The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 6005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maggie Stiefvater's writing style in this book is commendable. The ending was a little too anticlimatic for my taste and I feel like we're left with more questions than before. That said, I'd still say it was a very strange and different read. Really liked it. 

I liked it. I always find myself reverting to Twilight when I read books about werewolves or vampires. I feel like a lot of newer series spawn from Meyer's ideas.

"Meyer's ideas"?!

Other than fangless sparklepires, did Meyer have any original ideas? No offense, but: everything else she wrote was obviously plagiarized(sp?) from Anne Rice, or Joss Whedon, or some other talented storyteller IMHO.

How much difference can there be in one vampire/werewolf romance from the other? I'm no huge reader in the vampire world of literature, but my point was that after Twilight's undeniable success, there was a flood of paranormal romance in YA and most of it seems very similar to said series.

Maybe that was a loose statement - sorry. Perhaps what I should have said is that a lot of the paranormal YA series' that I read that were released post-Twilight as reminiscent of Twilight. Do you disagree?

The book that I was referring to there was Shiver by M. Stiefvater. There's a brown skinned, dark haired, yellow eyed werewolf who changes back and forth and unconditionally loves this random girl. There is no triangle in the book, but it definitely lacks originality.

I don't disagree, I just feel that while Twilight was undeniably the biggest commercial success of it's type, other than fangless sparklepires it had almost no originality.

I am currently reading two books, To Kill A Mockingbird and City of Lost Souls in the Mortal Instruments series.

To Kill A Mockingbird- As this is my third time reading it, I am finding it extremely enjoyable, almost like a comfortable old chair to rest on.

Mortal Instruments City of Lost Souls- No words. This series is so incredible it beat out The Hunger Games AND Twilight in one swoop for me. Its incredible.

TKAMB: Yes, of course, that is if any of my friends had the mind to actually WANT to read. Crazy foos'.

MICOLS: See above.

TKAMB: I found this book buried in a box after moving and said....hey I wanna read this again.

MICOLS: Picked it up at Target. Decided to read it. Best idea ever.

I always ALMOST pick up a book from the Mortal Instrument series. They look good enough, but I am always reluctant to buy them. I dunno why. Maybe you are provoking me to take the leap. :) Glad you're enjoying them so much.

Brandy I did the same thing.  I actually went to the library to check out City of Bones before I bought it.  I loved it.  Do you have a Kindle? If so you could download the sample. 

i am reading the blackdagger brotherhood. Very good books.

there are many i think 10.

They are a litlle more adult though. 

Books are by J R Ward.

HUGE fan. What one you up to now?

I am still reading The Lucky One, which, to my delight, is almost like a parallel to the movie. Everything happens differently, the characters, except for maybe Thibault, are completely misrepresented. Blah blah, but it's turning out to be a good book. Definitely a little on the slow side. It seems like Sparks didn't want to reveal what the characters were thinking at all, just dropping hints. I want more! But I have a feeling that it is coming soon.

I picked up Crossed by Ally Condie, the 2nd book of the Matched trilogy, and I'm stoked to finally get it. I wanted to wait and buy it once the price went down, but I couldn't wait.

I also bought Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, because I've heard good things, so I'm ready to find out for myself. I'll get back to you guys on that one.

'Til then..

o_O

I thought The Lucky One moved fairly quickly; a rather small book. Then again, I read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 3 days, so perhaps I am not a good judge of such things.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service