The Twilight Saga

CHAPTER ONE- The Ball that Could Change Everything

BPOV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is 1779, I am in the land of Britain, and I am a vampire. My name is Isabella Swan, but I only go by Bella. I am what my kind calls, “crazy” for my way of feeding, since unlike most vampires, my family and I eat only the blood of the animals living around our current area. I live with Carlisle and Esme, the best people I’ve ever met. I love them like my own parents, which makes sense because I’m technically only seventeen, though I am really 115 years old. I have never felt the feeling of true love, as I walk the world with my parents.  

Carlisle is a doctor, but we frequent balls when he returns from his work. Money has never been an issue in our family, since Carlisle is given massive amounts of money for his work.

“Bella! Come into the dining area, we have a lovely surprise for you!” Esme’s voice called from the bottom of the grand staircase. They continually were trying to push suitors into my life. From vampires to humans; everyone they thought that might sweep me off my feet never did. It felt like all of the time, I was putting gowns to meet with men that I never fell in love with. Most fell for me, that was obvious enough, some continued to write letters of affection, but I continued to ignore them, knowing I would only hurt them if I said I loved them back.

“Coming Esme!” I whisked down the marble staircase to see a muscular man standing five feet away from Carlisle and Esme.

“Hello, you must be Isabella Swan. I am Mr. Cullen, Emmett Cullen.” He had a deep, rich voice, but I knew right then that we would never work.

“Hello Mr. Cullen, please, call me Bella.” I said giving a small smile and shaking his hand. Vampire. His hand was warm against mine, but the kind that only other vampires felt. No blood pulsed through his veins.

I couldn’t find that spark, he was easy to talk to, but he clearly was in love with another girl.

As we sat in the porch of my house, I asked him, “Who are you in love with?”

He suddenly became tense and full of regret. “Her name is Rosalie Lillian Hale, she is a beautiful human, but I cannot marry her.” My pain and sympathy for him instantly rushed through me.

“Why not, is she of another class?” I asked worried.

“Yes, she is my maid, the most beautiful creature I have known, but alas, she is human and engaged to a clergyman. I have never told her my true feelings. I am sorry, but I cannot continue to talk about her, the pain is unbearable.” His fist was clenched, covering part of his face.

“I am so sorry Emmett. But there must be someone there who is part of your family that helps you through this agony.” He looked up at me.

“Yes, there is, my brother Edward Cullen.” Edward, I quite liked the sound of that name, Mrs. Edward Cullen- no, I do not even know of him.

“I do believe he would be interested in meeting you.” Emmett said with a smile.

“Will you tell me about Mr. Cullen?”

“He is a vampire like myself, but he is incredibly quick and agile. He is muscular, but he does not have the same build as me. He loves music, and the piano. And the rest, you will have to wait and see about. You should come to our next ball, you and your family. We are holding one next week in fact. You can meet my sister as well, Alice, and her fiancé Jasper.” He smiled as he stood up.

“I need to get back as soon as time allows. But we shall hopefully meet very soon.” Emmett gingerly took my gloved hand and kissed it. I smiled and waved goodbye as he sprinted into the forest off to his estate. I walked back into the house, and I saw Carlisle and Esme looking disappointed that I did not fall in love with a man.

“Do not look so disappointed, we were just invited to a ball by Emmett Cullen. You might have been onto something mother.” And right then, I sprinted up the stairs to find a gown to wear to the ball that might change everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ONE WEEK LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived in a carriage with our footmen and driver, the night was clear and starry, and I could hear the chatter and bustling sounds of unassuming humans dancing with vampires and other humans.

“Are you ready Bella?” I heard Esme whisper to me in my ear as we walked into the grand estate. The castle was elegant and extravagant, swirls and columns decorated the wide and tall estate. The mere sight would have taken my breath away, if I had not seen the man standing next to Emmett at the front double doors.

I felt my pace quicken slightly in excitement. Esme held onto me tightly, trying to hold me back I presume.

“Hello Mr. Cullen, it’s lovely to see you once again.” I said to Emmett.

“The feeling is mutual Ms. Swan, you look so gorgeous. Please let me introduce you to my brother, the other Mr. Cullen. Edward, Bella Swan.”

Vous êtes donc enchanteur Miss Swan.” (AN: You are so enchanting in French.) I would have blushed if I could.

“Would you care for a dance?” He asked with a smile. I bit my lip and nodded. Edward kissed my hand and lead me into a grand ballroom full of high class men and women. All eyes turned unto us as we started to whirl around gracefully, just gazing into each other’s eyes, his a lovely golden color, the color of the sun. I couldn’t see anyone else, I felt like my frozen heart could beat once more.

