The Twilight Saga

What if Bella and Edward were best friends and the opposite poles? What if the line between friendship and love started to erase? All Human!

All characters belong to Stephenie Meyer

All happenings belong to me (Emma Cullen!)

¡Tus propias imágenes en una Slideshow para MySpace, Facebook, orkut o tu página web!mostrar todos los imagenes de esta slideshow

Chapter 1

A normal day in Forks. The sun was in the sky even though the clouds were surrounding the blue, well I guess as it was summer; the sun had to be there no matter what.

Charlie, my father, had already gone to the Police Station, and I was alone. In peace. Eating my breakfast and enjoying the quiet. I finished quickly and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and peep myself one more time in the mirror. I was still too white for July, but I guess being me – it was no surprise.

The sound of a horn made me jump. But the rhythm was just too familiar. God, did he always need to be so punctual?

I grabbed my bag and was already outside the house in a second.

“Hey Bell, why are you running?” my best friend laughed. “Late again, huh?”

“Ha ha,” I mocked as I sat in the passenger’s seat of his Volvo. “You know, Edward, some of us actually have something to do rather than speeding all night till sunrise in a Volvo.”

He arched one eyebrow. “Yeah, like reading for example? What, are you reading Wuthering Heights again?” his deep voice came husky, maybe because he’d been awake all night racing as he some times did in summer.

“Actually, is Romeo and Juliet,” I mumbled a bit ashamed. Yes, I was geek. I loved reading, so what? Sue me!

I sometimes couldn’t believe how two totally opposite people could go so well one with the other. Edward and I had been best friends since I first put a foot on this town, when my mother Renee died and I came to live with my dad when I was seven. We had been inseparable for eleven years now. But we were truly different. 

He was the popular guy, the best one of the swimming team. And overall, he was charismatic and… well - I had to admit, really handsome. And me, I was the total opposite. Not social at all, more of the indoors sports –with that I mean; reading and watching a movie from time to time, and I was completely average in beauty. I’d nothing that shocked people in my face, unlike Edward. His emerald green eyes killed almost every girl on this town. I said almost, because I couldn’t count me. He was my friend, almost like my brother.   

“Sure,” he amused and then his eyes turned mischievous. “Ready for a swimming party?” he gave me his Colgate smile.

I sighed, always the same with him… “You know I don’t swim, Edward.”

“We’ll see that,” he chuckled as he pressed the gas pedal to the max to go to the lake to spend a sunny day together – as we loved to do in summer.

Chapter 2

“Come on, Bell! Look at the water, doesn’t it look tasty?” Edward pushed standing one foot from the top of the lake and waving me to go to his spot.

“I DON’T SWIM!” I shouted back. Besides, I felt self conscious about being only in bikini around him. He was just Edward and all, I know… but well, we had grown up now, and it wasn’t like if we were seven anymore. And deep inside I knew, that his body was just too perfect and mine was just too average.

I sat on a rock and took the sun lotion out of my bag, when two wet hands touched my back unexpectedly.

“Ouch! You are cold!” I yelled to an all-wet Edward behind me. His childish face made me smile.

“Bell, it’s summer here, on the earth, remember?” He amused as he sat by my side, putting his head back to see the sun.

“Well, my summer is a bit different than yours, all right? I actually like to be in touch with culture instead of always with water and parties and cars and girls!” I stuck my tongue at him.

“There is only a girl I like to be with,” he smiled childishly one more time.

I made a face. “Jessica is just—” he cut me off, putting his index on my lips.

“I was referring to you, silly girl.”

“Oh,” I bragged, content. “Well, she’s still your girlfriend.”

He rolled his eyes. “Don’t tell me you don’t die to go out with Jasper Hale. I’ve seen you watching him during gym class, you almost drool over him.”

I dropped my eyes to the floor, but his stare was so intense that even though I wasn’t look at him I turned crimson red. I couldn’t believe he noticed about Jasper, I didn’t even notice it myself so clearly! God, how could he know me so much?!

“I don’t know what you are saying, Jasper is a jerk,” I said. I didn’t know if he could understand me, I was seriously mumbling.

“Only because he is in the football team?” he arched his eyebrow one more time. And I could hear the skeptical tone in his words; he was in a team as well.

I sighed again. “Not because of that, just because he’s been with almost every girl of this town. And you know I don’t like players.”

