The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 5740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dead Reckoning!   I haven't read that one yet. Glad to know a new one is out.

It's been out for quite a while actually. I'm just now getting to read it

yeah I think there are 2 new books since I last read the series of them....I better get on it.

I am reading the fourth book in the Heku series Equites. I stumbled into this series accidentally and wasn't really keen on reading it until one day I had nothing to read (shocking, I know) and then I picked it up. The first book had me completely bowled over. I loved it! So I quickly moved on to the second and third called Valle and Encala, and then tragedy hit. I couldn't find the fourth book anywhere. It wasn't available on the sites I buy my books from and the one site I found it, it was crap expensive. I made my room-mate and my other friend read the three books and well, they went crazy too. So yesterday when I found the ebook online, I completely flipped out. My room-mate and I were screaming and hugging not believing we got it after having given up long back. It was such a lovely surprise. 

I'm loving this book as much as I did the others. These books are really really long and have so much going on in one book that you can't really remember which scene happened when and in which book. But I'm still so very excited that I'm reading it. 

I read two books today. Guess I really needed to distract myself from the real world.

The first was Five Flavors of Dumb. I am just gonna say two words. READ IT. It was a very enjoyable read. It made me laugh, brought me close to tears and kept me on an emotional roller-coaster ride. I highly recommend it.

The second was Ultraviolet and I thought it was gonna be something else and it turned out to be something else and that sorta disappointed me and so I didn't like it all that very much but I liked it enough to wait for its sequel to come out. 

I should get a life, shouldn't I?

So I just finished re-reading Mockingjay and now I'm done re-reading the Hunger Games trilogy. I can't even remember how long back I had first read this series. Even after all this time, it stays my favorite.

Which book do you like the most? I think that all the books are brilliant but the first stays my favorite by far.

Just finished reading a fan fiction of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice from Mr. Darcy's point of view called "An Assembly Such As This" by Pamela Aiden. It was a good rendition of what she thought was going thru Mr. Darcy's head. Many cross references to Pride and Prejudice were in it of course....much like Twilight and Midnight sun. I am now on the second book of the trilogy..."Duty and Desires"

I have completed 3 books in 3 days.

I've read Genesis by Bernard Beckett which is an amazing read and would leave you stunned in the end and you can complete it in barely 3-4 hours. 

Next, I've read Before I fall by Lauren Oliver. It was an okay read. 3/5 stars. It is about a girl Samantha/Sam/Sammy/add-many-other-stupid-nick-names-here, who dies in a car-crash cause her best friend whose driving drunk can't keep her eyes on the road. However, the next morning she finds herself in her bed. But when she checks the date, it's the previous day again. So it's like that movie "If Only" starring Jennifer Love Hewitt to a certain extent but not really and mix it up with that Supernatural episode where Dean keeps dying again and again in different ways and Sam keeps reliving his death.  

Today (tonight) I completed Split by Swati Avasthi. It was a good read. It's about a 16-year old guy running from his house or more like being thrown out of his house by his abusive father after taking a beating from him for protecting his mother. He goes to his elder brother who left the house five years back and hasn't contacted since. It is a book which has a story to tell. I'll recommend it. 

I'm reading the first Vampire Diaries book at the moment. It's very different from the TV show, I think, but I'm enjoying it. :)

My daughter bought me "If I Stay" for my birthday and gave it to me yesterday. I read it today. It was a pretty good read. Now I have to go find the second book! I would not have read it yet if I knew there was another one after it :(

I love that book. It is truly fantastic!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service