I took a good look at him, his smiling face, his messy, bronze hair, and his unbelievable face. We danced until the song ended, and I curtsied as he bowed. But right then, he took a light hold on my hand and walked me out onto the courtyard. He turned and looked deep into my eyes. His fingers lifted my face up to his lightly, and kissed my lips ever so gently.

“I am sorry. That was wrong of me.” Edward said looking away.

“No, it was not. It was just right.” I turned his head to face mine. Edward smiled, and so did I. Because I couldn’t believe it, I was falling in love.

And then my dream came crashing down.

“Isabella, I cannot love you. I am engaged to another.”

(Disclaimer, the characters are Stephaine's , the plot is mine!) Please tell me what you think! :)

Banner made by debra! :)

Views: 651

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Nicole! Lol! I'll post more soon!

-Kallie!

I thought it was awesome :)

please right more soon...

can't believe he's engaged damn it....

Thanks Effy! I'll post more soon!

-Kallie!

MY GOSH!!!! I SO totally LOVE IT!!!!

PLIZZZ UPDATE ME!!

Thanks Mitchy Cullen! I'll post more soon!

-Kallie!

keep me updated!

ughh i cant believe this!!!

he even hit on her!

Thanks Anabella! Lol! I will!

-Kallie!

So I'm guessing Emmett doesnt like Edward's fiance because he obviously wants Edward and Bella to be together. If so then he wouldnt mention that Edward had a fiance like he did not because he's hoping that Edward will end up falling in love with Bella instead causing him to leave his fiance and marry Bella? DOes that make any sense? Anywho I love your story!

Thanks Kara! I can't say why, you'll just have to wait...but thank you! (And yes, it makes perfect sense! :D)

-Kallie!

I absolute love this, please keep me updated :)

Thank you Jordan! I accepted you friend request and will keep you updated! :)

-Kallie!

Chapter Two- Last Kiss (Inspired by Taylor Swift’s Song)

“What?” If I could have cried, I would have been sobbing.

“Bella, dearest, sweet Bella. Je t'aime de tout mon cœur. (AN: That means I love you with all of my heart in French.) You don’t know how much it pains me to see you like this. Before I leave tomorrow, before I leave you my love, please dance with me, and know, that someday, I will see you again. And hold you in my arms once again, and I will kiss your sweet lips and smell your floral scent. I love you so much, too much in fact. I leave tomorrow to marry Tanya Fuelling. I’ll hate myself all the while that I am not with you, but it’s for the best. I will see you just as soon as I can. I am in an arranged marriage, Tanya will turn into a vampire and together we will live with the Volturi until we can leave. And I will find you once more my love.” I looked at him with shock. I wasn’t sure how to speak, so I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him close, memorizing him, so when I see him next, I would know it was him.

“I am in love with you Edward Anthony Mason Cullen; know that my cold, dead heart is with you, for all eternity.” I told him as I looked up to see him lean down to kiss me. I leaned back to him as I grabbed his neck and kissed him, feeling the spark I’d been missing.

“You are so amazing Isabella,” He said as he whispered and let a French accent through.

I curtsied, and turned to walk away from him, and then I felt his hand snaked around my waist and pulled me into a dance.

The swirling started up again, and I listened to the song he lightly hummed to me. Claire De Lune, I knew the melody like the back of my hand. I blocked out the noise of the ball going on inside of the ballroom, and only focused on Edward, holding him tightly in my arms.

EPOV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was the most beautiful creature I had ever laid eyes on. She was unreal. The way her glorious brunette hair flowed down her back and flew out as we danced, the way she stared at me with her golden eyes, the sweet voice that whispered my name, the way the rich blue ball gown almost touched the ground if not for her black high heels. The way she felt against me, the simple look of love that was clear upon her splendid face, the way it killed to watch her slip out of my arms, kiss my cheek, and the way it felt to watch her sneak into the shadows as if she were only a magnificent hallucination. And the whisper through the shadows, “Edward, you will always have my heart.”

I feel to my knees and wanted to cry out to my beloved, to keep her in my arms, to kiss her face, to have her as mine.

I stayed silent as I crawled into the shadows of the very spot she vanished. I sat where I could inhale her scent and imagine her next to me. For her to be my betrothed, for me to marry Isabella. I needed her like I needed blood, I needed her more than blood, I needed her like humans need air the breath. And one day she shall be mine, and not a soul else’s.

