The Twilight Saga

This story takes place after Breaking Dawn: It's called Sunrise Tide, and is my fanfiction.

Chapter One-Bella's POV
I stared out the window in the bedroom of our cottage. Peering far out into the forest, I spotted them, using their laughter as a map. They were running, her on his furry back, almost home. It was raining out, but not too breezy. I sighed. I watched as Jake shifted back to human, his hair and bare chest dripping wet. Nessie was close behind, a big smile on her face. Only five years after her birth, yet she looked and acted the equivalence of a girl around the age of thirteen or fourteen. Yet she was far too advanced in her knowledge to be so young.
“We’re home!”, Jacob shouted, shaking his head furiously in an attempt to dry it.
I wrinkled my nose and gave him a small grin.
“Ugh, wet dog”, I noted.
He gave a small laugh, and just as abruptly, his smile turned into a frown and he rolled his eyes.
“Gotta go”, he said.
Nessie placed her palm on his neck, her expression pleading.
“Don’t go”, she whispered.
“I have to, honey”, he whispered back, leaning in closer.
I huffed, and he quickly turned around, a sheepish look on his face.
“See ya, Nessie”, he called, dashing into the forest.
Renesmee waved back, standing in the doorway and watching even after he was clearly out of sight.
“Nessie”, I said softly.
She turned, her quick movements graceful, and slammed the door shut.
‘Where’s Daddy?”, she asked, shaking her wet curls out the same way Jacob did.
“He went into town to pick up a present for Grandpa”, I said, running a finger through my daughter’s beautiful bronze curls. She was wearing a pale green silk dress, and matching flats. “Is that a new outfit?”, I noted, trying to make conversation.
She nodded, a grin filling her face.
“Aunt Alice got it for me yesterday. It’s for Grandpa Charlie’s party later.”
I sighed. Of course, she had to put it on two hours early to impress Jacob.
The thought made me shudder, which is odd, if you’re a vampire, like me. We’re never cold.
Nessie noticed, her chocolate brown eyes hinted me. But I pretended not to see it.
Renesmee looked as unbelievably beautiful as the first time I had held her, as a baby, if not more, but expressed it in a less childlike form now. Seeing her in “adult clothing”, the silk wrapped around her perfect, extra slender frame in a stylish way, made me a little nervous. She was almost fully matured, not only mentally, but physically. And it was hard to be prepared for all the things that would come with that new age. I’d only had five years to prepare. And though I didn’t sleep nights, it still came as a shock to me when Jacob displayed little tidbits of affection for my daughter. It was so weird to remember my blurry human days, when Jacob had done those things for me.
Just then, Edward came through the door, fashioning a jacket so he wouldn’t look too out of place in the town. In his hands were a giant box, wrapped up in silver wrapping paper and topped with a bow.
He gave me my favorite smile, and I dashed toward him like two magnets attracting. We kissed quickly, the big box in the way. He placed it on the floor gently, and sweeped me into his arms, then the same for Nessie.
He eyed her clothing.
“Alice”, he said, giving a velvety chuckle.
“Do you like my dress?”, she asked him.
“Of course. It’s beautiful.”
“What’s in the box?”, she said.
“Your grandfather’s new HD TV”, he answered.
“He’s never going to leave that old couch of his now”, I joked.
“Good thing Carlisle and Esme got him a new one”, Edward noted, smiling.
I smiled back, shaking my head.
We decided to go out and hunt for an hour, and then head over to the Cullen’s house to set up for the party. Little did I know of Alice’s upcoming vision……

Tell me what you think of the first chapter!

www.sunrisetide.webs.com -Read, Comment, Updates!

