The Twilight Saga

Discussion Topic KSN 083009 By Doc B

Was Jacob Black "Too Young" For Bella Swan ?

Introduction: There is a famous old saying "Maturity has nothing to do with Chronological Age." History is replete with some very young people who were very mature: Joan of Arc was a military leader at 15, Juliet died at 13, Nero was still an "emotional and psychological" child when died at 31. Caligula was going through his "terrible two's" when he was 29.
Which brings us to the question:

Question: Was Jacob Black "TOO YOUNG" for Bella Swan ?

As always, I sincerly, look forwad to learning your opinion.

Most Sincerely,
Doc B

PS: I hope you enjoy the new photo sections of my discussions, I would like to thank my friend "Rose" for teaching me what an interesting influence they can have on a discussion. DB

Views: 1301

Replies to This Discussion

I did not see Bella making the choice. There always was only Edward for her. Her friendship with Jacob - just a shadow comparing with her love to Edward.

In some ways yes, in other ways no.
Now Renesmee was/ is definately too young for Jacob. It's disgusting.
he imprinted and since he doesnt age for a period of time nessie's age will catch up with him and it wont matter then
Bella is 18 and Jacob is 16.5, Jacob's age makes him too young for Bella. But Jacob is plenty of mature, I think. So that makes him old enough for Bella. To me, Jacob acts like a grown-up, sometimes.
he's like 25 and your rite
no I DONT THINK SO AND IN ECLIPSE (THE BOOK) HE SAYS HE ABOUT 25 OR SOMETHING SO HE ACTUALLY OLDER THAN HER AND I KNOW WERE TALKIN ABOUT NEW MOON BUT I HAD TO PUT THAT OUT THERE. AND AT POINTS HE SAYS HE DOESNT AGE AND THEN BELA GETS MAD POOR HER. TEAM JAKE!!!!!
He is older physically but emotionally he is still a teenager. Only in Breaking Dawn he finally shows signs of maturity.
it doesn't bother bella that shes dating a 109 year old {ewwww}
team jacob!! so jacob's age shouldn't matter!!

I am a true believer that age is nothing but a number, in most cases. In this case Jacob was not to young for Bella, more an to inexperinced and immature. I love Jacob as the best friend, he help her smile again when Edward left. He had never had a relationship so he didnt know that it isnt a game. I think Bella would have considered a future with him if he would have not thrown himself at her. He took on "winning" over Bella as a game to play, but she was already too in love with Edward by that time!

I think the age thing may have been a BIG deal for Bella!! If you think about it, she did not want to be older than Edward. She had a fear of being older than the one she was with! Bella was very mature for her age and Jacob even thou he wasnt totally immature he had alot of qualities that were.

He is too immature for Bella, his immaturity sometimes bugs me. He is a great friend but just can't get it in his head that friendship is all Bella needs from him. I do feel a little sorry for him, but only from time to time.

I think there just perfect for each other.

Who, Bella and Jacob?

No. I am rather sure if there would not be Edward's leving then they never become so close friends.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service