The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 6034

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just got done re-reading The Hunger Games trilogy a few nights ago. Now I am reading The Host. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It is very captivating and makes me not want to put it down.

Awesome. The whole trilogy of The Hunger Games is like that, too. I too am finding The Host hard to put down. I want to keep reading and never stop lol. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book, and the other two in the series.

I have just started the immortals series by alyson noel

I have this whole series on my bookshelf.  I really liked these books.  Although there were a couple of characters that I didn't like, which is the whole point.  There has to be a bad guy/girl right?

This was the first series I read after Twilight. It didn't compare to Twilight for me, but I still really enjoyed it.  Let us know what you think.

Well, this is my first time reading the series, I'm 10 chapters into the first book atm. Im liking it so far.

I have the first book that I am going to start reading again(it's been a couple af years) but I haven't read the last ones yet.

I only have the first book too. Why has it been so long since you read? What was the last book that you read?

Im currently reading a fanfiction of Pride & Prejudice from Mr.Darcy's point of view. it was a trilogy and I'm on the last book.(1 - An Assembly Such as This, 2- Duty & Desire, 3- These Three Remain. by Pamela Aiden)

I was in school for 2 years for the Dental Hygiene program and you pretty much fall of the planet and disappear when you're there, just from the work-load and studying alone. it's insane 8 university courses are required to be done in 1st term of 2nd year (= to 3rd year university because 1st year U is a prerquisite) So I'm catching up on just fun reading and my friend is plying me with 4-5 books at a time....I've become a total bookworm...it's hilarious. I read a lot of books before but, I seem to be reading waaaay more now. And It's nice to be able to chose what want to read and the next one I want to read is City of Bones...because I can.

=:)

What is your favourite books? What genres do you read? Who's your favourite authors? I have tried to read wuthering heights before but I couldn't really get into it, I don't really think that the classics are for me to be honest but I might try again in at some point in the future.

Hi Mary

I have Wuthering hgts too but haven't read it yet...it's on my "to read" pile. I read Pride & Prejudice but it's 200 years old and I had to look up the meanings of words because they have changed and the context is applied differently now. *shakes Head* But it was still good!

I like al kinds of books - Stephen King, Dean Koontz, David Grisham, Diana Gabaldon, Jean M. Auel, George R. Martin, Cassandra Clare, JR Ward, Charlaine Harris, Micheal Crichton, James Patterson....etc.etc. The list goes on...I love all kinds of genres - science fiction, fantasy, horror, crime, romance, period pieces, comedy....so long as it is interesting and gripping, but not too weird & demonic....I'll read it.

I have books that I love to read over again depending on my mood - The Outlander series, The Sookie Stackhouse series, The Clan of the Cave Bear series, Twilight Saga, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, The Black Dagger Brotherhood, and the Mortal Instruments (i love the Clockwork Angel & The Clockwork Prince)

I've put some books down because no matter how hard I've tried...I just couldn't retain enough interest to carry on..."Wolf Hall" was like that. The writing structure was very difficult for me to read with my dislexic mind....nothing clicked. Normally I can see a pattern in the writing style and then it is not too hard to read, even if the is story jumps around a bit, like in "Game of Thrones"(loved that one). But for whatever reason, I got really frustrated with "Wolf Hall" and I had to walk away from it.

I have given up on a few books myself, the ressurrectionist to name one. I read a wide variety of things, mostly based on what I'm in the mood to read at that time. I usually only read any book once but I make an exception for the twilight saga books, I could happily read them again and again. Oh, and Stephen king is one of my favourite authors

I know what you mean with Twilight...I can read the series over again within a week now, because I know it so well, but it is like a fav movie you watch over and over again, you never get tired of it.

Stephen King is brilliant. When I mention him, people automatically assume it is the horror genre only and they don't seem to know he also writes a ton of human interest stories like: 11/22/63, the Green Mile, Hearts in Atlantis, the Long Walk, the Regulators, the Running man(movie is nothing like it), The girl who loved Tom Gordon, The Dead Zone, Doloris Claiborne, Different Seasons had The Body which the movie Stand by Me was based on, ...it goes on and on.

I like his thrilling stuff too because he artful in the way he writes it and it gets your neck hairs standing on end sometimes (IT did that for me) He's very meticulous and he has the courage to write what we might think to write, but were afraid to, in case somebody saw it and got creeped out by it. Ha ha ha. I like the fact that he's not rediculously over the top with gore and doesn't make a long winded,pages of description of it, but is right to the point....a lot of times with very dark humour. His mind is a well of wit and creativity that we are so lucky to have had him share what he comes up with. I'll never tire of his stories.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service