He stayed silent for some seconds and kicked a pebbled from the ground. “Romeo doesn’t exist, you know… It’s just a character.” He shrugged and stood up.

“Maybe he does…” I mumbled under my breath and shrugged. We stayed quiet after that, but just for a minute.

He suddenly looked behind me with suspicious eyes. “Hey, what’s that over there?” he said.

I turned around and looked at his spot too. “What’s what?” I couldn’t see anything rather than green and brown.

“Got you!” I heard him shout as I realized I had his arms around my torso lifting me and placing me on his chest. Oh – oh.

There is now a VIDEO for Until It Happens, that I made. (It's my first one, so... XD) To watch, click on the banner! And please leave me your thoughts :)

I know some chapters are missing on the page, so here is A PDF WITH ALL THE CHAPTERS: Until It Happens.pdf

---------------------------

MY OTHER STORIES:

A fictional/real short story, It involves Fan Fiction, love, and... Robert?
  • And There Was You. To read CLICK HERE  [PAUSED]

My new All Human, Edward & Bella story. They hate each, but what because of a fatan incident the only thing they would have was twhat they hated the most?

MY ONE-SHOTS:

• A Tempting Realization - A Jasper and Bella One Shot (has now turned into a story by Alexis B, the one shot is now chapter 1). To read CLICK HERE

• Picturing The Impossible - A Jacob and Bella One Shot. To read CLICK HERE

• Everything We Are - A Jacob and Leah (Blackwater) One Shot. (Now Carmen have started the story adaptation in a new discussion). To read CLICK HERE

• Let It Be - A Jacob and Renesmee One Shot. To read CLICK HERE

• The End - Chapter 3 of New Moon in Edward's POV. To read CLICK HERE

IF YOU WANT ME TO KEEP YOU UPDATED WHEN THERE IS ANY NEW CHAPTER, ADD ME AS A FRIEND!

Please read and comment back!

Views: 9380

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to bother you but I can't find chapters: 8, 9, and 10. Please help.

-Kendra

Chapter 11

“Oh, Alice, come on! It’s enough!” I complained to my best friend’s little sister that was killing me as she applied me some make up.

“Please, Bella, I didn’t do anything yet, promise it’ll be subtle.” Alice sang as she moved her hands through every inch of my face.

“You better,” I threatened. Alice glared at me and put her index on her lips gesturing me to close my mouth. I rolled my eyes and tried to stay calm. But who could I fool? It was almost seven thirty and my heart was already beating more than necessary.

The beauty session was taking place in the living room. Edward went away with Charlie that needed some help for buying some fishing stuff. So Alice had me all for herself. She first revised all my clothes with her memory and made me try six different outfits before choosing the one she preferred the most. I had to admit that the dress didn’t look bad at all. After that, I had been stuck in this beauty party, almost for three hours now. God, anything to please Alice, I guess.

“Almost done.” She said fifteen minutes later. My face was contracting with how still I had to put it.

“You said that five minutes ago.” I mumbled, cautioning I wouldn’t bite the lipstick she was trying to apply to my lips.

“Almost, almost…” she was grinning more with every second passing by. “Ready!”

In the same second Alice pronounced the magic word, I heard a car parking outside my house. My heart stopped completely for the littlest of time before I heard Edward and Charlie’s familiar voice reaching to the door. I took a deep breath in relief and went to open.

“Hey, kiddo,” Charlie greeted, caring some plastic bags with him. “Nice job Alice, you look really nice.”

“Of course she does: Alice Cullen the Queen of fashion!” we heard her exclaimed from the living room.

Charlie and I both rolled our eyes. “Thanks dad,” I said then, blushing.

Edward was still walking to the door as my father went inside the kitchen, his hands wew occupied with more plastic bags.

“Hey, Be—wow.” Edward stared at me for some long seconds, his eyes widened as they traced my silhouette from the bottom to the top several times.

I tensed. “What? That bad?”

He finally met my eyes. “No, Bell. Just too good.” He shook his head some times and smiled.

“Shut up, you jerk!” I punched his arm as I turned crimson red.

His eyes widened again. “Why am I being a jerk if I’m telling you, you look beautiful?”

The red came in litters to my cheeks, now. “Because you are making me feel embarrassed, that’s why!”

He laughed. “You are serious a lost case, you know?”

