The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 5910

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, it's me! Hello Cobra! =D

The second, actually, Brisingr is the third and Inheritance being the fourth.  I've still gotta read the last one too. D=

Just finished "11-22-63" by Stephen King. It is a good read and had me captivated right away. It's about a guy that goes thru a"porthole" in time back to 1958 and has to live in the past for 5 years to try and stop the assasignation af JFK. obsticles keep being put in his way when he tries to changes things in the past, because the past doesn't want to be changed. It's very intriguing and I recommend it. It's not the "Horror genre" that SK is so well known for, but the "human interest" side of it, with some SK violence thrown in....very good.

also just finished "Pride and Prejudice" for the first time. It's a 200 year old novel, but it is still a good read. Keep a dictionary close by so that you can look up some of the words used. ha haha

I'm currently trying to finish The girl who played with Fire which is the 2nd book in the Millennium series. It's taking me a while to read it for quite a few reasons:

1) It's freaking long as hell

2) There are far too many characters in this book, the author chooses to call them all by their last names (which are all so damn similar that I can't keep track of who is who) (Blomkvist, Bublanski, Bland, Bjurman, Beckman...bloody hell...are there no other letters in the freaking alphabet?)

3) I'm going through a phase where I'm just not in the mood to read... :(

It takes a lot of time with those names. I had the same problem. 

I struggled with the first, I've put it down for alittle while and plan to come back to it soon!

I finished Angelfall by Susan E most recently and it was quite an enjoyable read. It's a post apocalypse novel where the angels have come down to Earth and are killing people and destroying cities for no apparent reason. You get glued to it straightaway. 

It has a lot of action, witty remarks, strong plot and likable characters. What else do you want?

I had seen a lot of good reviews for this book on goodreads and wanted to give it a try. It exceeded my expectations. But now I have another sequel that I have to wait for. 

This sounds very interesting.  I will have to add it to my To Read list at Goodreads.

I know I hate waiting for the next book in a series.  Some of the ones I've read are older so I didn't have to wait.  Like Twilight...I just read it last year.  So I read all 4 books in about 10 days.  

There were many series that I read late when almost all of the books of that particular series was out. This is the first one and it was published in May 2011 and the second book is still not out! I read it somewhere that this was gonna be a 5-book series. If the wait for the other books is gonna be so excruciatingly long, then I really don't know what I'll do with my life. >.> 

I added it too. :)

Me too :)

I'm sure you guys will love it. This book and the Hunger games movie are the only two things on my mind these days. 

Currently reading Charlaine Harris' Dead Reckoning book right now. Still deals with Sookie and Eric and all them. Up to chapter 5 and nothing has been mentioned about Bill or anything. Not sure if it's part of the Sookie Stackhouse series or if it's just another book with the same characters but with a different kind of story line. Still pretty good though :)

I also just finished Nora Robert's Sign of Seven Trilogy. That's actually pretty good if you like Nora Roberts and want a little something different. Took me forever to read with limited time but either way it was still good. Check it out if you want something other than vampires, wolves, etc. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service