The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 5984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd probably give it the same. I felt Jill and Sydney were too similar to Lissa and Rose. And Eddie into Jill????? 

Exactly...I just...didn't care for it. 

Has anyone read the "Raised by Wolves" books?  I have them on my list to read and was wondering what you all thought of them.

Also, the "Nightshade" books.  By Andrea Cremer.  Anyone want to give a recommendation for these books?

I've read the first two books in the Nightshade series and although they aren't my favorite they aren't bad either. The plot is interesting, there is a love triangle, but there is enough action to keep you going on. I have been putting off reading the third book but i'm going to start reading it soon. Will let you know more then.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm now reading the 3rd book in The Mortal Instruments series.  I like this series, but the one big twist in the first book carries on throughout the 2nd and 3rd book, and it kind of ruined it for me.  I don't want to give too much away, but it kinda killed the romance part of the book.

well, yeah, the romance wasn't really there and still there. It was more of a sexual tension and it's not even thoroughly explored in the 4th book. Maybe it will be in the fifth book but there are many other things other than the romance that kept me hooked.
And no problem. :)

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar children.

It's an unusual idea, very well-executed. Nothing wonderful, but they have a unique idea and execution of said idea, and a witty and interesting narritive.

I've seen this book at Walmart and was wondering about it. 

I do reccomend reading it. The concept is a really great one, I like the main characterm too. The execution of the book is good as well. It's a combination of narration and photography. I love it!

Just completed The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost. Just backtracking too read First Drop Of Crimson then I'm all done with the Huntress and World series. Well until June? July? when Vlad hits the stores.

Started out strong then slowly started to blend into just another typical PNR. It has it's high moments too be sure, but too much YA coming from Cat at times for my tastes too really buy it. Other than that it's decent.

Yip, sure would.

Friends/Family etc

I've lately read a short book called love letters. I've found it interesting enough, but it's slightly too soppy for my liking, and also;

I KEEP COMPARING IT TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA!!!! Yeah, I know twilight saga -woohoo it's awesome- is in fact the best series ever (except ma-y-be HP) but it's anoying when ur trying to get ur head into another book without expecting Charlie to wiz round the corner at every crime scene,and Jacob trying to kiss Bella half the time!

Other than those few (okay, a lot) problems, I think that 'Love letters' is a really good book. I would definetly reccomend it to anybody who doesn't get toooo carried away with Twilight (I know:  it's hard to believe anybody can not care about TWILIGHT!).

Just be warned- may include old people losing their minds and soppy poems and people finding true love...

Angels Flight - Nalini Singh

Wicked. Kind of miss this series.

Yes

Good Reads

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service