I made a mocking face. “You think?”

His contagious laughter appeared again. “Even more beautiful now.”

“Ha ha.” I messed his hair with one hand and started walking to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror when Edward grabbed my wrist.

I turned to look at him, my eyes questioning.

“Hey, just for you to know… I like how you look in your oasis sweat as much as this – maybe even more.” He grinned.

“Whatever,” I tried to fake seriousness and hide a smile that was starting to play with my lips. He was too awesome.

I ran to the bathroom then, almost stumbling with my own feet, once. “Oh my,” I mumbled as I stared at a better version of myself – way better. Alice was a genius, I had to admit I looked pretty damn good.

And was Edward blind? How could I look the same or better with my oasis sweat? Jeez.

I ran again, to the living room this time, and took Alice on a big bear hug.

“I love it, I love it, I love it!” I sang as I almost choked her with my arms. “THANK YOU!”

She grinned and placed a smug smile in her face. “I know, I know… I’m gifted…,”she sighed. “Oh, what can I say?”

“You’re welcome?” I arched an eyebrow.

“That can be a possibility,” she grinned and looked at the watch in the wall. “Almost eight…”

Scared flashed through my face as I heard the time. I looked at the other beings on the living room as I tried to find an excuse to distract myself. Charlie had already turned on the TV but peeped at us from time to time. Edward was behind me, sitting in the sofa and trying to calm me with his relax stare.

“Everything is gonna be fine, Bell,” he comforted me as he patted the place beside him for me to sit there. I did as he commanded. “Just relax.”

I placed my head in his shoulder and closed my eyes. His scent had always calmed me down. It was like therapy. He had laughed when I had told him that the best relaxing therapy that existed was smelling him and thought that was a bit creepy. But what could I do? I didn’t choose what relaxed me and what didn’t.

He laughed at my side as he noticed what I was doing. “Do I smell good?”

I faked a gross face. “Not at all,”

He smelled my bare shoulder. “Yeah, you don’t smell good either.”

We both stuck out tongues at each other, at the same time, and laughed.

Alice was staring at us with horror in her face. “You seriously are freaks.” She rolled her eyes and continued leafing through the fashion magazine she had asked her brother to buy for her.

When I was going to answer to her definition of us, the sound of a car parking outside cut me off – and cut my breathe off, too.

“Eight sharp.” Alice grinned as she looked at the watch one more time.

“Oh my God, oh my God,” those words were coming off my system one more time. Jeez, would that happen every time I saw him?

Someone knocked the door, and I saw my father standing up – not after giving me a look I couldn’t completely interpret. It was something between ‘have fun’ and ‘I’m watching you’.

“Just relax,” Edward whispered to my ear and helped me stand up. I nodded and breathed deeply. It was it, what else could I do? Just relax and spend a good time…

I heard the front door opened.

“Hi. Jasper Hale, right?” My dad said with a serious tone. Oh dad, please don’t make Jasper spend an awkward time! I thought as if he were able to read my mind.

“Yes, sir. I come to look for you daughter, I want to take her out.” Jasper’s voice sounded really nervous. And that made me relax a little it. One thing I would have never bet, that Jasper Hale would be nervous. Well, I guess everyone can shock you from time to time.

“All right, and please call me Charlie. Come in, I’ll call Bella.” I heard Charlie replied at the same time a door shut close.

“Go, Bella! He’s waiting!” Alice almost shouted, too exhilarated. “Please spend a good time and don’t make it easy for him!”

I glared at her. “Alice, what are you talking about? Of course I won’t make it easy for him! Do you even know what you are saying?”

Alice shrugged. “I don’t know… that’s what they always say in movies.”

Edward and I both looked at each other and laughed. “Alice, you shouldn’t repeat something you don’t know what it means.” Edward said, messing his hair up.

“True,” Alice said with a snob voice and came to my side to give me a hug.

In the same time, Charlie came inside the room. “Bella, Jasper is waiting for you in the kitchen. Could you please hurry up? Poor kid.” he murmured something unintelligible toward the end, and shaking his head, he went to the kitchen again.

I breathed deeply. “All right, I should go. Charlie’s right.”

“You should,” Edward smiled warmly and put a strand of my hair on its right place.

I smiled back. When I walking to the kitchen, I felt his hand in my wrist restraining me one more time.

