The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 5985

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm finally reading Darkest Mercy, the last installment of the Wicked Lovely series. I'm happy that it's the last book because I found myself getting tired of this series really soon. I feel that the whole story could have been 3 books and didn't have to be 5. All this talk of war and the issue with the Summer King and Queen and...their respective lovers. I've had enough. I'm halfway through this one and I'll be happy when it ends.

I don't think I'd highly recommend this series, to be honest. I'd perhaps suggest that someone borrow these from their local library, rather than pay for them. 

I just started to read The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller, its about reincarnation. I just wanted to change the vampire, angels, demons, witches stuff for good. I hope its good. Have anyone read it?

I also bought Nephilim: The kiss of dawn. Its original title its in German or something like that :$$. I havent started it yet.

Never heard of either one of those.

"Haven Moore has always known she's different: there are the talents that can't be explained; the knowledge of places she's never been; and then there are the visions that overwhelm her - terrifying visions of a life that ended tragically two decades earlier and more than a thousand miles away in New York City. The citizens of Haven's rural, highly religious community, believe that she's been possessed by a demon. But this is no demon: it's reincarnation. Haven journeys all the way to Manhattan in search of clues about her past life and a decades-old murder. One wrong move could lead her into the clutches of the sinister villain at the center of a conspiracy much larger than she could have ever imagined. But if she makes the right choices, Haven will find the answers she's been seeking her entire life."

I find it very interesting so far.

I'm reading two books at the moment. One is The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo. The other is the 8th book from the series Pretty Little Liars. Both the books are pretty good so far.

"Girl" book.....I have lent mine to a friend and a coworker wants them next....I Love Lisbeth...have you seen the American trailer for the movie...I believe it is due out in Dec.2011

Pretty little liars...I can't get into the show so I never read the series had no idea there were so many in the series...do you think this is the last book #8 or are there more to come?

Wow, there's an American movie? I heard that they already had a movie but that it was in Swedish or something. I'm loving the book so far and might watch it but I know I won't be old enough. (It'll probably be rated R)

TBH, the books are much better than the show.(I couldn't enjoy it much either) The 8th book was suppose to be the last, but apparently the author is making 4 more novels and the 9th one goes in stores in July. I highly recome reading them.

Yeah I watched the Swedish version through Netflix. Had to read the first one the next two were dubbed. all three movies were in- you-face like the book but so much was left out. the eye popping scenes in the books were pretty much in the movie. Noomi Rapace played a perfect Lisbeth

the american version Rooney Mara is Lisbeth. I hear that it will not be a remake of the Swede film. It will have a different script. Lets see how close they follow the book. Yes, it will have to be rated R no way to get around it and stay true to the book. Daniel Craig (Yummy) will be Mickael-I no I spelled that one wrong.

TBH- that sounds about right....It is hard to live up to the book most times....12 books in one series. Wow that's pretty daunting. Same reason I keep putting of the Harry Potter Series. the movies are ok. Not enough romance get me hooked...but I will have to get around to both  Series because I hear good things about  both.

Darn it, I'll find a way to watch somehow.>.< I've seen the American movie poster for the book. They both look like charaters perfectly. (They made Lisbeth look kinda scary though...well I guess that's how she's suppose to look.)

Yeah, but if you're really hooked you'll probably fly by each book and the whole series it won't take long to read. (It took me 2 or 3 days to finish each book.) You can probably get them at the library. I've never watched or read Harry Potter. I might try it eventually since everyone loves those books, but I've never been a wizard/magic person.

OK, I just finish Delirium.....Dystopian/Love story.....it was a good read....the last few chapter it jumps into high gear.....on the edge of your set, heart pumping, OMG what's going to happen....then Bam!!!Cliffhanger......I'm dangling here....so I immediately google to see if and when there will be more books....

Pandamonium....due out in 2012

Requiem.....due out in 2013

I wonder if Lauren Oliver is like Stephanie Meyer....does the music she listens to affect her writing.  I wonder if she listened to Linkin Parks " A Thousand Suns"....the whole time I read the book I thought it would be a good soundtrack....it talks about fighting against the establishment....with songs like:

Requiem....When they come for me....and Wisdom Justice and Love..

THEN on page 353 this line says " And yet it seems to burn as brightly as a thousand suns"

Coincidence?????IDK

While waiting for Passion to get here...*taps foot in impatience*, I decided to read the only "unread" book on my bookcase, which would be: L.A. Weatherly's "Angel" a/k/a "Angel Burn."

I'd heard fantastic things about this book, i.e. how original it was and how it must be the greatest "angel" book out there.

Was it original? Definitely. Was it the best? Far from it. In fact, there should be a warning label on the cover that says: "Not recommended for the literary diabetic, due to astronomical quantities of sickly sweet 'I love you' 'No, I love you more' contests between the two lovebirds."

In fact, there should be a warning label on the cover that says: "Not recommended for the literary diabetic, due to astronomical quantities of sickly sweet 'I love you' 'No, I love you more' contests between the two lovebirds."

^^BOL!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service