The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 5984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm currently reading Golden Lily by Richelle Mead. It's Book#2 to Bloodlines. I started reading it last night and I'm like...60% done with the book. I like it. 

just finished The Palin Truth by Jodi Picoult

very good read, and had a surprise twist at the end ( which I'm told is very typical from this author)

nice to read a book that wasn't part of a series, let alone one that wasn't finished...

I am reading The Great Gatsby for the first time.

I really really need to read that. :)

I'm re-reading the Hex Hall series. I absolutely love it and definitely recommend it. I'm surprised that it's not as popular as it deserves to be. 

I'm also reading "Last Breath" which is the 11th book in the Morganville vampires series. I used to love this series, but the last few books have been a disappointment. Some authors just need to take a class on learning "When to stop writing a series." 15 books in a series? REALLY? After quite a long time, I've decided to continue reading and this book isn't that bad...so far. 

I agree with hex hall being a underrated series it's awesome

I only read the first book, but I loved it. The other two are waiting for me but I keep getting distracted by other books :( In agreement about the series being underrated. Currently reading Archangel's Storm - Nalini Singh. Sadly, my PNR hiatus didn't work, and I'm finding the novel a big yawn, and predictable in the way all PNR seems to be these days. Prior to that finished Once Burned - Jeanine Frost. As above, which was a HUGE disappointment, as I love Frost, and Vlad both. Prior to that, Taken By Storm - Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Again easy, predictable, YA. But I loved it nonetheless. Crossing Fingers it wasn't the last in the series, as I still have Q's that need answering. 

Adult paranormal series are taking a downturn for some reason. I think that part of the reason for that is lack of originality and stretching out series a bit too much. 

I liked Once Burned but I was expecting it to be much better. I'll definitely be reading the sequel, though...cuz it's...Vlad...*sigh*

Nalini Singh's last two books have been sort of blah for me. I was looking forward to Bluebell's book and now I have to read Jason's book. Who cares about Jason? I mean, seriously. *rolls eyes*

Read the other two books in Hex Hall. It'll be a pleasant surprise after having been disappointed so much with the other stuff you've been reading. 

While I'm waiting for bluebell I am nearly finished Jason's book and im really enjoying it ;)

Well, that's good to know. I'll go ahead and order that, then.

That's why I took a hiatus from PNR. I thought maybe I was just overdosing or something :) Same with YA, I needed a break from all the angst and triangles. In total agreement about stretching out a series, when there's no need too. Quit while your ahead. Definitely see a lack of originality creeping through the Genre's, so I'm still looking for that one author with balls. Will def crack on with Hex Hall then :)

I'm reading Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. It's good so far, but I'm only about 50 pages in. I also bought The Lucky One by Nicolas Sparks.. I've heard good things, and I'm excited to read it.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service