’s not an uncomfortable stay for you.”

Irina smiled, “Thank you. I didn’t know you were a dog person Bella.”

“They grew on me a few years ago.” I laughed at the pun as we walked towards the house, taking our time.

When Irina saw Edelle and Renesmee, she seemed to stop breathing she was in such shock. If it wasn’t for their non-red eyes and their polite behaviours, I’m sure she would have gone to the Volturi right away, telling them about the ‘Immortal Children’.

I smiled at my husband as I watched our twins charm their way into Irina’s heart, as they had done with the rest of us.

Irina looked over at us and smiled worriedly, “Am I supposed to keep this a secret from my sisters?”

Edward shook his head, “No. As long as you can insure that none of them are going to the Volturi anytime soon, you can invite them over.”

Irina smiled, “I’ll tell them… they avoid the Volturi as much as you guys. We haven’t seen even a trace of the Volturi since
Eleazar joined us,” she stood up and looked around, “I’d rather go now, then later…they would clearly enjoy this miraculous discovery.”

I chuckled, “I’m sure they will.” With that, she left and Edelle came walking towards me.

“Will we meet more vampires over the years Momma?”

I hugged her, “We will. So does this mean you knew she was around?” I asked, having put things together. If Edelle really had known…that meant her range of hearing thoughts was even larger then Edward’s was.

She just simply shrugged, leaving her power as mysterious as it was before. I laughed and looked over at Edward, “Is Irina planning to bring them over immediately?”

He gave a weak smile, “Yes. She figures it is better not to waste time…”

That caused my happy mood to disappear again. Yes, that would be one’s immediate thought. I hugged Edelle closer, not wanting to ever let my child go.

Three Years Later… (Edelle’s POV)

I was holding the old rattle in my hand lightly while glowering at my father. It looked slightly odd in my ten year old looking hand, but it was the easiest way of not letting my family know the full extent of my power. He looked back at me patiently. Over the years I had figured out a way to relax the shield a bit, but only so he knew parts of my thoughts, not all of them. I still liked my privacy. My thoughts went along with the looks on my face; there is no way in the red fiery place that I’m going again.

He sighed, pinching his nose in a way that he only did in front of me, never with Renesmee. “We’re going as a family to Alaska, and that’s final. Eleazar wants to try and figure out your power again…since you aren’t letting out any hints. Plus the sisters want to visit with Renesmee again.”

Of course. It was always for Renesmee. I loved my sister dearly, but I knew that we both had subtle differences to our powers that will cause everyone to love her more than me, even if it was only subconsciously. Her power made it that no one could keep her out, that everyone couldn’t help but love her. My power made people treat me like they do in movies to the mean popular girl. They want to become friends with her, yet never feel like they could. That meant while they played with Renesmee, I was only treated with politeness. Even in my own family I feel like I’m always being compared to my younger sister, though I only knew this because I know their thoughts.

I laughed bitterly, “I won’t let him dissect my power. Aren’t I allowed to have any privacy?” I asked. Alice skipped into the room and giggled.

“Not with Edward as a father, no you’re not. These last three years has been torture for him.”

I gave her a small smile, but crossed my arms over my black t-shirt. Aunt Alice loved shopping with Resnesmee, since they both loved the sport. She gets frustrated with me whenever she takes me, since I don’t exactly let her have any say in my clothes. “I don’t care. I’m not going.” I spoke more loudly, noting how all my aunts and uncles slowly came into the living room now, ready to force me along.

“Sweetie, we can’t let you stay here by yourself,” Mom tried to explain, “the Volturi…”

“Yeah I know, the famous Volturi. They’ll come, think I’m an immortal child, and kill me. Yeah, I got it. Not like it’ll matter, since Renesmee and I are going to die anyway.”

They all winced, but Carlisle came over and gave me a reassuring hug, “Your growth rate is slowing down Edelle. We are hoping…”

“That maybe you’ll get thirty years with us?” I looked over at Jasper, “And no way are you going to change us to vampires.
That’ll just be hazardous.”

Nessie skipped into the room and noted my defensive position. She gave me a hug and smiled up at me, placing a hand on my face, despite the fact I could already hear her thoughts, Please Edelle? For me? You know I find the trip up boring without you…especially since Jacob can’t come.” The Denali group found Jacob’s smell nauseating, so he wasn’t allowed to come anymore, much to his chagrin.

I groaned loudly, “Fine. But I get to drive.” I gave my family a small smile, but Rosalie laughed.

“No dice Princess. I already had a hard enough time fixing Emmett’s jeep after you trashed it.”

That widened my smile. That was a priceless moment. I still remember Emmett’s angry thoughts to go along with his roar of rage. “I’ll fix the car if I need to.” I spoke innocently, but my aunt just shook her head.

“Uh huh. Like you fixed Alice’s Porsche so she couldn’t go shopping with you?”

I shrugged, “Not my fault you taught me all you know.” I stuck my tongue out and grabbed my backpack, “Fine. I call shotgun in Rosalie’s car.”

“And I call backseat!” Renesmee crowed, racing outside after giving Jacob a hug goodbye. I sighed and followed her out.
Having a bundle of joy as a twin sister can be tiring sometimes.

A/N Haha, I love it. . . I can just imagine Emmett's angry face.. :P Alright, back to homework. Please review!
love it, plz keep me posted
Thanks Makayla! I will definitely, 99.9% positively keep you posted.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service