The Twilight Saga

Ok, so I guess you get the idea of the thread.

What are you reading at the miniute?

How are you finding it?
Would you recomend it to a friend?

How did you discover said book?

Tags: currentlyreading, read, readreadreadsomemore, stuckinabook

Views: 6036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was one of the books I keep in my supply bag for work, so I only picked it up when I had a few minutes to pass. It wasn't a drag at all, but some things like the boating accident could have been told from the get-go. It didn't hold any startling information other than the fact that Victor died, but of course we already knew he was dead because of the way Sparks wrote him in.

I'm not complaining. It just wasn't the best book I've ever read. I actually passed it on to my mother, who just started it.

Far from the best I ever read; in fact, I only read it because I wanted to see the film and it was not yet available to rent/own on video (I rarely mess with piracy). Now that it is available to rent, I will soon.

The movie is decent, but it's drastically different from the book. The entire beginning of the book is cut out and Thibault and Clayton meet differently, etc.

I picked up The Notebook and A Bend in the Road (I think that's what it's called..) the other day. I read The Best of Me, it was pretty good. Sad ending, but good.

Finished The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks.. it was very good. Much different from the movie, but as usual, I liked the book better.

Crossed by Ally Condie was a bit of a filler book until the last of the three. It was good, but it felt a little drawn out because most of the time spent in the book is Cassia searching for Ky, and they're kind of rubbing elbows the entire time. I think the author meant for it to be a little suspenseful, but it really wasn't. I guess it's necessary to read if you're following the trilogy, but it just didn't impress me. I'm still pretty anxious for the last book, Reached.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi was awesome. Amazing. It starts out just weird enough for you to second guess reading it. The author is VERY descriptive, but the narrator is a little on the insane side, so it just gets really strange really fast. After she gets away from the asylum, I loved her. Juliette is the kind of heroine that knows what she wants. There's the ever-present love triangle that we see in most YA books these days, but this one is a little different. One of the fellows in the triangle loves her for the right reasons, and she loves him back. The other guy, Warner, is a megalomaniac who is obsessed with her because of her potential for power. Weird thing is, though, it's hard not to like Warner. He wants Juliette to turn her back on the very people who turned on her in the first place. Wants her to see reason, etc. Idk, I'm a little torn. I'm also disappointed that the 2nd book to this doesn't come out for a couple of months. Typical.

I'd recommend reading all three, but Shatter Me was definitely my favorite.

Reading Variant at the moment, along with Fifty Shades OF Gray, and Afterlife. Have also finished the Hex Hall series, have to say, little disappointed in the final novel :(

Just finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I'm well pleased. I didn't catch the hype with Divergent at all. It was an ok read, but nothing challenging. Insurgent, on the other hand, had some good twists and quite a few moments that I applaud. I'm looking forward to the 3rd novel, but I'm not sure at all how it is going to play out. It seems like Insurgent could have ended the series in another chapter or two, so I'm suspecting the 3rd book will be bursting at the seams with new information.

I also picked up Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, but I am considering just returning it to the library. It doesn't seem to be my taste. Have any of you read it?

I have read the Shiver Series.  I liked it, didn't love it though.  To me, it got better as it went along.  The 2nd book introduced a couple of new characters that I liked. I'm glad I read the series, but it wasn't one of my favorites.

I'm warming up to it a bit as I go along. I'm glad the author didn't draw out the transformation from wolf to human form. I was starting to wonder if it was gonna be some weird animal thing.. eek.

I have a feeling that Grace figures out how to reverse the process. I want to ask you if I'm right, but I don't wanna spoil it. lol.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I have all 3 books. I've only read 2 of the 3 so far though. I'm going to have to go back and reread book two because I can't remember what all happened before reading book 3.

I'm reading, Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt for my Literature class. 

The book is depressing; an autobiography of Frank McCourt who lived during the time of the Great Depression in Limerick. Frank's father is a 'dead beat dad' who abuses alcohol and can not secure a job to provide for his family; leading to the death of three of his kids, one seven weeks old, the other two only two years of age. There is so much alcohol abuse and neglect in the novel, Frank McCourt doesnt hesitate to write in every detail of the misery, hardship and sufferings that he endured in his childhood. 

This novel is very honest, detailed and has won a Pulitzer Prize. Although it is depressing at times, it is still worth a read. Kind of makes you appreciate your own childhood, compared to that of Frank McCourt. 

I'm currently on the third book of the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy. I actually really like it, it's a little out there but it's an enjoyable read at least for me. Haven't been addicted to a series since I read the Twilight series

I just picked up The Maze Runner series. I'm only a few pages in, so I have no opinion so far.

I finished Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, and it was likeable. I cried at the end. Romance usually does that to me. I'll be finished the series.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service