“Hey,”

I turned around to meet his eyes. “Yep?”

“Just… take care, all right?” his eyes were deep on mine.

“Of course I will, but why are you—”

“Just because.” He breathed deeply when he saw my eyes weren’t happy with the answer. “I don’t know, I’m sorry… I’m a bit overprotective, I guess.” He shrugged and smiled his Colgate smile.

I rolled my eyes. “Just a bit?” He tilted his head from side to side.

“Maybe I could stay and wait you for you to come back—”

I waved my hand in the air. “No need.”

“But so you can have someone to talk to when—”

I rolled my eyes at his overreacted-reaction. “Edward, I’m not seven anymore, I’m a grown up girl now. I’ll see you tomorrow and tell you everything.”

“I know you are,” he smiled back; two little dimples appeared on each side of his cheek.

“Hey, I’m always bothering you. Now you have some time to do what you want and go see Jessica.” I suggested, though the idea wasn’t that pleasant for me. Jessica was a stupid B. But he liked her.

He sighed. “Yeah, maybe…”

“Hate you,” I smiled childishly.

He hugged me and started walking to the kitchen.

“Hey!” I protested, folding my arms across my chest. “You didn’t say the secret words.”

It was his time to roll his emerald green eyes, now. He bended to my ear and whispered, “Love you too. Happy?”

“Now yes.” I grinned as I went out of the room.

Jasper’s mouth hung open as he stood up from a kitchen’s chair and stared at me. I could see for the look he was giving me how much he was trying to not check me out. Especially because my father was two steps away. I had to suppress a giggle that was threatening to escape my thorax.

“Hey, Jasper,” I said, trying to stutter the less I could. His black T-shirt made his eyes stun in a perfect way.

“Hey,” he smiled. And then his eyes went to Edward beside me. “Oh, hi Cullen,”

“Hey, everything cool?” Edward greeted.

“It is,” Jasper answered and flashed a look to me. And again, hello Mr. giggle! Welcome back! – Not missed you at all.

“Great,” Edward replied.

“Always here, huh?” Jasper joked. But the tone didn’t seem too genuine.

Edward crossed his arms across his chest and nodded. “Always, just like the Moon and the Earth – they can’t be apart, right?”

“Right,” I gave Edward a look. “Let’s go, now?” this was starting to get a bit uncomfortable, so without any answer I went to the door. Jasper followed me from behind.

“Bella, wouldn’t you be cold with only that?” Charlie cleared his throat, making us both stop.

And there I remembered. “Shoot, I’ll be back in a second.” I told Jasper. I ran out of the room before anyone could say anything.

Trying to stumble the less possible, I ran through the stairs and into my room. I took Jasper’s blue jacket from the white chair and turned off the light. Before going down, I smell it one more time.

When I reached the kitchen again, everyone was staring at me with questioning eyes.

“I had forgotten your jacket,” I mumbled, giving it to him.

“Oh, thanks.” He smiled, taking it in his hands. “And si— Charlie, if she is cold, I’ll lend her my jacket.”

Charlie frowned, then sighed. “No more than midnight, got it?”

Jasper nodded. “Of course, midnight will be.”

“Bye, Si—Charlie.”

“Bye.” But it was Edward who replied.

And you know what? Like in the movies, Jasper opened my door of the car and let me in. I tried not to blush and to tell my brain to tell my heart not to pounce with force – but no one ever listens to me!

“Where are we going?” I asked as we were already on the road.

He smiled and looked at me. “You’ll see. By the way, you look beautiful tonight.”

PLEASE READ AND COMMENT BACK!!!
omg
love it
Gasp. I love it!!!! love love love love it!!!!!!!!!! new reader.
i can imagine bella in the dress on the left
Oooh.Edward is so protective. I'm in love with your story Emma! Adore rthe dresses, too! XD
i cant find 11 either its not on here i am liking the story but im missing things so im gonna stop reading untill you fix it unless you have it on another website
Chapter 12 - Part 1

Jasper was driving through a road I couldn’t completely identify. He was the opposite of Edward when it came to driving – slower and not that crazy. Some nice song was being played in the radio and it gave the night a really relaxing aura. Also the night alone was amazing, it’d been a long time since I’d seen a night like this in Forks. Not one cloud on the sky and it seemed as if the stars were as shiny as ever.