Views: 4614

Replies to This Discussion

VERY GOOD..!!!! :-)
omg i love it
wwwwwoooooooowwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! that was freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep writing PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm barely breathing over her this is great
OMG!!!!!!!! what will she say? what will bella and edward do to jacob? love it.....
I realize what just happened is pretty DRASTIC, and STRANGE, but chapter 9 better explains it! that's coming soon!
Alright, here is Chapter 9-which clears up chapter 8 a little bit-
Chapter 9
Bella’s POV
“Where are they?”, I asked Edward again.
His lips were pressed together, forming a tight line.
Alice stood inches away, seeing what was going to happen, and reflecting it back to Edward.
“Bella, love, I think you should sit down for this”, he said, wrapping his hand around my waist and leading me to the couch. Although vampires couldn’t faint, my head was sending off feelings of uneasiness throughout my whole body.
Jacob and Renesmee had been gone for two hours. At first, Edward said it was nothing to worry about, that they were just trying to get some alone time to talk out what had happened. My worries never ceased, and because of them, regrets of what I had discussed with Jacob earlier today were making me feel even worse. I felt like it was my fault they had to sneak away like this.
Of course, I remembered everything that I’d said.
“You’re unbelievable! I can’t believe you think you can just get away with all of this!”
He stared back at me angrily from where he sat on his bed.
“I can, and I will. Nessie’s practically reached full maturity, and just because she still looks young doesn’t mean she is!”, he growled.
At that point, I was fuming.
“She’s my daughter! I never asked for you to imprint on her. You’re lucky I let you around her after your attitude while I was still pregnant. So I don’t know why you think you have the right to-”
Suddenly Jacob had laughed, and I stopped, startled.
“C’mon, Bells. Are you telling me you’ve turned into an overprotective mother?” He snorted.
I growled at him.
And then, to my surprise, I laughed back, my lips not able to hold it in.
“Look Jake. I didn’t really come here to yell at you. I came to tell you that you can come back.”
He laughed again.
“Did you seriously, think you were the one stopping me from coming back? That’s not why I stayed away. First of all, I had to give you vamps some time to cool down.”
He chuckled at his joke. I rolled my eyes.
“And second, I was mad at myself. Well, at first I was. I mean, until I realize why exactly I kissed her. It opened up my eyes.”
I groaned.
“Jacob, I just want you to promise me that you’ll leave Renesmee alone unless I say it’s okay. Can you do that?”
He nodded, but I still saw laughter in his eyes.
Before I left, I shook my head and gave him a glare.
“So, my son’s getting back into the game, I heard”, Billy said from on the porch.
“He does, and tomorrow he’ll wake up with no front teeth”, I muttered.
Billy’s laughter faded away with my flashback, which took only a second.

“Jacob just proposed to Renesmee”, he said softly.
I felt my eyes bugging out of my head, my composed mask of a face falling to the ground and shattering. All the guilt I felt for yelling at his disappeared completely.
“WHERE THE HELL IS THAT MUTT? I’M GOING TO KILL HIM!”, I screamed.
Edward rubbed my shoulders, trying to hold me down.
“Bella!”
My eyes were blank, seeing nothing but my innocent young daughter standing there confused. She needed me there to stop Jake.
What was wrong with him? Was this some sort of sick joke he was trying to pull on me?
“Bella, listen to me. She hasn’t answered him yet, but you’ll find them by the mouth of the lake.”
He kissed me gently.
“Don’t be too hard on him. I’m almost positive it’s some sort of effect cause by his imprinting. After being with her for such a long time, and being…restrained for so long, I think it’s become stronger. It’s not his fault.”
It’s not his fault. It’s never his fault. I thought it would be a great thing to have Jacob still be in my life. To see him happy, even though I chose Edward over him. I even tried to get over the imprinting thing at first. But after becoming a mother, I’ve gained a sort of instinct, a sort of protection over Renesmee that’s hard to clear away. And it was probably my wild vampiric moods taking over, but as I made my way to the lake, I didn’t care what my conscious was telling me not to do. My only concern right now was Renesmee.
Danielle you're great..I'm looking forward for more...
You are amazing...God bless!!!
awesome
You are really good at this keep going
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee write moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service