The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 5960

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I loved Beautiful Disaster.  Can't wait to read the next book, written from Travis's POV.

I'm about halfway through now. It's really good, but she has written Travis a little overboard. lol. Who gets into fights in the cafeteria with no consequences? But I do like the relationship between them. I know the 2nd one doesn't come out until next year, but didn't know it was from Travis's POV. Should be interesting. :)

I have read The Lucky One by Nicolas Sparks. The advertisements for the movie adaptation interested me, so I read the novel. I loved all except for the last couple of pages.

I haven't started it yet. I planned on picking it up while I got some free time at work, but that never happened. The movie is decent, but I have no idea how it compares to the book.

I watched The Notebook last night, and let me just say I basically had to hold my shirt under my eyes for about the last 20 minutes. I'm a softie when it comes to love stories anyway, but the end just broke my heart. I hope I am in good graces enough to feel love like that sometime in my life. :)

I just finished Spark, the second book in the Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer. As the name of the series suggests, it's about guys who can control the four elements. More precisely, it's a story about four brothers where each one of them can control a different element. This second book was the story of the guy who could control fire. It was a fluff read and I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed the first one. 

I would recommend it to those who are looking for good character development and strong relationships in their novel along with a little action. The books are predictable but they make for an enjoyable read.

I'm starting What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang next. I've been real excited to read it. I hope it doesn't disappoint. 

I kind of like books that are slightly predictable. Not to the point that they are boring, but I don't like reading long drawn-out crap that puts me to sleep. I have a friend who never likes books I recommend because they're too modern-day, but I'm sorry that I don't like royal-esque fantasia with maids and cortesans and stuff. I wasn't alive then. lol

That was a little random. Sorry. :D

Some books are such that no matter what genre you normally enjoy, you end up liking them. I don't normally like predictability in my books, but if it doesn't spoil my whole reading experience,I can ignore it. I like gothic novels set in Victorian era. I read about anything that hooks me up with good plot line and characters. I'm mostly into dystopian but I'm very critical when it comes to rating them. I need a strong world building otherwise dystopian novels become regressive. Also, sometimes I read romantic comedies when I'm in mood for fluff. Really, it's too easy to make me read anything.er..except maybe erotica. I've been wary of adult novels, these days. I gave them a shot, a few I liked, otherwise they mostly didn't do it for me.

Don't worry about random talks, I blabber too much myself. :D

You're exactly right. I had a dystopian phase for a while after reading The Hunger Games. I was actually pretty reluctant to pick them up. It just sounded like something weird and not my taste at all. It ended up being my favorite series, next to Twilight. Since then, I've picked up on the Divergent (by Veronica Roth) series and the Matched (Ally Condie) series. Divergent was an ok read. Nothing really happens until the last few chapters and even then it wasn't gripping. I'll finish the series out - I always do. I normally re-read books in trilogies just to make sure I've got the whole gist of it, and I put Divergent down about halfway through the 2nd read. Matched, on the other hand, was completely different. I read the first one in one sitting, then I spread my re-read out over about 4 days because I was taking it to work with me. I haven't bought the 2nd to either book, but I'm anxious to. I hate paying the double-price markup on an author's 2nd book. I always wait a while and get them for $10 instead of $18. :D

Fifty Shades of Grey is the only erotica I've ever read. I thouroughlly enjoyed the series, but the I tended to skip over the intercourse a lot. It gets repetitive after a while.

Romance is another story. That's my favorite genre, hands down. I'm a sucker for a good love story. I just started The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. It is getting good, and I already have The Notebook on my to-read list. Excited about that one :D

I love dystopians because I really like to see how authors experiment with the new worlds and their creativity is something I appreciate. But with so many dystopian books out there, it's really hard to find one that stands original with a strong plot and good characterization. Most of them build the world on shaky grounds and just expect the readers to go with it and that doesn't sit well with me. I like the Divergent series but I haven't read Matched. Maybe someday or maybe not. I've heard mixed reviews about it.

I usually read an ebook if I can't wait to get my hands on the book or borrow it and if I love it, I buy it later and re-read it till my heart's content or just sigh stroking the lovely cover. :D

I don't think Fifty is my thing. I've read reviews on goodreads and that was enough for me. ;)

I've heard good things about both these novels but they are slow for my taste. Enjoy reading!

I'm taking a bit of a break from all the paranormal/fantasy stuff and I'm going to start reading a book that a friend of mine has been nagging me to read for over a year now: The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simmons. Anyone that I've asked about has told me nothing but the best about this book, so I have extremely high expectations -- which can't be a good thing. I'll let you guys know what I think of it. 

The series is incredible, but the end of Mockingjay.. meh. It really bummed me out, and I feel like Collins forced the ending because of demand for the third book. I dunno, but it rubbed me the wrong way. Catching Fire was actually my favorite of the three, though.

I'm currently reading The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. It's a strangely mesmerizing story and I'm very much engrossed by it. I recommend books only after I'm done but people who like paranormal books should give it a try because I'm 80% in and not disappointed at all. The book's mystery has me on the edge of my seat. I had been hearing great things about it way before it's release, so I definitely wanted to see what the hype was about. It was one of the highly anticipated release of this year.

Will get back with my thoughts after I'm done. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service