Jasper’s eyes were on me every five seconds and I was starting to feel really self conscious. Why did I let Alice apply me blusher? It’d be enough with my own blush!

Okay seriously – too many looks. “What?” I asked Jasper when it’d been enough.

His eyes widened with the question and then he laughed. “I was creeping you out, wasn’t I?”

I nodded. “Maybe,” I laughed back. “So what is it?”

He shrugged. “Sorry, you really look beautiful tonight…” His voice came lower at the end, and it looked as if he turned a bit nervous.

Suddenly something Alice said in the house came to my mind. It wasn’t for the exact situation the phrase was made – but, for some reason it sounded right. ‘Don’t make it easy for him.’ I wouldn’t.

“You already said that.” I replied as I stared through the window.

“Err, I know, I was just making it clearer…” His voice sounded a bit surprised… and embarrassed?

He suddenly laughed again – bitterly this time. “Jeez…” I looked at him to see him shaking his head.

“What?”

“You are always so difficult?”

“No. But you just can’t buy me with a ‘you look beautiful’, that’s all.” And that was something I had to learn from the bad ways – but at least I had truly learnt it.

“What?” He frowned and stared deeply into my eyes – so much I feared we’d crash. “Do you think I think you are some kind of thing I can buy?”

“You are all the same,” I shrugged and gulped the lump in my throat. “Romeo just doesn’t exist.”

His eyes were full of questions as he scrutinized me. “We seriously are not all the same, and it’s true Romeo doesn’t exist… but--- Who hurt you so badly?”

The question came so unexpectedly that I almost choked. “Wh-what are you saying?” I tried not to stutter – but I couldn’t help it, I was actually surprised.

“Yeah, like… why you think all men are the same? Who made you think that?” His tone was curious and thorough as well. As if he was weighing up till which point he could go.

I cringed silently. My fists clenched involuntary, my heart roared for the pain – my brain for the memories. It was coming. The unbelievably painful mix of feelings were overpowering my system little by little – cell by cell.

“Are you okay?” I heard Jasper asking at me with a worried tone. But I just could not open my eyes. I nodded some times not wanting to worry him. “Are you sure? You look… distressed.”

I breathed some times and made my best to open my eyes. Come on, Bella! Would he ruin another relationship when it hadn’t even started?! Not that I thought this could turn into a relationship. Psst.

I met his confused eyes, and something in them made me want to tell him about it. To tell him my story. Though it would hurt as hell. “Jacob Black,” I breathed.

“I’m sorry?” He frowned at my side.

“His name was Jacob Black… the one who made me think all men are the same. Jacob Black.” Ouch. His name was still truly painful to say.

“Oh,” he nodded. And instantly he became stiff. “So he does have a name.”

“Yep. A very ugly one.” I made a face. The truth was – it wasn’t ugly at all. It was actually one of the prettiest names I’d ever heard. No way would I ever recognize that.

He laughed at my addition and frowned again. “Where is he from? I don’t remember that name…”

“That’s because he lives in the Reservation. Well, I heard he’s been traveling all around the US for a year, now… So he’s not there. Our fathers were best friends, that’s why I knew him… After what happened they stopped talking.” That made me sad too, Charlie and Billy were really good friends and everything had been ruined then.

I could see the changes of expression on his face – and it felt good to know that he was actually paying attention to what I was saying.

“What did this Jacob do to you?”

I sighed. “Just made me really unhappy and break my heart…”

He was tenser now. “I’m sorry. Why? What did that ass do to you? If I can know, of course…”

I half-smiled at his mention and breathed a bit calmer. “He cheated on me – badly. Like with my best friend?” Jeez, it was still really hard to say… and embarrasing.

His eyes widened with the twist. “Wow. That son...” but he stopped before he could finish the phrase, maybe because he realized I somehow cared about Jacob.

I smiled again, this time wider. “Nah, poor mother she doesn’t have the fault of having such a stupid kid. My ex-best friend on the other hand…”

“Do I know her?” he questioned while turning to the left.

I shook my head. “Don’t think so. She was from the reservation too. Leah Clearwater was her name. Luckily she has moved out to New Orleans with her family, now… They said it was because of her father’s work – I know it was both because of that and because of the shame.” I actually felt truly relieved, telling him all this. Things I didn’t usually let myself talk about.

