The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 5721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm taking a break from all these paranormal and distopian novels and am reading 'Amy & Roger's Epic Detour' by Morgan Matson. :) I thought it was just going to be about a boy and a girl on a road trip across America (which would be awesome enough, as driving across the US is something I plan to do) - but it's actually a lot deeper than that. I'm really enjoying it. The characters are likable and easy to relate to, their route from California to Conneticut is described well (giving me tips for my possible future road trip ;)) and there's even little "Roger's playlists" every few chapters. Roger has a great taste in music. :)
In short, I love it so far. :D

I read the debut for the Matched trilogy, conveniently titled "Matched". It's a dystopian about a totalitarian governed society, the protagonist is Cassia. At first the story seemed a little weak. It didn't seem bad at all, other than people being treated mindlessly. They have absolutely no say so in any aspect of their lives, even though they live a "good, long, happy life", or so it seems. They are denied any form of knowledge or know-how except what is approved by the Society. Some people know how to farm, some know how to cook, some know how to harvest, but no one knows any two forms of life-sustaining knowledge. It's all a way to keep the people under control. Their sleep patterns are monitored, it's logged when they enter/leave their homes, etc.

The real 'story' is one about love and fighting for freedom to think the way you wish. I read it in one sitting. The end kinda blew me away. I loved it. I cried. Then cried some more. lol. I'm a softie. XD

The slow/steady pace of the book in the beginning is mainly character development, and before you know it - you love them. I would definitely suggest it. There is some deep-rooted messages and poetic elements to the writing.

Oh, I've read Matched! :D I still have the sequel sitting aroung waiting for me to read it though...

It was soo good. I am waiting for payday to buy Crossed. I can't wait! It has a lot of mixed reviews. Some people either loved it or hated it, but not much in-between. It's written from Ky and Cassia's POV.

Should be interesting to hear Ky's POV. :) I should probably reread Matched before I read Crossed...it's been so long since I read it, I'd probably get confused.

Probably. A lot happens with them. I loved it, though.

I've read Matched, but I'm not sure if I want to read the rest of the books to the Matched trilogy. I really like Xander, but it looks like it'll be leaning towards Ky so... :(

Dreams by Daniela Sacredoti

Has anyone read the Mortal Instruments series? I wanted some input before I picked them up.

They are good books! The second one can be frustrating but stick with them. 

Should I read the Clockwork Prince and stuff before I begin?

Not really but eve if you do, it won't make a huge difference. You can start with any. Both series have one more book left to finish.  

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service