The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 6006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

anyone read The Sword of Truth series?

I'm about to start the "Creed Series" by Linda Lael Miller.  Had them recommended to me.  Has anyone read these? It's not my usual genre.

Just finished the 3rd book of the Game of Thrones series...very good...much better than book 2.

Now half way thru Darkness Everlasting by Alexandra Ivy.

Khaleesi....this is one I think you would like.... it is very J.R. Ward-ish with its Alpha male, Vampire....but more to the cannon of the Vampire. It also has Werewolves, gargoyles and other demon-types. I want to get the other books she wrote as soon as I finish it....It's a quick read for sure. More for mature readers due to it's content.

Thanks Leanne, it sounds right up my Ally! I absolutely adore the Game Of Thrones books! Especially my second time around :0 I reckon it's a series you need to read again to familiarize yourself with all the characters, it's just not possible first tine around. Also gives you a chance to catch the details you miss, and the TV Series :)

I'm currently reading books about Dyslexia. Which is something that I had ever since I was kid, and I am also reading a book called Thirst by Christopher Pike.

I'm also re-reading The Twilight Saga. Its been awhile since I last read them.

Finished re-readin the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. Thoroughly looking forward to ICED tomorrow. Well, hopefully. Finishing up fifty Shades Of Grey. I have to say, some really BAD fan fiction there. I know it's a novel and all, but it smacks of fan fiction. 

I'm reading The Scorpion Races by Maggie Stiefvater, a book called The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, and picking through two compiled criticism books on Poe.

Pretty good with the exception of Octavian Nothing. The book got great reviews though - apparantly it's got a lot of good speculation on morality.. I'm gonna keep pushing to see what I can get out of it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

Star Wars: Before The Storm (Book One of the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy) by Michael P. Kube-McDowell

I hate when George Lucas-approved, official canon is later tossed aside. This novel was published in 1996.

Page 67, Luke speaking to Han:

"When I first met Obi-Wan, he'd been a hermit on Tatooine for ten years or more. When I first met Yoda, he had been a hermit on Dagobah for a hundred years or more. I never thought to ask either of them why."

Of course, just 3 years later (1999), Episode I - The Phantom Menace was released to theaters. Meaning that Lucas wrote the prequel trilogy just a few months after approving this novel, which contradict one another. Yes, I am sure he would explain it away by saying Luke was mistaken in his belief that Yoda had lived for a hundred years or more on Dagobah, but I still wish he had told this author to change this passage to accurately reflect Luke's misinterpretation of how long Yoda had resided on Dagobah. I would be far happier if this said something like "When I first met Yoda, he may have been a hermit on Dagobah for a hundred years or more."

Semantics? I do not believe so.

*rolls eyes*

There is more: Luke Skywalker is told his mother was Force-sensitive, and he believes it. Not as bad as my other gripe, but I still dislike it.

I'm really enjoying the Steifvater novel.. The Scorpion Races. It's refreshingly un-romantic so far, though I think there are a few touches waiting to be read. The writing style is pretty good, and the story is about something I've never heard of, so it's unique. I would suggest it.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service