We stayed quiet for some minutes and then he broke the silence – his voice almost as low as a whisper.

“You still love him?”

“No.” Of that thing I was sure. I’d never love someone that had hurt me so badly.

“You miss him?”

I took a deep breath. “Sometimes…”

The quietness came again. And once more he broke it.

“We truly aren’t all the same, you know?”

I nodded. Just one name came to my head immediately. Edward. He wasn’t as the other guys, I was sure of that. That thought made me smile again, and just for the fraction of a second I wondered what could he possibly be doing now, maybe he was with his awful girlfriend, doing something I just really didn’t want to think of. Maybe he was bored? I had to suppress a laugh as I remembered one time last year when we were really bored so he decided that we needed to dress up as if we were hippies. So we went to the centre of the town and started talking to everyone with a hippie voice and telling them whatever craziness it occurred to us… they didn’t even noticed we were us! It was hilarious, we almost peed our pants the whole time.

“But you are like that,” I told him, coming back from my memories.

He frowned. “I’m not!” I glared at him. “Well—I’m a player, that’s true… But I’d never cheat on anybody. I think it’s really low.”

That was nice, and a relieve. “I don’t know why but I believe you…”

It was his turn to smile. “Glad to hear that. And what about Cullen, he’s a player too, isn’t he?” His tone was a bit skeptical in the last part and a bit harsh too.

“Edward?” That came from nowhere. “He really isn’t. At all. He’s been with some of the girls from this town but they were dating or something like that. He really isn’t one.”

“All right, all right, you really are always like standing up for him…” He tried to laugh but I could sense the seriousness of his question.

I shrugged. But it was true. “Yes, maybe. He’s just my best friend and I love him, that’s all.”

“That’s cool,” Yeah, well he should have told that to his face – because it showed the opposite. The car suddenly stopped and he grinned. “We are here.”

Wow.
update asap
lol
Chapter 12 - Part 2

The water of the lake was illuminated by the light of the sun behind the moon. The sand under my feel felt cold even though I had my shoes on. There was a small pier near the rocks were a boat was moored. I couldn't believe I'd been so focused on our conversation that I didn't notice we were going to the lake.

Jasper gestured me to follow him with his head and I couldn't not put a frown in my face – I was completely lost. We were walking towards the pier and the damn rocks were making it difficult for me to follow him. Jasper suddenly realized the fight I was having with my own feet and smiling took my hand in a slow way. Of course I blushed, but luckily there wasn't enough light as to see it.

"Alright, just wait. Where are we going?" I asked when I couldn't stand the anxiety anymore. My arms went to my chest as I stopped abruptly.

He faked a lunatic face. "I know what you did last summer and now it's time for you to pay." He laughed a horror laugh and took my hand one more time.

"That's not funny, you know? I almost cried when I saw that movie. If you don't believe me, ask Edward." I gulped as I tried to keep up with his pace.

He sighed at my side. "You saw it with Cullen?"

"Yep. And I made him wait for me to fall asleep before he did. He also had to sung me my lullaby, but don't tell anybody he'd kill me." I thought for some seconds and spoke again. "No, he wouldn't. He doesn't care a bit about what others think of him."

We were almost in the pier by now, and I was getting used to this threatening rocks. Jasper seemed in another planet for some minutes, his gaze lost in the distance of the water. He suddenly looked at me and frowned again.

"Your lullaby? What do you mean with your lullaby?" His voice was curious as he looked at me and then to the rocks so we wouldn't fall.

"Oh," I sighed. "It's Edward… he's so stupid he's made me a lullaby… you know he plays the piano." I rolled my eyes. Edward was always spoiling me. God.

I felt his hand contracting more than necessary then. "Yes, I know. He's got everything, hasn't he?"

But before I could answer anything we were already in front of a white boat.

"Welcome," He grinned as he gave me his hand again to help me enter. What?

My eyes widened as they tried to get as much information as possible. "What's this?"

"My father rents boats, so I asked him if he could lend me this one for tonight. It's not that luxurious but well… it's something." He shrugged and smiled.

Of course I knew his father rented boats, the same as I knew his mother didn't work, and that his sister Rosalie was a beautiful model. No way would I tell him this, he'd thought I was a stalker!

"It's truly awesome," I gasped as I saw the little boat behind my eyes. It had a little table in the middle of it and a tiny light.