BPOV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran from him as I slipped out of his melody. I could hear the crack of his knees as they hit the ground. I would see him soon. He would see me soon. The haunting word echoed in my mind over and over again. Soon. Edward didn’t give a time, or date, just, soon.

I softly, like rose petals whispered, having the knowledge that he may hear, “Edward, you will always have my heart.” I bounded around the corner and blew a gentle kiss, hoping he would keep me on his mind.

I walked slowly back into the ballroom as if nothing had happened. Carlisle and Esme stopped me as I entered, “Mr. Emmett Cullen wishes to speak with you dear.” Esme said with an exalted smile.

“Where may he be?” I asked quietly looking down.

“In the parlor, make haste darling!” Esme whispered as they shooed me off to meet him.

I walked slowly at a reasonable human pace, and eventually found the charming little parlor. I knocked on the mahogany door almost silently and heard, “Please, do come in Bella.”

I saw Emmett Cullen sitting on a floral davenport (AN: FYI, davenport means a couch or sofa :D.) with his thick hands folded, and his golden eyes tracing the rose pattern on the carpeted floorboards. He looked as though he did, or was about to do something he was going to regret immensely.

“Isabella, for the sake of both of our families spots on the high class social scene, would you marry me?” He asked me, as his swift feet moved and knelt down all in 2.34 seconds flat.

“Emmett, we could never love one another, you are hopelessly in love with Rosalie Hale, and well, I, am in love with your brother.”

“Bella, this is not about the stupid ways of our pasts, we do not have to love one another, because I could never fall in love, maybe like my sister, but not anymore, this is about money. We can just be the dearest of friends. Am I being followed?” I nodded as he spoke.

“Exceptional, now, I do believe I have someone you need to become aquatinted with. My dear sister Mary Alice Cullen, but do call her Alice please, and her fiancé,” He paused and coughed rather uncomfortably, “Jasper Whitlock Hale.” Emmett pointed toward the door and I watched as a petite and pale girl danced her way into the room with a tall, serious man in her arm. Alice walked right up to me and curtsied with a large, mischievous smile plastered on her delicate face, as though I was missing some inside joke.

“Hello Bella, I am Alice Cullen, the sister of my dear brothers Emmett and Edward Cullen, do not worry though, your secret is safe with me.” She smiled again and made a slight gesture to Emmett.

“It is a pleasure to meet you Alice,” I curtsied as well, since any dignified person of that time would have. I felt very vexed as well, how could she have known...?

“How did you ever have known Alice...?” I asked her puzzled.

“I have the special ability to see into the future, and I saw Edward, well, I am sure you can use your imagination.” She sent me a small smile, and continued to speak, “I can also see us as the dearest of friends Bella, I truly cannot wait for that day.”

I smiled and Mr. Hale came up toward me and bowed as I curtsied. “Hello Isabella, you look beautiful. It is a pleasure to be of your acquaintance.”

“The feeling is mutual Mr. Hale,” I was stopped short as everyone’s head turned to see the door open. There stood a human girl of the age of maybe 18, she was beautiful, golden hair, curled, a pale skin, deep blue eyes, but she was dressed in drab clothing, tan and white tattered dress and apron.

“Rosalie.” Emmett said standing up immediately as she walked into the room.

“Mr. Cullen, I am sorry, I did not realize people were here, I will just be getting out of your way.” She said quietly ashamed of herself.

“Do not apologize Rosalie, you look very pretty tonight Miss Hale...” Emmett said looking down.

“Thank you, I do need to get back to work, I am indeed incredibly sorry sir.” She said ducking her face beneath her hair and ran out of the room. I realized they only saw each other when she walked into the room. It was heartbreaking to see their expressions as she parted the room.

“Alice, Jasper, would you please exit the room?” Emmett asked quietly.

“Of course dear brother, we will leave.” Alice responded, grabbing hold of Jasper’s arm and running them out of the room.

As soon as the door shut, I said, “Oh dear Emmett! I am so saddened by your tragic love.”

“She will marry a man by the name of James Nomadic, they are human, and something I am not.”

“But can you not change her?” I asked desperately.

“Yes, I can, but she will be in so much pain and she does not love me the way I love her.”

“But yes she does Emmett! I can see the way she looks at you, and how you look dearly at her, which is why I cannot marry you Mr. Cullen.”

“You are in love with my brother are you not?”

“Yes, I am.”

“And I am in love with Rosalie Hale, which is why I need you to marry me; you and I shall be mourning over the loss of our lovers for all eternity. If we marry, the pain should not be so unbearable. So just marry me, please?”

I opened my mouth to say,

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service