His skills with the boat were amazing. I'd have never said Jasper would have skills in the water. That was truly something I thought only Edward had. Well – for people I know, of course.

We were already inside the boat and he was driving it with a little engine to somewhere in the middle. I had to say that at first I was bit scared, being in the grip of the night just with a tiny boat – but his ability with it made me realized there was nothing to fear. And to say the truth, the adventure of being with Jasper in the night and like this was too good as to not being enjoying it.

He suddenly took his bag and opened it. "So mademoiselle," he said faking a serious voice. "For tonight we have chicken sandwiches and chips…" He showed me our banquet, and shrugged. "Sorry it's not that much, but it wasn't going to be easy to make an elaborated meal in a boat."

"Hey, it's awesome. I love chicken sandwiches, really." I smiled trying to encourage him and helped him with the plastic dishes and cutlery.

His eyes were on me as he gave the first bite of his sandwich. "What else do you love?" he tried to mumble the less he could.

And I couldn't not smile. "I don't know, I really love lots of things. Reading, laughing, feeling comfortable, spending time with my father, watching the moon and the stars. I love when there is justice in the world and hate the opposite. Love the peace and hate violence. I love when Edward plays the piano and let himself go, he seems to be just in the right place, in the place he'll always happy. I love thinking about my mother and remembering how much fun I had with her. Also her smell, one of the best I'd ever smelt. I love smelling Edward when I feel anxious, I don't know why, but it's awesome… maybe it remembers me something of my mother's one. Or maybe is because he makes me feel as safe as my mother had. Or maybe…" I trailed off and stared to the stars.

"Maybe?" He questioned arching an eyebrow, making me stare at him instead.

I shrugged. "I don't know… just makes me feel incredibly good." I smiled remembering the hundreds of time he sighed loudly when I started smelling him.

"Oh." He said and took another bite of his sandwich.

I thought he would continue talking but he just stayed quiet. I tried my sandwich and made my best to eat like a lady.

"It's really good," I said when I was done gulping. "Like seriously good."

"Really?" He grinned. "I made them." He said proud of himself. That was nice, a man that cooked was always worth it.

"You did? You like cooking?"

"I really do… But don't tell anybody it makes me feel a bit embarrassed." He mumbled and looked at the floor. Oh, cute.

I laughed a soft laugh. "You don't have to, you know, girls like that boys cook…" Thank God there was not too much light here either. Or my face would have exploded of the redness.

He arched an eyebrow in a playful way and whispered. "You like that?"

Hello Mr. Blush! "Umm, y-yes. I do like that." I finished with a confidence I didn't think I had.

He smiled a really childish smile in front of me. "If you like it, I'm glad I'm a cooker." He finished his sandwich and gulped. "In fact, I can cook for you some time if you want… You know, so you can see I truly cook and it isn't something I made up to impress girls. Well, you…"

Was Jasper Hale inviting me to a second date? "Hmm," I played a bit. "I'm really a tough critic, I don't know if you could impress me…"

In that second he put a face that I had to admit it was seriously sexy. "Trust me, I could."

Wow. He was seriously a player, or he knew what to say in order to make you drool over.
Or I was just too naïve.

The date continued with the 'knowing each other' stage. We questioned about our past and our futures, also about our presents. We laughed a lot and play a bit. Sometimes he'd stare so much at me that'd have to look to another way because I felt too self conscious. I discovered he liked to produce that on me. But as I tried not to look away, the nervousness would always have the best of me and made me do it despite my will.

"So…" he said when we were done with the chips. "What are you doing Sunday night?"

And here it was coming. The 'not make it easy for him' appeared again in my brain. "Umm, I don't know, it's still Friday night."

I think he catch what I was doing because his eyes were playful the next time he looked at mine. "I know it is, but maybe I can show you my skills this Sunday?"

"Umm, I've to see if I don't have something else to do in my agenda." I played as I stared to the water.

"Oh, don't worry; just let me know as soon as possible so I can ask Lauren instead." My eyes met his involuntarily. I tried to say something smart but the words just wouldn't come out my system, I only could blink.

He was smiling and shaking his head as I stared blankly at him. "I was kidding. But your face was worth it." He laughed as he stood up to take something of the edge.

I cleared my throat as I tried to take that stupid face off me. Without thinking it twice I stood up myself and went to his side to give him a little push. Just to pay him for what he'd just said. And then…

SPLASH.

"Oh my God, Jasper! I'm so sorry, stupid me! Are you alright?" I shouted as I realized I'd just thrown him to the water. Couldn't I be more clumsy? GOD! "I swear I was kidding I just wanted to push you a little bit, so sorry! Please take my hand so I can help you!"

Jasper was still in the water and I couldn't interpret his expression entirely. I was just praying he wouldn't hate me after this.

He did as I said. And well just…

SPLASH.

"Y-Y-YOU TH-THREW M-ME TO THE W-WATER?" I was trying to breathe calmly but the scared to the water was overpowering my senses. "I hate the water!"

Jasper was laughing as hell as he tried to take me in his arms so I wouldn't drown. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry… It was too perfect."

I splashed him some water as I tried to put myself together. But I couldn't not laugh myself, the situation was really bizarre. "I really am scared of the water; ask Edward if you don't believe me!"

He was suddenly serious. "I don't have to ask him… I believe you."

I nodded at his side. And suddenly he was closer to me. My heart pounced with violence as he came even closer – still holding me with his hands so I wouldn't drown.

"T-the water is pretty warm, don't you think?" I tried to say anything that wouldn't make me look that lunatic. The truth was that I was too much of a chicken to stay quite and let myself go.

"Mhm," he breathed. "It's really nice…" Our bodies were now touching and he started to approximate his face when I suddenly realize what was happening.

"Jasper, the boat!" I yelled as I pointed him the boat that was now some meters of us.

"Oh, *edited by moderator* He exclaimed as he put one hand in his hair. "Come on, let's swim to there, take my back!" He commanded in a rush and started swimming.

I had to say the swimming skills wasn't as good as Edward's ones but it may do. We finally reached the boat and climbed it. Way too much adrenaline for one night.

We both sighed as we lied down in the boat looking to the starry sky. And then we both started laughing.

"I can't believe that just happened," Jasper said as he tried to breathe. "This is seriously the funniest date I've ever had." He smiled and looked at me deeply on the eyes.

"Yep. My dress appreciated the water." I tried to joke as I take some water off it.

"I think it looks really nice, it looks kind of… sexy." He whispered at my ear and chuckled. The sound gave tickles to every inch of my body and I bit my lip a bit self conscious.

"Wow," I looked at the watch in my wrist. "It's almost midnight, we should really get going."

He sat up in the same moment. "We really should, I don't want to give the wrong impression to the Sheriff in our first date."

Blush! "Yes, you know when he's mad he likes to use his gun." I made a creepy face.

He gulped. "We shouldn't let that happen." He grinned and started the engine.

The way home was quiet and wet. We were still all wet but laughing about it.

"So…" he murmured as he parked in the front of my house. "I really wasn't joking about Sunday night…Would you like me to cook you dinner?" This time his voice sounded not nervous at all. He was so sure it gave me goose bump.

I tried to talk despite my anxious heart. "Of course. I would love to be your critic."

He smiled. "Great, I'd love that too." And with that he started coming closer to me. His eyes deeply on mine. I didn't chicken like the other time, and just closed my eyes. My heart was pouncing with force but it actually felt really nice.

The gap between us was almost closed, but my eyes were shut now. I felt his breathing almost in my lips and then, unexpectedly, 'It's raining men' started sounding from my bag.

We both jumped and I grabbed the damn cell phone with shaky hands. 'New message from Edward' it said in the screen.

"Cullen…" He sighed at my side. I sighed too and put the cell phone in again. I'd read it later when I could kill him.

"Yep, I'm sorry. I should get going," I mumbled as I grabbed my bag and opened the door.

"Yes, we don't want to get the sheriff upset." He laughed. "So I meet you at my house on Sunday night, at seven maybe?"

"Sure." I smiled. "At seven I'll be there. Thanks for tonight, I really enjoyed it..."

"Great, because I enjoyed it too." he grinned as he pecked my cheek softly.

"Bye…" I breathed as I entered to my house. When I was inside I took my cell phone from my bag:

"You still with Hale?"

I clenched my fists and rolled my eyes.

"I was until 'It's raining men interrupted us! : Couldn't u find a more glaring song? You Jerk! " And with that I pressed send.
by the way I can't find part 1 on chapter 12.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service